Pokemon X and Y Announced!

I love the assholes on GTS saying 4/5IV Ditto (a lot of Japanese folks) for trade when it's fucking 2 IV. FML.

Oh well, just trading random Blastoises and what not for them. Just annoying getting trolled.

The size of the Pokemon on the battle screen is freaky. I thought Wailord was small, but Magby is freaking HUGE.

Added myself to the master list. I'll be adding everyone shortly and sending PM's to those who requested on the list. 1693-1290-6123 in case you didn't want to go back to the master list. Thanks!

Edit: Officially added everyone and sent PM's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll go buy some of that medicinal shampoo. Or acid. Acid might work.

Thanks DNukem! How do I get it so I have the third Pokemon like some people have?

While cafes giving GTS listings for Pokemon not in the game is nice, it doesn't do much good when nobody has said Pokemon yet...

This is my first Pokemon game.  Went with Y, and have been playing for about a week.  Really taking my time trying to figure things out.  I'm a bit over 8 hours in, and just in between the 1st and 2nd gyms still--just did the part where
you get the flute from the palace to wake the big sleeping Pokemon blocking the bridge.

I'm enjoying it so far, though I wish there was more story.  Mostly just spending time battling and trying to catch new Pokemon.  Haven't done a lot of the super training or Poke Aime stuff yet.  It's a little overwhelming at time with how much stuff there is to do and consider in making a team etc., but I think I'm starting to get a handle on most of it. :D

I haven't posted in quite a long time but I recently picked up Pokemon X and found out about the Friend Safari. On that note, I've added everyone on the list before today, will PM everyone who has that comment on the spreadsheet and have no idea what my Safari has. Oh yeah and my code is 0044-3935-6323.

Sadly, the story in X and Y is really lacking compared to the Unova games. It's rather comparable to the first 2 Gens. A large part of that was probably the amount of effort it took getting the game off the ground since they had to remake everything, but with the by far the bloodiest backstory in any Pokemon game, it's a shame more wasn't done with it.

If you're looking for a compelling story in a Pokemon game, you're just gonna be let down. It isn't really what the game is about.

Man, Wonder trading has dried up for me. It's just a sea of Pikachus, Bunnelbys, common bugs and so forth. I did manage to get a Gligar and a Spheal which I didn't have, so that is nice.

oh no, i have a chansey. i want someone with a chansey in their friend safari for I can get some lucky eggs since I accidentally traded my only one. thank you though ^-^

If you're looking for a compelling story in a Pokemon game, you're just gonna be let down. It isn't really what the game is about.
Oh of course. I wasn't expecting a compelling story. But so far there's less story than a Mario game. :D I have little sense of the purpose of anything, or even where I'm supposed to be going for sure currently (still in between the first and second gym). I just waste time catching Pokemon and fighting every trainer I come across. I'm destroying everything currently as my team is all like levels 24-27 and everything I'm encountering is in the low teens.

Still a super fun game. Doubt I'll get the mileage about of it that a lot of you are though since I don't care about battling online, catching every pokemon, breeding perfect ones etc. I'll just wander around catching pokemon until I finish all the single player story stuff and move on.

Well, once you beat the game, a pretty nice story-driven mission called "The Looker Bureau" opens up. I'd play that before quitting the game because it is pretty awesome. I don't think it takes all that long either.

got a ditto and some starter pokemon via wonder trade, still hoping for a bulbasaur. how do i find out my safari pokemon? im about to beat the game.

Someone else has to tell you. You can't check your own safari. Also found out you can't get pokemon with their hidden abilities until their 3rd pokemon unlocks.

I need to trade off some of these babies I have. All my boxes are full. If anybody wants protean froakies, huge power marrills, or magician fennekins let me know.

Well, once you beat the game, a pretty nice story-driven mission called "The Looker Bureau" opens up. I'd play that before quitting the game because it is pretty awesome. I don't think it takes all that long either.
Thanks for the tip. I definitely want to do all the single player stuff. I just won't obsess with catching them all, breeding etc., and won't play the MP battle stuff.

I am actually looking for some stone evolution Pokemon. If you have a Clefable, Wigglytuff, or a Jolteon, hit me up.

Just beat X so I added my info to the spreadsheet:

Crono139 (Crono): 4399-0015-2236

Just PM me or quote this post so that I can add you back. Thanks.

Sure. I've got a spare Vullaby, Rufflet, Duskull, Taillow, and Sunkern. I have a ton of other Pokemon I can breed a new one if you want.

Added you. I'm on the Spreadsheet.

A random person wanted to trade and gave me a level 1 Deino and Wooper. I like nice people.

