*Possibly Dead* Xbox 360 holiday bundle $199 at Newegg 11/24

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Didn't see it posted.

(NewEgg.com) - Xbox 360 250GB HOLIDAY BUNDLE - Halo: Reach download code, Fable III, 3 months of Xbox Live GOLD = $199.99 + Free Shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105055

@New customers: $10 off orders over $50 with "newcustomer10"

free 2 day shipping with shoprunner
free 3 day UPS without shoprunner (least I think as I clicked through quickly)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....116040769167.96667.5585759167&type=1&theater

People are reporting checking out but receiving cancellations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I really didn't want to have to go in-store at BB to try and get this. If Amazon doesn't do this deal, then at least I have another option.

Btw.. don't they always offer free shipping? I dont' recall ever paying for shipping on anything, but I've always just ordered games. I just went to their page and added it and free shipping was available.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Good, this at least promises Amazon will do the same (I would hope)[/QUOTE]

They didn't. Their deals are on the 4GB version

I got excited, but it's $299 with a $100 gift card, which is still good, but not as good as the $199 mentioned in the post title.

[quote name='Redeema']I got excited, but it's $299 with a $100 gift card, which is still good, but not as good as the $199 mentioned in the post title.[/QUOTE]

the ad scan says "instant savings" I don't see that listed as a gift card...

[quote name='Redeema']I got excited, but it's $299 with a $100 gift card, which is still good, but not as good as the $199 mentioned in the post title.[/QUOTE]

No gift card mentioned in the ad.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']They didn't. Their deals are on the 4GB version[/QUOTE]
Not all of the deals are done. And it's not like they've said their only deals are going to be on the 4 gb systems.

I thought I was able to do a close up of the ad and instead it took me to the next photo, which was a different offer for the 4 GB bundle with $100 gift card, my mistake.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Not all of the deals are done. And it's not like they've said their only deals are going to be on the 4 gb systems.[/QUOTE]

True. Was just disappointed that they didn't match this for sure... Yet.

Thought since 2 major competitors did this deal they would have given it to cheapy

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Bfads.net has Newegg.com listed to have online deals go live in about 15 minutes.[/QUOTE]
Ssshhh. Let people know after your purchase. ;)

im debating between this and the 4gb system with kinect, i have two siblings so im wondering which one would be better, any ideas

forgot to tell you that this would be for the family as I have my own one in my room, im looking for a "family" xbox and wondering what you think would be the better one, thanks to everyone for the input

[quote name='juas003']im debating between this and the 4gb system with kinect, i have two siblings so im wondering which one would be better, any ideas[/QUOTE]

the only difference is the hard drive and games. If you don't want either of the games, and you don't plan on a lot of dlc then get the kinect one. 4G is fine for saves and such, but you won't get much dlc on it.

[quote name='juas003']im debating between this and the 4gb system with kinect, i have two siblings so im wondering which one would be better, any ideas[/QUOTE]
If anybody in your household considers themselves a gamer there going to end up buying dlc and installing games. This is going to entail buying a new hardrive. If your tech savey there might be a way to upgrade it cheaply but if not the 250 gb will end up cheaper. I'm not taking into consideration the kinect because I don't think highly of it to be honest.

[quote name='dmdragon']the only difference is the hard drive and games. If you don't want either of the games, and you don't plan on a lot of dlc then get the kinect one. 4G is fine for saves and such, but you won't get much dlc on it.[/QUOTE]

Also don't forget you won't be able to install games. Right now I love being able to demo games like kinectimals to see if my daughter will like it before I buy it. With a 4GB you won't even be able to fit 1 demo in it.

Also won't be able to install games from disc so your DVD drive will be spinning the whole time which will wear it down faster. It is also more stressfull on the Xbox to read a DVD then read it from the HDD if you install it. Meaning hotter xbox and slightly slower load times.

All that being said it is more just my anal retentiveness and many people are fine with just a 4GB.

[quote name='barrit']I also just looked up a 250gb harddrive and it sells for about 100, so keep that in mind.[/QUOTE]

Just bought an external Samsung Blu-Ray burner for $100. Can't beat that.

[quote name='barrit']I also just looked up a 250gb harddrive and it sells for about 100, so keep that in mind.[/QUOTE]

Same amount as a kinect... So it's basically moot as far as upgrading later.

It's ultimately easier to just get the 250gb one. You don't have to worry about it. The kinect really only has 2 games worth getting and will probably get cheaper.

Not really

The kinect bundle has 2 games with it, but the 99.99 kinect at target has 4 games with it and the sensor. So get the 250 gig and then the target kinect bundle and for 300 you got the same as a kinect bundle + HD and 2 extra games.

yeah i think im leaning for the 250gb one plus its never to late for them to get on and play some halo, lol. now a quick question do you guys recommend upgrading my xbox live membership to a family one, do they all have to be on the same console?? ill probably get my sister that works at target get them the kinect then. the only good thing is i work overnights and will be checking the site constantly throughout the night to get one

[quote name='juas003']yeah i think im leaning for the 250gb one plus its never to late for them to get on and play some halo, lol. now a quick question do you guys recommend upgrading my xbox live membership to a family one, do they all have to be on the same console??[/QUOTE]

No. The deals really only come out for the regular gold ($30-$40 for a 1 yr). It's fine if they want their own profiles but just use 1 for Playing online. That's what my family does and it's not a big deal.

that is true, so i guess for the time being they would use the 3 month live card and then ill buy them a 1 yr gold which they will pretty much only use for netflix, since apparently my lil bro cant get enough power rangers.

[quote name='DertyFoot']So when on Friday should we expect this to go live? Haven't really been paying attention to the Newegg deals.[/QUOTE]

It goes live thursday

[quote name='DertyFoot']Thanks. Any specific time though? Time Zone?[/QUOTE]

Newegg is based in Cali so I would assume midnight pacific time, maybe?

Some emails have said it started today at 3pm pst today. So I'm not really sure

Oh meant to add that this wasn't true of this bundle.

Xbox 360 250 GB Fable/Reach bundle is still $299. I'll check again later. If I can get one at that price, I'm in. Especially with no tax and free shipping. Better than Amazon's 4GB lighting deal and needing to get an HDD (and no free games).

bread's done
Back