Portal 2 (PS3/360) $34.99 (PC) $29.99 - Amazon (still-ongoing from 04/30/11 DOTD)

Seems like they're trying to match K-Mart. I was probably going to pass on K-Mart, since I can see the game getting cheaper in not too much time, but since Amazon is tax-free... I dunno... It's very, very tempting.

ouch, sucks for those that bought it at full price. I just traded in my copy of portal 2 for 35 dollars to amazon, crap. Hopefully i wont get turned down

[quote name='killerthrust']ouch, sucks for those that bought it at full price. I just traded in my copy of portal 2 for 35 dollars to amazon, crap. Hopefully i wont get turned down[/QUOTE]

You won't - so long as you locked in the price and sent it on time, you'll get the $35.

Got it for 24.99 shipped. Plus, I got $15 extra today for something I forgot was owed to me. Portal 2 for $10? Oh heck yeah.

I have never played Portal before and when I Played portal 2 I fell in love with the gameplay and the writing of the story and characters. it is an addictive game.

[quote name='killerthrust']ouch, sucks for those that bought it at full price. I just traded in my copy of portal 2 for 35 dollars to amazon, crap. Hopefully i wont get turned down[/QUOTE]

This fucking sucks. I spent $54.99 worth of amazon credit on release day and I still haven't opened the game.

Oh wait, they gave me $20 Amazon gift credit, so it only cost me $35 day one. ;););)

[quote name='Armor42']Highly recommended picking it up for this price. Such a fantastic game.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, buy it now \\:D/

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']This fucking sucks. I spent $54.99 worth of amazon credit on release day and I still haven't opened the game.

Oh wait, they gave me $20 Amazon gift credit, so it only cost me $35 day one. ;););)[/QUOTE]

yea same here, i had amazon credit so i spend it on portal 2 ps3 version. took the free pc copy and activated it on steam and trading my ps3 copy in for 35. i made out with a free pc copy

No tax!? I'm in like swim wear. Ordering now and I'll get it in two days with Amazon Prime!
Tax is showing in my order... they charge tax, lol. Just realized that. I'll just pick up my copy from Kmart.

[quote name='killerthrust']yea same here, i had amazon credit so i spend it on portal 2 ps3 version. took the free pc copy and activated it on steam and trading my ps3 copy in for 35. i made out with a free pc copy[/QUOTE]

I hooked a friend up with my PC version for 25. I could have charged him more but w/e. Made out with a 10 PC copy using Amazon credit from Best Buy trade ins. So worth it.

[quote name='WasabiJoe']PS3 seems to be sold out already, I imagine the trade in value is going to tank very soon[/QUOTE]

Damn, that was fast. What's the current trade in value now? I'm going to keep my PS3 copy and just flip the code on eBay. I'll make about $20.

Tempting, but my backlog is huge and usual rule of thumb I have is buy games for $20 or less these days. I'll sleep on it...

It's a puzzle game with limited replay value. The price is going to drop like a rock. Love Portal, but it's not like people really play it over and over again once you've beaten it.

[quote name='thegame85']I had planned to go to Kmart or price match it at Best Buy...but this just saved me some gas and tax! In for 1![/QUOTE]

what he said...in for 1

Great price but I think I still gotta wait. By the time I get through the games I'm playing now it'll be re-released as GOTY edition or sub-$20. Or both.

Damn, sold out of ps3 ver already?

I heard it was short (but good) with little replayability, so i guess it's a good thing i missed out.

[quote name='tortamus']Great price but I think I still gotta wait. By the time I get through the games I'm playing now it'll be re-released as GOTY edition or sub-$20. Or both.[/QUOTE]

same. It's definitely gonna win gotys and undoubtedly will have a bunch of dlc released. Valve loves dlc.

[quote name='Newl']Damn, sold out of ps3 ver already?

I heard it was short (but good) with little replayability, so i guess it's a good thing i missed out.

same. It's definitely gonna win gotys and undoubtedly will have a bunch of dlc released. Valve loves dlc.[/QUOTE]

mmmmm....I can smell the Black Friday deals already

The website just updated... when you add the game to your cart it shows the $34.99 price. Shipping is only a dollar and they take paypal.

aca20b.png

[quote name='Sizu']Missed out. Waiting for Amazon to restock the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

does that happen with these daily deals?

