Portal 2 $39.99/$29.99, Shift 2 Unleashed $49.99 @ BBY

Animekatt

CAGiversary!
BB changed the list of games from the Easter Sale to what we have today. Less games and accessories on the list overall.

As always, if the price is higher instore, you can price match the web price if it doesn't have the "Online Only" wording.

List of games and items in the sale

Highlights:
:360::ps3: $39.99 Portal 2

:pc: $29.99 Portal 2

:360::ps3: $49.99 Mortal Kombat + Free $10 gift card

:360: $14.99 3 month XBL Gold

:360: $138.99 Xbox Kinect

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude. I love you. I bought two Fling Smash's at TRU when they had the B1G1 free, but needed one more Motion Plus controller for cheap. Perfect.

AND, I passed on Kirby's Epic Yarn for $29.99 on Amazon and was kind of pissed I did. But alas, $19.99!!

YES.

Awww damn. I was planning on doing some trade-ins today and using the credit for these purchases would have been wonderful. Ah well.

Sad how people stocked up....its BS how people bought as many as they could so they would resell...I just wanted one.......I slept on it but its really sad..... :cry:

[quote name='R0tatioNz']Sad how people stocked up....its BS how people bought as many as they could so they would resell...I just wanted one.......I slept on it but its really sad..... :cry:[/QUOTE]

Resellers do suck I agree but if you had to sleep on a $6 purchase maybe it's better for you that they sold out.

[quote name='iwannadie']Resellers do suck I agree but if you had to sleep on a $6 purchase maybe it's better for you that they sold out.[/QUOTE]

It was because of an arguement I had that resulted in a basketball shootaround....I am praying that they restock before 12AM tomorrow.... :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

[quote name='R0tatioNz']Sad how people stocked up....its BS how people bought as many as they could so they would resell...I just wanted one.......I slept on it but its really sad..... :cry:[/QUOTE]
I got 3 of them. Cry me a river. Happy Easter.

[quote name='R0tatioNz']Eat a fuck- and not with resellers like you :booty:[/QUOTE]
;) Kirbys a good game too. And really I'd sell you one at cost as long as I actually get them and you want it that bad. Just let me know/PM me if you do.

I agree, resellers do suck, but you can't stop greed though. One of the things I always liked about CAG was that since we were a better community we wouldn't take more then we needed and leave some for other gamers. So even though are resellers grab more they usually don't grab too any as excess and sometimes are willing to help out those who missed out.

[quote name='omyard']I agree, resellers do suck, but you can't stop greed though. One of the things I always liked about CAG was that since we were a better community we wouldn't take more then we needed and leave some for other gamers. So even though are resellers grab more they usually don't grab too any as excess and sometimes are willing to help out those who missed out.[/QUOTE]

I did too but of course there are a bunch of rotten apples in the Trading Thread.:drool:

[quote name='omyard']One of the things I always liked about CAG was that since we were a better community we wouldn't take more then we needed and leave some for other gamers. [/QUOTE]

I think some people didn't get the memo on this :p

Metroid: Other M for $14.99 is not a bad price. I beat the game and enjoyed it. I don't see why all the hate against it?

Kirby Epic Yarn for $19.99 is also good price but the game really doesn't attract me to buy it.

I wanted to grab three... One for myself, one for a friend, and one to trade (hopefully for Golden Sun DD). But I decided $6 is a heck of a deal, and I should be thankful to get one. So I bought one.

Anyone that bought more than just one to trade is an asshole.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I got 3 of them. Cry me a river. Happy Easter.[/QUOTE]

I hope baby zombie Jesus rises again on this day to bite the fuck out of you.

[quote name='iwannadie']I hope baby zombie Jesus risen again on this day to bite the fuck out of you.[/QUOTE]
lol, and Happy Easter to you too good sir! :) Seriously though I felt like a douche saying it, I just took offense at the whining about resellers thing. I'm sending him a copy if it makes anything better.

[quote name='ShockandAww']lol, and Happy Easter to you too good sir! :) Seriously though I felt like a douche saying it, I just took offense at the whining about resellers thing. I'm sending him a copy if it makes anything better.[/QUOTE]

Zombie Jesus praises you
:bow::bow::bow:

[quote name='mitnosi']I think some people didn't get the memo on this :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really...

[quote name='mattcube64']I wanted to grab three... One for myself, one for a friend, and one to trade (hopefully for Golden Sun DD). But I decided $6 is a heck of a deal, and I should be thankful to get one. So I bought one.

Anyone that bought more than just one to trade is an asshole.[/QUOTE]

Sounds reasonable.

Buying 10 copies to make $3-5 on each? When people do that... it's just sad to me. Look, go get a job. Study harder and get better grades in school. Anything. But trying to make nickels and dimes off of these deals via elaborate trade scheme is... kind of a waste of your time. At the very least, learn to trade stocks or something. There's just better uses for your time, and better ways to make money... that won't piss off the rest of the CAG community.

The online orders made for the pickups apparently are held till May 3rd I saw before ordering Transformers+Kirby.

