Post Your Black Friday Stories/Hauls/Pics Here!

Nothing much game wise but I got everything I was planning to get. Major things were the 42" Aquos HDTV from CC ($799), Zune from TRU ($80) and the dvd upconverter from CC.

I didn't shop for video games, but rather stuff for the extended family.

Wal-mart didn't accept a coupon for $5 off Polly Pockets dolls :(
Circuit City wasn't doing returns, exchanges and price-matches today :(
I bought some sweaters from Target; brought them close to my face, they smelled like cigarettes/cologne. :(

Black Friday officially sucks.

Meh. I slept in. Swung by Target around 5pm.

Click $3.99
Office Season One $9.99
Office Season Two $14.99 (this one was hidden)
Ghostbusters 1&2 x2 $5.99/each (one for my gf)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation $5.99

I was happy for Click alone.

I ordered SSX Blur 14.99 BB.com
Went to CC at around 9:30 today and picked up:
Call of Juarez 9.99
Red Steel 9.99
Battleship, connect 4, etc(ds) 9.99
Bust a move deluxe 4.99
Guilty gear judgement 4.99
Sonic rush 9.99
candyland, chutes and ladders,etc(gba for my son) 4.99
Life,Yahtzee and payday(gba for son again) 4.99

then went out of town for awhile

around 3:00 about 2 hours from our house went to large mall

KB Toys
Taito Legends(psp) 14.99
Chaos Field(gc) FREE

TRU
Lemmings(psp) 9.98
Powerplay Pool 9.99 (The wife had to have it!)

Sears
DDR Mario Mix 14.97(X2)!!!

A good day indeed.

[quote name='Theduck']Rockband 79.99[/quote]

the game disc? LOL

anyways *bows*

what kinda magic powers do u have?
$100 off....

Nabbed the last Westinghouse 22" and WD 500GB from Target this morning as well as a 37" Olevia for my parent's room among other stuff.

Might return the first two since we really have no need for them. But both were literally the last ones there, so I just grabbed them for the hell of it... :/

[quote name='Hibikitour']So far I have snagged Gun, Destroy All Humans 2 and The incredibles for $5 each. The last two are for my 6 year old and he will love them.[/quote]
I want the first two oh crap. Where did you buy them? PM me

Well I wanted to earn some brownie points with my future father in law and he had to work today and my fiance's younger sister really wants a Wii so I said let me look at the ad's and I will go and try to score one.

Well of all the major retailers I knew would have them a TV and appliance store American TV (dont know if they are midwest only or national) had games in the ad and they stopped selling games years ago so they got back into it now with the HD hype lol good seeling aspect for the TV's... Well anyways they were opening at 5am and the ad said a minimum 16 per store and I watched this site all day/night to watch and see if anything was posted and googled with no luck so I though hell its quiet and my odds are better....

So I got there at 3am and the line was long as hell due to the TV's and Computers they were selling cheap and not to many people looking for Wii's except the guy behind me.. Well just say I was a tard and did not watch the news the night before to get the forecast so I was not prepared for the cold (were talking 12 degrees out) and within the first hour I almost whimped out but as 4:30am rolled around I got the jolt of hey were going to be in the store soon warm feelings lol. They had store employees come out at 5 mins to 5am to say they did not know this but there was an "ordinance" imposed on the little suburb of the area that banned stores from opening before 6am WTF is that.
So they came out and gave everyone $25 reward cards for having to wait the extra hour so I figured thats cool until you read it and it says" Not valid until 12/26/07-1/31/08 or some crap... I was like wow thanks..

Well a bunch of people left out of anger and I was getting closer in line and was confident. Well alas people started to show up late and skip into the line and when they finally opened the door they made a single file line and were directing people to different area's depending on what you were there for and people were running from the cars right in front of the workers and skipping in and the employee's turned a cheek to it. So after spending another 45 mins in the store they finally announced they only had 16 Wii's and by then I was about 30 in line so I was pissed seeing at 5am when people left they could of easily came out and gave vouchers so people could have left .

