Possible Playstation Plus 12 month discount

[quote name='Lemarfanz']so just to confirm what's going on...we're just debating at what value (if any) PS+ is worth it?

...there's not even a deal here anymore...is there.[/QUOTE]

Yup sounds like it. Funny thing is all the detractors of ps+ have the same argue ever since its been out: free = rentals; not worth, etc.

We've heard it all before. It's a matter of preference. But honestly for those that don't find value in it why post in a thread that offers the item at a discount? Well whatever the case may be its simple: the value of anything thing is in the eye of the beholder.

[quote name='Draknight']Yup sounds like it. Funny thing is all the detractors of ps+ have the same argue ever since its been out: free = rentals ... But honestly for those that don't find value in it why post in a thread that offers the item at a discount?[/QUOTE]It's constantly reiterated on because some people deem it to be an important aspect of the service. A discounted price on PS+ is likely to bring in people who are completely new to PS+ and have no idea about the fine print. These negative posts probably come from individuals who found out that you don't actually get to keep those games once your subscription ends, considered it to be a rather rude awakening, and wanted to inform newcomers upfront about so they wouldn't be caught off guard in a similar fashion.

Edit: I can understand the complaint against posts such as "PS+ sucks" that do little to nothing to justify their opinion. However, the "free = rental" argument is at least shedding some light on how the service operates for others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I renewed my PS+ yesterday at the default price. For me, I think PS+ is worth it. The best thing about PS+/PS3/PSN is the fact that PS+ is truly an OPTIONAL service. It gives you free stuff and free games (tied to your subscription) but it is not necessary to enjoy your PS3 disc based games. I hate XB360/Live because you don't even get to play other people at all unless you subscribe. So PS+ will always be superior to Live service for me.

Yeah the "Free" games you get are tied to your subscription, which can suck if you aren't going to renew and really like the games tied to your subscription. But for me it works out well since most of the games I got for free I would never have bought unless they dropped the price like 75% or I have already bought on PC and just wanted to try it out on the PS3. Some I had on disc but just wanted to not have to get the disc out to play every time. This system works for me based on how I play games on the PS3.

The free dynamic themes and avatars etc you do get to keep even after your subscription is over. And the discounts you get on PSN can be good and those games you do get to keep even without having a subscription (just wanted to point that out).

The cloud storage is pretty much useless IMHO. Its good for temporarily storing locked save games if you want to change HDs but other than that the extremely small 150MB of storage is really not enough to use it properly. For this to really be useful, they need to allocate cloud space like steam, per game. This feature might be more useful if you have more than one PS3 or play at a friend's place a lot, but since I don't do either of those I never use this feature.

Trophy syncing is something I like, mainly because I don't think I even look at the trophies once a month. So without PS+ it took FOREVER to sync with the server when I just wanted to take a second to look at a trophy description.

The auto update is good for me, I have a fast connection so download speed was never an issue, but still saving me a several seconds here and there and letting me get to the game faster is a nice plus for me. This feature is probably much more useful to those who have slow internet connections.

Game trials are an interesting feature like an extended demo like shareware games of old. Though you need good download speeds and lots of HD space to use it. Downloading a full game then getting a few hours to play the actual game is a interesting perk.

Some people will love PS+ others will not. The only one who can make that determination is yourself. All I can tell you is that for me it is worth the price. Still the CAG in me is like "f**k me I wish I got in on this deal and paid $10 less for the sub." I like PS+ but I still would love to have spent less to resubscribe ;).

[quote name='Thrinn']It's constantly reiterated on because some people deem it to be an important aspect of the service. A discounted price on PS+ is likely to bring in people who are completely new to PS+ and have no idea about the fine print. These negative posts probably come from individuals who found out that you don't actually get to keep those games once your subscription ends, considered it to be a rather rude awakening, and wanted to inform newcomers upfront about so they wouldn't be caught off guard in a similar fashion.

