Post if you want to be in the Halo 2 tournament.

[quote name='radjago']Where do the losers from Matches 10,11, and 12 go? If they are from the winner's bracket and they lose the match, they need to go to the loser's bracket. You're mixing the 2 brackets at round 4. It shouldn't happen until the last round ideally.[/QUOTE]

sigh....i'm really tired pointing out things over and over. here's the deal, winner of match 7 must play winner of match 1. winner of match 1 needs to win once against match 7 but winner of match 7 MUST beat winner of match 1 TWICE. same goes for match 8 and 9 winners facing match 2 and 3 winners. there's no loser bracket for match 10, 11, and 12. in the finals, the teams will do double elimination again.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Speaking of the tourney, Led/Kado, you guys good to go Thursday at 4 CT? Let us know, if its not played then, it may not be until next Tuesday before it gets played.[/QUOTE]

I got work at 6, so as long as it gets done by then, I'm down.

[quote name='Arikado']I got work at 6, so as long as it gets done by then, I'm down.[/QUOTE]

i probably wouldn't count on it. You should seeds in the bracket based on the bookie odds even if you don't use them, just so people see who they're up against and what the upsets were, etc.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Speaking of the tourney, Led/Kado, you guys good to go Thursday at 4 CT? Let us know, if its not played then, it may not be until next Tuesday before it gets played.[/QUOTE]

I thought the plan was Friday at 4 CST? I'll be at school at that time on Thursday.

Tuesday's gonna be the same situation as Thursday. What in the blue hell happened to Friday at 4?

[quote name='Ledhed']I thought the plan was Friday at 4 CST? I'll be at school at that time on Thursday.

Tuesday's gonna be the same situation as Thursday. What in the blue hell happened to Friday at 4?[/QUOTE]

I didn't know of any mention of Friday, until about 5 minutes ago when I checked up on the thread's previous page and saw this

[quote name='Ledhed']I can do 4 on Friday, and I don't see why 'Kado wouldn't be able to either. It's gotta be at 4 if not earlier though. I have work at 6 that evening.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how likely it is I'll be around Friday and any early than 4 CT, is cutting into my sleep schedule. We'll see what happens.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I don't know how likely it is I'll be around Friday and any early than 4 CT, is cutting into my sleep schedule. We'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

If 4 on Friday was going to be a problem, why did you even list it as an option in the first place?

[quote name='Ledhed']If 4 on Friday was going to be a problem, why did you even list it as an option in the first place?[/QUOTE]
Probably the same reason he did this even though he knew before hand what the gametypes were.
[quote name='craven_fiend']Oh I'm sure that there isn't. Especially with the matches Kado and Led have against Shady and I.

All 3 of the are slayer, and 1 just happens to be a rifle slayer on lockout. 500 VBookie bucks down the drain, oh well.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty strange.

Just be sure to let me know when you guys agree on dates to play, so I can set up the gametypes. It doesn't really matter what order round one is played in.

I won't be here on Saturday.

[quote name='Ledhed']If 4 on Friday was going to be a problem, why did you even list it as an option in the first place?[/QUOTE]

I don't man, sometimes life happens, outside of Halo 2. I had something come up that is way more important than Halo 2, or any videogame for that matter. I may or may not be around on Friday at or before 4, it all depends how long it takes for what I need to do.

[quote name='zewone']Probably the same reason he did this even though he knew before hand what the gametypes were.[/QUOTE]

And what exactly is this supposed to mean Z? That I did this, despite knowing what the gametypes were? I figured I had a decent chance of not getting a slayer match up, let alone 3 of them and one of which just happens to be Led/Kado's profession.

So I ask again, what is the meaning of your quote?

[quote name='craven_fiend']
And what exactly is this supposed to mean Z?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Trakan']Didn't you know who you were facing and what gametypes you were playing before Jim made the vBookie topic?[/QUOTE]
The same question trak asked a couple of pages back you didn't answer.

