Portal 2 PS3/Xbox $55 + $20 Egift Card at Walmart.com

I pre-ordered in walmart too. The order was 20 eGift Cards and 35 Portal2 plus tax. They immediately charge me for the 20 eGift Card and emailed me the gift card. I want to cancel the order and check the Walmart return policy, it said gift cards CAN NOT be return. What a BS! When I ordered, they never told me that 20$ gift card can not be return!

Any in your order states page, there is NO cancel option! What a cheater!

Any if you use the option "contact us about this order" and select "cancel order", they reply you with a automatic email! WTH?

I wrote a email to Walmart with "other question about order", and request for a cancel order.

Guys, please good luck to me. Thanks to all.

If I succed, I will update to all of you.

Majorjohn, it does tell you that you cannot return the gift card. On the page where you pre-order, it lists what you are buying:

Standard Items
Items listed below are standard with this bundle.

Portal 2 (PS3)
More…

eGift Card

* eGift Cards are sent via email.
* Can only be used at Walmart.com and samsclub.com, and … More…

See the word "More"? You know, as in "more information"? You probably should have clicked on that and read it before purchasing. You have only yourself to blame. Walmart didn't cheat you. Maybe your English teacher cheated you, but not Walmart.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty standard to not allow refunds on gift cards but what's shady about the Wal-Mart preorder is that they're emailing and charging you for the gift card immediately and not when the game ships. They're basically locking in the preorder now. I guess you might be able to fight for a refund on just the $35 for the game, but that's still bullshit.

[quote name='Hewlett']It's pretty standard to not allow refunds on gift cards but what's shady about the Wal-Mart preorder is that they're emailing and charging you for the gift card immediately and not when the game ships. They're basically locking in the preorder now. I guess you might be able to fight for a refund on just the $35 for the game, but that's still bullshit.[/QUOTE]Gift cards aren't out of stock, so they would ship it immediately, and yes, that locks in the pre-order since you can't return it.

This isn't anything different than Walmart.com has done in the past, so this isn't a surprise they're doing this one the same way.

It took me a while but I got Walmart to cancel the pre-order eventhough it was already in that bs processing stage. Here's how:

1. Dial this number for Walmart.com customer service: 1-800-966-6546
2. As soon as the message starts playing, dial 238 to get to a rep
3. Explain the problem, bring up the gift card, have them confirm your order can be cancelled if the gift card is 'voided'.
4. Once they do, have them transfer you to the gift card department (the phone will be silent for a while, but dont hang up)
5. Summarize the issue, and explain the gift card cancellation to them. I got put on hold while the rep authorized it all with corporate.
6. They cancelled the gift card, then cleared the charge for the game from my account. However, they also had me call my card provider (visa for me) and have them clear it from my account.
7. Now go pre-order on Amazon :bouncy:

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']It took me a while but I got Walmart to cancel the pre-order eventhough it was already in that bs processing stage. Here's how:

3. Explain the problem, bring up the gift card, have them confirm your order can be cancelled if the gift card is 'voided'.
4. Once they do, have them transfer you to the gift card department (the phone will be silent for a while, but dont hang up)
5. Summarize the issue, and explain the gift card cancellation to them. I got put on hold while the rep authorized it all with corporate.
6. They cancelled the gift card, then cleared the charge for the game from my account. However, they also had me call my card provider (visa for me) and have them clear it from my account.
7. Now go pre-order on Amazon :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

and that is exactly why I waited for amazon to price match lol.

^^

My reg date clearly shows I am not yet aware of the level of Amazon's awesomeness
9.gif

Yeah youre not actually supposed to get in on these Walmart deals. What the hell are you thinking. You just wait and hope Amazon matches. Noobs ;)

Well, I finally pre-ordered Portal 2 for PS3. Total came to $7.49 after using previous credit. Not bad for both the PS3 and PC versions of the game, not to mention the extra $20 credit.

I'm now simply waiting to see if Amazon PM's Wally World's $20 GC for Crysis 2.

Thanks Shock!

[quote name='Matt Young']Majorjohn, it does tell you that you cannot return the gift card. On the page where you pre-order, it lists what you are buying:

See the word "More"? You know, as in "more information"? You probably should have clicked on that and read it before purchasing. You have only yourself to blame. Walmart didn't cheat you. Maybe your English teacher cheated you, but not Walmart.[/QUOTE]

They should've cleared out (as they do the "*eGift card sent via email" part) like the following:
* eGift card will charge and email you IMMEDIATELY
* eGift card CAN NOT be returned

they should make this CLEAR instead of HIDING in somewhere

BTW, I finally contact them, they manage to cancel the eGift card charge for me.

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']It took me a while but I got Walmart to cancel the pre-order eventhough it was already in that bs processing stage. Here's how:

7. Now go pre-order on Amazon :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. Just canceled my order. They said I should have $20 credited back to my CC within 2-3 business days, although the actual order won't cancel until the game's release date for some reason.

Bumping the thread to ask a question. I have some extra paypal cash sitting around and don't want to deal with trading it so I can order from Amazon. When I try to check out with Paypal on Walmart.com it tells me I don't have enough funds to pay for the item. It also won't give me the choice of which shipping method I want. Is this normal?

[quote name='ohram']When I try to check out with Paypal on Walmart.com it tells me I don't have enough funds to pay for the item. It also won't give me the choice of which shipping method I want. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

I was having an issue using PayPal with the remainder of a gift card I had.
What (I'm assuming) I figured out was if you use PayPal as a payment method, PayPal must pay for 100% of the transaction. You are not allowed to split tender on their website.

Regarding the shipping method issue, I can't really say on that, but maybe you'll be able to select one once the payment issue is resolved? Does it give you a pre-selected shipping method? Which one are they giving you?

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']I was having an issue using PayPal with the remainder of a gift card I had.
What (I'm assuming) I figured out was if you use PayPal as a payment method, PayPal must pay for 100% of the transaction. You are not allowed to split tender on their website.

Regarding the shipping method issue, I can't really say on that, but maybe you'll be able to select one once the payment issue is resolved? Does it give you a pre-selected shipping method? Which one are they giving you?[/QUOTE]

Edit: It might have fixed itself.

Edit again: Yup, it suddenly stopped saying I didn't have the funds and it let me choose my shipping method. Hurrah.

[quote name='ohram']it suddenly stopped saying I didn't have the funds and it let me choose my shipping method.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see your posts before the edits; were you able to pay split-tender using PayPal as a part of your payment? If so, what did you do to get it through? I'm curious because I tried for some time to make that happen for myself.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']I didn't see your posts before the edits; were you able to pay split-tender using PayPal as a part of your payment? If so, what did you do to get it through? I'm curious because I tried for some time to make that happen for myself.[/QUOTE]

I haven't a clue. After my paypal was drained it automatically switched to my card. I didn't change anything when ordering, it just started working.

I tried to cancel my Walmart order and they wouldn't let me. They said there was a 24-48 hour wait time til cancellation requests would be approved or denied, but that since it was a pre-order item, it would be 24-48 hours after the date the item was supposed to ship, which is bullshit. Apparently, there's nothing I can do.

bread's done
Back