Edit: I can understand the complaint against posts such as "PS+ sucks" that do little to nothing to justify their opinion. However, the "free = rental" argument is at least shedding some light on how the service operates for others.[/QUOTE]

Understandable point but the negative points are coming from individuals that basically didn't bother to read about or know what they were buying. I guess these are the same individuals that buy shoes without trying then on or dont have access to the internet. The term caveat emptor is apt to these people. And I wouldn't say they were ill informed considering that when you purchase said free item a disclaimer pops up. So it not like they didn't t know what they were getting.

Also the free items are one aspect of the service. As others have pointed out there are other positive points to the service (e.g., auto updates, discounts, and cloud saving). Yet the only argument that is constant harped upon is the "free= rental" argument. Honestly, there is no reason to go on a thread about a discounted service, if are only going to focus on the negative aspect of the service and deride it simple because they couldn't do a quick search online.

I paid $50 for my 1st year when it launched and honestly I would not have renewed for another $50. I was one of the people who in Dec. got the 12 month card for $17 due to an error in the weekly Target ad. Definitely worth it for $17 ;-) Also, my last subscription expired in Dec. and I used the card in Jan. and all of my games were ok to use after that. I also upgraded my HDD a month ago and everything is still ok after that. I don't think I would renew again for $50 but I will when the inevitable $35 sale shows up. Probably on the day of the Wii U launch :)

So has anyone checked this deal in-store? Will be re-upping my PS+ and would like to get a small break on it.

As for being "worth it", for me it has more than paid for itself in the discounts they offer on downloadable games, which of course you keep forever. The rest of the benefits are gravy, but the "free" games (as long as you remain a paid PS+ user) are also a huge benefit. Haven't done much with the cloud storage or auto-patching yet, but I'm more than happy with the PS+ features.

The only reason why I turned off auto-patching was skyrim. Auto-upload saving is off too.... also because of skyrim(huge files):)

[quote name='Lemarfanz']Hmm...but what do people think about PS+ in comparison to XBL? Can we have people weigh in on this issue please?[/QUOTE]

Totally different since you get XBL mainly to game online. And get some extra perks like ability to use Netflix if you have a sub, earlier demos, some gold exclusive sales etc.

Where as online gaming is free on PSN, so with PS+ you're paying for perks like the free games, discounts, automatic updates and patching, cloud save back ups etc.

If I could only go with one I'd go with PS+ as I don't really game online much at all anymore so the free games are of more interest to me.

I'll keep both though as I got around 3 years of free XBL over my hacking debacle last fall/winter. PS+ I'll keep for the free games I'll eventually get around to playing.

PS Plus was totally worth it for me...especially since I got in on the deal to get Jurassic Park free (to keep) for signing up. I've probably saved at least half my subscription fee just on discounts, and the games I've gotten to play for $4 a month certainly made it worth it.

Besides, aren't all digital games essentially extended downloads? They're just digital licenses, pretty much. I mean, in 10 or 20 years, I'll still be able to pull out my Gamecube and pop in Resident Evil 4...but will I still be able to download my copy of RE4 HD? Will PSN even exist and/or carry all of the ps3 content?

[quote name='MR_E']Besides, aren't all digital games essentially extended downloads? They're just digital licenses, pretty much. I mean, in 10 or 20 years, I'll still be able to pull out my Gamecube and pop in Resident Evil 4...but will I still be able to download my copy of RE4 HD? Will PSN even exist and/or carry all of the ps3 content?[/QUOTE]

20 years down the road you'll still be able to pull out your PS3 and boot up your digital copy of RE4 HD as well. And should your system not work after all those years and you hadn't made a backup then I'm sure Capcom will be happy to sell you the latest revision of RE4 running at 4000p for your PS9. ;)

[quote name='rbanez']The only reason why I turned off auto-patching was skyrim. Auto-upload saving is off too.... also because of skyrim(huge files):)[/QUOTE]

Why would you turn off auto-upload? You can turn it off on a game by game basis

[quote name='Wario64']Why would you turn off auto-upload? You can turn it off on a game by game basis[/QUOTE]

Personally, I never use the auto-saving, either (although I don't have it turned totally off...just never use it for games). I prefer to do it manually and overwrite what I want. I'm at the 150MB limit, though, so I annoyingly can't really use the cloud saves for most new games, anymore. They really need to up the quota for people who have a lot of games or games with big saves.

