Pokemon X and Y Announced!

Just bought a copy of Y. Should arrive tomorrow. Super excited. Haven't played since Gold. I absolutely love the originals starters. Are there any pokemon I should keep an eye out to trade for them? I'd like to get a squirtle, charmander, and bulbasaur as early as possible. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought a copy of Y. Should arrive tomorrow. Super excited. Haven't played since Gold. I absolutely love the originals starters. Are there any pokemon I should keep an eye out to trade for them? I'd like to get a squirtle, charmander, and bulbasaur as early as possible. :)
When you get it pm me your fc, I got them and will hook you up lol

718/718!

8214_10101179161573158_1436764990_n.jpg

I added a whole bunch of you! My FC is 0533-5728-8175. I've also got all starters if anyone is in need of one.

Yeah, events covered too. Chain traded for the vast majority of them, but hung onto Deoxys, Arceus, Mew and some others.

And yeah, that was largely from capitalizing on the bank being available overseas for a while. Was able to get a Cyndaquil on day one, and from there breeding starters, Stantlers, and Castforms covered most non-legendary bank Pokemon trading on the GTS.

Yeah, events covered too. Chain traded for the vast majority of them, but hung onto Deoxys, Arceus, Mew and some others.

And yeah, that was largely from capitalizing on the bank being available overseas for a while. Was able to get a Cyndaquil on day one, and from there breeding starters, Stantlers, and Castforms covered most non-legendary bank Pokemon trading on the GTS.
Ah ok. That makes a lot of sense. I don't really trade any legendaries unless I have another copy of them. Some of them I keep I have 2 copies (1 shiny and 1 non-shiny to actually use in battle) I only do this if the shiny has a really crappy nature though. I think I got lucky on the Event pokemon I was able to trade. I don't want to clone either as that would take the fun out of it. I have a Deoxys and Jirachi and plan to try them out in battle, and doubt I'd be lucky enough to get a spare of either. One i traded for a non-shiny Regirock, and the other for a Shiny Terrakion lol.

Anyone have a Protean Froakie they are up for trading? 

I have extras of every gen of starters. I do have 6 IV Dratinis and Chikoritas.  Also have Chimchars with egg moves and same for Snivy.

I have extras of every gen of starters. I do have 6 IV Dratinis and Chikoritas. Also have Chimchars with egg moves and same for Snivy.
I've got one, but it's in its 2nd evo form
Edit, got another level one also

I have extras of every gen of starters. I do have 6 IV Dratinis and Chikoritas. Also have Chimchars with egg moves and same for Snivy.
Lemme know if you still need one! I have a few.

Planning on getting back to Pokemon. Trying out Pokemon Showdown has given me some ideas on a team I want to make.

Does anyone happen to have a Tepig with the Thick Fat ability? I'm trying to get an Emboar with Reckless. If a Tepig has the HA Thick Fat, it does evolve into Reckless in the final form, right? Or is there still a chance that it won't?

[quote name="Vendetta_x360" post="11465837" timestamp="1390440606"]Anyone have a Protean Froakie they are up for trading?

I have extras of every gen of starters. I do have 6 IV Dratinis and Chikoritas. Also have Chimchars with egg moves and same for Snivy.[/quote]

I can get one for you. Let me know by PM.

Does anyone happen to have a Tepig with the Thick Fat ability? I'm trying to get an Emboar with Reckless. If a Tepig has the HA Thick Fat, it does evolve into Reckless in the final form, right? Or is there still a chance that it won't?
HA always turns into HA during evolution.

I'd like

I'll take those 2 6 IVs, especially if Dratinis are Marvel Scale. You probably already have Froakie by now, but I have other pokemon like dragon dance/outrage charmanders or gale wings fletchlings.

This really amused me, so I wanted to share.

I've been trying to get a Xerneas pretty much since the game came out. I have Y, so obviously I can't get it within my own game, so I've been trying on GTS. Obviously pretty much all anyone wants on GTS is stuff that requires Pokemon Bank, which isn't here. Tried to use Axew to get it (which I had a LOT of luck with in Gen V. Pretty much any legendary I wanted could be obtained within a week with an Axew), but after a month I had no luck. Tried a Vivillion (sp?) cause I heard people collect the various kinds, but again no luck (either mine is common, I missed the boat, or there simply wasn't any interest). I finally said 'whatever' and just threw a Chansey on there because I figured it had as much of a chance as anything else. It was one I had gotten through a Wonder Trade, and it didn't have any special items or Pokerus or anything interesting.