At that time I was froze and needed a smoke and to take a leak after standing in the cold for 3 hours so I swung by a Gamestop 2 miles from there and was excited because there was no line but when I walked up there they had a sign saying they had no Wii's (reason for no line) so then from there I sped over to another one and pulled up about 15 mins before they opened and only saw 2 people in line.
Feeling like it was hopeless I asked one of the ladies in line if they said how many Wii's they had and she said the guy said "9" and I was third in line out of 6 people only showing up 15 mins before store opening lol I know that was pure luck and I earned some valuable Kudos from Future father in law.

Well I came home and slept for about 3 hours and then went out with the Fiance for a few hours and this afternoon all the stores were pretty good except for Toys R Us but thats reasonable with it being a big toy store.

So that is my 2007 Black Friday doorbuster/shopping story...

I wasted my times going out this morning.

Went to Target at 6 for the $50 luggage set. I figured who wants luggage on BF they all want electronics. Target only had 3 set and they were all gone before I got in. Wanted House S1+2 for $15 each but people grabbed all those before me. I did pick up the $39 printer. Nothing special but it will do.

Then went to Staples looking for microSD cards. Nothing available. I saw some nasty dirtbag lady grabbing as many memory cards she could. Wonder what she is doing with those. Left with nothing.

Went to FYE for the BOGO TV sets. I was looking for Weeds S2 and whatever else. I thought they opened at 7 but turns out they open at 8. I was not waiting so I went home.

Got on the computer about 7:45 and just thought 'hey wonder if weeds is on sale?' hoping that it would be $19.99 or something at Amazon. Amazon had it for $12.99 which blew me away. Placed the order then realized that House was also on sale. Canceled and ordered House also.

So only:
Target $39 printer

Amazon $13 Weeds S2 and House S1

I'm not going out next year after see what was available online this year. Waste of 2 hours of sleep.

[quote name='Fuzi0n']HAHA, that is my local Best Buy. A guy that I work with told me his friend was there and you can see him somewhere on the video. Fresno is fucking vicous, I didn't even bother going down there this morning.[/quote]

Bragging about living in/near where an Ass like that fat ass lives is usually not something I'm going to tell anyone about...

Best Buy wasn't too bad in my area, only waited in line for an hour and a half and got what I wanted from there:

The Orange Box
Band of Brothers
Borat

Even the line to pay was pretty short since I snagged them quick and headed off. The cashier was still nice and friendly at the time. I hated Circuit City though, don't know what was the problem, but it took them like 5-10 minutes to get each customer rung up, and I ended up waiting like an hour and a half to finally get out. Got:

The Office S. 1&2
Cinderella Man
Dawn of the Dead
Lord of the Rings Trilogy

And anyone from else from Oregon go to that Woodburn Outlet midnight sale? The traffic was rediculous. And the sales sucked.

I picked up DVD's at Target and Circuit City and I bought at staples
2GB PNY Ram for laptop
Targus 256 CD holder
2GB MicroSD
Bluetooth headset

I spent around $11o at Staples and $50 on dvd's.It was pretty awesome!I wanted that DVD System at Circuit City but they only had 2 :(FUcken Bestbuy line was really long to checkout and they only had 4 registers and they were going pretty slow.My laptop is really fast now!

[quote name='schuerm26']Blockbuster by me had all Pre-Played Games 50% off (not a gamerush BB). They had a flyer so it might be all blockbusters over the weekend. Not sure. There prices were insane though so this might be a local thing only.

Picked up this (prices are after the 50% off, though aren't exact due to tax)

Zelda Twilight Princess CUBE $6.50
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires PS2 $6.50
Super Monkey Ball Adventure CUBE $5
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast XBOX $3.50
Simpson's Skateboarding PS2 $5
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology PS2 $6.50
.Hack GU Vol. 3 PS2 $6.50
.Hack GU Vol. 2 PS2 $6.50
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2 $6.50
Shadow Hearts New World PS2 $6.50
.Hack GU Vol. 3 PS2 $6.50
Gladius PS2 $5
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams $6.50
Metal Slug Anthology PS2 $6.50
Metal Saga PS2 $5
Ninja Gaiden Black XBOX $5
Fullmetal Alchemist 2 PS2 $5
Romance Three Kingdoms XI $6.50
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams Discs only $2.50
War of The Monsters Disc Only $2.50

Total $123.17 after tax

DSCN0958.jpg
[/quote] looks like you got an excellent deal considering how there all in there boxes and such.