[quote name='Newl']
same. It's definitely gonna win gotys and undoubtedly will have a bunch of dlc released. Valve loves dlc.[/QUOTE]

It'll undoubtedly get cheaper, but waiting for a GOTY edition is pretty moot. Valve already confirmed the first DLC will be free across all platforms, and I wouldn't be surprised if that trend stays the same for any other future content. I know they charged $ for L4D1/L4D2 DLC on 360, but with Valve bringing dlc free for their PC versions of all their game and now the PS3 version of Portal 2 thanks to Steamworks, I doubt MS will try to charge money for DLC that's coming free to PSN.

[quote name='JJSP']It's a puzzle game with limited replay value. The price is going to drop like a rock. Love Portal, but it's not like people really play it over and over again once you've beaten it.[/QUOTE]

Generally, i agree with this. However, I have a friend that played the original about 16 times, so I guess replay value depends on the person.

I'm a little bummed I missed out on this for PS3, but there have been so many deals on this title in just two weeks that the retail price of this is going to have be $30 by E3 if Valve hopes to move any more new copies. I guess I'll just wait it out!

[quote name='ral1121']does that happen with these daily deals?[/QUOTE]

Usually not. Like with borderlands GOTY recently, they put up a different game for the rest of the day after it sold out.

[quote name='V878']It'll undoubtedly get cheaper, but waiting for a GOTY edition is pretty moot. Valve already confirmed the first DLC will be free across all platforms, and I wouldn't be surprised if that trend stays the same for any other future content. I know they charged $ for L4D1/L4D2 DLC on 360, but with Valve bringing dlc free for their PC versions of all their game and now the PS3 version of Portal 2 thanks to Steamworks, I doubt MS will try to charge money for DLC that's coming free to PSN.[/QUOTE]

Well valve said for l4d they were forced by ms to charge the dlc. Which is kind of how super meat boy used a "backdoor" to offer free dlc by having the new levels linked within game via the internets area. Valve's dlc on pc luckily has always been free, not counting hats hahah

[quote name='killerthrust']ouch, sucks for those that bought it at full price.[/QUOTE]

Not at all, I got it on release for $60 w/$20 in credit($10 gc/$10 pre-order) now going back to pm it. $35 + $20 in credit on day 1. Tax is only $2.10 & BB is less than 3 miles from home + I drive by it everyday anyway. $30 + $20 in credit for MK thanks to TRU too.

bic
sales were great but there's alot of competition it released against MK and Socom 4. MK sold great too, Socom 4 did ok but with the FDE selling at $150 less total sales but more overall $.

[quote name='WasabiJoe']PS3 seems to be sold out already, I imagine the trade in value is going to tank very soon[/QUOTE]

:(

Oh well, it's probably for the best. It won't be long before GameStop is flooded with used PS3 copies, so I'll just wait to skim it for even cheaper.

Damnit, the one game I decide to buy on release date this year is on sale for nearly half price everywhere two weeks after release.

Meanwhile I'm still unable to find a deal 4 months after launch on Mass Effect 2 for PS3 which was technically already a year old game when it released.

Awesome, just picked it up. I was considering this or crysis 2. I couldn't pass on this deal (hopefully i made the right decision)

[quote name='Jello1996']Damnit, the one game I decide to buy on release date this year is on sale for nearly half price everywhere two weeks after release.

Meanwhile I'm still unable to find a deal 4 months after launch on Mass Effect 2 for PS3 which was technically already a year old game when it released.[/QUOTE]

It'll go down to $20 eventually. Wait for Black Friday.

[quote name='aznguyen316']Well valve said for l4d they were forced by ms to charge the dlc. Which is kind of how super meat boy used a "backdoor" to offer free dlc by having the new levels linked within game via the internets area. Valve's dlc on pc luckily has always been free, not counting hats hahah[/QUOTE]

I just think the precedent of MS forcing someone like Valve to charge for DLC changes if the game is on PS3, which wasn't the case for L4D/L4D2. If Valve releases free DLC Portal 2 DLC for PC and likely PS3 since it's using Steamworks, it just looks silly for MS to charge for that same content that the PS3 owners are getting free. I can't recall a case where DLC was free on PSN and paid DLC on 360, but I could be wrong.

bread's done
Back