Pokemon Black and White: General Discussion and Info: For Real This Time

[quote name='knightsdwn']Didn't get too much since I wasn't able to spin the prize wheel.[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad haul, IMO.

Remember to send me your friend codes via PM people!

I cant take care of it here

PS, Celebi event is going on until tomorrow, so Im gonna kill two birds with one stone.

[quote name='utopianmachine']All you sad people not on the east coast. I could go get it in 13 minutes. ;)

I'm really surprised there were no good preorder goodies this time around, in terms of real merchandise. Not a stylus, not a figure, nada. And window clings? Pfft.[/QUOTE]

yes Toy r us does, its not pre-order but better than wall clings

http://www.powera.com/ds/ds.asp?section=1&prod=770063

im going in like 20 mins to toy r us to get white

i may end up with an extra copy of white that ill throw on my tradelist

Three observations so far for me:

+ the music during team plasma battles is surprisingly cool
+ poisoned pkmn no longer loose health during regular walks
- enemies get a lot of critical hits

ive never had a game be Shipping Soon for so long
and i paid $4 for express one day shipping shipping and it still says march 8 estimate

at least the guide will be here 2moro so ill have it for white that i pick up today @ toy r us and then ill trade the amazon copy back to toy r us and buy the black pokemon dsi bundle and get another white version for free

[quote name='adriley313']yes Toy r us does, its not pre-order but better than wall clings

http://www.powera.com/ds/ds.asp?section=1&prod=770063

im going in like 20 mins to toy r us to get white

i may end up with an extra copy of white that ill throw on my tradelist[/QUOTE]

Those styli are okay. The Palkia/Diaglia ones were cooler.

And if you get another copy of White, I bet I could trade you my copy of Ghost Trick within a week maybe. ;)

Adriley

It comes out on a Sunday, so they arent actually able to do anything with it

It ships tomorrow, a business day, and the seventh

Comes one day later, the eighth

They've had them since Friday, like all retailers (some even sooner). They could have shipped then to have it by Monday. Amazon fails.

Mine is in the processing of shipping but it doesn't matter since I won't be home to play it until Thursday. It might have shipped sooner but I bought it with the guide and chose to have them shipped together.

its so fun
i started with Oshawott cause hes so cute and already got a Lillipup
feels like red and blue, all new pokemon

Got mine this morning, and ran through the rain like a madman can with an umbrella. Played up to the point where wireless communications were activated. I'm already impressed with this game, and I do like it that there are not much to be familiar with anymore.

[quote name='adriley313']its so fun
i started with Oshawott cause hes so cute and already got a Lillipup
feels like red and blue, all new pokemon[/QUOTE]

Same here, up to 4 pokemon and I'm having a renewed sense of joy that I haven't felt in a long time.

trying my best not to order White... got BLACK and dont think its worth buying White for 25 off amazon (with 10 buck credit)

its almost the same game (very few difference in the two verison (same story ect)

just noticed there is nothing planned RPG game wise for the rest of the year for the DS ... that has to be a misprint

Fuuuuuuuuuu--

I knew looking in this thread would pain my soul.

(I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail.)

[quote name='slidecage']trying my best not to order White... got BLACK and dont think its worth buying White for 25 off amazon (with 10 buck credit)

its almost the same game (very few difference in the two verison (same story ect)

just noticed there is nothing planned RPG game wise for the rest of the year for the DS ... that has to be a misprint[/QUOTE]

Actually if you pay attention the DS's support slowed down a lot. Outside of Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 there is nothing for them to announce RPG wise.

TMs have unlimited uses! Man that is crazy! Sorry if this is old news to everyone but it blows my mind that I won't have to play voltorb flip days for another thunderbolt.

Agree with everyone else, this feels like a whole new game. New interface, battle, pokes, awesome.

[quote name='62t']Actually if you pay attention the DS's support slowed down a lot. Outside of Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 there is nothing for them to announce RPG wise.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually ok with that. I just got a DS lite last year and I still have alot of catching up to do between that and all of my PSP RPG's. Let the 3DS reign. I'm not getting it.