[quote name='freshzen']Updated my Black Friday score-o-rama[/quote] what was the complete total on the whole thing?

Went to the gamestop at my local mall on a whim at 5am (couldn't really sleep), waited in line about 15-20 minutes with like 8 people. Within about 10 seconds I found used copies of Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's Creed for ps3, and couldn't really decide on what else to get for the free one so I picked up Odin Sphere since I hear so much about it(pretty nifty btw). Since the total under normal circumstances would have been around 150 bucks the guy asked me if Iwanted to get an edge card, since it would probably pay for itself. Who was I to say no.

So in the end I came out with CoD4, Assassin's creed, Odin Sphere, a year subscription to game informer and an edge card for 124 bucks.

Pretty decent I'd think

[quote name='freshzen']Updated my Black Friday score-o-rama[/quote]

600$... i dont get why you bought soooo many duplicate copies, it doesnt seem many of those duplicate copies will sell extremely well to warrant such an over purchase. am i missing something?

On a related note, How much for uncharted? and assasins creed? ;) lol

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']I wasted my times going out this morning.

Went to Target at 6 for the $50 luggage set. I figured who wants luggage on BF they all want electronics. Target only had 3 set and they were all gone before I got in. Wanted House S1+2 for $15 each but people grabbed all those before me. I did pick up the $39 printer. Nothing special but it will do.

Then went to Staples looking for microSD cards. Nothing available. I saw some nasty dirtbag lady grabbing as many memory cards she could. Wonder what she is doing with those. Left with nothing.

Went to FYE for the BOGO TV sets. I was looking for Weeds S2 and whatever else. I thought they opened at 7 but turns out they open at 8. I was not waiting so I went home.

Got on the computer about 7:45 and just thought 'hey wonder if weeds is on sale?' hoping that it would be $19.99 or something at Amazon. Amazon had it for $12.99 which blew me away. Placed the order then realized that House was also on sale. Canceled and ordered House also.

So only:
Target $39 printer

Amazon $13 Weeds S2 and House S1

I'm not going out next year after see what was available online this year. Waste of 2 hours of sleep.[/quote] I don't think the tvs were bogo other than that, sorry. At least you got something.

Woke up and went to Best Buy to find that laptop bag...didn't find it. Then looked around and left after seeing nothing. Almost bought some Spongebob, but passed.

Then I went to Circuit City. Grabbed 2 of the 2gb flash drives and almost got a home theater system but passed on that. Went to look at the line to pay. Tons and tons of people in the line and THREE cashiers so I left, would have been at least an hours wait.

Then I went to Target, like I expected saw nothing. Grabbed some beef jerky and a Pepsi. Neither was on sale, but they sure were tasty.

Then went and browsed Gamestop to possibly take advantage of their Buy 2 Get 1 Free and didn't see anything.

So in the end I ended up with:

One 20oz Pepsi and some Beef Jerky.

Total spent: around $4

So...$8 for SW2 Empires is not a good price? Or $12.50 for Gears? That that is pretty much what I paid for them. DDR Supernova was pretty much $10. Medal of Honor Vanguard was pretty much $6.50.

The thing that made it expensive was me buying games like Warhawk, AC LE, Folklore, Uncharted, RE Umbrella, etc.

I wish I had understood what was going on better--and I saw that 50% off clearance prices in the ad. I could've done even better.

The CompUSA closest to me actually had a computer glitch. My first CompUSA transaction of the day I spend $43.xx on Gears of War, Soul Nomad, Prince of Persia Wii, Medal of Honor Vanguard, Pokemon Ranger, Platypus, GTA Trilogy PS2, and The Bigs Wii. No that is not an exaggeration or a joke, I literally spend $43.23 on those 8 games.

compusarawks.jpg

So far, just House S1 at CC for $12.99. Probably headed to Best Buy and another CC tomorrow (and maybe FYE) to see what's left. Not a big BF for me.

