Pokemon Black and White: General Discussion and Info: For Real This Time

[quote name='Spanky']I understand that but some people (like myself) take multiple carts to gamestop for such events. I always download extras in case someone missed an event pokemon and needs it.[/QUOTE]

If Zorua can breed, I'll introduce it to my Ditto and give you their child :3

Speaking of trading, I did something... naughty. On the GTS, I offered a Graveler for a Graveler (so we both get Golems). But my Graveler had a present, an Everstone! >:]

[quote name='popular penguin']If Zorua can breed, I'll introduce it to my Ditto and give you their child :3

Speaking of trading, I did something... naughty. On the GTS, I offered a Graveler for a Graveler (so we both get Golems). But my Graveler had a present, an Everstone! >:][/QUOTE]

You are an evil but nice person. It seems Zorua can be bred by looking at Bulbapedia's page on it. Would still need a Celebi to fill my dex. Definitely let me know though if it is possible to breed.

ya be careful bout trading pokemon tha evolve cause ppl will put an everstone on it. i usually save that for trading right then and there so you can see what item the pokemon is holding.

finally got victini then traded for one so it can level up faster and be ready for the elite four in time

yes zorou can be bred

Looks like my Ditto is going to feel the love tonight :3
If anyone wants a Zorua, let me know. Ditto has its eyes on my Zorua.
Friend Code: 3954 6554 6469

Edit: I have 4 Zoruas to give out

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='popular penguin']Looks like my Ditto is going to feel the love tonight :3
If anyone wants a Zorua, let me know. Ditto has its eyes on my Zorua.
Friend Code: 3954 6554 6469

Edit: I have 4 Zoruas to give out[/QUOTE]

hey can anyone point me where i can do the event hack? i missed out on ashs pikachu and my house wifi wont connect to the DS for some reason. im starting to get back into heartgold, even though i just got black on release day :p

What security type is your house wifi under and what DS are you using. As far as I know DS only accepts WEP or non secured networks to connect to.

[quote name='Spanky']What security type is your house wifi under and what DS are you using. As far as I know DS only accepts WEP or non secured networks to connect to.[/QUOTE]

neither of those for sure. its WPA.

Yeah you have to change it to WEP anytime you want to connect online with your DS, luckily my router retains the info for both settings so I just have to select from a drop-down box and the router resets.

Can't wait to get a 3DS and put an end to that nonsense though.

I'm going to surprise my two boys (6 & 8) by taking them to the Pokemon Mall Tour tomorrow morning. I plan to do it all...buy them each a T-shirt and a plush, watch the movie, take photos with Oshowatt, Tepig, & Snivy, do the stamp contest, etc. I will also have a copy of Black & White waiting for each of them on their seats for them to play in the car on the way home.

^ ull be like parent of the year, though better go early as i heard they sell out fast.

gonna hit up the mall tour today after work around 5ish.
Mainly want a set of plushies, will settle for oshawott as hes my fav
if i can get extra i will try and then trade them on here, though one CAG i remember wanted a Oshawott cause his ran out. we will see

[quote name='yukine']Yeah you have to change it to WEP anytime you want to connect online with your DS, luckily my router retains the info for both settings so I just have to select from a drop-down box and the router resets.

Can't wait to get a 3DS and put an end to that nonsense though.[/QUOTE]

DSi can use WPA for games that use it, just like Pokemon Black & White.

Cap'n_RDM;8283242]I'm going to surprise my two boys (6 & 8) by taking them to the Pokemon Mall Tour tomorrow morning. I plan to do it all...buy them each a T-shirt and a plush said:
They'll probably love it.

I took my little sister and it was awesome. Did everything there as well. What a fantastic day.

Cap'n_RDM;8283242]I'm going to surprise my two boys (6 & 8) by taking them to the Pokemon Mall Tour tomorrow morning. I plan to do it all...buy them each a T-shirt and a plush said:
Not to be a *total* creeper, but can you take me too? :p

Also, hello everyone! I was active in the DQIX thread when it first came about, but then stopped being so active when I lost interest in the game.

In any case, 5 badges, 72 Pokémon, and 30 hours.