[quote name='62t']Actually if you pay attention the DS's support slowed down a lot. Outside of Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 there is nothing for them to announce RPG wise.[/QUOTE]

OMG when are they importing DQM: Joker 2
i cant wait

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']TMs have unlimited uses! Man that is crazy! Sorry if this is old news to everyone but it blows my mind that I won't have to play voltorb flip days for another thunderbolt.

Agree with everyone else, this feels like a whole new game. New interface, battle, pokes, awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the TM thing is awesome. But I find it makes the game a bit too easy. I mean, they give out a Brick Break TM right before the normal gym just for speaking to an NPC. Four of my pokemon learned it. And immediately afterwards, I removed it from two of them with other TMs.

According to tracking mine will be here tomorrow morning. Got White, choosing Tepig. The only correct combination ;) I need a nickname theme for my Pokemon. Is the max number of characters you can use still ten?

[quote name='slidecage']just noticed there is nothing planned RPG game wise for the rest of the year for the DS ... that has to be a misprint[/QUOTE]

The drop-off is strange considering that the 3DS will probably not have enough momentum for a couple of years to convince developers to totally abandon the DS. I'm hoping Atlus uses the next couple of years to go back and bring over what they previously passed on like they did for the PS2 in '07-'09, but their love affair with anything bearing a passing resemblance to Demon's Souls seems to still be going strong :|

[quote name='adriley313']OMG when are they importing DQM: Joker 2
i cant wait[/QUOTE]

so far nothing been announced. However I would hope that Square Enix or Nintendo would given the success of DQIX

i would say GameFAQs for walktrhoughs
items, pokedex and all that jazz serebii.net is hands down the best
metagame and competitive play is Smogen

So, I've been thinking about the team I'm going to try to use, and this is what I've got (no idea what they're names are for the most part but I think I described them well enough):

Fire pig
Sea turtle
Lightning spider
Grass deer
Crocodile

I need a 6th one, but I don't know what I want. It's probably going to be the usually 3 stage bird pokemon.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Didn't get too much since I wasn't able to spin the prize wheel.

DSC02185.jpg
[/QUOTE]

For not having spun the prize wheel def a nice haul. Let me know if you wanna sell any to me, PM me :)

Played about an hour of White tonight (gonna push the starters over to Black and use it as my main game). Thanks, Kmart deal!

I dunno. Maybe I'm a little burnt out with the Pokemon series. Everything so far (I'm at the first Gym) just seems "repetitive, with a new facelift".

Still, I always seem to sink considerable amounts of hours into the "main" generation games...so I'll give it a little more time.

[quote name='62t']If you are looking for starter some guy on gamefaqs are giving them out[/QUOTE]

Just by reading a few posts it seems pretty hectic there. Out of curiosity, how far do you have to get it black and white before you can get pokemon from other players?

[quote name='whoknows']Anyone get the collectors edition guide?

Worth it?[/QUOTE]

I got the CE guide. It's got a really nice hardcover binding that looks pretty. As for whats inside, it's basically the regular guide plus a full Pokedex. It's worth it if you want both since the standalone Pokedex comes out in April and it'll probably be $20 itself.

[quote name='Josh5890']Just by reading a few posts it seems pretty hectic there. Out of curiosity, how far do you have to get it black and white before you can get pokemon from other players?[/QUOTE]

shortly after the gym, which is about 40-50mins

I found a Psychic Pokemon really early, just after getting my first badge. I wouldn't have gotten that badge if it weren't for
the free Pokemon I got in the Dreamyard.
This game seems a lot tougher than HG/SS/D/P/P. I just got the stuff for the Wi-Fi trading, but I can't really use it until I get back home.

Roggenrola is one stupid name.

I'm pretty much beast-mode(ing?) my way through the game with Dewott, Pansear, Zebstrika and Munna. Need to get Pansear to learn crunch before I fire stone it and get Munna Dream Eater before I evolve him.

Heads up to anyone who ordered on Amazon, my copy of White and guide shipped out today and delivery estimate puts it at tomorrow. Still have to wait until Thursday night :whistle2:(

I can't wait to start playing this, hopefully tomorrow. I've got a lot of stuff I have to do today unfortunately.

My copy from Amazon made it to a facility in the next town over last night at 6PM.

No reason for it to not be here tomorrow.

bread's done
Back