[quote name='freshzen']So...$8 for SW2 Empires is not a good price? Or $12.50 for Gears? That that is pretty much what I paid for them. DDR Supernova was pretty much $10. Medal of Honor Vanguard was pretty much $6.50.

The thing that made it expensive was me buying games like Warhawk, AC LE, Folklore, Uncharted, RE Umbrella, etc.

I wish I had understood what was going on better--and I saw that 50% off clearance prices in the ad. I could've done even better.

The CompUSA closest to me actually had a computer glitch. My first CompUSA transaction of the day I spend $43.xx on Gears of War, Soul Nomad, Prince of Persia Wii, Medal of Honor Vanguard, Pokemon Ranger, Platypus, GTA Trilogy PS2, and The Bigs Wii. No that is not an exaggeration or a joke, I literally spend $43.23 on those 8 games.

compusarawks.jpg
[/quote]

Damn!!! I wish we even had a CompUSA around here. The 'closest' ones to me were Syracuse, NY and out in NJ(either Paramus or Parsippany) and both of those closed. When I was last to Syracuse, the CompUSA was already long since closed, but I remember they used to have TONS of deals on clearance games and guides. Mind you, the rest of the store was woefully overpriced, but that's to be expected.

[quote name='freshzen']

compusarawks.jpg
[/quote]

:drool:

What was the deal supposed to be?
I'm tempted to try it at my CompUSA.

Well there was a combination of 50% off clearance prices and buy 1 get 1 free at CompUSA but like I said this store had/has a computer glitch. I'm going to try and exploit it some more today...basically going to try and walk out with every half decent clearance game they have left.

Best Buy:
Stuntman: Ignition $20

Circuit City:
Call of Juarez $10
Call of Duty 2 $10

Gamestop
Hitman Trilogy $20
Nyko 360 Play and Charge $10

I'm happy with what I got. I would much rather get 6 games for $60 than one game, and I have needed a play and charge kit forever.

Well got up at 4:30am and went to Best Buy and got 6 towers of 100 DVD-R's for $40 total. That's like $7 for 100...great deal. That'll last me for a long while. Then I went over to Walmart and got the Magnavox 1080p Upconvert DVD Player. Had good reviews and I have a nice 1080p TV and I missed out on the $99 Toshiba HD-DVD Player so this was pretty good to last me and I wanted to watch LOTR Trilogy in 1080p anyway.

That's all I attempted. I drove by Target and Toy's R US and the lines were lines were just way too crazy.

[quote name='freshzen']So...$8 for SW2 Empires is not a good price? Or $12.50 for Gears? That that is pretty much what I paid for them. DDR Supernova was pretty much $10. Medal of Honor Vanguard was pretty much $6.50.

compusarawks.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Aw, I want Soul Nomad. :cry:

I got to Circuit City about 5 minutes before they opened and there were probably 1000 people in line. There were tents, sleeping bags, folding chairs, newspapers and coffee cups everywhere. I waited for the line to come within 100 yards of the door and then went to the end. I figured that the Nexxtech 50 packs of DVD-Rs I was there for would be long gone once I finally got in as this CC has been crap since it opened and I figured they wouldn't have more than a couple dozen spindles to begin with. I was pleasantly surprised. I got $50.76 worth, 600 total discs, and there were probably 500 to 1000 spindles left. Then came the search for the end of the checkout line. I eventually came to the VCR and DVD player section and asked an employee where the line was. To my amazement there was a checkout right there and no one was in line.
My only other stop was Big Lots. My dad wanted a DVD recorder/ VCR for $79.99 and he was ignorant to say he was going at 10:00 to get one. I got there at 6:35 and got one of 3 that were left. It's a Symphonic, it's refurbished, and it doesn't have a digital tuner. I would have passed, but he's so cheap he wouldn't give more than $80 for one.
It was a great day though. I got everything I went out for and didn't freeze in the 25 degree weather waiting in lines.

What was the brand of the DVD-Rs at Best Buy? I didn't realize they had a deal on them, but it would have cost me $15-20 to drive there so I'm extremely happy with my CC haul.