[quote name='Thrinn']20 years down the road you'll still be able to pull out your PS3 and boot up your digital copy of RE4 HD as well. And should your system not work after all those years and you hadn't made a backup then I'm sure Capcom will be happy to sell you the latest revision of RE4 running at 4000p for your PS9. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's true...or would be if I were to upgrade my HD...but, unfortunately, a lot of us with 160GB or under ps3s (or even the 320GB model in some cases) are currently dependent on the ability to re-download games since we have more games/DLC than our systems can hold (especially having to clear out space for some of the plus games like Infamous 2 or Ratchet and Clank, which are 15GB a piece). Granted, I still have RE4 and CV on there and try not to delete those two, so maybe a bad analogy...but still, valid point.

[quote name='MR_E']That's true...or would be if I were to upgrade my HD...but, unfortunately, a lot of us with 160GB or under ps3s (or even the 320GB model in some cases) are currently dependent on the ability to re-download games since we have more games/DLC than our systems can hold (especially having to clear out space for some of the plus games like Infamous 2 or Ratchet and Clank, which are 15GB a piece). Granted, I still have RE4 and CV on there and try not to delete those two, so maybe a bad analogy...but still, valid point.[/QUOTE]

Its well worth it to pick up a cheap 500gb or higher hard drive and just upgrade your 80/120/160 yourself. I did that, and did a full backup of my 160 to an external FAT32 500, then installed a Seagate Momentus 500gb and restored the data; no worries about space for me now, even with those enormous free games.

[quote name='Josh1billion']That's really oversimplifying it. For those of us who intend to continue our subscriptions for the entire period that we're actively playing our PS3's, it more-or-less equates to actual ownership, for all practical purposes.

As for "is it worth $34".. I'd easy pay $80/year for it, let alone $50 or the discounted $34.[/QUOTE]

lol...funny you should say that while at the same time "oversimplifying" my post but cutting it into digestable peices.

Bottom line, it's a rental...with the exception of the "free" glitch someone mentioned earlier. It's nothing more than a full game trial that is not limited to one hour; just limited to you remaining a subscriber.

I also forgot to mention that yes, I love the cloud save feature. Allowed me to game on two different systems in the house. If the wife was occupying the living room I could easily load up in the office. At the same time, I too was "burned" by the whole game on sale for non-subscribers but "free" to subscribers deal. A few games I would have loved to grab for half-off but was instead forced into the "free" rental.

[quote name='inkcil']Although the "free" games are simply glorified rentals, the real value is in the feee things you can keep even if you cancel membership, as well as discounted items and free game trials.

Worth it at $40...[/QUOTE]

call them rentals all you want. there are very few games that take you more then a month to complete, in fact most games are boring and in the zone of " to never be played again" in less then a month. it may be a "rental" but they might as well be free. why would you ever let your subscription lapse when its such an amazing deal?

[quote name='usrevenge']call them rentals all you want. there are very few games that take you more then a month to complete, in fact most games are boring and in the zone of " to never be played again" in less then a month. it may be a "rental" but they might as well be free. why would you ever let your subscription lapse when its such an amazing deal?[/QUOTE]

Agreed! This is what I don't understand; people refer to the PS+ free games as "glorified rentals", but when you can "rent" them for months and months (longer if you re-up), then who cares? I understand people who want to "own" games, I'm that way myself; but when you have free play on games for this long, it really isn't the same as a Redbox or Gamefly rental, which lasts a few days, or a week or two.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Agreed! This is what I don't understand; people refer to the PS+ free games as "glorified rentals", but when you can "rent" them for months and months (longer if you re-up), then who cares? I understand people who want to "own" games, I'm that way myself; but when you have free play on games for this long, it really isn't the same as a Redbox or Gamefly rental, which lasts a few days, or a week or two.[/QUOTE]

