Portal 2 (Xbox/PS3) $55 + $20 Amazon Credit

Where's the option for $0.99 release day delivery? Is that a Prime only thang? I didn't see it when I placed my order. I've even tried adjusting shipping speed afterward, but I don't see it there either. Only the regular shipping options.

Really glad they added this.

I know it says it applies to existing pre orders, but I wish they'd send an email or something out to confirm.

Ok I don't have a PS3, just a 360 and a NICE PC. I want this for PC, and it's cheaper than any other launch day PC only way. I do a a PSN account and have access to PS3's, (Hell i could Buy one from Amazon than return it if i had too) i should be alright then? No need to 'Keep' access to a PS3 for any length of time, and i can Fleabay the PS3 disk?

[quote name='dchrisd']Where's the option for $0.99 release day delivery? Is that a Prime only thang? I didn't see it when I placed my order. I've even tried adjusting shipping speed afterward, but I don't see it there either. Only the regular shipping options.[/QUOTE]

It showed up on my order as the fastest shipping option. It doesn't say $0.99, but that's what it is in the final checkout.

It might only show up if you're shipping to certain places or something. I'd call Amazon and find out.

[quote name='gepet0']Is portal 2 worth 55 it wasn't it thrown in in the orange box? Now it is a stand alone? I am on the fence with this one.[/QUOTE]

Portal 1 was in the Orange box. Portal 2 has been developed as a full length game.

[quote name='WormFOODx']For the over 100 games I have for the PS3 and 360 this is the ONE I want for the PC and there are NO DEALS![/QUOTE]

You can buy the PS3 version, the PC version is included with the PS3 one

Just ordered the PS3 version,

I'd prefer to have it on 360 but the option of PC or PS3 makes it too good to pass up

[quote name='gregnied']You can buy the PS3 version, the PC version is included with the PS3 one[/QUOTE]

Wow, ok. Sold on the PS3 version then. Heaven knows I could always day one trade it back in for an almost free game.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Wow, ok. Sold on the PS3 version then. Heaven knows I could always day one trade it back in for an almost free game.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't be surprised if valve implemented something so one couldn't abuse the free pc version somehow

[quote name='Oktoberfest']i wouldn't be surprised if valve implemented something so one couldn't abuse the free pc version somehow[/QUOTE]

I dunno what they could do that EA hasn't done, and you can find plenty of used Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 games at Gamestop.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so I'm guessing the ps3 version is preferred? might pick this up for someone[/QUOTE]
PC/Mac is the absolute preferred version, though you get a PC/Mac copy if you buy the PS3 version. Somewhere Gabe Newell stated that the PS3 version is the preferred console version. So double the reason to get this on PS3, and not so much for the 360.

I'm going to buy in as soon as my $10 credit from Crysis 2 appears on my Amazon account.

Then I'll get it for $44.95 and get and additional $20 off of Brink, LA NOIRE, F.3.A.R., Red Faction:Armageddon, or some other May game.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I dunno what they could do that EA hasn't done, and you can find plenty of used Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 games at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I think an entire version of a game is more important to protect than some simple DLC.

I can't think of a way for them to protect it without making the game literally not work without using it with a Steam account and the CD key likely included in the package, but I wouldn't be surprised that they have something up their sleeves.

In on this. Everything I've seen so far shows that Valve is most likely going to go above and beyond on this game, so I'm in for release day.

I can't resist picking this up on release day, pretty excited for this game. I'm glad Amazon decided to match the Walmart deal. In for one PS3 copy, thanks OP!

In for PS3 version, since PC Steam version is included. With the gift card, like getting it for $35, even cheaper than the Steam 2-pack.

got mine pre-ordered (PS3)!

used $40 credit from signing up for Amazon credit card.
total: $14.99 with release date shipping and $20 credit for later
hell yeah!

[quote name='Firecrest']Also, .99 for release-day delivery? I love you very long time, Amazon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JasonTerminator']It showed up on my order as the fastest shipping option. It doesn't say $0.99, but that's what it is in the final checkout.

It might only show up if you're shipping to certain places or something. I'd call Amazon and find out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing out the .99 release day delivery. I didn't even know that was an option.

I haven't gotten an email from amazon saying that I get the gift card deal - I put my pre-order in just before they offered the gift card. Are we sure that people who'd previously ordered will get it? I'm wondering if I should cancel and re-order just to be safe.

[quote name='crunchewy']I haven't gotten an email from amazon saying that I get the gift card deal - I put my pre-order in just before they offered the gift card. Are we sure that people who'd previously ordered will get it? I'm wondering if I should cancel and re-order just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

It says previously placed pre-orders are eligible. However, me being paranoid about this kind of stuff, contacted Amazon. The rep suggested I re-place my order.

