Pokemon Rumble U (Wii U) free Black or White Kyurem with purchase at Gamestop.

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I noticed this in store today and figured it would be worth posting.  Gamestop is exclusively giving away either a Black or White Kyurem NFC figure if you purchase the digital code for Pokemon Rumble U in-store.  I guess its the only way to get the Black/White Kyurem figures in the US.  For anyone interested in the game, this is probably the best route to go for getting it.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/vg_pokemon_rumble_u_gamestop-2013-08-19/

Bought 2 cases from 2 different Gamestops.  Each case had an exact set, one had a shiny Pikachu instead of a regular, and the other had no shinys.

So now I'm off to eBay for Shiny Eevee & Shiny Genesect. I did two preorders and got 2 Black Kyurems.

I stopped by the Gamestop close to the office...and came out with two full boxes of figures.  That brings the count to 55 figures total.  I haven't opened them yet but I'm sure I have at least a complete set now.  I'll still need a White Kyurem at least.

I would create a trading thread, if I knew where to go.  Are there shiny versions of all the figures?  So far I've seen Eevee, Genesect, and Pikachu.

Well out of the 6 I bought I did get the Bulbasaur I wanted, so that's awesome, cool to see people mostly getting all of them that want them though

I stopped by the Gamestop close to the office...and came out with two full boxes of figures. That brings the count to 55 figures total. I haven't opened them yet but I'm sure I have at least a complete set now. I'll still need a White Kyurem at least.

I would create a trading thread, if I knew where to go. Are there shiny versions of all the figures? So far I've seen Eevee, Genesect, and Pikachu.
Nope, just those 3. I want a shiny Eevee or Genesect... preferably Eevee. -.-

Wow Bezerker you got 5 duplicate in your box?
I ended up buying 10 at 1 store and 8 at another rather than buying an entire box. I did not know that most boxes contained a complete set (looks like most ppl on gamefaqs got a complete set, but there are people finding duplicates in boxes). It did net me two Shiny Genesects though.

I have a 2nd game code since they wouldnt let me just have the two Kyurem's so I may just end up buying another box and selling the code along with a set of all my extra figures.

My store gave me an extra Kyurem, so I have two blacks.  Other than that I just picked up two figures for my kids, figuring that if they like them they can pick up more for themselves with their allowances.  Got a Pikachu and a Bulbasaur, which was nice since Pikachu is probably their #1 needed figure, where if I hadn't gotten it, I'd probably have ended up buying more right then.

As for my extra Black Kyurem, I imagine I'll probably end up trying to trade it for a white, or maybe for some regular figures if that doesn't pan out.

Last edited by a moderator:
My store gave me an extra Kyurem, so I have two blacks. Other than that I just picked up two figures for my kids, figuring that if they like them they can pick up more for themselves with their allowances. Got a Pikachu and a Bulbasaur, which was nice since Pikachu is probably their #1 needed figure, where if I hadn't gotten it, I'd probably have ended up buying more right then.

As for my extra Black Kyurem, I imagine I'll probably end up trying to trade it for a white, or maybe for a couple regular figures.
Going to pick up my stuff after work today. If I get another white I'll trade you for your white if you like.

Went and bought 18+1 figures.   I wanted to take the box but there was only 16 figures in there so instead I took the 2nd set that they had. unfortunately, they don't come with the box, they were sealed in plain plastic bag...  I brag one extra from the display, hoping i grab a shiny from there :)

Can you store one figure on two gamepads? Like if my friend buys a couple and then I scan his and he scans mine (right away before we do anything) would that mess with either of our games or would we just both get the basic level one that we can make our own way? One of my buddies wants to try and get a few specific ones as well and now that I have 6 different ones I told him he could just scan them in as long as it doesn't like take them away from me, but neither of us really know how it works.

I'm just waiting to get a response from the trade forum mods to create a trade thread for these. If/when I get a green light I'll post the link here so anyone who wants to trade can find a trade partner easier.

So whoever bought a box, did you get duplicates? It sounds like if you buy a box you'll just get all of them (give or take a shiny).

I got a shiny Genesect and one of each from a box.  However my Jirachi came broken so those things are pretty fragile.

I got 5 of them but for some stupid reason the GS employee couldn't find the kyurem. I got 5 figures none shiny but really small and nice. Never got in to skylanders or Disney infinity so this might be my thing. Game is all right from the first few levels. NFC thing works great as well.

I really just wanted the pre-order Kyurem, but my Gamestop couldn't find the dame things. The guy who works there said as soon as he finds them he'll give me a call.

I might start collecting the figures if the game turns out to be pretty good.

I tried to create a thread on the Master Trading forum but it would not let me. Since I cant create one there. Here are my haves & wants (Looking to do 1:1):

Have:

Darkrai

Jirachi

Torchic

Zoroark

Shiny Genesect

Want:

Bulbasaur

Croagunk

Deoxys

Lucario

Piplup

Shaymin

I would prefer to only trade the Shiny genesect for another Shiny figure, unless someone just wants to trade like all 6 figures I need for it.
PM Sent.

damn, same bag, 2 dups and NO SHINY!!!  /cry

total of 3 dups from 18+1. :(

freaking feel like going out to a different GS and buying another set for atleast *ONE* shiny!