This is the same thing that went on at N4G one time but it was xbox fanboys telling ps fanboys that it was a rip off and enjoy their "rentals" that they get for "free for $50/year" but someone replied about it being a choice to use the service and that they're not FORCED to use the service, unlike xbox guys just to access the online portion of a game they already spent cash on along with the internet service they already pay for. There was also mention of something along the lines of: "It's just like Netflix, you have all the access to them as long as you're paying for it, but once you stop...you no longer have it, but when you renew it they're right there again like any other subscription-based service." To each their own though, but there are some PS+ Games that never expire once you get them, just have to check and see which they are, 3 of mine that I got were that didn't expire with my free month of PS+ were Shank 2, Simpsons Arcade, and I don't remember name of the last one.

Sure they might not be interesting to some of you, but hey, free is free. :lol:

A person doesn't own the movies they watch on Starz, they pay a premium for access to them. If they don't want to pay the premium, or if they still want to watch that movie 10 years from now, then they are welcome to just go out and buy the DVD.

It's the same with PS+.

got best buy to pm with no problem just showed them my phone with the price and i was good to go :)

now im ps+ till next year september

[quote name='Ninjouzata']This is the same thing that went on at N4G one time but it was xbox fanboys telling ps fanboys that it was a rip off and enjoy their "rentals" that they get for "free for $50/year" but someone replied about it being a choice to use the service and that they're not FORCED to use the service, unlike xbox guys just to access the online portion of a game they already spent cash on along with the internet service they already pay for. There was also mention of something along the lines of: "It's just like Netflix, you have all the access to them as long as you're paying for it, but once you stop...you no longer have it, but when you renew it they're right there again like any other subscription-based service." To each their own though, but there are some PS+ Games that never expire once you get them, just have to check and see which they are, 3 of mine that I got were that didn't expire with my free month of PS+ were Shank 2, Simpsons Arcade, and I don't remember name of the last one.

Sure they might not be interesting to some of you, but hey, free is free. :lol:[/QUOTE]

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the PS+ offering the free rentals (only) for as long as you subscribe, it's just that I don't pretend they are truly free - I call them what they are. As for the Simpsons Arcade, I had that too and when my subscription expired it was GONE. By the way, I have no resaon not beleive you when you said you got to keep yours for free; but since it's not UNIVERSAL chalk it up to a glitch in the system and not something that fits under the PS+ "Reasons to subscribe" category.

[quote name='melancholysp']A person doesn't own the movies they watch on Starz, they pay a premium for access to them. If they don't want to pay the premium, or if they still want to watch that movie 10 years from now, then they are welcome to just go out and buy the DVD.

It's the same with PS+.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's amazing how defensive some (not all) people are about a rental bening called what it is - a rental. That's not attacking PS+ anymore than when you say the 30% discounts are 30% discounts.

[quote name='usrevenge']call them rentals all you want. there are very few games that take you more then a month to complete, in fact most games are boring and in the zone of " to never be played again" in less then a month. it may be a "rental" but they might as well be free. why would you ever let your subscription lapse when its such an amazing deal?[/QUOTE]

With some of the adjectives you sused to describe the games, I can't quite tell by your first few sentences if you think the rentals are a good deal or not.

There are lots of things I like about the service on a whole as mentioned earlier; the reason I let my subscription lapse is that I'm a CAG and I haven't found a great deal on a subsciption card. I had the free trial subsciption for 30 days, then I decided to re-up for 3 months at $18 to give it a good test drive. So I got 4 months for $18, or $4.50 a month. If I could get 12 months for $3/month or less that would be a GREAT deal on the service, IMO.