Not sure if it was said earlier, I am too busy today for reading CAG as much :cool:

[quote name='sunghost']I'm more worried about their store pickup process than cancellations. I'm interested in how it works as well. I hope their store pickup process isn't as bad as how they handle their preorders.[/QUOTE]

Worse. I expect 90% of these to be cancelled. Best Buy's in-store pickups are notoriously behind real-time. I've ordered items to be picked up in store only to have them cancelled by Best Buy a day later due to no stock.

[quote name='Magikarp830']Yeah, really...

Sounds reasonable.

Buying 10 copies to make $3-5 on each? When people do that... it's just sad to me. Look, go get a job. Study harder and get better grades in school. Anything. But trying to make nickels and dimes off of these deals via elaborate trade scheme is... kind of a waste of your time. At the very least, learn to trade stocks or something. There's just better uses for your time, and better ways to make money... that won't piss off the rest of the CAG community.[/QUOTE]
The $3-$5 for 10 copies example isn't worth it at all to me, but personally I do it more as a challenge to end up with games as cheap as possible more than anything. Kind of odd I guess but it gives me something fun (imo) to do.

[quote name='scarhawk']This will take a hit on the ebay prices lol. I'm expecting $12 DQ 4's.[/QUOTE]

The Amazon trade-in value fell from $14.50 last night to $4.75 currently.

[quote name='Magikarp830']Yeah, really...

Sounds reasonable.

Buying 10 copies to make $3-5 on each? When people do that... it's just sad to me. Look, go get a job. Study harder and get better grades in school. Anything. But trying to make nickels and dimes off of these deals via elaborate trade scheme is... kind of a waste of your time. At the very least, learn to trade stocks or something. There's just better uses for your time, and better ways to make money... that won't piss off the rest of the CAG community.[/QUOTE]

What are some of the better ways to make money that don't require schooling, working or trading stocks?

[quote name='E_Man']Metroid: Other M for $14.99 is not a bad price. I beat the game and enjoyed it. I don't see why all the hate against it?

Kirby Epic Yarn for $19.99 is also good price but the game really doesn't attract me to buy it.[/QUOTE]

I suspect Other M will be $10-$15 on Amazon soon enough. It was a disappointing game; while I want to pick it up, I'm happy to wait on it.

[quote name='cheeky']What are some of the better ways to make money that don't require schooling, working or trading stocks?[/QUOTE]

reselling stuff. that dude is a judgemental prick.

[quote name='Magikarp830']At the very least, learn to trade stocks or something.[/QUOTE]
Learn to trade stocks? Do you have equity investments yourself? If I had to guess, I would say the majority of people here are living paycheck to paycheck or are students that have very little disposable income. Also, retail investors should stay as far away from "trading" stocks as possible. The most they should do is buy low and sit on it for a long time. You try your hand against the Goldman/Morgan traders out there, the house always wins.

Seems to me a blind monkey couldve done better than some of the investment houses out there the past few years.

I did a lot of day trading back in the day. Lucrative but very hard and very scary. It's definitely not for the faint of heart and you can't just go learn it by taking a course at the local CC. Actually, it wasn't that hard. Just very scary.

Which is why you shouldn't lump "investment houses" into one entity. The Goldmans, Paulsons, Soros did fine. I don't think you should actively trade unless you have minimum net worth of 6 figures or it's your job. And it won't be your job unless you have a Ivy or equivalent academic pedigree.

[quote name='scarhawk']This will take a hit on the ebay prices lol. I'm expecting $12 DQ 4's.[/QUOTE]

it's also because people try to undercut each other on there. so they hurt themselves. sometimes i'll just wait out the rush of sales and get rid of my extra copies after the noob sellers dump em for 30% off FMV. an example was the Black Opz Zombie maps. When BB was selling the Prestige/Hardened editions for sale, I still waited out the rush of codes selling at $40 and it eventually went back up to $70 - $80. One idiot went as low as $20 BIN so I just bought it for safe keeping later.

[quote name='momouchi']Anyone have an extra DQ 9 they'd be willing to sell? PM if you do, I missed the deal by about 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Sure bud. I'll get you one.

Bought 15 copies, nice money im gonna get , naaaaaa just kidding bought 2 copies one for me and 1 for a a cousin, been hearing good things about the game and at $7 you cant go wrong, and anybody can recommend Transformers, its a good price $20 ???

[quote name='joshxx']Bought 15 copies, nice money im gonna get , naaaaaa just kidding bought 2 copies one for me and 1 for a a cousin, been hearing good things about the game and at $7 you cant go wrong, and anybody can recommend Transformers, its a good price $20 ???[/QUOTE]

Watch some gameplay videos. It's not bad for a transformers game but imo not worth more than $15. If you have a backlog, wait for $9.99, it's hit that a few times during sales.

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']anyone waiting for pick-up confirmation email, or just went to your store and picked it up?[/QUOTE]

My email said the store is closed and I will receive an email once it's open and my order is ready for pickup.

[quote name='joshxx']and anybody can recommend Transformers, its a good price $20 ???[/QUOTE]

It's a solid game, not great, but if you have any nostalgia factor toward the original cartoon and toys, it kicks it up quite a few notches. And if you know someone else with the game to play through the campaign with, it's a lot of fun.

bread's done
Back