Pokemon Rumble U (Wii U) free Black or White Kyurem with purchase at Gamestop.

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I noticed this in store today and figured it would be worth posting.  Gamestop is exclusively giving away either a Black or White Kyurem NFC figure if you purchase the digital code for Pokemon Rumble U in-store.  I guess its the only way to get the Black/White Kyurem figures in the US.  For anyone interested in the game, this is probably the best route to go for getting it.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/vg_pokemon_rumble_u_gamestop-2013-08-19/

Didn't seem like you were asking a rhetorical question. Why the sarcastic response? Stop trying to play the know-it-all and cause an uproar over nothing. If an item does not have a barcode, one does not assume it can be given out freely. GameStop, amongst other retailers, get tons of items without barcodes (not limited to posters, standees, games, etc.). It doesn't mean they can just give it away.

Besides, an overage of one stock is never going to "cause a far bigger problem" for the employee. If it was the other way around, then there might be a problem.

Edit: Checking back the last few posts of yours, you've contributed nothing to the overall conversation of this thread other than to pick fights with other users. On the ignore list you go.
1) Liquid Metal was causing an uproar. I was simply replying to him.

2) I would get into a debate about the verbiage of "can", but since you ignored me I won't. In turn I will simply say that in terms of a preorder item like this, I would assume I could freely give it out before I assumed it had to be sold.

3) Considering there would be no record he gave the item out, versus a record that they have one more... I would say it would be a bigger problem, than something no one was ever aware of.

4) Okay, though I stand by Liquid Metal was the one picking fights. I simply gave advice he didn't agree with and we got into a debate. If that is suddenly picking a fight, then I would like to know how exactly I picked said fight.

1) Liquid Metal was causing an uproar. I was simply replying to him.

2) I would get into a debate about the verbiage of "can", but since you ignored me I won't. In turn I will simply say that in terms of a preorder item like this, I would assume I could freely give it out before I assumed it had to be sold.

3) Considering there would be no record he gave the item out, versus a record that they have one more... I would say it would be a bigger problem, than something no one was ever aware of.

4) Okay, though I stand by Liquid Metal was the one picking fights. I simply gave advice he didn't agree with and we got into a debate. If that is suddenly picking a fight, then I would like to know how exactly I picked said fight.
1. I caused an uproar cause I said not to threaten employees for something you have no right too?

2. You assuming it can be given out doesn't make it so. There are other factors the employee would have to look into. Preorders for one. Also, knowing full well that to qualify for the figure, you would need to buy the game, if you get told to pay $4 instead of $18, thats a win. Take it and run.

3. Its true that theres no way for them to know if they had it, sold it, threw them away, or anything. However, that does not entitle you to its ownership. You have no right to that item at all unless the employee wants you to have it. If he decides to sell it or give it away, its not your decision to make, its his.

4. The only thing in my oriignal post that was combative was me saying "stfu". The rest was simply saying that harassing a store employee over a $4 item, which should really cost you $18, is dumb.

You also claim you never told the guy "not to call the district manager" in your original post but thats not true at all. You post gives the impression he should call. "worst case he gets in trouble, best you get what you want". Thats what you said. How would he get in trouble unless the guy did call the district manager? Harassing the employee, is the best way to guarantee you never get anything "free" again, so unless he did something incredibly rude, don't be an ass.

I'm not gonna reply back to this. You can if you want. You want to handle things a certain way, fine. I don't agree with the approach. Especially when the employee, was really doing him a favor.

Also, to get back on topic. Anyone have a shiny Genesect? All I need is him to complete my master set. Got all the figures except for him. Even have shiny pikachu and eevee.

What is everyone doing with the pokeballs? I have 50 empty pokeballs sitting here lol.

1. I caused an uproar cause I said not to threaten employees for something you have no right too?

2. You assuming it can be given out doesn't make it so. There are other factors the employee would have to look into. Preorders for one. Also, knowing full well that to qualify for the figure, you would need to buy the game, if you get told to pay $4 instead of $18, thats a win. Take it and run.

3. Its true that theres no way for them to know if they had it, sold it, threw them away, or anything. However, that does not entitle you to its ownership. You have no right to that item at all unless the employee wants you to have it. If he decides to sell it or give it away, its not your decision to make, its his.

4. The only thing in my oriignal post that was combative was me saying "stfu". The rest was simply saying that harassing a store employee over a $4 item, which should really cost you $18, is dumb.