Checked the GTS today to see if it was still there, and was informed that a trade had been made. Lo and behold, there was my level 62 Xerneas.

I will never understand people on the GTS.

This really amused me, so I wanted to share.

I've been trying to get a Xerneas pretty much since the game came out. I have Y, so obviously I can't get it within my own game, so I've been trying on GTS. Obviously pretty much all anyone wants on GTS is stuff that requires Pokemon Bank, which isn't here. Tried to use Axew to get it (which I had a LOT of luck with in Gen V. Pretty much any legendary I wanted could be obtained within a week with an Axew), but after a month I had no luck. Tried a Vivillion (sp?) cause I heard people collect the various kinds, but again no luck (either mine is common, I missed the boat, or there simply wasn't any interest). I finally said 'whatever' and just threw a Chansey on there because I figured it had as much of a chance as anything else. It was one I had gotten through a Wonder Trade, and it didn't have any special items or Pokerus or anything interesting.

Checked the GTS today to see if it was still there, and was informed that a trade had been made. Lo and behold, there was my level 62 Xerneas.

I will never understand people on the GTS.
I wish you would have posted earlier.. I would have hooked you up with one a long time ago lol.

EDIT: Here's my funny story. I'm trying to get Manaphy and I saw someone wanted a Lugia for one yesterday in my "Passerbys". So I open a trade with him and he is trying to trade me a Phione named "Manaphy". I feel sorry for anyone who feel for that. People so shady lol.

Sorry for the lack of response guys.  I've been so slammed at work and all I literally do is work all day, go home and sleep.  Rinse and repeat.  :(

Anyways, I'm probably going to buy a copy of HeartGold from lovepig78 so I decided to just hit him up.  If any of you wants starters though feel free to add me and ask.  I'm currently trying to breed a good Turtwig but I can't find a decent one to breed with :/

Sorry for the lack of response guys. I've been so slammed at work and all I literally do is work all day, go home and sleep. Rinse and repeat. :(

Anyways, I'm probably going to buy a copy of HeartGold from lovepig78 so I decided to just hit him up. If any of you wants starters though feel free to add me and ask. I'm currently trying to breed a good Turtwig but I can't find a decent one to breed with :/
What makes a good Turtwig? Having the hidden ability? Mine only has overgrown

What makes a good Turtwig? Having the hidden ability? Mine only has overgrown
I don't necessarily think it makes it better having Shell Armor but I want one with it since I think it is more useful than Overgrown. My problem has been trying to get a 6 IV one thus far. Add to that I can't seem to breed a female one either. All the other ones I have done so far went by much faster. I think I may just come back later to Turtwig. I think I may work on either Totodile or getting Iron Tail on a Snivy. :)

Hopefully that means I can get a shiny Groudon since it is by far my favorite legendary pokemon and I must have it. 

So I found 24 Pokemon so far and I made it to some town where there is some sort of Professor guy on the 3rd floor of some building.  I'm having fun, I think, but I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.  Every time I battle a new Pokemon I throw a Pokeball at it so I can capture it.  I equipped some item that lets me share XP with my other Pokemon.  I've got a Level 12 Frokie and a Level 10 Zigzadoon and a few others.  Is there a story or am I just going to be wandering around trying to randomly bump into Pokemon?  What is the deal with the powers?  If I forget one and want to remember it later can I or is it a one shot deal?  Is there a logical way to powering up a Pokemon?  What the hell is going on?

Is there a way to edit the name of my Pokemon (after naming it for the first time)?  What about my character name?  My son started playing the file and he picked a bunch of random letters that is kind of making me nuts.

You can edit Pokemon nicknames later on but your Trainer name is permanent. Only by resetting the game can you switch.

The main story is, as always, to beat the 8 Gyms and tackle the Elite Four and Champion. There is astory about the evil Team Flare, but that doesn't start until the MegaEvolution story is finished.

