POLL: If you had to have one arcade machine...any single one..which would it be?

sarausagi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Okay, so here's another poll..if you had to have ANY single arcade machine..which would it be? Only ten options in the poll so feel free to post a little if it is not on there...

Remember, you can only have ONE, and ONE only

Dance Freaks aka Dance Maniax, most likely version 1 since I'm not familiar with 2 (or any others if there are indeed others besides 1 and 2).

Absolutely no question.

Being that there is no poll choice, I forge ahead, bloody wake behind me.

[quote name='Strell']Dance Freaks aka Dance Maniax, most likely version 1 since I'm not familiar with 2 (or any others if there are indeed others besides 1 and 2).

Absolutely no question.

Being that there is no poll choice, I forge ahead, bloody wake behind me.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know you played Dance Freaks..there's only two versions and two revisions of each....some versions of 2 have all the songs from one....I'm pretty good at it...it's very easy to pick up though very tiring.........

Anyways, what's your favorite song in DM1?

By the way, my dream arcade machine is a 3rd Mix Korean version 2 DDR upgraded to a 4th mix plus then to a 5th mix unlocked..that way it has every single song from 1st to 5th mix!

That or a Max upgraded to Max2 upgraded to Extreme, so it has every song from Max 1 to Extreme..anyways..both mixes would have hundreds of songs

My runner up is a dedicated Virtua Fighter cabinet or a Soul Calibur 3 machine..

And I am very sorry to fans of shooters [Time Crisis, House of the Dead, Virtua Cop] or racers [Daytona, Rush, FZero] and EXTREMELY sorry to fans of the VS series games [Marvel, SNK, X-men]

If you like another Bemani, just vote for DDR...unless you are a Mambo a Go Go fan....then you need to go learn how to play percussion freaks.

[quote name='sarausagi']3rd Mix Korean version 2 DDR upgraded to a 4th mix plus then to a 5th mix unlocked..that way it has every single song from 1st to 5th mix![/quote]
That.

Except I want modifiers.

[quote name='sarausagi']I didn't know you played Dance Freaks..there's only two versions and two revisions of each....some versions of 2 have all the songs from one....I'm pretty good at it...it's very easy to pick up though very tiring.........

Anyways, what's your favorite song in DM1?[/QUOTE]

I played it ages ago back when my mall still had an arcade, but there was a summer where I would go there and play for about 1-2 hours at a time, probably 3-4 times a week if I could manage.

I went on vacation once to California and found v2 at an arcade there, but didn't get much of a chance to play it. All I remember is that it forced you to pick three songs at once rather than each song as you wanted, and I liked to play a variety of slow/fast/hard/easy stuff, so I didn't like being locked in.

There was another arcade about 1.5 hours from here (in Austin) that had v1 for a while, but I don't know if they had it the last time I checked. As it is, it's probably been a few years since I've played it.

I don't remember the exact titles of the songs I really liked. Heaven is a 57' Metallic Gray was fun. There was one that I think was "Let's get down tonight" that was always immensly entertaining. My Sharona was fun.

Some of the harder songs I found boring because the song itself sucked, but there were a few that were great.

I'm checking the wiki for titles and I'm still not sure which was which, but I can "hear" the majority of them when I read the song list.

Incredible game. I used to do the double play option all the time.

Classic - specifically, a Mrs. Pac-Man cocktail machine.

Runner-up would be Golden Axe, since I think I've dropped enough quarters in that one in my youth to nearly buy one anyway. ;) I also wouldn't mind a Street Fighter 2 - probably Turbo.

[quote name='sarausagi']By the way, my dream arcade machine is a 3rd Mix Korean version 2 DDR upgraded to a 4th mix plus then to a 5th mix unlocked..that way it has every single song from 1st to 5th mix!

That or a Max upgraded to Max2 upgraded to Extreme, so it has every song from Max 1 to Extreme..anyways..both mixes would have hundreds of songs

My runner up is a dedicated Virtua Fighter cabinet or a Soul Calibur 3 machine..[/QUOTE]

I was going to say 3rd Mix Korean 2 but since you said 1 game only, I figured 4th Plus is the better choice but if you can have a machine with more than 1 version than I would definetly pick that. I hate that the Korean songs were never released on a console game and with the fact anything other than Extreme and Supernova are non existant, I haven't played a 3rd Mix Korean 2 in a little over 4 years.

cG.I._Joe.jpg

There's an older baseball pinball game made by Williams in the 50's. It has different names but its not to hard to find and goes for about $800 on ebay.

I would own that.

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~jweiss/upperdeck/

The concept is the same as the one above. Except the one I 'm talking about has very little electronics. Its in a very small plain wood cabinet, its chest high at its tallest. It also has just one metal lever to throw pitches, and another one to hit the ball.

My vote would go to this:

gundam-pod.jpg

It's a Gundam FPS and boy is it a blast to play. If I could have it hooked up to play people online like it is in Japan, I would have no social life.

So I uh... already have Street Fighter II: World Warrior, Tekken Tag Tournament, and Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection machines... sooo...

I want a Tekken 6 machine when it comes out. :)

big 6-player X-men cabinet fo' sho'!

Although something like House of the Dead would be awfully nice, too. Any of those light gun classics from the last 8 years or so (HotD, Time Crisis, etc)

I already have a NeoGeo cab with King of Fighters 2003, Fatal Fury Real Bout, Samurai Showdown and World Heroes 2 Jet, so my second choice would probably be a DDR machine (4th Mix +).

I have a hard time picking between DDR & Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, but I think that I'd go for DDR since SF3:3s is more or less perfectly recreated with a couple decent arcade sticks and a ps2.

[quote name='jimfoley16']I already have a NeoGeo cab with King of Fighters 2003, Fatal Fury Real Bout, Samurai Showdown and World Heroes 2 Jet, so my second choice would probably be a DDR machine (4th Mix +).

I have a hard time picking between DDR & Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, but I think that I'd go for DDR since SF3:3s is more or less perfectly recreated with a couple decent arcade sticks and a ps2.[/QUOTE]

How much did the Neo Geo cabinet cost you? Sounds like a pretty good mix of game..I'm guessing it cost you some where around $1000?

I'd want an Addams Family pinball machine. I can usually get excellent home console versions of arcade video games, but nothing can replace a real pinball machine.

DDR would be nice but I'd go with a beatmania IIDX machine, would beat the hell out of going all the way down to Los Angeles just to get an arcade experience, plus the cabinet itself looks pretty cool :lol:

[quote name='JDUB X']Mario Kart Arcade![/quote]

Agreed.

Polls without an "other" option for the lose.

super puzzle figher, no doubt. even though i have home versions on 3 systems, id want the arcade since its my favorite puzzle game of all time. i actually had a chance to get one about 6 months ago, but i just couldnt afford it at the time.

"Multiplayer arcade game" those are the type of arcade games that I have fond memories of playing when I younger. More specifically, the TMNT and Simpson arcade games. I always enjoyed playing Toobin' in the arcade as well.

bread's done
Back