Pokken Tournment $40 GameStop (PM anywhere)

Legendarytjf

CAGiversary!
Browsing Reddit today I found this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4azqc7/pokken_tourney_for_3999/

GameStop had a misprint in their flyer for Pokken Tournament $39.99.  It's a Spring Deals flyer and not a weekly ad.  It's viewable on their site, but they fixed the pricing.  I found a physical copy of the flyer in store and asked if I could have it, then took it to Target for the PM.

If you're interested in the cards or 3DS Pokemon games, Target is also doing b2g1 on all Pokemon cards and 3DS games until tomorrow (when they are also handing out free things for a limited time.)

If you can't get a hold of a physical flyer, here's a pic you can try:

http://imgur.com/L1L3Qbq

Thanks to /u/nellymac87 on Reddit

So I picked this up and was able to price match at Bestbuy. I haven't opened yet. I heard that there was no DLC coming for it. Is it true?
Nintendo hasn't announced any plans for it. Given how many corners have been cut (including having the English dub done in Japan), there will likely be no DLC unless it sells like gangbusters.

I actually managed to get my GS to match the price for me. Apparently, I was the first to ask about it.

Probably still not worth the price, but hey, deals, right?

Kind of interesting that Gamestop fucks up a price in their ad and their competitors end up paying for it.
Just shows some of the morals people have around here, most people that picked it up in this thread have GCU, is $8 really worth being a dueche? Apparently so...

Well I guess when your on a site titled Cheapassgamer you should expect to run into some cheap ass gamers,  :-({|= Yeah I saved my cheap ass $8. Thanks OP! 

Just shows some of the morals people have around here, most people that picked it up in this thread have GCU, is $8 really worth being a dueche? Apparently so...
Sorry I couldn't give anymore of my hard earned money to the multi billion dollar company. I mean they could always use more right? Nintendo gets a sale, doesn't affect BB much since they still make a killing with their other items, you get a game for cheap. Don't see the big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't PM AND use GCU.
Pretty much, the system would be broken otherwise lol

also real talk, the game wouldn't have gone down to $40 until God knows when. People should know by now that Nintendo rarely lowers their game prices unless the game tanked hard. I don't really see an issue, people need money for other things.

Pretty much, the system would be broken otherwise lol

also real talk, the game wouldn't have gone down to $40 until God knows when. People should know by now that Nintendo rarely lowers their game prices unless the game tanked hard. I don't really see an issue, people need money for other things.
I'm still waiting for Captain Toad Treasure Tracker to go on sale at BB 😡

I just got shoot down at a Walmart.  They  said I can't use ads from the internet at Walmart only price match Walmart.com and Amazon.com.

which is a lie in actuality.  i would have tried another associate.  i had that issue with something once, at Best Buy and at walmart.  i came back a little later in the day and asked and i was told the associate was making a judgement call and was, in essence, lying to me.

a cashier at best buy told me they dont price match manufacturers ( sony store was closing out, 32g vita memory card from to 40 from 80)  i called shortly after leaving and spoke to someone, and they said they are able to match the person who makes it, came back later, got my price match, and left happily.

i would try again with someone else.

which is a lie in actuality. i would have tried another associate. i had that issue with something once, at Best Buy and at walmart. i came back a little later in the day and asked and i was told the associate was making a judgement call and was, in essence, lying to me.

a cashier at best buy told me they dont price match manufacturers ( sony store was closing out, 32g vita memory card from to 40 from 80) i called shortly after leaving and spoke to someone, and they said they are able to match the person who makes it, came back later, got my price match, and left happily.

i would try again with someone else.
True, fact is Walmart does not price match Walmart.com unless recently changed

they do depending on who you get.  i think there was an external hard drive and they denied me.    another time, i asked about a single skylander (all hail Drobot!!) that was half the price, like 6$ and they held the item in their hands for a second and were like "well, screw it, its just a toy" and let me ad match it.

it totally depends on who you get and what their mood is.  its a gamble every time.

I was just able to price match at BB. in East Orlando.

I need to stop visiting this site. I was not planning on adding this game to my backlog, but I cannot pass up a great deal. LOL

Browsing Reddit today I found this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4azqc7/pokken_tourney_for_3999/

GameStop had a misprint in their flyer for Pokken Tournament $39.99. It's a Spring Deals flyer and not a weekly ad. It's viewable on their site, but they fixed the pricing. I found a physical copy of the flyer in store and asked if I could have it, then took it to Target for the PM.

If you're interested in the cards or 3DS Pokemon games, Target is also doing b2g1 on all Pokemon cards and 3DS games until tomorrow (when they are also handing out free things for a limited time.)

If you can't get a hold of a physical flyer, here's a pic you can try:

http://imgur.com/L1L3Qbq

Thanks to /u/nellymac87 on Reddit

I finally cracked and got it. That imgur pic worked at bestbuy and they price matched it for me. I was going to hold out and see if it got cheaper but I want all the first party developed and published wii u games.

Just had to stand around the registers and wait for the line at one register to clear up because an older woman at the other register is a ballbuster for the rules. Ive had her google map a store I tried to PM once to see if they had one within 25 miles and she shot me down because it was like 29 miles away.

I finally cracked and got it. That imgur pic worked at bestbuy and they price matched it for me. I was going to hold out and see if it got cheaper but I want all the first party developed and published wii u games.

Just had to stand around the registers and wait for the line at one register to clear up because an older woman at the other register is a ballbuster for the rules. Ive had her google map a store I tried to PM once to see if they had one within 25 miles and she shot me down because it was like 29 miles away.
:hot: :hot: :hot:

whoa, if that were the case and she was a regular associate (not one of the +1 staff) id pitch a fit. my best buy has been SUPER awesome with price matches and usually let anything go, minus the one time on the vita memory card, but i came back later after a phone call and got that straightened out.

i live in NH, and there isnt a single Fry's Electronics at all, its all the way across the united states, and theyve allowed a price match to them.

and now i have a couple of friends who work at my local best buy and they almost always overlook and allow stuff for me, like price matching + adding my gamerclub discount, but i have to usually find the amount after both if i want it, i just round up to the nearest dollar and they punch it in for me.

back in december when there was that goof up with Kmarts website, they almost, ALMOST allowed me to price match them, but i guess they got wind of it, and they thought i had a screenshot on my phone, when i opened the still working link, they were like "alright, well lets give it a shot" and since it was a slightly different bundle they didnt allow it, but the manager said "if it was the right bundle, id let you walk out of here with it for that price" (i think it was 25 for the 360 holiday bundle)

I'm still waiting for Captain Toad Treasure Tracker to go on sale at BB
It won't, it did pretty well. Same with Mario Party 10 apparently. I've been seeing the game drop at local Best Buys so I'd be worried if I were you.

Compare with Kirby Rainbow Curse though, for reference. Tanked relatively bad (personally thought it was pretty bad myself) and it's been dropping

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to price match at Best Buy, luckily I am good friends with one of the associates otherwise I would have waited for another one. He had to avoid the transaction four times so I can get my points, and each time I kept thinking something would come up where he couldn't price match. Either way for $40 its not a bad game, I would have felt ripped off paying $60 for a bare bones game, then again I only managed to play a few hours.

bread's done
Back