Portable Famicom available at Lik-Sang

Grave_Addiction

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
0883446245622191.JPG

Available for just eighty bucks, you can relive your ‘80s videogame nostalgia with the Gametech Pocket Famicom (it can play NES games with an adapter), which surpisingly does not look like a lame third-party attempt at a handheld, though we’re not quite sure of the legality of being able to play Famicom games seeing as how this isn’t produced by Nintendo. It comes with an video cable to connect to your TV, a headphone jack, and runs on 3 AA batteries.

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3566?lsaid=262377

-joystiq.com

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']
0883446245622191.JPG

Available for just eighty bucks, you can relive your ‘80s videogame nostalgia with the Gametech Pocket Famicom (it can play NES games with an adapter), which surpisingly does not look like a lame third-party attempt at a handheld, though we’re not quite sure of the legality of being able to play Famicom games seeing as how this isn’t produced by Nintendo. It comes with an video cable to connect to your TV, a headphone jack, and runs on 3 AA batteries.

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3566?lsaid=262377

-joystiq.com[/quote]

Those have been around for a while... If I'm not mistaken, they even have an N64 version too.

My question is what are the differences between the Famicom and NES carts.

It might be a cool item to add to a collection if it would also play NES games.

NES carts are about twice the height and I think they have a slightly different slot shape, with the converter I dont know how it would look but I suspect it;d be HEWG.

[quote name='DenisDFat']gameaxes have been around forever[/quote]
Yeah, but the game axe was ugly as hell... this is a better design

gawithnes.JPG

It is pretty ugly, but I do think the screen is larger... of course using 6 AA batteries?it damn well better be.

I'll stick to my GP32 thanks

Anyone got one of those Time Machine thingies? I'd like to get one (and an adapter for the NES carts) from Ebay or Lik-Sang, but I'd like to hear opinions from anyone who might have one already.
Is is too big? Is it hard to hold/heavy? Its hard to tell from looking at the pics online...
Also, how's the resolution - like any regular GBA game?
Any input/opinions would be appreciated!

[quote name='beerguy961'][quote name='organicow']Anyone got one of those Time Machine thingies?[/quote]

Yeah, but I don't have the crystals yet...[/quote]

:cool: Thanks, wiseass. seriously, anyone got one (not of the delorean variety)?

[quote name='organicow']Anyone got one of those Time Machine thingies? I'd like to get one (and an adapter for the NES carts) from Ebay or Lik-Sang, but I'd like to hear opinions from anyone who might have one already.
Is is too big? Is it hard to hold/heavy? Its hard to tell from looking at the pics online...
Any input/opinions would be appreciated![/quote]

alright, since none of you dingleberries seem to have one - I just ordered one. I'll report back on the quality if anyone gives 2 shits. :wink:

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='organicow']Anyone got one of those Time Machine thingies? I'd like to get one (and an adapter for the NES carts) from Ebay or Lik-Sang, but I'd like to hear opinions from anyone who might have one already.

alright, since none of you dingleberries seem to have one - I just ordered one. I'll report back on the quality if anyone gives 2 shits. :wink:[/quote]

I give one and a half, does that count?

[quote name='levi333'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='organicow']Anyone got one of those Time Machine thingies? I'd like to get one (and an adapter for the NES carts) from Ebay or Lik-Sang, but I'd like to hear opinions from anyone who might have one already.

alright, since none of you dingleberries seem to have one - I just ordered one. I'll report back on the quality if anyone gives 2 shits. :wink:[/quote]

I give one and a half, does that count?[/quote]

well, I'm sure we can find someone who gives half a shit - then we'll be GOLDEN!! :D

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='beerguy961'][quote name='organicow']Anyone got one of those Time Machine thingies?[/quote]

Yeah, but I don't have the crystals yet...[/quote]

:cool: Thanks, wiseass. seriously, anyone got one (not of the delorean variety)?[/quote]

I don't have that Portable Famicom player...looks cool though.

I also don't have that sweet time travelling telephone booth. It's with my buds Bill & Ted. They must be in Britain with that crappy booth.
Whoa.

bread's done
Back