Post lame April Fools Day Gaming Media Stories Here

VanillaGorilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I just went to GameSpot, and saw a bunch of their April Fools Crap for tommorrow. For some reason it's not showing up anymore, so maybe some buttons got pressed wrong. Anyways, here's some of what I saw:

Rock Band PSP
The Wire The Game
Disney buys rights to Bum Fights, coming to Wii
Microsoft comments on rumors and speculation

And a couple other stupid things I can't remember.

EDIT: Apparently these lame stories are showing up in the News section, but not on the main page, where I originally saw them.

[quote name='gotrice415510']i couldnt find them.....[/quote]It's weird, I saw them in the news section, and now they are gone again.

Another was something about EA and Dysfunctional Family Play.

All quite lame. I am sure GS will have them up later today, or maybe they decided to take them down, since their credibility is already at an all time low?

Even though I refuse to touch WoW again with a 600-foot bamboo stick, Blizz wins at Apr 1 (filtered earlier?), always. I lol'ed at Molten Core--8 directions! Glorious 192i resolution! Different colors! (Maybe!)

SOUND!

And I can definitally see the Tauren Marine being in the retail game as an easter egg/custom map unit/skin. It actually looks really well done!

I think the Gamestop page only shows up for your first visit. Anytime you go back to their April Fools page and click a link it goes right back to the real homepage. I was hoping they had a fake article on The Wire I could read. :)

That wins the internet.

How the Shaq-Fu did they get UbiSoft to let them do this?

I could've sworn I saw this video with Kojima and Jade and she was...interviewing him. But yeah, the 'vibe' was more like your first thought. It probably gives Ubi more cred, they're probably truly big fans, and the games don't really compete with one another.

More real-but-incredible news should be dropped on this day, so that the gamers can debate for at least a few hours whether it's true or not.

[quote name='Chacrana']CAG's front page.[/quote]
What I was going to say.
The one on the front page is pretty stupid. I couldn't even find the amusement to groan.
Really, who is going to believe a site geared towards "Cheap Ass Gamers" is going to charge $100 a year. You have to pull something that's a little believable.

[quote name='dallow']They're fans of each other, and did something similar with MGS3 and Sam.[/quote]

Not to mention, that can do nothing but help Assassin's Creed sales.. Their releases are too far apart to hurt anything.

[quote name='GonzoGamer']What I was going to say.
The one on the front page is pretty stupid. I couldn't even find the amusement to groan.
Really, who is going to believe a site geared towards "Cheap Ass Gamers" is going to charge $100 a year. You have to pull something that's a little believable.[/quote]

yea, i think Cheapy would've tricked more people if the max amount was $50/year. when i saw $100 that was just hilarious.

I don't think Gamespot is even trying, their April Fool's page has crap like "The Pope's gamertag reveiled". Gamefaqs is trying to make it look like it was hacked(& and I wish it really was).

No, sadly, I think they're 'doing their best' with that sort of effort. Either that, or the guys in marketing have compiled and processed the data, and that's the level of intellect that their 'newer, hipper, and more mainstream' crowd can grasp and enjoy.

Viva Gerstmann!

Yeah Kojima is a fan of Assassin's Creed. He and Jade Raymond did an interview on the Kojima Productions Podcast.

[quote name='dallow']They're fans of each other, and did something similar with MGS3 and Sam.[/quote]

When? I want to see.

IGN's most overrated SNES games...seriously, they get paid to write such lame stuff? That's the real Arpil Fool's ojke...

Apparently CAG has two attempts at humor...

bread's done
Back