Pokemon X and Y Announced!

Been very busy with school i have half or almost half of you added will work on adding the rest later today.

Edit - can anyone tell me my safari type ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some random dude in Japan challenged me to a battle and afterwards we added each other's Friend Codes. She had a Tyrogue. Nice.

Having problems getting Hitmontop, though. Previous Gens I just transferred the one I caught in Colosseum.

Some random dude in Japan challenged me to a battle and afterwards we added each other's Friend Codes. She had a Tyrogue. Nice.

Having problems getting Hitmontop, though. Previous Gens I just transferred the one I caught in Colosseum.
Use some vitamins to get its Atk > Def. It shouldn't cost you too much.

Just like every other Pokemon game, it's the former.

There is also a slight difference in storyline.
Thanks. Never played one of these games before but I've been on the fence for like a month. I'm thinking my son and I might enjoy playing together (and I want to get him reading and playing RPGs).

Got my Hitmontop. I have to say, its idle animation is hilarious. Looks like its dancing or ice skating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpCgqWiTGpo

I have had this view for a long while during the latter parts of the game, but facing these Battle Maison people just reconfirmed it.

I really fuck ing hate Swalot.

That Hitmantop video is pure gold.

Also, going through the spreadsheet and will be messaging everyone for A) awareness for those who may not be as active on the forum and B) to have more people add me as well to their 3DS. The more friend codes, the better. :D

Also added a Battle and Trade column a couple days ago for anybody who wishes to utilize it.

Already halfway to a perfect squirtle. Stupid female with the nature I wanted took forever to breed (in reality, took forever to pass it from the male to the female).
Yeah, that can take a while. Everstone helps, but even then it's rare to get a female squirtle.

I Decided to level up a clawitzer to get aura sphere first.

Got the PMs from people that added me. Haven't had time to add you guys back but I will tonight.  I was on vacation last week and wasn't playing very much. ;) 

Looks like I will be doing lots of adds tonight after work!

I did manage to find a pre-owned copy of X where the previous owner already beat it so looks like I will get a Xerneas and trade it and the other good pokemon as well as mega evolve stones over to my copy of Y before I start all over playing X :D

0688-5368-5202
My friend code I'm going to go through and add some people as I want to build my safari.

I have squirtles, bagons, tyrantiars, charmanders and a few froakies to trade as well. Pm me if you want something. I would like an Aaron, Sawk, pinsir and magikarp, tyrogue would be cool too

Neat little Easter egg I discovered. I played Pokemon Y as the female PC (not my fault the female PCs the past few games have better designs) and have just started X as the male PC. The rival Serena has the hairdo that I gave her in Y.

I have my team of 5-IV, EV trained mons now.

Trying to finish up the pokedex for the egg item from the professor.

If anyone has a Zygarde, Moltres and Articuno and don't mind trading it to me then getting it back, please let me know. I just want the pokedex entries.

I can tell out w/ certain breeding, hidden abilities and such.

I have my team of 5-IV, EV trained mons now.

Trying to finish up the pokedex for the egg item from the professor.

If anyone has a Zygarde, Moltres and Articuno and don't mind trading it to me then getting it back, please let me know. I just want the pokedex entries.

I can tell out w/ certain breeding, hidden abilities and such.
Zygarde is in X and Y in Terminus Cave you know that right?

Also if you want to battle let me know! I dont go hardcore on IVs as I am still confused as to having all 6 perfect and knowing they are perfect. I just go for "superior potential" in the 3 stats I see suit my needs. So I guess I have at least near perfect pokemon?

I don't want to touch the Zygarde/Mewtwo/Zapdos in my game. I'd have to soft reset it for a couple hours until I got one I liked. And considering I only want them for the pokedex entries... I'm just gonna go that route.

Taillow is a biiiiiiiiiitch to catch. WTF :/

Go on the GTS and search for Kadabra and Machoke. Many will trade for the same or other trade-to-evolve Pokemon.

For anyone that has friended me, just wondering what my Friend Safari is.  Feel free to quote me or just add it to the doc.