IMAG0543.jpg

Went to pick up my preorder today and the GS employee couldn't find the preorder Kyurem. He checked the counters, the back and even called two other employees (he was the only one there working when I went in). The line behind me was growing and I didn't want to make others wait and/or pressure him to look any further. I told him that it's okay and that I can just come back later today once the Kyurem was found. He tells me to come back in an hour and he'll have it sorted out by then.

So I went back and he found them. Turns out, I was the only person who preordered the game at that location. He had a total of 5 Kyurems and gave me 4, apologizing for what happened earlier. He had wanted to give me all 5 but I declined. Well, all the Kyurems I got were the black version (at least I thought they were when I opened them up). I wonder if the last one I declined was a white one, haha.

I also bought a box of 18 and will post what I got later tonight.

Decided to stop in Gamestop today to preorder the Wind Waker HD Collector's Edition and wanted to reserve this. Didn't realize it came out today. I asked if I could get the game today and still get the figure, she said I couldn't because it was already out and I couldn't reserve it, and you HAVE to reserve to get the figure. I'm sure they have plenty of figures and I doubt anyone preordered. Oh well, lost a sale.

Went to pick up my preorder today and the GS employee couldn't find the preorder Kyurem. He checked the counters, the back and even called two other employees (he was the only one there working when I went in). The line behind me was growing and I didn't want to make others wait and/or pressure him to look any further. I told him that it's okay and that I can just come back later today once the Kyurem was found. He tells me to come back in an hour and he'll have it sorted out by then.

So I went back and he found them. Turns out, I was the only person who preordered the game at that location. He had a total of 5 Kyurems and gave me 4, apologizing for what happened earlier. He had wanted to give me all 5 but I declined. Well, all the Kyurems I got were the black version (at least I thought they were when I opened them up). I wonder if the last one I declined was a white one, haha.

I also bought a box of 18 and will post what I got later tonight.
That sucks (but awesome that you got 4 of them wow), hopefully when I call back they will have found them, since they could not find mine this morning.

FYI, if it's the same case as the GS I frequent. The pre-order balls are in the cases, they don't have a sku to scan so it's easy to tell them apart.

I bought a case, ended up with a near complete set, did get a duplicate Bulbasaur. The daughter was disappointed because she really wanted Pikachu.

Anyone selling their extras?
Willing to buy eevee or torchic for $5 and shiny genesect or shiny pikachu for $20. PM me
Also trading black kyurem for white kyurem

Just got done playing a few rounds, a lot more simplistic than Pokemon Rumble Blast, you can call it a light version of the full game. Kept my daughter entertained and that's what counts

I ended up buying 10 at 1 store and 8 at another rather than buying an entire box. I did not know that most boxes contained a complete set (looks like most ppl on gamefaqs got a complete set, but there are people finding duplicates in boxes). It did net me two Shiny Genesects though.

I have a 2nd game code since they wouldnt let me just have the two Kyurem's so I may just end up buying another box and selling the code along with a set of all my extra figures.
How much would you sell your 2nd game code for? I was thinking of buying this from the eshop, but if you give me a deal I might buy it from you instead.

Bought a box got duplicates (Victini and Bulbausar). Missing Pikachu and Litwick. Got a white Kyurem as the preorder extra.

I picked up my pre-ordered & the whole set today.  The GS guy is pretty cool. He let me have  two LE figure, he even looked inside  and told me two bag inside look little different, i may have both black & white kyurem) :)  

I have two codes and only need one. Is there a buy/sell forum here on CAG?

EDIT: Gone.

I told myself I wouldn't do it but I went and bought a slew of figures at Gamestop today, haha.

I got a game code w/Black Kyurem, and 16 of the 18 standard figures.
The guys at my local Gamestop had actually peeked in every capsule and labeled which figure was which so it was pretty cool not having to worry about getting any dupes.
Plus they had an empty box by that point so they gave it to me to carry all my figures home. :D

I'm not too concerned about getting the shinies (considering what they're selling for already, ugh), but I nabbed the cheapest White Kyurem I could find on eBay before the price sky-rockets.

I got a white Kyurem for free from my local Gamestop when I traded in two shitty games to get 2 figures. 

Hoping I can get a Black Kyurem tomorrow when I buy two more figures. These things are cute. I love them. 

Well I did not end up getting any White Kyurem.  If anyone is willing to trade their White Kyurem for a Black Kyurem, please PM me.  Going to try a 3rd GameStop on my way to work. I think it ends up being much cheaper buying a case and trying you luck for a shiny than eBay prices right now.

Is there a trade forum? Would like to trade my dupe Jirachi for a Bulbasaur.

R3DNHn0.jpg

The haul

I bought a box too, but they are for my sons' "good behavior reward".  Can't wait to find out what they are.  I think I am more excited than they are.  :p

bread's done
Back