(Poll) What was your controller of choice for the Classic NES?

Wow, I had never heard of the Dogbone, the only time I had a top loader was for about 7 days. Bought one at a Pawn shop for $15 and sold it on ebay for $100 a long time ago.

Has anyone else ordered the wireless NES controllers that Messiah is coming out with? I strongly believe that they're going to put the dogbone to shame.
Back on topic, the Max was the controller of choice back in the day. The thumbpad totally eliminated soreness, the wide-U PlayStation-like pad design was comfortable to hold, and you had the turbo buttons right where you needed them. I owned two Max controllers, and never touched my ol' blocky ever again.

I've always used the original style. I had some wireless Akklaim pads that I used occasionaly. I just recently got my first advantages and a dogbone.

And I've never seen anything on those Messiah's. I may PO them.

The original for me! I don't think I ever had anything else but those. I remember I put sticker overlays on both my pads from an issue of Nintendo Power back in the day. They were/are pretty dumb looking, but I think I did it to make it easy to tell which was controller 1 and which was controller 2.

When I bought my NES, I bought it right after it came out, so I got the original controllers. After years of use, the system died, and I sent it to Nintendo. They gave me a new system, cleaned my games, and replaced my original controllers with dogbones!

For arcade-style games (shoot-em-ups, etc.), usually NES Advantage.

For Mega Man, always the NES Max.

But I love the dogbone =) That was the controller of choice for puzzle games!

~yyr

I used the MAX for everything but Tetris. That controller was a lifesaver for my thumbs. I still use it when I pull the NES out.

[quote name='wubb']I remember I put sticker overlays on both my pads from an issue of Nintendo Power back in the day. They were/are pretty dumb looking, but I think I did it to make it easy to tell which was controller 1 and which was controller 2.[/quote]
I did the exact same thing, and they were incredibly dumb looking. :lol:
In fact, I later tried to peel them off, but failed miserably. It was a disaster, leaving sticky residue all over the controller. I ended up throwing it out. Damn you, Nintendo Power! :p

[quote name='Javil']Has anyone else ordered the wireless NES controllers that Messiah is coming out with? I strongly believe that they're going to put the dogbone to shame.
Back on topic, the Max was the controller of choice back in the day. The thumbpad totally eliminated soreness, the wide-U PlayStation-like pad design was comfortable to hold, and you had the turbo buttons right where you needed them. I owned two Max controllers, and never touched my ol' blocky ever again.[/quote]

Wow those wireless pads look shaq fu'ing cool! The max was the controller of choice for me also.

bread's done
Back