As for me game progression wise, as previously stated snagged a used copy of X over the weekend with the SOTW coupon.  The previous owner had all 8 badges but didn't have any progression past that.  So rather than waste all the good legendary Pokemon (plus he chose Fennekin as his starter so I can get Zapdos in that game), I decided to beat the game and get everything.  Just finished getting Zapdos this morning so I think I will be doing trades of pokemon over to my Y game and starting over with Chespin so I can get Articuno.  I chose Froakie in Y so I will get all 3 birds.  Got all the Mega Evo stones as well.  And I don't think the owner got their Torchic either. :)

I was not aware of the legendary bird situation. I was under the impression you could get all three, but apparently you can only get one and which one you get is dependent on your starter chosen?

I woould use gts but people give really dumb names

and their move selections are even worse

and yea u get 1 bird 

fennekin-zapados

froakie moltres 

and chespin- articuno

Anyone have a stud male or female squirtle?(or ditto) Got aura sphere and dragon pulse on mine but the IVs arent so good. Could use a perfect/near perfect 1 to breed with mine.

I spent about an hour in friend safari trying to get a HA Wartortle and didn't fine a single one. Not that HA matter considering it's replaced by the Mega Evolution's ability, but... yeah. I haven't started on my Squirtle breeding yet because of that. Sorry :(

Its cool. Found out about this rng trick on gamefaqs, checking my pokemon now to see if I have the right pokes to exploit it.

Besides blastoise, pretty much have my team set. Although I'd feel more comfortable if I had a pokemon that absolutely crushed Klefki.

My friend code is 1693-1659-5256.  The only pokemon I remember from my safarai is smeargle w/moody.  I have fletchinder w/gale wings and adamant honedge with 3 perfect ivs up for grabs.  Pm me if you add me. 

My friend code is 1693-1659-5256. The only pokemon I remember from my safarai is smeargle w/moody. I have fletchinder w/gale wings and adamant honedge with 3 perfect ivs up for grabs. Pm me if you add me.
Ill add you in a bit. Im interested in your honedge. What are you looking for?

Its cool. Found out about this rng trick on gamefaqs, checking my pokemon now to see if I have the right pokes to exploit it.

Besides blastoise, pretty much have my team set. Although I'd feel more comfortable if I had a pokemon that absolutely crushed Klefki.
Almost any fire-based Pokemon should do it. I think I destroyed that entire team in the Elite 4 with Blaziken.

Come to think of it, I think my Blaziken ripped almost everyone in the Elite 4 a new one.

Fire types as mentioned above should tear through it. Also, ground types will work as well. With Earthquake being as popular as it is, I'm sure you could probably find a spot for at least the move somewhere on your team.

Also, Xerenas has slowed down my progress tremendously. Trying to find one with a half decent nature and keep finding terrible ones. So I'm now hunting for an Abra / Ralts with Syncronize with either Modest or Timid. Can't seem to find either Pokemon to save my life at the moment.

Your best bet is to just catch a 2 Ralts and breed them with each other. Or just use GTS and trade for one/two. Their appearance rate in the wild is horrible, and hoping for one of the right nature is terrible.

I ended up with a box and a half of both Ralts and Ditto for breeding purposes -.-

Couldnt you use the Ralts given to you by Diantha to breed? If I remembered right that thing has the right nature and a couple perfect IVs

Yeah, Diantha's Ralts had a Modest nature (at least for me). Didn't test it for IVs, but either way that's post-game. Not an option at Xerneas :p

So I was breeding dratinis with crappy results. Parents had 6 IVs together but the most I could get passed down was 3, none in the stat I really wanted(Attack). After about dozen dratinis I was thinking "  fuck you, dratini", and almost immediately afterwards a shiny dratini hatches.

I love you, dratini.

need help evolving haunter and scyther, if i send you a trade please trade me back :). EDIT: thanks Railbog, that was fast. unfortunately i didn't have my metal coat on my scyther doh!

finally caught the dragonair with the right nature, after a ridiculously long grind.

bread's done
Back