Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America

realbigexplosion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Didn't see this posted, so here goes.

Two Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America.  They come out September 27.  There's a red and a blue one (though they both have the same design).  Retails for $199.99.

Looks like the game isn't bundled with the systems.  Not sure how limited these will be, but the Pikachu XLs sold out pretty fast.

Preorder at Gamestop - Red

Preorder at Gamestop - Blue

Preorder at Best Buy - Red

Preorder at Best Buy - Blue

Newegg and Target have pages up, but it doesn't look like they're taking preorders right now.  Newegg, at least, was taking preorders at one point.

Newegg - Red

Newegg - Blue

Target - Red

Target - Blue

Source: Kotaku

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew the video would probably be removed *Nintendo is very very sneaky lol*

I uploaded it with enough time for Eldritch to watch, ehh good enough   :baby: 

MOOOMMMMMMMAAAAA

I knew the video would probably be removed *Nintendo is very very sneaky lol*

I uploaded it with enough time for Eldritch to watch, ehh good enough :baby:

MOOOMMMMMMMAAAAA
Yeah, it was much prettier than I expected. I do wonder if that finish would be prone to damage if this system was for a young child but then again I'm sure they beat the hell out of them anyway.

I didn't see the video but that gloss might be my deciding factor in selling my Pikachu 3DS and keeping my red system pre ordered! Love glossy stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkskBfo3CJM

Here's the blue one.

I didn't see the video but that gloss might be my deciding factor in selling my Pikachu 3DS and keeping my red system pre ordered! Love glossy stuff!
I know everyone is different. But, personally, that Pikachu 3DS has some real personality and it looks good, whereas these X/Y systems just look good. At least if you do sell off the Pikachu 3DS you can easily pay for the LE XL and still have cash to burn.

To anyone near a Meijer their is a Meijer mperks coupon for 10% off of one electronic. Not sure if it was already posted

bestbuy sent me an email that it's ready for pick up

I drove 15 miles to pick it up, they have it sitting in the store pickup bin but they tell me they can't sell it until tomorrow

pretty fucking lame, what a waste of my time.

bestbuy sent me an email that it's ready for pick up

I drove 15 miles to pick it up, they have it sitting in the store pickup bin but they tell me they can't sell it until tomorrow

pretty fucking lame, what a waste of my time.
Similar thing happened to me today. I called and asked if it is possible to pick-up today since I got the same email. The person on the phone said "Yes!". Drove all the way out there and was told it wasn't here yet... I give a call back later and I was told it was delivered this afternoon, but I must wait until tomorrow morning to physically obtain it.

I picked both (Red and Blue) from my best buy this morning no problem. I shot an HD video showing both colors and comparing the Red to the standard 3DS XL Red.

I will say this, When these were announced I was hoping for the Gold one that Japan got and I also thought that maybe these colors were the same as the standard Red and Blue 3ds xl's but man oh man I am so glad I was wrong. In person these both totally rock, so beautiful.

My kids have the Pikachu limited 3DS and these in my opinion blow it away (hate to say).

Here is the video (Don't forget to hit the gear icon in the player and switch to HD for the best viewing):

http://youtu.be/PQPq-34E0f8

Will be picking up the Blue one tomorrow for my son. Any recommendation on a screen protector that I could get from BBY or GS? I want to put it on before I hand it to my son. Never own a 3DS XL before.

Will be picking up the Blue one tomorrow for my son. Any recommendation on a screen protector that I could get from BBY or GS? I want to put it on before I hand it to my son. Never own a 3DS XL before.
If possible try to buy a Hori brand as they make the best IMO. You might need to get it from Amazon as I do not think Best Buy sells them.

Thanks guys, will look into a Hori brand. He's 7 yrs old and pretty good with taking care of his stuff, but you never know.

Thanks guys, will look into a Hori brand. He's 7 yrs old and pretty good with taking care of his stuff, but you never know.
I might also advise looking into some sort of shell for the 3DS XL. My kids have the Hori Duraflexi on their Pikachu 3DS's and they protect from scratches yet still allow you to see the design of the DS (in this case Pikachu). They run about $15 on amazon and come in Blue and Red and are transparent.

I picked both (Red and Blue) from my best buy this morning no problem. I shot an HD video showing both colors and comparing the Red to the standard 3DS XL Red.

I will say this, When these were announced I was hoping for the Gold one that Japan got and I also thought that maybe these colors were the same as the standard Red and Blue 3ds xl's but man oh man I am so glad I was wrong. In person these both totally rock, so beautiful.

My kids have the Pikachu limited 3DS and these in my opinion blow it away (hate to say).

Here is the video (Don't forget to hit the gear icon in the player and switch to HD for the best viewing):

Do you plan on importing the Gold one?

Gosh now I want one too. I've already had the animal crossing LE. But these are just amazing. I love the red one a lot. I'd love to get one and make it sit with my Red vita. 

And now it's easier for me to pick up one from X and Y. 

To those who've already got these, what's version is it running on? If it's a low version I may have an excuse to buy it to use on games from other regions. 

Thanks for that video. They do look really nice, especially the red one. Btw is the glossy finish very prone to finger prints?

I talked myself out of this and canceled my pre-order.  Now part of me wishes I hadn't because these are gorgeous.

I don't have the funds, though, so it's kind of a moot point.

Can you even buy Hori Screen Protectors in store? I see them on Amazon and GS's websites.

Other than that, guess I'll be buying another set of PS Vita screen protectors for now. Used em on my first XL, and on my Pikachu XL and they work like a charm.

The red one is so damn cool looking. I bought a black one in august, but im damn tempted to get another one tommorow.

Fry's released their ad on the website. 3DS XL is $199.99 but you get a $20 Fry's GC with purchase. Technically $179.99. Good luck to those who attempt to PM. 

I'll try my luck tomorrow at BBY...maybe they will match it.
omg omg omg a bb phone rep seems to be willing to pm it, no confirmation she will but no shoot down when I mentioned the giftcard, having me wait for a moment.
omg omg shes doing it.

omg omg omg a bb phone rep seems to be willing to pm it, no confirmation she will but no shoot down when I mentioned the giftcard, having me wait for a moment.
omg omg shes doing it.
SHE DID ITTTT I got the Red for In store pick up for $179.99 (she adjusted the price down by $20) she had said we cannot price match free items after I seeing how it was the same price but just with a gift card, I asked if she would be able to adjust it down by $20 instead then, and she checked with a supervisor and said yes! WOOT! Now before you get jealous... keep in mind this means I am now going to be spending money on 3DS games that I will backlog, AND I stayed up till like 5 am debating whether to buy one or not... All to save $20...

bread's done
Back