I just did, I figured it was no big deal, since it's exactly the same price I paid for it when I ordered it before.

If people are worried about not getting the GC promotion and that Amazon might take it down, take a screen cap of the page showing the promotion, that it lists that it's being extended to all pre-orders and that you ordered it previously.

I can count on one hand the number of game preorders I've done, and this will be one of them... In for the PS3+PC version!

WOW, great deal! Almost bit, but after doing some quick math, I will still be getting almost $20 off with my Target employee discount + other savings. (RedCard, pharmacy rewards, etc).

Fully agree with others in this thread, Blizzard and Valve remain one of the few developers I'll still pay full price for their games, so this is just icing on the cake.

[quote name='airwalke']almost $20 off with my Target employee discount + other savings. (RedCard, pharmacy rewards, etc).
[/QUOTE]

Are you one of those Target employees who haven't figured out that they can buy things on Amazon using their Target discount by buying Amazon gift cards at their store?!

Seriously... $50 Amazon Kindle Giftcard (works for virtually anything on US Amazon, except other gift cards) - 10% TM discount - 5% RedCard discount + NO TAX = $42.75 + AWESOME!! :bouncy:

I buy pretty much everything on Amazon since I've discovered how the Target discount works. As far as I know it also works with every other gift card that Target sells (plus PSN, XBOX LIVE and Nintendo cards, etc.)... except for Target gift cards (because that would just be getting double discounts... wouldn't ever happen)

I pre-ordered, but I'm still not sure if I'll go through with it. That 20 dollars and free pc copy makes it really hard to resist though.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']Are you one of those Target employees who haven't figured out that they can buy things on Amazon using their Target discount by buying Amazon gift cards at their store?!

Seriously... $50 Amazon Kindle Giftcard (works for virtually anything on US Amazon, except other gift cards) - 10% TM discount - 5% RedCard discount + NO TAX = $42.75 + AWESOME!! :bouncy:

I buy pretty much everything on Amazon since I've discovered how the Target discount works. As far as I know it also works with every other gift card that Target sells (plus PSN, XBOX LIVE and Nintendo cards, etc.)... except for Target gift cards (because that would just be getting double discounts... wouldn't ever happen)[/QUOTE]

Huh, I've never seen Amazon giftcards at a Target before.

Just did the order at $54.95 with $20 credit (to match Walmart GC deal), - $10 credit posted from Crysis 2 purchase.

So it's $44.95 and I'll spend the $20 credit on one of the big May games. And if Amazon decides to boost the Crysis 2 $10 credit since they upped it after the game shipped, then I'll spend that on the same game too to get $30 total off of a May game. I suspect my May game will be Red Faction:Armageddon, but might be Brink or L.A. Noire or F.3.A.R. Since F.3.A.R. comes with another $20 I may consider picking it up if I come upon some windfall and use the $20 on another May game.

Will the crux of Portal 2 be the co-op campaign? Or will the single player be substantial? I have this game preordered but if co-op is the main highlight, I will probably cancel.

I'll wait a few weeks to see if there are other deals, although I doubt anything will top this. I'd order right now if I didn't just get Crysis 2.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Will the crux of Portal 2 be the co-op campaign? Or will the single player be substantial? I have this game preordered but if co-op is the main highlight, I will probably cancel.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like it;s half and half. Supposedly the single player is about twice as long as the original portal and the coop is as long as the single player.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Will the crux of Portal 2 be the co-op campaign? Or will the single player be substantial? I have this game preordered but if co-op is the main highlight, I will probably cancel.[/QUOTE]

Co-op is likely where the greatest replay value will lie, and I imagine many user-created maps will be designed for co-op, but single-player seems to have quite a bit of meat as well.

[quote name='palaeomerus']It sounds like it;s half and half. Supposedly the single player is about twice as long as the original portal and the coop is as long as the single player.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Co-op is likely where the greatest replay value will lie, and I imagine many user-created maps will be designed for co-op, but single-player seems to have quite a bit of meat as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. I'm very old school (perhaps stubborn) that games I buy at full price have a significant single player first. With Amazon's bonus and price I think this will be a safe purchase for me.

I pre-ordered, it came out to 59.47 or something like that with the stupid NYC tax. I hope that the same voucher giving us the free PC version isn't also the same voucher that will let you connect to Steam, etc.

That would be extremely lame, so i'll probably just get it in the mail and wait for people to confirm it. Then ebay the ps3 copy if it works the way i hope it does

bread's done
Back