[quote name='zewone']The same question trak asked a couple of pages back you didn't answer.[/QUOTE]

I must have missed that question. I thought you were assuming I just didn't know what the hell was going on at all.

And to answer Trakan's question, yeah....I knew who we were facing and what the match type was, I was being a smart ass. Hell if by some fluke Shayde and I do win, I get the vbucks. Its all good either way. Not too worried about fake money. Now real money on the other hand, I'd probably bet on Rabbitt and Brak, but thats just me, I won't bet on a 1 to 1, nothing to gain.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I'd probably bet on Rabbitt and Brak, but thats just me, I won't bet on a 1 to 1, nothing to gain.[/QUOTE]I think they've got me and Fez first round, so they'd have to start with a loss.;)

Any time you guys are ready, talk to your opponents and schedule a date. As soon as I get the first match's date and time, I'll make a third and final topic.

[quote name='rabbitt']Any time you guys are ready, talk to your opponents and schedule a date. As soon as I get the first match's date and time, I'll make a third and final topic.[/QUOTE]

I think we've got a 4 CT tomorrow time frame set to play. If not, then I have no clue when it will get played, as this weekend is going to be pretty damn busy for me.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I think we've got a 4 CT tomorrow time frame set to play. If not, then I have no clue when it will get played, as this weekend is going to be pretty damn busy for me.[/QUOTE]

So, that's a definite? We're doing it tomorrow at 4 CST?

[quote name='Ledhed']So, that's a definite? We're doing it tomorrow at 4 CST?[/QUOTE]

No promises, but I will definitely try to be there. I'll know more in the morning. If you see me post in here from anywhere between 2-6, then it won't be a problem. However, if you see me post after 6:30, then I will be cutting it close. It all comes down to whether or not I work a full night or half night, as I have to get my gfs b-day presents during the day.

But again, I will do my best to be there at or around 4, if I'm not there by 4:15 or so, then I won't be around, but I'll do everything I can to get this in tomorrow.

[quote name='craven_fiend']No promises, but I will definitely try to be there. I'll know more in the morning. If you see me post in here from anywhere between 2-6, then it won't be a problem. However, if you see me post after 6:30, then I will be cutting it close. It all comes down to whether or not I work a full night or half night, as I have to get my gfs b-day presents during the day.

But again, I will do my best to be there at or around 4, if I'm not there by 4:15 or so, then I won't be around, but I'll do everything I can to get this in tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Cool. If you know you won't be able to, try to tell us as soon as possible please.

[quote name='Ledhed']Cool. If you know you won't be able to, try to tell us as soon as possible please.[/QUOTE]

I shouldn't have a problem being on at 4. Especially since I just got off of work for the night.

wll the Xbox is running albeit slightly retarded. I'd call it a Schiavo Box right now. but what I'm planning on doing is popping in a solderless, switching the hardrives and ghosting ALL of the info from the old one onto the new one including the serial number. and it's only going to cost me 25 bucks.

[quote name='Girion47']wll the Xbox is running albeit slightly retarded. I'd call it a Schiavo Box right now. but what I'm planning on doing is popping in a solderless, switching the hardrives and ghosting ALL of the info from the old one onto the new one including the serial number. and it's only going to cost me 25 bucks.[/QUOTE]

You'll more than likely be banned from Live then. There is a file that is specific for every Xbox called an eeprom. And once you log onto Xbox Live your eeprom and HD are stored and if you ever log onto Xbox Live again with the same eeprom and a different hard drive there is a high chance you would be banned.

I don't know if that is exactly how it goes, but I do know if log onto Live with one hard drive, then replace that hard drive theres a good chance you'd be banned.

that's why I'm copying everything from the old harddrive. make it identical to the new one, the new one will be an official Xbox harddrive anyway. and if it doesnt work? I'm just giving up on Microsoft all together. I'll keep the account but wont use it for a long time and start playing WoW. might be the end of my Halo 2 career.