It all depends on how you value the services. Here's my breakdown from my 4 month test drive (which was plenty of time to gague how much I "valued" the service). Keep in mind that I was hoping to break even on real savings in terms of dollars, not just the "personal value," which is extremley subjective:

1.)Cloud service - a great service, especially if you experienced the horror of YLOD - holds a personal value to me of $0.50 cents/month

2.)Automatic updates - nice perk but something I could live without; holds a personal value to me of $0.00/month

3.) Free game trials - only had a desire to "trial" about 5 games; I feel one hour is too short but it was better than nothing - holds a personal value to me of $0.10 cents per "trial." (Remember, I can rent a game on Saturday at Noon from Blockbuster then bring it back Sunday at Mindnight for pnly $0.99 cents).

4.) 30% off (and higher) discounts - This totally depends on personal experience - I saved $7,50 with the Ps+ exclusive discounts.

5.) Free rentals - I downloaded about 10 free games (some of which also had demos) that are (ALL) now unavailable to me since the subscription lapsed. Holds a personal value to me of $0.10 cents a rental, especially since most game were in fact "boring/games I played once and never again."

6.) Free themes and avatars - these you actually get to keep after subscription lapses, so it's actually FREE! Nice but since I'm not big on themes and avatars, holds no value to me.

7.) Early access to stuff - not important to me so holds no value.

So i paid $18 and got about $10.50 value out of it (only $7.50 of which was REAL DOLLARS SAVED out of my wallet)...not worth it to me personally to subscribe for a whole year at $50.

So after 3 months of paid service, I got $3.50 a month out of it. And keep in mind, as a CAG I don't want to just "break even" with my gaming purchases, I'm very accustomed to coming out ahead.

[quote name='Ninjouzata']This is the same thing that went on at N4G one time but it was xbox fanboys telling ps fanboys that it was a rip off and enjoy their "rentals" that they get for "free for $50/year" but someone replied about it being a choice to use the service and that they're not FORCED to use the service, unlike xbox guys just to access the online portion of a game they already spent cash on along with the internet service they already pay for. There was also mention of something along the lines of: "It's just like Netflix, you have all the access to them as long as you're paying for it, but once you stop...you no longer have it, but when you renew it they're right there again like any other subscription-based service." To each their own though, but there are some PS+ Games that never expire once you get them, just have to check and see which they are, 3 of mine that I got were that didn't expire with my free month of PS+ were Shank 2, Simpsons Arcade, and I don't remember name of the last one.

Sure they might not be interesting to some of you, but hey, free is free. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Netflix, I thought I read if the people with Xbox don't have the gold membership, they can't watch it on their console. Seriously:roll:?!. If so, LMFAO.

Within the year since my membership, I have personally save over $80+ on discounts alone. Now with all the free so-called rentals I have played and beaten, that value alone is well over $150+. with the addition of there's and avatars well over $25. Mind you these are conservative estimates. So to me the value of a $50 purchase is well over $250+

Much like anything in life the value of anything is based on what you put into it.

EDIT: yup non gold members can't use most of lives apps. Ironically gold adds more ads to live

[quote name='inkcil']lol...funny you should say that while at the same time "oversimplifying" my post but cutting it into digestable peices.

Bottom line, it's a rental...with the exception of the "free" glitch someone mentioned earlier. It's nothing more than a full game trial that is not limited to one hour; just limited to you remaining a subscriber.[/QUOTE]
You missed my point entirely.

Sony REALLY needs to upgrade that 150MB Cloud Storage to 200MB or 250MB. Skyrim, Deus Ex, and Fallout 3 are taking up a huge chunk of my Cloud Storage, leaving me with only a few megs left.

