Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Commercial

After watching that commercial I felt like I was back in Middle school when Red And Blue were around . I'm Definately getting this game when it comes out, just for old times sake.

the battles look EXACTLY THE SAME. I won't be buying another pokemon game until it gets overhauled. Fool me once shame on you, fool me 3 or 4 more times shame on you still, fool me 5 times or more, then, and only then, shame on me.

[quote name='hohez']the battles look EXACTLY THE SAME. I won't be buying another pokemon game until it gets overhauled. Fool me once shame on you, fool me 3 or 4 more times shame on you still, fool me 5 times or more, then, and only then, shame on me.[/quote]

Well I'm just glad I stopped Playing when Mew was the last pokemon (#151). I really havent played since. It's nice to have color for a change....and Wifi too. :)

from that commercial...it looks like there's wifi...is this the ONLINE wifi or the "local" wifi? if this game is online...then i will have to get this...even if it is embarassing....

We have a pokemon club at my college (UCLA) and my fellow clubmates and I have started a campaign for this game!!! All of campus will know our names and this game!!! GO POKEMON!

well nintendo has used wifi to mean worldwide over the internet, so i expect that for this also. they even used the nintendo wifi logo.

supposedly u can use voice over wifi too.

does anyone know wut the 9/28 and 8/11 at the end mean? release dates possibly?

[quote name='Puffa469']its got to have wireless internet play. The commercial shows 2 DS's on opposite ends of Japan connecting up to battle.[/quote]

opposite ends eh...thats like what, a quarter of a mile apart?

[quote name='Americanpierg']opposite ends eh...thats like what, a quarter of a mile apart?[/quote]

just a few meters outside of the DS's wireless lan range. ;)

[quote name='hohez']the battles look EXACTLY THE SAME. I won't be buying another pokemon game until it gets overhauled. Fool me once shame on you, fool me 3 or 4 more times shame on you still, fool me 5 times or more, then, and only then, shame on me.[/QUOTE]

same here... The only thing making me come back is the new stuff, but who knows... I'll wait and see what the initial response is to the japanese version.

[quote name='slvrdrgn123']supposedly u can use voice over wifi too.

does anyone know wut the 9/28 and 8/11 at the end mean? release dates possibly?[/QUOTE]

9/28 is the planned release date and 8/11 is when you can start preordering.

I guess if you preorder you get a free statue of the main Pokemon from that game. I saw another ad here somewhere that said if you preorder BOTH games, you get a 3rd "BONUS" statue.

So tempted....

[quote name='slvrdrgn123']supposedly u can use voice over wifi too.

does anyone know wut the 9/28 and 8/11 at the end mean? release dates possibly?[/QUOTE]

voice over during pokemon battels has been confirmed... not too hard to do since the battles are mainly menu based.

[quote name='hohez']the battles look EXACTLY THE SAME. I won't be buying another pokemon game until it gets overhauled. Fool me once shame on you, fool me 3 or 4 more times shame on you still, fool me 5 times or more, then, and only then, shame on me.[/quote]

I agree. Just recently got ruby and the diamond screens look exactly the same. The devs prob realized it would take a long time to have many 3d pokemon with their own animations and made the buildings 3d instead :/

bread's done
Back