I think MS matches the eeprom with the exact hard drive, like the model, serial number, etc. I don't think they check the contents of the hard drive, because if they did thousands other people would probably be banned also for using non-stock hard drive and having games stored on the HD. But, maybe you or whomever is helping you do it knows what they are doing, and good luck to you.

Also, for the Halo 2 tourney I'll probably be on around 3:00 - 3:30 for a few warm-up games, and then we can play our matches.

Ok, this match is not meant to happen.

I just spoke to 'Kado, and he got called in to work (the guy he's covering for had to drive his grandmother to the hospital), so no match today. Let us know when you guys can play over the weekend or next week, and hopefully we can find a time to reschedule.

[quote name='Ledhed']Ok, this match is not meant to happen.

I just spoke to 'Kado, and he got called in to work (the guy he's covering for had to drive his grandmother to the hospital), so no match today. Let us know when you guys can play over the weekend or next week, and hopefully we can find a time to reschedule.[/QUOTE]

Alright. I may be available to play at some point late night tonight or during the day tomorrow. Sunday and Monday are definitely off limits for me. I may be able to get this in Wednesday, but it will definitely have to be at 4 again.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Alright. I may be available to play at some point late night tonight or during the day tomorrow. Sunday and Monday are definitely off limits for me. I may be able to get this in Wednesday, but it will definitely have to be at 4 again.[/QUOTE]

What time might you be available tonite? Me and 'Kado should definitely be available after 11 CST.

I'll be around till probably about midnight tonight. Tommorrow I have to work all day till 7 and Sunday I work 3-7. Not sure about next week though.

[quote name='rabbitt']Tomorrow, Saturday there will be no games. We can work something out tonight if you guys want to.[/QUOTE]

Why do we need to have someone there to set up the gametypes? Why can't we just set them up ourselves, and link the resulting games? It's difficult enough as it is getting everyone together on the same day, and the weekend is the most likely time that people won't have conflicting schedules. So tell me, why is Saturday out of bounds?

[quote name='Ledhed']What time might you be available tonite? Me and 'Kado should definitely be available after 11 CST.[/QUOTE]

No guarantees on being here at 11 tonight, but it might be possible, if I don't hang out with my friends, after QT with the gf is done. I'll switch over to appearing online on here, that way if you see me on around then, I'll be home and getting ready to hop on and play.

[quote name='Ledhed']Why do we need to have someone there to set up the gametypes? Why can't we just set them up ourselves, and link the resulting games? It's difficult enough as it is getting everyone together on the same day, and the weekend is the most likely time that people won't have conflicting schedules. So tell me, why is Saturday out of bounds?[/QUOTE]

agreed...these game types arent that hard to make...just give us the kill limit and things that are different than the default..we can make the games ourselves...the only time i can probably play halo this weekend IS saturday...

As for not being on tomorrow, I will be at a Weezer/Foo Fighters/Kaiser Chiefs concert. I leave at 5:30 p.m. and won't get back until early the next morning.

If you guys are up for making the own gametypes for yourselves:

2v2 Team Slayer:

10 minutes/25 kills

Starting grenades/grenades on map

No vehicles

No overshield or cloak

Team changing off

max players: 4

Starting weapons Map default- secondary None/ weapons on map Map default

death respawn/betrayal/suicide default

Team play: on

I think everything else is default.

2v2 Team Rifles

8 minutes/25 kills

No vehicles

No overshield or cloak

Team changing off

Starting weapons Battle Rifle secondary None/ weapons on map Rifles

2v2 Team Slayer Human

10 minutes/25 kills

No vehicles

No overshield or cloak

Team changing off

Starting weapons smg - secondary None/ weapons on map Human set

[quote name='swetooth9']k thanks...u sure those are the bungie setups? in any event...have fun at the concert[/QUOTE]

Those are the closest I could get to Bungie's.

Originally 30 kills at 12 minutes (2.5 kills a minute),

I changed it to 25 kills at 10 minutes (2.5 kills a minute)

to keep everything proportional.

I'm gonna go double-check and make sure everything is right.