[quote name='JMusic']Also, and the reason I decided against getting PS+ a while back, if an item goes on sale for 99% off for everyone, but for PS+ members is free, you can't buy it for 99% off as a permanent purchase. So it can actually prevent you from getting deals.[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing this complaint.. but.. if I remember right, every account on each PS3 (ie.. master acct and sub accts) can access any game that resides on that machine. So all someone would need to do is use whichever account doesn't have Plus to purchase any ridiculously priced sale item they wanted to keep... No?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Speaking of Netflix, I thought I read if the people with Xbox don't have the gold membership, they can't watch it on their console. Seriously:roll:?!. If so, LMFAO.[/QUOTE]

LOL@XBoxGold Foolz!!! Wait, I'm Xbox Gold as well as PS+ . . . :lol:

I Upgraded my PS3 recently With a 1TB HDD for only $60.

Backed my Data up on an external HDD and sold it when i was done. Also sold the ps3's original 320gb hard drive. Came out ahead.

I can't believe in this thread actually hating on PS+.... 4 Star games for free. Infamous 2, LBP 2, etc..

So if PS+ IS A "RENTAL" service then what is the business you give to Gamestop or Bestbuy?

You play your game then you trade it back. Basically renting it. (Because if you intended on owning the game for life, trading it back would have never crossed your mind)

Except with PS+ the games are free for however long your subscription is. The subscription pays for itself.

And i'm kind of peeved at people slinging the word CAG" around. I'm a "cag" this, i'm a "cag" that, I won't buy it because i'm a cag, etc..

If you are a True "CAG" you would see the true value in PS+ and not complain about it. There have been numerous deals throughout the year to get a yearly subscription for cheap.

I don't see how anybody who calls themselves a "CAG" would own an XBOX(

[quote name='Icedawg']I keep hearing this complaint.. but.. if I remember right, every account on each PS3 (ie.. master acct and sub accts) can access any game that resides on that machine. So all someone would need to do is use whichever account doesn't have Plus to purchase any ridiculously priced sale item they wanted to keep... No?[/QUOTE]
No. It would have to be the account that has Plus attached to it in order to get the sale price. But if it's a 'free' game from Plus, then it goes to a low sale price for Plus members you can't buy it for that low price, which makes no fuckin' sense whatsoever. Why give people the game 'free' and then put it on sale for super cheap and then not allow them to buy it for the low price?:roll:

Backed my Data up on an external HDD and sold it when i was done. Also sold the ps3's original 320gb hard drive. Came out ahead.

I can't believe in this thread actually hating on PS+.... 4 Star games for free. Infamous 2, LBP 2, etc..

So if PS+ IS A "RENTAL" service then what is the business you give to Gamestop or Bestbuy?

You play your game then you trade it back. Basically renting it. (Because if you intended on owning the game for life, trading it back would have never crossed your mind)

Except with PS+ the games are free for however long your subscription is. The subscription pays for itself.

And i'm kind of peeved at people slinging the word CAG" around. I'm a "cag" this, i'm a "cag" that, I won't buy it because i'm a cag, etc..

If you are a True "CAG" you would see the true value in PS+ and not complain about it. There have been numerous deals throughout the year to get a yearly subscription for cheap.

[quote name='doc_j88']And i'm kind of peeved at people slinging the word CAG" around. I'm a "cag" this, i'm a "cag" that, I won't buy it because i'm a cag, etc..

If you are a True "CAG" you would see the true value in PS+ and not complain about it.[/QUOTE]
You're combining an absolute label ("true") with the subjective standard of the perception of value. A better standard for a "true" CAG would be if a particular individual shares your views or not. Those that aren't buying into PS+ probably don't think you're a true CAG for paying for the service.

PS+ may offer some great games like Infamous 2 & LBP2, but to someone who is only into puzzle games those titles might do little to justify a $50 annual subscription. Some would rather spend their money buying specific games that they know they'd enjoy rather than getting random games for free that will eventually expire. Again, it's all personal preference.

[quote name='JustinSaneV2']Not as good as their $15 "deal" from last year :D[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I got 2 years for $30.

