Pokemon X and Y Announced!

In case you haven't heard, Japan's World Cup team has some new mascots:

Japan_National_Football_artwork.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, pop one in copy em to PC, and then pop the other in and copy to it.
Got the card, they had to ship it to the store nearby, and done and done. Pokemon is downloaded and I saw while on the eShop they had Marvel and Star Wars pinball on sale so I got those too lol.

Apparently the games aren't the only thing getting released worldwide at the same time.

Nintendo has already released the English trailer (which is the same as the Japanese trailer) for the Diancie movie.

Yea, Greninja was announced in the Nintendo Direct. As was Charizard. Greninja can use Water Shuriken while its Final Smash has it slash repeatedly under the moonlight. Charizard has its X Mega Evolution as does Lucario. Lucario's Mega even maxes out its Aura Power.

Some of the PokeBall Pokemon announced were:

Palkia
Fennekin
Xerneas
Kyurem
Keldeo
Deoxys
Meowth
Electrode
Victini
Arceus
Eevee
Staryu
Metagross
Meloetta
Gogoat
Entei
Goldeen

Also the Master Ball is being introduced. It will only contain rare or Legendary Pokemon.

Couldn't find a topic about pokemon trading so figured I'd post here. Anyone still play this? I only started a little over a week ago. I really need a couple friends I can trade with so I can evolve my pokemon. Also...if anyone has any extras of the beginning pokemon that are given to you, I need those.

I chose Froakie and Charmander so would like the other 4 that are given...I doubt anyone just wants to give those up for free. I hear they are a pain to get like breeding with a ditto...hear it's kinda time consuming.

anyway...still want someone to trade with so I can evolve my pokemon

My FC is 5386-9206-7824

The starters are freaking easy to get via GTS or even Wonder Trade.

Unless you want their Hidden Abilities or Shiny versions. Those are rare.

I heard the starters and charmander, squirtle, and bulbasaur are a pain to get because to get copies you need to breed ditto with the ones you chose. 

I tried a few people threw trading but couldn't even connect with anyone. I have no clue what I would trade anyway. Don't think I have anything valuable

Just take whatever starter you had, breed it several times, and put those starter-babies up on GTS to trade for the others.

It is easiest with Ditto, but you can't capture one in-game until late.

The starters themselves are only hard to get if you want a Hidden Ability or perfect IVs

i don't even know anything about hidden abilities or perfect IVs...I just want all the starters just for the sake of having them.

also i hear kadabra can only become alakazam by trading. i don't understand how i can trade that and expect someone to give it back to me

If you just want it for Pokedex purposes, there are tons of Kadabra-for-Kadabra trades on the GTS. Same with the other trade-to-evolve Haunter, Graveler, Machoke, Phantump, and Pumpkiboo.

Now, the ones you need to trade with an item (such as Electabuzz, Magmar, Scyther, Feebass, etc.) are a bit rarer.

i don't even know anything about hidden abilities or perfect IVs...I just want all the starters just for the sake of having them.

also i hear kadabra can only become alakazam by trading. i don't understand how i can trade that and expect someone to give it back to me
Hey bud, I am playing Y right now. I'll help you on tradebacks I might even have some extra old starters, like crocodile and snivy. I am usually not able to be on until after 8-9pm EST, but add my friend code. 2492-4618-0670 and gets yours posted on the list or send it to me.

Hey bud, I am playing Y right now. I'll help you on tradebacks I might even have some extra old starters, like crocodile and snivy. I am usually not able to be on until after 8-9pm EST, but add my friend code. 2492-4618-0670 and gets yours posted on the list or send it to me.
sorry...a little late now i guess. i'm on now and about to add you

My FC is 5386-9206-7824

So thru the random trade network thing I ended up getting a couple of starters as well as a ditto. I now have 1 of every starter as well as the other fossil you can choose. With the ditto I can breed any of the starters or fossils...by breeding I can make level 1's of any starter. I did this with chespin and wanted a yveltal...someone gave me one that was level 91...I only have 3 badges and have a few high level pokemon already. I don't plan on using them in the game. Only using ones I've leveled myself. Online trading though can easily make this game very unfun though.

Do you have a Mudkip, and or oshawott?  They're all I lack from having my dream fulfilled of a nothing but water starter party to play through the whole game.  I take it back, all I need is a Mudkip now, anybody?

Beginning August 18 until September 17 Gamestop will be giving out codes for Mega Stones for Pinsir (Pokemon Y) and Heracross (Pokemon X). 

Beginning August 13 Nintendo will be giving out Pinsir to people with Pokemon Y and Heracross to people with Pokemon X via wireless internet distribution

Lv. 50 Pinsir has an Adamant Nature and knows X-Scissor, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Return. It will have one of two Abilities: the defensive Hyper Cutter Ability or Mold Breaker. During Mega Evolution, Mega Pinsir’s Ability becomes Aerilate. 

Lv. 50 Heracross has an Adamant Nature and knows Bullet Seed, Pin Missile, Close Combat, and Megahorn. Its Ability, Swarm or Guts, will change to Skill Link during Mega Evolution.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/V0g236v54OwPF1QlWzDG5kVtE5Cb7oHo

Puuh, Heracross is one of my favorite pokemon. Between missing out on the mega evolution stone for heracross and missing out on charizardite x, i'm kinda feeling some regret about getting y.

I went to Gamestop today to get the mega stones for Heracross and Pinsir that they are giving away. The goons there said they haven't received the codes yet, but they should sometime this week. Then the manager asked "You preordered the game, right?" To which I responded with a puzzled "Huh?" I told them everywhere I've read about this promotion said they were just free, with no mention of having to preorder. He pointed to a poster on the wall that says "Gamestop exclusive" next to the event. "Anytime an item is Gamestop exclusive, you have to preorder to get it" I told him I didn't think that was the case for this, but I'll check back later in the week. I mean every Pokemon related distribution they've done has always been free.

So I just googled it, and some stores are giving them out to anyone who asks, but some stores are telling people the same thing and requiring you to preorder the next game to get the "free" item. Here's the article from Nintendo about it.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/V0g236v54OwPF1QlWzDG5kVtE5Cb7oHo

It says you can ALSO preorder the new games when picking up the mega stones.

So now I'm probably going to have to make two preorders, and let them earn interest on my money, just to get these items. It's so stupid.

Hoping I can stop by tonight and grab a couple of the cards. (One for me and two for nephews.)

EDIT: Got them without any issues. No preorder necessary.

Just got gamestop's weekly ad in my email and it specifically says get megastone code and "no purchase required" while supplies last. So it doesn't look like you HAVE to preorder to get this code.

I snagged the last one at my local GS.  I'm going to tuck it into a birthday card for my son - he turns 7 in less than a week.  If anyone has an extra code I could use myself, I'd be grateful.

Ugh, I called up a gamestop and had them read me the code, but they either read it wrong or I wrote it down wrong, and when I tried to enter it didn't work. I tried changing letters and numbers to other letters/numbers that sounded similar (A or H to 8 and S to F, etc), and ran out of guesses. Went to a GS today and got an actual flier to use, but I'm still unable to enter a code. Hopefully that's like a week long and not so long that the promotion will be over before I can enter my code.

The promo isn't over till Sept 17th BUT it is only while supplies last so it's likely that codes will run out sooner although Nintendo could send out more codes.

Went to 4 GSs in San Diego and no luck... No one seemed to know if they were getting more so I'm assuming they won't. Anyone trading these?

bread's done
Back