You also claim you never told the guy "not to call the district manager" in your original post but thats not true at all. You post gives the impression he should call. "worst case he gets in trouble, best you get what you want". Thats what you said. How would he get in trouble unless the guy did call the district manager? Harassing the employee, is the best way to guarantee you never get anything "free" again, so unless he did something incredibly rude, don't be an ass.

I'm not gonna reply back to this. You can if you want. You want to handle things a certain way, fine. I don't agree with the approach. Especially when the employee, was really doing him a favor.
1) Yes and No. You seem to be working off the assumption that he flat out tried to clean every store out. I am working off the assumption that he went in to buy the game and was told he couldn't get the figure because it was part of the inventory and would cost him an additional $4 dollars. Considering Flame has been a member for roughly 6 years, has over 4,000 posts and I've never seen him start trouble... I think this is a fair assumption.

2) So... it's okay to screw preorder people if he gets paid, but unacceptable to screw preorder people if he doesn't get paid. Makes sense. Though again, this goes back to me assuming he offered to get the game in exchange for the figure.

3) This is correct, though it also makes him accountable for how others react to his reactions.

4) The item shouldn't cost you anything... it's a freebie with the game while supplies last. Some people might call it a preorder bonus and refuse service, but that is it.

I checked all my posts on the last page and could not find myself using the phrase "not to call the district manager", so don't make that a point. Also my post gives the impression that he SHOULD call if he really wants to do something about it. Wouldn't be any different from buying an item from the guy to give him a bad feedback rating. It's Flames call and I simply answered the question.

It's only a favor if he didn't want to buy the game, which leads to a different discussion about what makes him think he is entitled to all the figures for free anyway? Going off the fact the guy thought they were part of the inventory, wanted the MSRP of the normal pokeballs and Flame (long standing member of the site) wanted to do something about it... I think it's a safer assumption to assume the best. Though both of us are merely arguing about hypothetical situations that are based off how we interpreted his statement. Though if you really do feel this way about the problem, then why didn't you simply bitch him out for being entitled?

Went to a mall GameStop.

They've actually opened all their figures, and, marked which each one is! (On the wrapper, thankfully.)

So, I was able to snag three of the four non-shiny I needed. Just need a regular Eevee now, as well as the Shinys.

Went to a mall GameStop.

They've actually opened all their figures, and, marked which each one is! (On the wrapper, thankfully.)

So, I was able to snag three of the four non-shiny I needed. Just need a regular Eevee now, as well as the Shinys.
That is hella sketch let me guess they didn't have any shinies? What manager okayed that? That even cuts into there sales because people arnt buying dupes.

That is hella sketch let me guess they didn't have any shinies? What manager okayed that? That even cuts into there sales because people arnt buying dupes.
I think it's a great idea and a nice gesture by the employees. Sure, the shinies are likely to be snatched up by the employees or (hopefully) the first person that comes in looking for figures, but it will do a lot of customers good because of the elimination of dupes. I've swapped out the two dupes I got when I bought a box three times so far and have ended up with more dupes. I realize the likelihood of getting the two I'm missing is slim without buying another box, but I'll keep trying for now unless I come across a store that is doing this.

Goes both ways.

While it might cut into sales... I assume a lot of people are using their GamePad to simply read the contents and so they're saving time on returns.

The GameStop across town said it's definitely "against the rules". The worker on hand didn't think any manager approved it.

But, the store that marked them also has sold nearly all their stock...beating the store that didn't mark them. So, it's definitely working for them.

You're right; no shiny in the box. I would've snagged those. :lol:

Goes both ways.

While it might cut into sales... I assume a lot of people are using their GamePad to simply read the contents and so they're saving time on returns.
So what, people can just scan the unopened pokeballs to figure out what's inside?

The GameStop across town said it's definitely "against the rules". The worker on hand didn't think any manager approved it.

But, the store that marked them also has sold nearly all their stock...beating the store that didn't mark them. So, it's definitely working for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if what they're doing is borderline illegal/violating some ftc laws; then again GS sells opened games as
"new"

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they have the game up for demo? If not, you are going to draw your wii u to the store to do this lol. Thats kinda funny.
Some user on GameFAQ's (ew) posted a video of himself taking his Wii U Gamepad into the store to do just that. They let him.

Some user on GameFAQ's (ew) posted a video of himself taking his Wii U Gamepad into the store to do just that. They let him.
I can't see how that would work since if you take the gamepad to far from the wii u console it brings up a

message telling you to move it closer to the console.

