Poll - How has PSN outage affected your game purchases?

It hasn't changed anything at all since there are hardly any sales I will bite for at this moment. Not amazon. Its been like this for a while. At least my wallet is safe... for now.

It doesn't have a "It hasn't yet, but it probably will because there is zero chance I'll be putting a credit card back into the account. That means I will have to depend on points cards, which means I probably won't make impulse purchases and will probably miss out on some sales or deals"

I haven't yet decided if it will cause any 360 vs. PS3 decisions, since I'll be going to points cards for both of them. There won't be any (in)convenience advantage. Since they tend to have sales on things at different times, it will probably boil down to if it's on sale and which points I have.

Hasn't affected purchases for physical media and won't.

It hasn't really.

I was sort of considering Socom 4, but now I'll hold off probably. I was never really set on getting it anyways.

I haven't bought any games since Portal 2, but I won't be buying anything for my 360 any time soon.

My next purchases are L.A. Noire and Infamous 2 which will both be PS3 purchases. I never play online multiplayer, but I sure as hell miss PSN. I love watching my trophy level go up, and the first thing I do when I turn on my playstation is see what my friends are playing. I hope it comes back soon :(

I'm not opposed to 360 or anything, but I just don't have any games to purchase over there. I was considering purchasing outland on XBLA, but since I don't have a gold account, co-op would be useless, so I may as well just go through my ps3 backlog and wait to buy it on PSN.

Edit: I'm thinking about purchasing minecraft, which would be my first PC game in years. I guess that is a little bit of an effect?

It hasn't and it won't. There's so much overreaction to PSN being down that it's approaching being absurd. Boo hoo, Sony's online system went down and you can't play for two weeks. Go do something else or play some other game.

People who say "I'm going to sell my PS3 and only buy 360 games from now on" crack me up the most. Get real. If you feel that strongly about a FREE service being down for two weeks you really should reevaluate what your priorities in life are.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It hasn't and it won't. There's so much overreaction to PSN being down that it's approaching being absurd. Boo hoo, Sony's online system went down and you can't play for two weeks. Go do something else or play some other game.

People who say "I'm going to sell my PS3 and only buy 360 games from now on" crack me up the most. Get real. If you feel that strongly about a FREE service being down for two weeks you really should reevaluate what your priorities in life are.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Not to mention that they'll miss out on some great PS3 games later this year (Infamous 2, Uncharted 3, Catherine, Resistance 3, possibly twisted metal and the last guardian?).

This is not to say that I'm not angry or upset, because I am, but people are blowing this up. This is the internet of course.

[quote name='jacobeid']Agreed. Not to mention that they'll miss out on some great PS3 games later this year (Infamous 2, Uncharted 3, Catherine, Resistance 3, possibly twisted metal and the last guardian?).

This is not to say that I'm not angry or upset, because I am, but people are blowing this up. This is the internet of course.[/QUOTE]

Nah, Last Guarding isn't 'till 2012.

I answered "It hasn't." since all it's done is moved me to my Wii backlog. I haven't actually felt any good deals so far. Now, if the PSN had gone down 1 week earlier, I would have answered "I won't buy any 'till it comes back up" since Portal 2 would have not yet been released.

Well I bought socom when I was planning on getting rid of my ps3, since the price was too good to pass up. So I guess I'm making more purchases due to it

[quote name='Maklershed']It does have an "it hasn't" .. its the first choice. My apologies if I'm misunderstanding you.[/QUOTE]

What I meant that when combined with the other choices (more on 360) it feels like it's assuming people own both systems. Maybe an "N/A - I only have PS3" option is more what I meant.

Perhaps I'm just splitting hairs ;)

The only thing the PSN being down has changed in my purchase habits was that I can't pick up a few titles off the PSN store that I was going to pick up prior to it going dark. Sorcerer's Lair table, Arcana Heart 3, most notable on my list.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Nah, Last Guarding isn't 'till 2012.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I forgot that it was officially delayed a few weeks back. We all anticipated it though. With Mass Effect being pushed to Q1 2012, we might be lucky to see it by next summer :). Oh and FFXIII Versus in 2017.

No changes. I have been gaming a tad less, but that's more so because I've been busy. I'm more of a single player gamer, but I do love to synch up my trophies.

I only buy the must-have AAA PS3 exclusives, which means I have 4 or 5 Playstation 3 games.

Unaffected.

Well, aside from my personal information being stolen.

I've shelved my plans to buy the PS3 port of ME2. I'll just rebuy it on 360 if I decide to run through it again.

When I went to redeem my $60 in Kmart gaming coupons for buying PS3 MK and PS3 Portal 2, I used it to buy 4000 MSP and a Wii game. If PSN hadn't been down, I still would've bought the Wii game (Fire Emblem) but I would've bought PSN money.

I just got a $25 GS giftcard for filling out surveys online. I'm not sure what I'll buy with it later today, but I'll certainly be browsing the 360 section first.

Oh, and I get to call my bank frequently to make sure that no one is buying a shit ton of stuff with my stolen personal information.

I bought the 360 version of Vanquish over the PS3 version. I guess that counts. But it won't affect me when PSN comes back up.

I don't buy much from the Playstation Store as it is. I think I have all of $.14 on my account and with no PSN card sales(either via coupon discount or just a straight sale) in the forseeable future I don't see myself buying anything from the store.

As for regular game purchases, I'm fairly set on titles to play for right now and I don't see myself buying another game until I Am Alive possibly comes out in 2012.

And before anyone says 'omg you're not getting Duke Nukem, LA Noire, et. al'. No. I am not. I'm not into the linear type games and most FPS' suck balls imo. The only way I'll pick up any of the newer 'gotta have' titles is if I can flip some games to get them cheaper and/or price drops.:razz:

No it hasn't...i just purchased MK, amazon took their sweet time to ship it so i'm still waitin...i'm upset and disapointed but buyin a 360 is absurd...i chose ps3 over 360 because i've always been a ps gamer...

Nope, just bought the PS3 version of Mirror's Edge and Burnout Paradise. I also preordered the PS3 version of Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon.

I'm actually considering Demon Souls, but fear my lack of patience may hamper me from enjoying the game.

I actually raced out to buy Portal 2, which I probably would have waited a bit longer on if PSN was functional. I had just bought SOCOM 4 and would have likely been occupied by that long enough to hold off. The $40 deal made it hard to resist, PSN or not.

I mean it hasn't directly effected what I buy, but it has been kind of a hassle since certain games I own require PSN for DLC, like ME2 for the PS3. I ended up just starting ME2 anyways and just going with the default decisions, and I guess maybe I'll do a second playthrough with the choices I really want.

I ended up getting NBA Jam for the PS3 as well since I wanted a basketball game to play (even though I don't really know the full rules of basketball... but that makes Jam the perfect game for me, haha ;)). Probably helps that I don't really plan on playing that game online too much, so just screwing around with the CPU is plenty fun.

The biggest issue with PSN being down for me though has been the fact I own all my fighting games on it, and so I haven't been able to play those with friends in a while. I really wanted to play Arcana Heart 3 with a friend, which came out right before the PSN went down, and so I still haven't been able to play that.

I also promised to play Portal 2 co-op with one of my best friends but we both have to wait until the PSN is back to play it since neither of us were able to link the game to our Steam accounts before the PSN went down.

So I guess it is effecting what I'm playing and not playing more than what I'm buying.

Probably would have gotten the new Motorstorm.. but that can wait. The last one went on sale for $40 relatively soon after release. DNF *WILL* be mine day one though.

bread's done
Back