Posted this on Shitfaqs and of course no one replied and it got buried, thought I'd post it here, at least as a warning if not anything else...

Pokemon Y froze my entire system when I pressed the Home button.  I'm only connected via StreetPass, not fully online Internet at the moment [when I posted this, I was at work, at home I have no problems connecting to the Internet], only so I can use the PSS for O-Powers and such. This is the second time the game has fully froze when I have tried to go to the Home menu today. I have Pokemon Y and it's the retail version. The music doesn't freeze, but otherwise the entire system freezes at my current point in the game. Doesn't go to the Home menu, won't let me turn off Wifi, no buttons work at all. Even doing a hard shutdown of the whole system is wonky. I have to hold the power button down for a few seconds, then it shuts off the screen, but not the blue "on" light or the wifi light until several seconds after that. Anyone else had this problem? This seems like a terrible glitch and it's really inexcusable. Thinking of not playing anymore; good thing I already beat the E4.

Did Nintendo QA this game AT ALL before shipping it?  Between the Lumiose City glitch and other bugs like this, I'm thinking they rushed to ship the game so they could meet the worldwide date, as glitches like these would have EASILY been caught in any QA environment.  What a joke.

I have not had any problems going to the HOME menu.

And Pokemon games have always been glitchy. Couple that with GameFreak's storied trouble developing on new systems and it's not surprising.

I haven't played since Yellow so I wasn't aware that the games have continued to be glitchy as hell.  At least RB had fun glitches like Missingno.  This is just annoying and disgraceful.

I've never had a problem going to the Home menu and I go there probably about 20 times or so in one session.
Have you tried this when you've only been in Streetpass mode with the wifi switch on, not with wifi off or on the Internet? I'm pretty sure that's what's causing it for some reason. I haven't had any issues with online totally off or with Internet on.

Really? The game froze the entire system when pressing the home menu? I've done that numerous times even with the Wifi on. The only problem I had with this game so far was that the game slows down like nuts during horde battles.

Yes, the entire system.  I've never seen ANYTHING like it on a handheld before.  At first I was afraid it wouldn't shut off at all, but it finally did after many seconds of sweat-on-my-brow waiting.  I honestly thought the 3DS bricked at first.

I'm on an XL btw.  Might have something to do with it but probably not.

Have you tried this when you've only been in Streetpass mode with the wifi switch on, not with wifi off or on the Internet? I'm pretty sure that's what's causing it for some reason. I haven't had any issues with online totally off or with Internet on.
If that was the case, it'd glitch out for me every day at work. I never turn my wifi switch off, and I'm in Streetpass mode at work since if you gave me internet access there, I'd probably be doing far worse than playing Pokemon.

If that was the case, it'd glitch out for me every day at work. I never turn my wifi switch off, and I'm in Streetpass mode at work since if you gave me internet access there, I'd probably be doing far worse than playing Pokemon.
Damn, then wtf? That's so weird. I wonder if it's only my copy/certain copies. I'm done with this game though; I'm afraid it might brick my 3DS for real if something goes wrong again. I did get a good 50 hours out of it and did beat the Elite 4 so it's not a total loss.

Really? The game froze the entire system when pressing the home menu? I've done that numerous times even with the Wifi on. The only problem I had with this game so far was that the game slows down like nuts during horde battles.
horde battles are so stupid. the game can barely handle 1v1.

I just run from horde battles now. The design of "I take 1 turn they take 5" is just completely unbalanced, even if they are a much lower level (which coincidentally is the same reason they're not worth it, not enough XP for how much effort they are).

Just use Surf or Earthquake on them. Kills them in one hit. Hyper Voice too if you have a Pyroar.

And individually it's not much, but added together Horde Battles get more EXP than any regular battle.

Lucky Egg + traded Pokemon = a shit ton of EXP from Horde Battles. I love em. 

And like DNukem said, use Surf or Earthquake. Or other AoE moves like Discharge and Petal Blizzard. You could always run, too. 

I hope that whatever 3rd game we get has Trainer Horde Battles (probably vs Team Flare or whoever the bad guys are) considering how often the manga and anime does that all the time.

And I just realized, how in the hell do they have Horde Battles and NOT have a Beedrill Horde Battle?

@ Dead of Knight, I've had kinda the same freeze glitch once or twice. It happened after I traded pokemon with my friend, blank screen but the music was still playing and it took a little bit to power off. Everything was fine afterwards, but yea it was sketchy.

I have not had Seviper/Zangoose (BTW, true to their natures, they will attack each other) but I have had some mixed Hordes elsewhere like the Treveant/Sudowoodo one.

bread's done
Back