Picked up the following:

online:
4GB Sandisk MSPD Bestbuy.com $35
PS3 Sixaxis amazon.com $25 Shipped
Zune 30GB Dell.com $104 shipped

CC instore:
Zelda Ds Bundle CC instore $139.99
Guitar Hero 2 Bundle 360 $59.99
Uncharted Drakes Fortune $59.99
Call of Duty 2 Special Edition $9.99
Gamers Club Card $19.99

Sears In store:
Family Guy ps2 $19.99 (might return this one)
Resident evil remake $15.00

Ah my wallet is crying lol.

[quote name='ragtop70']What was the brand of the DVD-Rs at Best Buy? I didn't realize they had a deal on them, but it would have cost me $15-20 to drive there so I'm extremely happy with my CC haul.[/quote]

:shock:
How far away is it or what do you drive?

[quote name='s0undwav3']Well got up at 4:30am and went to Best Buy and got 6 towers of 100 DVD-R's for $40 total. That's like $7 for 100...great deal. That'll last me for a long while. Then I went over to Walmart and got the Magnavox 1080p Upconvert DVD Player. Had good reviews and I have a nice 1080p TV and I missed out on the $99 Toshiba HD-DVD Player so this was pretty good to last me and I wanted to watch LOTR Trilogy in 1080p anyway.

That's all I attempted. I drove by Target and Toy's R US and the lines were lines were just way too crazy.[/quote]

Hey, can you tell me how these upconvert players look on your 1080p tv? I've been looking in to getting one since I just bought a new 1080p dlp about two months ago, but I'm not sure if they're even worth it.

[quote name='ragtop70']
What was the brand of the DVD-Rs at Best Buy? I didn't realize they had a deal on them, but it would have cost me $15-20 to drive there so I'm extremely happy with my CC haul.[/quote]

As someone else already said.....DAMN...........what are you driving that it sucks up that much gas? A Humvee? A suped up sports car? What?

I gotta hear the explanation to this, since wherever we have a Circuit City around here, we have a Best Buy less than 2 miles from there.

For me CC is a 25 mile trip, but Best Buy is 50-60 miles. I get somewhere around 20 mpg. That'd be 5-6 gallons round trip at $3.03 a gallon for $15-18 total. Very rarely do I get to Best Buy.

[quote name='bil4ltool']Hey, can you tell me how these upconvert players look on your 1080p tv? I've been looking in to getting one since I just bought a new 1080p dlp about two months ago, but I'm not sure if they're even worth it.[/QUOTE]

I have one for my 1080i, and the picture looks absolutely unreal. I don't know that I've really seen anything on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray that looks THAT much better, even on a 1080p, especially given the price difference.

Oh, and here's my BF day:

Wackiness for us this BF, but got pretty much everything that was advertised with almost no lines! Well, save for TRU where we started, and was about #300 in line. My wife said, "No prayer of us getting anything" but to our shock, we got EVERYTHING we wanted, including a $50 train set free for buying a $80 train table, which we thought would be a hot item.

For games, got Taito PSP ($10), Shrek 3 Wii ($15 - secret sale), and Elite Beat Agents which was clearanced at $19. Then Target, got Simpsons PSP ($17), Shrek 3 DVD ($14) and Seinfeld 8 ($15). Went to the mall, and it was pretty heavy traffic, so I could only imagine Best Buy, but went there anyway. There were, no joke, NO LINES AT ALL at 7:30am. Got EA Replay for the PSP ($5) and Rocky Balboa DVD ($5).

Went to CC next, again, no lines, and got Cake Mania DS ($10 - for the wife for Christmas) and Guilty Gear ($5) for the PSP. I didn't even want the latter, but I know some folks here are looking for it, so if you want my copy, just PM me and I will sell it either at price or trade.

Oh...and I hit FOUR Gamestops trying to get a Wii charger. Lucked out at the last one, as they had two of them in the wrong place in a glass case. The manager said, "What the hell are those doing there?!" And I said, "No idea, but I need one!" Wish I had actually bought two, so if anyone has one for trade, let me know.

Got home, read that the Bond collections were $19 each, so I picked up Vol. 3 since they've never released On Her Majesty's Service, the last Bond I needed to have them all, as a single disc. Figure I'll just sell the others from Vol. 3 on eBay.