...I might grind for a good bit everywhere I go. :3

Current team consists of
(all from level 32-36) Leavanny, Krokorok, Excadrill, Victini, Archen, and Samurott. There's a Scolipede sitting in the PC, as well as a Boldore and Gurdurr waiting for trading at 25 there, too, whenever I end up seeing my friend again. Oh. I stuck these in spoilers just in case people didn't want to know the later evolutions, but everyone else in this thread is probably already far ahead in the game...was this necessary?

Just got to the 6th gym area. Whee!

[quote name='david12795']hey can anyone point me where i can do the event hack? i missed out on ashs pikachu and my house wifi wont connect to the DS for some reason. im starting to get back into heartgold, even though i just got black on release day :p[/QUOTE]

This is what I do for event hacks (sorry if dont explain this well). First off, the only way I know how to hack event Pokemon is through the Pokemon Platinum version of Pokesav (Pokemon game save editor)... What a minute, wait a minute. I'm getting ahead of myself. I meed to know something first; Are you using an actual Pokemon game cartridge, or a legal backup of your game on a flashcart? The only method I know of hacking the event Pokemon, is by using a flashcart (don't ask what that is).

I still have 3 (free) Zorua's if anyone want's them. It would be nice if someone trades me the condor/vulture Pokemon (Route 10?). It's a Pokemon Black exclusive, so I can't get one. I haven't seen one either, so I can't look for one on the GTS :[

[quote name='KingBroly']DSi can use WPA for games that use it, just like Pokemon Black & White.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm not buying a DSi.

[quote name='popular penguin']
I still have 3 (free) Zorua's if anyone want's them. It would be nice if someone trades me the condor/vulture Pokemon (Route 10?). It's a Pokemon Black exclusive, so I can't get one. I haven't seen one either, so I can't look for one on the GTS :[[/QUOTE]
I would try to catch you one but I'm not even close to Route 10 unfortunately.

Beat the game earlier today.

A well regulated league, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear pokemon, shall not be infringed.

Umm... wut? On the GTS, I offered a Lv.1 Snorlax and wanted a Reshiram. I put up that Snorlax for the LOLz, but someone accepted my offer. I guess Snorlax is the shizznit.

Well, people with an AR can clone their pokemon with just holding down the R and L buttons. I used to put a lot of unreasonable trade stuff up on the GTS with HG, and I nearly got them all. Swimming in Mews and Jirachis.

^
Man, that's no fun. I could just use Pokesav and make all the legends in eggs, so when they hatch, my pokedex fills up. But that would kill the game for me. The only time I "hack" is for event pokemon or to make my Online Pokemon Team.

I've played nearly 21 hours, and, just now got the sixth badge. I fight every trainer I come across. Still, it feels like this game is taking much longer for me than previous versions.

I do the same, I think I skipped some in Twist Mountain though. I forget how far in I was at the 6th badge. I've put about 45 hours in, the last few have been grinding my Pokemon about 10 levels for the Elite 4.

I was able to beat them and N quite easily. However, Ghetsis poisoned my Zekrom and got him low. Then his Hydreigon came out and beat my Samurott and Braviary, didn't have much of a chance with the Haxorus slower, Excadrill and Zekrom low health, and Chandelure that wouldn't be able to do much. I didn't want to beat the game then anyway.

I don't know about you guys, but I never use healing items during a battle, just to make things interesting (exception: final battle).

Story wise, I feel this generation is the best yet (OMG loved the ending).

Definitely the best story that's been told in Pokemon so far.

The hell's up with the post game trainers being 15 levels above my pokemon? Hate to see what the Elite Four look like the second time around. Guess it's time to bring in the reinforcements.

I should have try this sooner, it was much easier finding a female foreign Deino than finding a foreign male Arbok or Serviper in Gen 4.

[quote name='GizmoGC']7th Badge and finished the Relic Castle.

20+ hours in...getting a bit bored with it.[/QUOTE]

You're so close to beating the game. The ending is a blast, I promise.

[quote name='doodofdoods']
The hell's up with the post game trainers being 15 levels above my pokemon? Hate to see what the Elite Four look like the second time around. Guess it's time to bring in the reinforcements.[/QUOTE]

Oh gawd. You don't mean... Importing your Lv.100 Mewtwo!?

