Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, SOCOM 4 - Deal Roundup

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here's a deal roundup on this week's big releases. These below offers may end anytime, likely on Tuesday.

[IMG-R=5838]22187[/IMG-R]Portal 2
iconamazon.gif
$59.99 + $15 credit at Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
$59.99/$49.99 + $10 gift card + $10 RZ points at Best Buy
icongs_r1.gif
Custom skins for Atlas & P-body co-op play at GameStop#
kmart.gif
Spend $40/get $15 ($120/$60)* + $10 off $20 XBLM or PSN card
icontoysrus_r1.gif
$15 gift card with Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat purchase, buy both, get a $50 card at Toys R Us
iconwalmart_r3.gif
$20 gift card at Walmart

Originally Posted by Ionotropic View Post
Just droppin in to say DO NOT BUY the Mortal Kombat guide by Primagames. It is incomplete and full of errors, and all Prima did was put out a PDF to fix it instead of issuing a recall and doing a reprint.

http://www.primagames.com/blog/2011/...#comment-69008
FYI, you can see the errata and download a free PDF with character cards including move sets here.
http://www.primagames.com/blog/2011/04/19/mkcards/?ref=primaflash&name=mkcards

[IMG-R=5838]22188[/IMG-R]Mortal Kombat
iconamazon.gif
$54.99 + $10 credit + Reptile Klassic at Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
$10 gift card + Subzero Klassic at Best Buy
icongs_r1.gif
Scorpion Klassic at GameStop#
kmart.gif
Spend $40/get $15 ($120/$60)* + $10 off $20 XBLM or PSN card (if you buy MK + Portal 2 + a $20 PSN card, the PSN card will be discounted twice and so be free)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Kitana Klassic + $15 gift card with Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat purchase, buy both, get a $50 card at Toys R Us BE AWARE $15 GIFT CARD EXPIRES 4/23/11!!
iconwalmart_r3.gif
$10 gift card + Mileena Klassic at Walmart

[IMG-R=5838]22189[/IMG-R]
SOCOM 4
iconamazon.gif
$57.99 + $10 credit at Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
$10 gift card + save $30 when purchased with Killzone 3, GT5 or LBP2 at Best Buy
icongs_r1.gif
Exclusive Abandoned Map at GameStop

*Kmart's spend $40 on gaming software, get $15 in gaming coupons (spend $120, get $60) promotion is valid on all gaming titles through Saturday.
#Gamestop has a 1,000 pt. reward on their Powerup Rewards Site LAUNCH WEEK ONLY for a coupon that gives you 50%/60% extra trade-in credit when trading in towards Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cficare']Yup. Dunno why. Not going to complain. Had it pre-order forever.[/QUOTE]

Portal initially had a $5 credit which was removed and then $20 credit was added. So you were probably preordered through both and both applied to your order.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']"I sense a great disturbance in the Force. It's as if a thousand voices were going to argue about something called 'return fraud' and then have their thread suddenly closed. I fear something terrible has happened."[/QUOTE]

I think you have no idea what you are talking about. Fortunately someone else already said the same.

[quote name='gotdott']Portal initially had a $5 credit which was removed and then $20 credit was added. So you were probably preordered through both and both applied to your order.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me, too, and is *awesome*.

Thumbs up to amazon. :applause:

I got my $10 GC from Best Buy in the mail today. And I was able to pick up my copy of Portal 2 yesterday no problem (I ordered online with in-store pickup).

aw man, so is the giftcard thing at toysrus done? Was busy playing portal then realized there were enough deals to be had over mortal kombat to bring it close to my 30$ target price.

Picked up Portal 2 & Mortal Kombat + 2 PSN cards for $145 @ Kmart. I'll be spending my $60 game coupons next week. Best deal I've come across in a while.

Best Buy finally found my copy. Seems somebody misplaced a whole carton of games yesterday. They also gave me an additional $10 gift card for the inconvenience. All told, I paid $35 and got a total of $30 in gift cards. I'm still annoyed, but it sounds like it was an honest mistake, and I wound up with a new game for essentially $5.

Picked up Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat for 76.80 (after the manager took off $50 due to TRU price match). Then on top of that deal, the BB cashier still gave me the $20 in BB gift cards for buying the two games!

Was a hassle having to produce the BB policy to prove to the manager that they can price match gift card deals, but in the end well worth it.

[quote name='dino88']Go to Best Buy and buy a copy (they must have some in-stock) and just return the online copy with the in-store receipt when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

Not sound like an extremist, but it's best not to return things to BB with their new policy of collecting private information, via a third-party.

Just as an FYI - there is no $20 gift card at Wal-mart. First time this site has ever led me astray. (I guess it makes more sense why people were trying to save $10-15 when they could have just been getting the $20).

