Portal 2 for $19.99 @ Amazon Warehouse Deals PS3 & 360

[quote name='Wario64']Screw your backlog, this game is probably better than your entire backlog[/QUOTE]

Truth.

Though it was $25 new shipped not too long ago at the EA store.

Not a bad deal either way.

[quote name='beeman07']Is it safe to assume that these copies will NOT have the Steam voucher since they are used?[/QUOTE]

Includes manual, cover art, and case. Full game is included, but bonus downloadable content may have already been redeemed. Cleaning and repair was done as required. Game data from previous use may be present, but can be overwritten or deleted

i think its safe to assume that the steam codes will be used

[quote name='Wario64']Screw your backlog, this game is probably better than your entire backlog[/QUOTE]

It was an interesting rental for a bit, maybe only GTA4 was more overrated. The better games should give you a reason to play again, if nothing else just to enjoy it again. Loved playing the first off of Orange Box, I never bothered to finish this one.

I'd say just wait till Steam does a sale, it will probably be $10 or $5. If you have waited this long without buying it, you can wait a few more month to get it really cheap. It's what I'm doing. Maybe it would be worth it if the PS3 version came with the Steam code, but it most likely won't.

[quote name='cynicalaa22']Isn't there an Amazon Warehouse deals thread for this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is an infestation of these threads on CAG when the very-active warehouse deals thread is on page 1. :drool:

[quote name='cynicalaa22']Isn't there an Amazon Warehouse deals thread for this?[/QUOTE]
Yes there is. But apparently it's too hard for some to sift through the last page or two of posts to find recently posted deals on games, so we've had an influx of these seperate threads cluttering up the deals section.:roll:

It's not that bad right now, but watch someone from SD copy/paste one of these individual threads and the people there hoard every copy till it's outta stock. Then you'll see the people crying for these seperate threads bellyaching over the deal being copied to SD and it being hoarded like crazy.

That's why having one ginormous thread is a far better idea than having 20-30 seperate threads to point out good deals cuz at least then you have to find the deal versus having it out where everyone can easily find it.

[quote name='hle078']Game data from previous use may be present, but can be overwritten or deleted[/QUOTE]

Gotta love boilerplate!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yes there is. But apparently it's too hard for some to sift through the last page or two of posts to find recently posted deals on games, so we've had an influx of these seperate threads cluttering up the deals section.:roll:

It's not that bad right now, but watch someone from SD copy/paste one of these individual threads and the people there hoard every copy till it's outta stock. Then you'll see the people crying for these seperate threads bellyaching over the deal being copied to SD and it being hoarded like crazy.

That's why having one ginormous thread is a far better idea than having 20-30 seperate threads to point out good deals cuz at least then you have to find the deal versus having it out where everyone can easily find it.[/QUOTE]

So it'd be best to have a forum of 10 threads for each store/retailer and 6,000 posts per where people have to sift through shit and aol chatroom conversations in order to find deals.

That's not CAG, hence the ability of anyone to post deals. Games drop, it gets a new thread, it dies, it slinks away.

I ignored all your CAG vs. Slickdeals nonsense because if you care about that. You need a fucking life.

Whoever fixed my post, thanks. I don't know how you did it, but it makes the thread look nicer.

Edit: Herp Derp, I just noticed CheapyD did it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ijustw1n']So it'd be best to have a forum of 10 threads for each store/retailer and 6,000 posts per where people have to sift through shit and aol chatroom conversations in order to find deals.

That's not CAG, hence the ability of anyone to post deals. Games drop, it gets a new thread, it dies, it slinks away.

I ignored all your CAG vs. Slickdeals nonsense because if you care about that. You need a fucking life.[/QUOTE]
I'd rather have 50-60 consolidated threads with user editable Wiki posts than 600 threads about seperate deals that could be merged with the mega threads since those deals pertain to them.

I understand that many CAG's only check the site maybe once a day(or once a week), but if they learned to skim posts to glean what information they need to find a deal then I have a feeling we'd see far less of these seperate threads popping up.

As for CAG vs. SD, wait and see when one of these seperate deals gets posted over to there and see what kind of responses pop up here. I personally don't give a damn either way, as I've used both sites to get deals, but some act like it's the end of the world when they repost a deal there.

I get a little annoyed when a deal gets posted on SD for the simple fact that they buy 10's of one item just to flip for a slight profit, where as CAG usually buys games that they want to play (for the most part).

Ah stop the bickering people :) anyway, portal 2 is easily worth 20 bucks. Loved it to death as its a fun puzzler with great humor. Loved the atmosphere of the game too as its so relaxing as a puzzle game should be. now if only Orange box would get cheap again as I haven't played the first portal (haven't played the half life series yet either).

ahh I beat the single player on my brother's PS3 so it doesn't make sense to buy this just for co-op...so why do I want to buy it???

[quote name='strait edge follower']Ah stop the bickering people :) anyway, portal 2 is easily worth 20 bucks. Loved it to death as its a fun puzzler with great humor. Loved the atmosphere of the game too as its so relaxing as a puzzle game should be. now if only Orange box would get cheap again as I haven't played the first portal (haven't played the half life series yet either).[/QUOTE]

The Orange Box is very cheap for $14 at Amazon (Used). Easily one of the best values on video game history.

[quote name='Watto11107']What's the Steam voucher?[/QUOTE]

Buy the PS3 version and get a steam voucher for Portal 2.

[quote name='flameo2000']ahh I beat the single player on my brother's PS3 so it doesn't make sense to buy this just for co-op...so why do I want to buy it???[/QUOTE]

Because you are a CAG (Human). We constantly buy what we don't need when we see a price that's better than what we expect we'll see it for in the next year.

for those of you on the fence bought this day one and dont regret it one bit. Never played the first one either.

[quote name='ijustw1n']So it'd be best to have a forum of 10 threads for each store/retailer and 6,000 posts per where people have to sift through shit and aol chatroom conversations in order to find deals.

I ignored all your CAG vs. Slickdeals nonsense because if you care about that. You need a fucking life.[/QUOTE]

We can not and should not make a new thread for every little thing! There is a darn good reason we have individual threads that consolidate deals. There's a thread for Weekly Retail Ads, Warehouse Deals, Clearance Deals, and ASUS/AKSYS. Are you suggesting we fill the boards with 6,000 threads (and 3,000 duplicates because someone didn't use Search)?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='URABAHN']We can not and should not make a new thread for every little thing! There is a darn good reason we have individual threads that consolidate deals. There's a thread for Weekly Retail Ads, Warehouse Deals, Clearance Deals, and ASUS/AKSYS. Are you suggesting we fill the boards with 6,000 threads (and 3,000 duplicates because someone didn't use Search)?[/QUOTE]
That appears to be exactly what they're suggesting.

I might get this, I don't know. I thought Portal 1 was only okay.

And as far as this not being in the warehouse deals thread goes, I don't think it should be. A lot of the deals in that thread are pretty average and not worth the attention, but when a good deal shows up, aka this, it should get it's own thread so people actually notice it.

bread's done
Back