Portal on Steam for PC/Mac FREE until September 20th!

CrossFireXT17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Portal (the original) is FREE for everyone until September 20th as a way to advertise Valve's "Learn With Portals" program. To get the game and get more information visit the website here:
http://www.learnwithportals.com/

Intrigue. Engage. Inspire.

When we heard the buzz surrounding the new role video games are playing in education, we had to throw our hat in the ring. Today, innovative educators are finding ways to incorporate Portal™ and Portal 2 into their classrooms—helping teach physics and critical-thinking skills. It’s eye-opening to see how video games can be used in amazing and unexpected ways to help educate our next generation.
One of the biggest challenges in teaching science, technology, engineering, and math is capturing the students’ imaginations long enough for them to see all of the possibilities that lie ahead.
Using interactive tools like the Portal series to draw them in makes physics, math, logic, spatial reasoning, probability, and problem-solving interesting, cool, and fun which gets us one step closer to our goal—engaged, thoughtful kids!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Orange Box was the first game I bought on Steam. Portal was a truly amazing game and I hope anyone that hasn't played it yet takes this opportunity to do so. I also think learn with Portals is a great idea.

[quote name='Bosnian_Lord']My first download from Steam (PS3 gamer here). Loved Portal on PS3, so I wanna try it on PC.

Thx OP![/QUOTE]

Same here. Guess they're trying to convert us! Thanks so much, OP =)

[quote name='Sanoguzman']question; if I download Portal from steam, would it stay in my account history and then I can download it whenever?

Cause right now I'm on a Laptop that I'm going to get rid of soon for a new computer.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did when they had a 3 day deal giving Portal away for free years ago. It was months before I actually downloaded it. I was able to install it on my new computer a few months ago no problem too.

[quote name='rawer']I keep getting "Your account creation request failed, please try again later." Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Me too! on my macbook

About 5 Gigs.

Also if you people say you might have missed this because you don't go there then you would not have cared. You would have never known in the first place. So how about you people stop complaining and, if you want or like free stuff, check the Free Stuff thing every once in a while and spend maybe 10 seconds of your time to see and stop all this nonsence.

There was my rant.

:whee:

Thanks OP. I'm not a PC gamer in the slightest (I guess I am now lol), so I never check the Steam deals thread. I would have completely missed out on this if not for a dedicated thread.

Thanks to OP not only for the free game, but also for the entertainment in this thread. Even on CAG, I don't think I've ever seen someone get flamed for saying "please." A new standard of excellence has been set.

For anybody who missed Portal - get on Steam and get downloading.
This game is great.
Even better - it's a STEAL at FREE.
No excuses to miss out on this now...

bread's done
Back