[quote name='inkcil']Although the "free" games are simply glorified rentals, the real value is in the feee things you can keep even if you cancel membership, as well as discounted items and free game trials.

Worth it at $40...[/QUOTE]

you don't keep the movies you get from netflix either

so is this on sale anymore or not? the site didnt show anything and i wanna know if driving to target to find its not on sale

[quote name='Draknight']Within the year since my membership, I have personally save over $80+ on discounts alone. Now with all the free so-called rentals I have played and beaten, that value alone is well over $150+. with the addition of there's and avatars well over $25. Mind you these are conservative estimates. So to me the value of a $50 purchase is well over $250+

Much like anything in life the value of anything is based on what you put into it.

EDIT: yup non gold members can't use most of lives apps. Ironically gold adds more ads to live[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chimpmeister']LOL@XBoxGold Foolz!!! Wait, I'm Xbox Gold as well as PS+ . . . :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh my!:whistle2:# Paying twice for Netflix FTW!

[quote name='doc_j88']I Upgraded my PS3 recently With a 1TB HDD for only $60.

[quote name='doc_j88']How do you guys feel about my rental/trading comparison? Any Valid points?[/QUOTE]I don't trade in games.

Anyways, if ya get the subscription to plus at a discounted rate, you're being a real CAG, I suppose. If someone got a subscription for a couple of games and stayed subscribed for a year, they may be paying over the cost of buying the games in a different sale and having the physical product. Though I don't see why someone would do that.

I just feel like a lot of what they offer, at least the full retail games, you can just buy for pretty cheap in a good sale without being tied into Sony's service. I like hunting for cheap games, it's all part of the experience with me. I like having the physical game. I like having sealed copies to barter with or sell. If I had plus, I'd feel that I'd have to play that free stuff a whole bunch to get my money's worth, when if I bought it for cheap, it can just sit there until I'm ready.

I dunno, just my 2 pesos.

Dag nammit. This thread is, STILL, going?! Well, this makes me mad as a dandily heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bomb:

Therefore, I shall keep coming in here, stressing my self out over nothing, and maybe that will get you all to stop this thread.:argue:

LOL!

How is 150MB not enough? You all should have a flash drive. I only use the cloud save for games I'm still working on or copy protected saves. There's no reason to have a completed save in your cloud space when you can put it on a flash drive.

Somebody should move this thread to other group since the deal ain't gonna happen anyway. That said, let me say a bit why i like Ps+. :)

If you check the games that you will get for nothing in +, it's actually cheaper to get the 3 month sub(i suggest 12 month) dl those, than to buy them all (if you like those games) and hope somebody buys it from you at a good price. Not to mention once your + sub expires, and you renew it(whenever you feel like it) you will regain access to those "free" stuff you got. If you're a typical (note: Typical. Not a CAGer, those are savvy and smart buyers:D) buy/trade-in guy that's quite a huge money lost.

In my case since PS3 is my only console and my source for anything dl only games, probably the worst thing that could happen to my 1 year PS+ sub is to break-even. And i got more stuff/discount than what the $40 i paid for in less than 2 months. Ps+ turned out better for me than what i was expecting.

And not trolling but why would i pay for $40-$60 for XBL gold w/c basically a glorified Online pass for a game that will probably also require to have an online pass. It's like paying an online pass for an online pass. It also doesn't offer discounts like +, isn't it? If you don't think + is a great value and is a big ripoff, then what xbl gold is. With that said i really think xbox live is a great value too, it's just + is a better deal.

The ps+ downside is that sony is the one choosing which "free"(or rented) games you get (most of them are great btw), and not every PSN item has PS+ discount. Also + sub alone will not suffice my (or probably everybody's) gaming needs, i think everybody on + will still def. need to buy and trade-in a physical copy because sony can't offer every deal on +. But since i already got more than what i paid for, and my "free" games/items library just keeps on getting massive, I will definitely renew it. (maybe not immediately, but i still will)

And yeah... move this thread already lol.

bread's done
Back