So grand total was $130 for a charger, 7 games, two box sets, and two recent movies.

I'll take that deal.

RD

Well, I work at Toys'R'Us... I had the 4:30 AM - 12:30 PM shift. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, buty damn did I pity the poor R-Zone staff, though.

I'd set a couple of games on hold on Wednesday, and I bought 'em on my lunch break. The games:

Sly 2: Band of Thieves - $9
The Matrix: Path of Neo + The Plan + King Kong (all PS2) - $10

After I got out, I went to the Best Buy that opened over at El Centro two weeks ago. I was hoping to find a copy of Orange Box... but they were out of stock.

Or so it seemed.

I spoke to an associate and he said "Huh, wait a second. Lemme see if we have any left over at the register." Five minutes later, he came back with the game in hand and handed it over. I offered my hand and we shook them. :D I was one happy bastard. Good to know the local store has some good employees, I'll definitely go back there later. :applause:

Total damage: About $50. Now to finish Half-Life 1 to start over with Half-Life 2... Woo.

[quote name='ITDEFX']yes I tried doing this online Thursday morning. However since I haven't bought anything from them online in like 6 months I forgot my password and had to reset it so I followed the procedure. Guess when I tried to do this the system was hammered and it took an average of 45 minutes to get the reset email. Even with the reset it still didn't work and I had to call Corp to have them manually reset it for me. By that time it was already too late and was sold out. oh well.

thanks for trying though. If I get it, I get it, if not I just give the money back. No biggie.[/quote]
Stop trolling this thread. Stop trolling this site. Gtfo. Nao.

Lets see here..

I got a used fatty PS2 from gamestop for 60 bucks and it (awesomely) came with an network adapter, 40 gig hard drive and an S-Video cable :D

After that I went to a pawn shop, got a PS2 memory card for 2 bucks and found the following games:

Megaman Legends 2
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Metal Gear Solid (non GH)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 for PS2
and Resident Evil 2

All for 25 bucks, NEW and sealed. I am in heaven!!

OT here. is it hard to find a copy of metal gear solid 2 subsistence or 3?

[quote name='kazo']Lets see here..

I got a used fatty PS2 from gamestop for 60 bucks and it (awesomely) came with an network adapter, 40 gig hard drive and an S-Video cable :D

After that I went to a pawn shop, got a PS2 memory card for 2 bucks and found the following games:

Megaman Legends 2
and Resident Evil 2

OT here. is it hard to find a copy of metal gear solid 2 subsistence or 3?[/QUOTE]
If you're looking for something fun, Bully is $10 at CC today.

Picked up The Office S1 and House S2 for $8.99 and $12.99 respectively. Keeping The Office, but might gift House (S1 & S2). CC had nothing left in the way of sale games (no Red Steel or Call Of Duty 2).

[quote name='heavyd853']I found used copies of Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's Creed for ps3, and couldn't really decide on what else to get for the free one so I picked up Odin Sphere since I hear so much about it(pretty nifty btw).
So in the end I came out with CoD4, Assassin's creed, Odin Sphere, a year subscription to game informer and an edge card for 124 bucks.

Pretty decent I'd think[/quote]
Your post almost made me think GS had a soul :applause: props to you.

[quote name='kazo']Lets see here..

Megaman Legends 2
and Resident Evil 2

OT here. is it hard to find a copy of metal gear solid 2 subsistence or 3?[/quote]Congrats on your PS2 Fatty find. Holy hell was that one heckuva deal. :D

MGS Substance / Subsistence? You can find them in Gamestop for about twenty bucks or so (YMMV). You're better off looking for them on eBay or here in trades.

Saw a line forming at Best Buy in Savannah at noon on Thursday.

The plan was to hit TRU first to get a Zune, but I decided I'd stick with Apple. Went to Staples at about 6:05 and it was a disaster. Couldn't believe that many people wanted shit at Staples. Missed out on the laptop cooler, but scored a 2GB MSPD for $17.

Went to Best Buy about 10 until 7, and it was awesome. Store laid out well, had plenty of things I wanted, and it was a pleasant experience.

Big props to Best Buy.

bread's done
Back