[quote name='Trance Addix']Not sound like an extremist, but it's best not to return things to BB with their new policy of collecting private information, via a third-party.[/QUOTE]
What does this entail exactly?

[quote name='sadboy']What does this entail exactly?[/QUOTE]

They would take your license and store the information with another company. Privacy is promised, but these things can't be truly trusted. They are doing this to prevent return fraud and keep track of what each customer returns. Officially, this procedure is justified by saying it helps the prices stay "low".

[quote name='jas4yf']Picked up Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat for 76.80 (after the manager took off $50 due to TRU price match). Then on top of that deal, the BB cashier still gave me the $20 in BB gift cards for buying the two games!

Was a hassle having to produce the BB policy to prove to the manager that they can price match gift card deals, but in the end well worth it.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you. I've been trying for months to get my 2 local Best Buys to price match anything else.

[quote name='pimpinc333']My nephew picked up Portal 2 from TRU today and he didn't get a 15.00 GC... Is the TRU deal dead now in stores?[/QUOTE]

i think it was tuesday only.

[quote name='lakers2008']anyone found Socom 4 Full Deployment at Kmart. Already got one at Amazon but if I can buy one at Kmart and get $60 gaming its win win.[/QUOTE]

KMart did not carry the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Kit or FF IV: Complete Collection on PSP.

[quote name='MSUHitman']KMart did not carry the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Kit or FF IV: Complete Collection on PSP.[/QUOTE]

well online its OOS but I thought maybe some Kmarts would carry it. Damn now I guess I will stick with my Amazon order

I picked up Mortal Kombat and Crysis 2 at Toys R Us at lunch today since it's buy 1 get 1 free. A guy I know that works there says, did you get the coupon? I said no and he said use this coupon and it will take an ADDITIONAL $10 OFF for Mortal Kombat and it worked so it was basically getting them both for a total of $80. That worked for me since I was willing to spend $90 for both so all is well with that deal.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Sub Zero is good as long as they have copies of the first print run. The GC deal expires on sunday.[/QUOTE]

YMMV, but my Best Buy's copies still had the sticker on the front verifying that the Sub-Zero skin was included when I bought it last night.

For those that ordered Portal 2 through BB.com I wouldn't trust the streamlite tracking because it worked better than I thought. It said my scheduled delivery was 4/27 but my game arrived today 4/22 (placed order on Monday night).But for some reason the game shipped before my $10 gc.

Has this happened to anyone else before as far as the gc is concerned?

Where exactly is the PSN card deal found at Kmart? I don't see it in their ad.
Also, does buying two games at $59.99 even qualify for a $120 purchase?

This has probably been asked before and feel free to slap me if it has: i've heard that if I buy MK from TRU that it still comes with the DLC even though I didnt pre-order. How can I tell if the MK from Toys R Us comes with the Kitana costume?

[quote name='alanvega']This has probably been asked before and feel free to slap me if it has: i've heard that if I buy MK from TRU that it still comes with the DLC even though I didnt pre-order. How can I tell if the MK from Toys R Us comes with the Kitana costume?[/QUOTE]

if there is a kitana costume sticker on the outside it should be in the case

[quote name='alanvega']This has probably been asked before and feel free to slap me if it has: i've heard that if I buy MK from TRU that it still comes with the DLC even though I didnt pre-order. How can I tell if the MK from Toys R Us comes with the Kitana costume?[/QUOTE]

There is a huge sticker on the front with her picture.

Looks like this:

pTRU1-9474228_alternate1_dt.jpg

[quote name='davidb69']I picked up Mortal Kombat and Crysis 2 at Toys R Us at lunch today since it's buy 1 get 1 free. A guy I know that works there says, did you get the coupon? I said no and he said use this coupon and it will take an ADDITIONAL $10 OFF for Mortal Kombat and it worked so it was basically getting them both for a total of $80. That worked for me since I was willing to spend $90 for both so all is well with that deal.[/QUOTE]
Do you mean buy one get one HALF off? I'm kind of confused lol.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Just droppin in to say DO NOT BUY the Mortal Kombat guide by Primagames. It is incomplete and full of errors, and all Prima did was put out a PDF to fix it instead of issuing a recall and doing a reprint.

http://www.primagames.com/blog/2011/04/19/mkcards/comment-page-1/#comment-69008[/QUOTE]

Good info, thats a real shame they wont fix it. I'm surprised they're still in business really...you know with the internet and all ahah.

[quote name='Ozonekill']Do the classic female ninjas have classic fatalities?
[/QUOTE]

I think only Scorpion, Reptile, Sub-Zero have classic fatalities.

[quote name='vlv723']No wonder why Gamestop is the worst retailer in video games. Every other place is offering coupons and gift cards but not them. Target is a close second.[/QUOTE]

Target is where I goto by socks and food. If there was no Target I would have cold feet and most likely die from starvation.

bread's done
Back