By powers, I assume you mean attacks. Pokemon can relearn any move it knows naturally, but the list changes when a Pokemon evolves (for example, Chimchar can learn Flamethrower at level 47, but only as Chimchar. A level 50 Infernape will not be able to remember it naturally) and requires a Heart Scale. The guy you give it to is in the last town before Victory Rd.

So I found 24 Pokemon so far and I made it to some town where there is some sort of Professor guy on the 3rd floor of some building. I'm having fun, I think, but I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Every time I battle a new Pokemon I throw a Pokeball at it so I can capture it. I equipped some item that lets me share XP with my other Pokemon. I've got a Level 12 Frokie and a Level 10 Zigzadoon and a few others. Is there a story or am I just going to be wandering around trying to randomly bump into Pokemon? What is the deal with the powers? If I forget one and want to remember it later can I or is it a one shot deal? Is there a logical way to powering up a Pokemon? What the hell is going on?

Is there a way to edit the name of my Pokemon (after naming it for the first time)? What about my character name? My son started playing the file and he picked a bunch of random letters that is kind of making me nuts.
Lol, that's exactly how I felt. This was my first pokemon game, and the more I googled info, it only made it seem even more complex (EVs, IVs, Nature bonuses, etc.). I can say I'm pretty addicted though. I just got into breeding over the last week to build a non-legendary team for battles.

The move deleter/tutor are pretty far into the game, so you'll just have to deal with whatever moves you chose for a while. I thought I had ruined my good pokemon when I played through the story since you have to use the HMs to get past certain obstacles. I ended up making 2 HM slave pokemon by the end of the game so I didnt have to overwrite the moves I wanted to keep.

Event pokemon aren't possible to be shiny, right? I already got a Celebi from trading a couple weeks back boooo

EDIT: For those of you who got it, how are the additional boxes? I read that the additional boxes actually hold pokemon on their servers or something like that. Do they load like the normal boxes do in game, or is it a slower process to move pokemon in and out of those boxes?

If it hasn't been said yet, the PokeBank does NOT allow items so if you're planning to restart for fun just be aware that you'd lose your special event Blazikenite so trade it to a friend before you restart. 

The boxes look the same as the normal boxes. Its the transporter that is the problem, it can only read from box 1 on the cartridge, so you have to put all your pokemon into box 1 on the older cartridges, transfer, put the pokemon into the bank, and wash, rinse repeat. With those of us like me who have thousands of pokemon its a very time consuming process.

Lol, that's exactly how I felt. This was my first pokemon game, and the more I googled info, it only made it seem even more complex (EVs, IVs, Nature bonuses, etc.). I can say I'm pretty addicted though. I just got into breeding over the last week to build a non-legendary team for battles.
Same here. For as much hand holding/tutorial stuff Nintendo games tend to have, this game has very little. So it did take me quite a while to get into it as a first time Pokemon player.

I'm through the 8 gyms and just need to do the Pokemon league stuff. I forget how many Pokemon I've caught, 100 some I think. I stopped bothering with catching every new one quite a while ago. Just try and nab new ones I come across, but don't sweat it if I kill them accidentally before.

I've enjoyed the game, have like 33 hours into it, but it hasn't super hooked me so I'm at the point of just wanting to finish it up and move on.

I have actually almost put 300 hours into the game. Granted, a significant portion of that was filling up the Pokedex and I have actually attempted to get the Battle Maison TMs (since they give BP after every battle instead of every 7.

Yeah, I've got nearly 200 hours in and that has all been leveling certain Pokemon to 100 and filling up the 'dex. I'm going to start up the Battle Maison soon to get the TMs and some other items.

How close are you guys to completing your Pokedex? I completed mine last Friday and I was probably at high 500-low 600 hrs. This is my first Pokemon game though, so I'm pretty sure I went slower than if I was familiar with the series.

I need the previous gen Legendaries. I have most of the Gen V ones in my previous games, but I lost by Black 2 & White games that had most of my event Legendaries in them. :(

You can't trade directly. They have to upload those Pokemon to Pokemon Bank, download it to their copy of X or Y, then trade it to your copy. Or trade the Pokemon to your copy of Black/2/White/2 and upload it to your Bank.

Anything from Gen IV will have to be transferred to a Gen V game.

bread's done
Back