Match Options
Slayer (S) -- 1 round, Score to win round 25, Time 10, rounds reset on, resolve ties on.
Human Slayer (HS) -- 1 round, score to win round 25, time 10, rounds reset on resolve ties on.
Team Rifles (R) -- 1 round, score to win round 25, time 8, rounds reset on, resolve ties on.

Player Options
S -- Max players 4, Lives unlimited, Respawn 5, sucide penalty 5, shield normal, motion senser on, active camo off, extra damage off, damage resistance off.
HS -- Max players 4, Lives unlimited, Respawn 5, sucide penalty 5, shield normal, motion senser on, active camo off, extra damage off, damage resistance off.
R -- Max players 4, Lives unlimited, Respawn 5, sucide penalty 5, shield normal, motion senser on, active camo off, extra damage off, damage resistance off.

Team Options
S -- Team play on, team scoring sum, team changing off, friendly fire on, respawn modifier none, betrayal penalty 10, force even teams on.
HS -- Team play on, team scoring sum, team changing off, friendly fire on, respawn modifier none, betrayal penalty 10, force even teams on.
R -- Team play on, team scoring sum, team changing off, friendly fire on, respawn modifier none, betrayal penalty 10, force even teams on.

Slayer Options
S -- Bonus points off, Suicide point loss on, death point loss off.
HS -- Bonus points off, Suicide point loss on, death point loss off.
R -- Bonus points off, Suicide point loss on, death point loss off.

Vehicle options
S -- Respawn time no respawn, Primary light none, Secondary light none, Primary Heavy none, Banshee off, turret map default, secondary turret map default.
HS -- Respawn time no respawn, Primary light none, Secondary light none, Primary Heavy none, Banshee off, turret map default, secondary turret map default.
R -- Respawn time no respawn, Primary light none, Secondary light none, Primary Heavy none, Banshee off, turret map default, secondary turret map default.

Equipment Options
S -- Starting weapon Map default, secondary none, start grenades on, weapons on map map default, weapon respawn map default, grenades on map map default, overshield off, active camo off.
HS -- starting weapon SMG, secondary weapon none, start grenades on, weapons on map map default, weapon respawn map default, grenades on map on, overshield on, active camo off.
R -- starting weapon Battle Rifle, secondary weapon none, starting grenades on, weapons on map rifles, weapon respawn map default, grenades on map on, overshiled off, active camo off.

There you guys go. Those are just the slayer gametypes. If I need to, I'll post the objective ones too.

crispy and ryan, you guys willing to play today? I can play at anytime today, but not tomorrow. Any day after Sunday would work as well, but the sooner the better for me.

[quote name='Trakan']crispy and ryan, you guys willing to play today? I can play at anytime today, but not tomorrow. Any day after Sunday would work as well, but the sooner the better for me.[/QUOTE]

It will be tough tonight so I'm not positive on that. Famiy 's in house from out of town and today is the day for college apps. I'm off school on Monday so that should be easy for me.

Crymson wanted me to let everyone know that Olrox is his new partner....so....whatever changes needed to be made you should have them happen.

I am available Tuesday from 3 until 8 CT and same with Thursday. Monday and Wednesday are busy days for me. Lets hope we can work something out for one of those 2 days.

[quote name='swetooth9']lol, has anyone actually played any round 1 games yet?[/QUOTE]
Are we supposed to? None of this makes sense and is being handled very poorly. How about next time we try and get a full league set-up before starting the tournament?

Redraft? Reorganize?

Giving anyone a bye in a round is unfair to everyone else. I am not saying just completely redo everything, just next time make it more organized. As it is right now, Rad/Liquid have no match up, so they would end up with a bye, unless there is another team without a a matchup, but then moving them would screw the brackets up.

I guess the ball is in rabbitt's court.

[quote name='swetooth9']lol, has anyone actually played any round 1 games yet?[/QUOTE]

Z and I have been trying since we first heard about the tourney.

bread's done
Back