I'm so terrible at this game. I never know what a good team is. I'm at the second gym and I figured I had a pretty balanced team but now I found some ground-types and fighting-types and I never know if I should kick someone out or not. ;-;

I pick a team from the start and stick through it, even if they suck (looking at you LIEPARD!!!) I was running with my tepig, purrloin, lillipup, cottonee, blitzle and tympole through the entire game.

The best thing to do is just keep your starter, get a flyer, catch a blitzle, find a fighting type, use the pan-pokemon you get in the dreamyard (until you can get a better alternative) and then fill the last spot with someone you like (bug pokemon aren't bad).

Some Pokemon are good early and then suck. Herdier is an example.

My first full team was Oshawott, Blitzle, Herdier, Timburr, Pidove, and Drillbur. I replaced Herdier with Roggenrola and Pidove with Archen. Then I slowly began assembling my final team, replacing Blitzle, Roggenrola, Timburr, and Archen with Joltik, Axew, Litwick, and Rufflet as I encountered them.

My team would be perfect if I had the TMs to teach a few of them the moves I need (namely Psychic, Ice Beam and Energy Ball).

Here's a good rule of thumb for Pokemon teams:

- You want at least 6 types of Pokemon (fire, water, psychic, etc.)
- You want a lot of variety when it comes to attacks (fighting, dark, steel, etc.)

fighting crushes steel and dark types, which can be tricky types to handle. I went with timburr and he was in my team for most of the game.

a ground type can be a good choice, especially when facing an electric gym. you probably ran into drilbur, who learns earthquake a lot earlier than sandile does. But sandile is also part dark type, which will help against psychic and ghost pokemon.

Been doing random trade negotiations. Been mostly trading people previous gen starter pokemon and riolu eggs. A shame you can't have any meaningful conversations during the trades, but I know Nintendo's afraid of foul language and miscreant behavior so it's understandable.

Anyone want to let me borrow their
Tornadus
?

[quote name='letallis']It's annoying how Battle Subway requires you to have a fully IV/EV trained team to get far @_@[/QUOTE]

Did you ever try the Battle Tower in Crystal? Especially at the higher level floors! Ugh.

[quote name='Rocko']I'm so terrible at this game. I never know what a good team is. I'm at the second gym and I figured I had a pretty balanced team but now I found some ground-types and fighting-types and I never know if I should kick someone out or not. ;-;[/QUOTE]

My team was constantly changing throughout my playthrough. Since I evenly trained my team, the wild Pokemon were at the same level. I would experiment with my newly captured Pokes and try to learn their names. But I pretty much used Archeops & Haxorus (sweepers), everyone else were fillers.

[quote name='letallis']It's annoying how Battle Subway requires you to have a fully IV/EV trained team to get far @_@[/QUOTE]

Man, the Battle Subway is a bunch of B.S. (see what I did there?) If I use a fire team, everyone has a Milotic/Starmie/Dugtrio. When I use a dragon team, each of their Pokemon knows blizzard. WTF

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread confuses me, so here's a sexy Misty

misty10.jpg

[quote name='Organization_XIII']This thread confuses me, so here's a sexy Misty

misty10.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a terrible Photoshop job. Ugh.

[quote name='Trillian']Wow, that's a terrible Photoshop job. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Huh. Although I've seen that pic get posted a few times, I didn't notice that it was 'shoped until you pointed it out. Weird.

Just defeated the Elite Four for the first time. My team so far

Samurott LV 52
Victini LV 52
Golurk LV 52
Eelektross LV 52
Virizion LV 52
Zweilous LV 52

[quote name='Metal Militia']Just defeated the Elite Four for the first time. My team so far

Samurott LV 52
Victini LV 52
Golurk LV 52
Eelektross LV 52
Virizion LV 52
Zweilous LV 52[/QUOTE]I took'em down with
Emboar
Liepard
Stoutland
Whimsicott
Zebstrika
Seismotoad

Everyone was lvl 52

My team was (all 54)

Samurott
Haxorus
Chandelure
Braviary
Excadrill
Galvantula

I dropped Chandelure when I fought N with Zekrom since I didn't need Fire. But she's back in my team and more useful now with Psychic and Flamethrower.

I am trying to get a male Vulpix by breeding in my Platinum game and sending it to White after and I just got a shiny female Vulpix!

bread's done
Back