I really wish these figures were marked.  There are only a few my niece and I want (including shiny genesect), so I am not going to do a blind buy, and scanning and returning I think is a bit shady.  Would be great if my local gamestop did what a few others apparently did and label what each pokeball had in it.  Oh well, maybe I will look to just buy the ones I want.  My niece certainly loves the game.

Does this site ship to the US, and if anyone has tried how much is shipping? Might be the best way to grab both GS preorder exclusives.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/pok-mon-rumble-u-game-exclusive-special-edition-242378/

Isn't the WiiU region locked? I would assume those figures wouldn't work since they are the UK versions. I know the gift codes definitely don't work from outside the U.S. Unless you just want the figures to have them then I could see ordering them.

Isn't the WiiU region locked? I would assume those figures wouldn't work since they are the UK versions. I know the gift codes definitely don't work from outside the U.S. Unless you just want the figures to have them then I could see ordering them.
As far as I know, someone tried the japanese figures on the UK game and it worked, so I would assume they would work.

As far as I know, someone tried the japanese figures on the UK game and it worked, so I would assume they would work.

Aw don't tell me that! If it's true I'm going to have to buy all the one-offs from Japan now...

Idk where you guys live but all of my local gamestops are sold out and they didnt label any of them. the ones 30 mins or so away have 3 or 4 left out of a box. The mall sold through 2 boxes.

Aw don't tell me that! If it's true I'm going to have to buy all the one-offs from Japan now...
The figures have been confirmed to be not region locked, so have fun tracking down every obscure promo figure from Japan, according to Serebii some have only 100 or 200 of them made, and I'm sure the people who have them aren't willing to part with them so quickly.

The figures have been confirmed to be not region locked, so have fun tracking down every obscure promo figure from Japan, according to Serebii some have only 100 or 200 of them made, and I'm sure the people who have them aren't willing to part with them so quickly.
afaik, all the japanese sets and special releases are included with this US/UK wave. If you can find any different ones, post them--but I haven't seen any JP set lists that have any figures we didn't get.

edit: all the physical figures are the same, minus a lucario with a small logo stamped on its chest. There were some promotional and contest toys made, but their figure's appearance is exactly like the normal ones, they just come with different starting movesets and possibly stats.

afaik, all the japanese sets and special releases are included with this US/UK wave. If you can find any different ones, post them--but I haven't seen any JP set lists that have any figures we didn't get.

edit: all the physical figures are the same, minus a lucario with a small logo stamped on its chest. There were some promotional and contest toys made, but their figure's appearance is exactly like the normal ones, they just come with different starting movesets and possibly stats.
Not totally new figures, but variations of the figures we already have, still good I suppose: http://serebii.net/rumbleu/figures/promo.shtml

edit: Just beat me to the punch I see

p-2.png

Something like Pokemon Smash Lucario will likely be something that shows up on Japanese eBay or sites like Mandarake in a year or two for something reasonable; after everyone has forgotten the hype.

I can't see how that would work since if you take the gamepad to far from the wii u console it brings up a
message telling you to move it closer to the console.
It could happen. At the local store, you can park right outside....literally 4-5 feet from the door. My GamePad reaches my kitchen, which is decently far (though good line of sight).

I give up! I have white kyurem still sealed in baggy only trade for black kyrem still sealed in baggy.
I can trade you a black for a white. Mine is still sealed in the pokeball, never opened but I scanned on the Wii U gamepad to check which one it was.

For sealed Kyreum just look in the holes. The more identifiable features are: black has teeth and black has spikes. White has neither of those features. I went to three gs and all had black.

Is there a trade thread for any of these yet? Just want to see what other CAGs are charging for their extras

I PMed a moderator to have a thread started but haven't heard back from him. Maybe I should try PMing another? I don't want to make one in the generic trade forum but I will if that is our only option.

I PMed a moderator to have a thread started but haven't heard back from him. Maybe I should try PMing another? I don't want to make one in the generic trade forum but I will if that is our only option.
Just make one in the general trade forum for now and then PM a mod to get it moved into the other forum later, especially if the first mod is ignoring you. Might as well at least get it started.

I bought one today and got a Zoroark. 

I just want an Eevee, Pikachu, and Bulbasaur. DAMMIT NINTENDO IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR ;-;

I sold that shiny evee on ebay for 67 bucks ;D

Me and my friend went to another gamestop and he got a shiny pikachu :D

bread's done
Back