Post your favorite Game Boy & Game Boy Color games!

DigitalSpace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was at a Goodwill yesterday, and as I was rummaging through some random crap in a small bin, I see an atomic purple Game Boy Color buried at the bottom. I'm kinda surprised that they don't have it up in the glass case like they usually do. I take look at the price tag to see that it's $4.99. A pretty good deal since most GBC's around here go for $15-$30. I saw one at another Goodwill about a week back with no battery cover for $29.99.

It looks to be in nice shape and has the battery cover. There were even two Duracells inside. I turned it on to make sure it powered up and it did. (unfortunately, the batteries were low and only lasted about an hour and a half). Even though I already have an SP, I always wanted to buy a GB or a GBC on the cheap if it was in good shape. Yeah, I'm a nerd.

Anyways, in celebration of my new GBC, I figured I'd start a thread for everyone to post their favorite GB and GBC games. These games can still be way too expensive, but despite that, it's still not too tough to find games for under $5 (and the GameCrazy 3 for $10 Classic Plastic sale was also a nice help).

My recommendations:

gblogo.jpg

Alleyway
Bubble Bobble
DuckTales
Gradius: The Interstellar Assault
Kirby's Pinball Land
Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Lamborghini American Challenge
Metroid II: Return Of Samus
Mickey Mouse Magic Wands!
Nemesis
Operation C
Qix
Revenge Of The Gator
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Super R.C. Pro-AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall Of The Foot Clan
Tetris
Wave Race

gbclogo.jpg

3D Ultra Pinball: Thrillride
Dragon Warrior I & II
Dragon Warrior III
Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Zelda: Oracle Of Ages
Zelda: Oracle Of Seasons
Micro Machines V3
Microsoft Pinball Arcade
Pokemon Pinball
Project S-11
R-Type DX
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Top Gear Pocket 2

GB:
Super Mario Land
Alleyway
Balloon Kid
Megaman
Megaman 2
Super RC Pro Am
Pokemon Yellow

GBC

US-
Top Gear Pocket 2
Xtreme Games
Super Mario Brothers DX
Uno
Micro Machines 1 & 2
Game and Watch Gallery 3

Japan-
Dance Dance Revolution w/ Dance Pad (yes there is a snap on DDR dance pad for Gameboy Color)
Dance Dance Revolution 2 w/ Dance Pad
Dance Dance Revolution 3 w/ Dance Pad
Pop N Music Disney Tunes
Beatmania

[quote name='YoshiFan1']
Dance Dance Revolution w/ Dance Pad (yes there is a snap on DDR dance pad [/QUOTE]

Is it a little attachment that covers the regular GB buttons or is it an actual full size dance pad that you put on the floor?

[quote name='Collectordragon']Is it a little attachment that covers the regular GB buttons or is it an actual full size dance pad that you put on the floor?[/QUOTE]

It covers the GB buttons. I vote for Pokemon Red and Blue!

Oracle of seasons and ages
All of the REAL pokemon games (Gold and silver are my favorite)
Link's Awakening DX
Dragon Warrior Monsters 1 and 2

[quote name='naes']Donkey Kong for Game Boy.[/quote]

Yes! I played the crap out of that game on my GBA pocket years ago.

For GBC I played Mario Golf more than any other game.

Hands of Time, GBC just an incredible game that kept me hooked until the end. I sing it's praises whenever I can. Going back in time is never out of style.

Excellent list folks, I have and love many of the titles mentioned. Some titles that haven't been mentioned yet:
Game Boy:
Prince of Persia
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

Game Boy Color:
Harvest Moon GBC 2
Harvest Moon GBC 3
Survival Kids

The gbc version of dragon's lair is amazing if for nothing else than the fact that it's dragon's lair running on a gbc cartridge. The gameboy tecmo bowl is fun and plays just like the original nes version. Super rc pro am is a good rendition of the nes classic as well

I have fond memories of James Bond 007. I used to play that game all the time when I was younger, though I never did beat it. It was the first Gameboy game that I got along with my Gameboy Pocket.

GB

Bomberman
Warioland
Warioland 2
James Bond 007
Super Return of the Jedi
Nemesis
Pokemon Red/Blue
Link's Awakening

GBC

Megaman Xtreme 2 (one of my favorite mega man games in the whole series)
Oracle of Ages/Seasons

[quote name='thetoxicone']The gbc version of dragon's lair is amazing if for nothing else than the fact that it's dragon's lair running on a gbc cartridge. The gameboy tecmo bowl is fun and plays just like the original nes version. Super rc pro am is a good rendition of the nes classic as well[/quote]

I forgot about Dragon's Lair. It's an amazing technical acheivement if nothing else.

[quote name='naes']Donkey Kong for Game Boy.[/quote]The fact that it took 5 posts for this to be listed is a travesty. The fact that naes posted it makes him a winner.

Tetris and Donkey Kong are easily the best games on the GB(C) platform, with Kirby's Dream Land and Pinball Land coming in not too far behind.

I really enjoyed Super Mario Deluxe as well. It's a real shame that wasn't ported to the GBA since the screen ratio on it is better suited to the game than that of the GBC.

Two games I play
Tetris
Super Mario Land

Think Super Mario Land gets boring? Try to beat it under 15 minutes.

[quote name='snotknocker']One of my favs that has not beem mentioned - Wacky Races

The Slag Brothers Rule!
200px-SlagBrothers.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I've got this on Dreamcast and always use the Slag Brothers. I didn't realize it came out for GB.

RC

The original Game Boy was my first video game system period so I have a lot of love for the system. The original tetris release for the game boy is still my favorite version of the game bar none.

GB:
Tetris
Link's Awakening
Metroid II
Yoshi's Cookie
Wario Land
Mario Land II
Mario Picross
Pokemon Blue
Donkey Kong

GBC:
Super Mario Brothers Deluxe
Pokemon Silver
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Shantae
Megaman Extreme 2

Game boy was my 1st gaming platform and it still lives to this day.

GB
all the kirby games
all the mega man games
Ms. Pac-Man
pokemon(red, blue, yellow, gold, silver)
Joe & Mac

GBC

kirby's tilt 'n' Tumble
pokemon crystal
Mega Man Xtreme 2
zelda (seasons+ages)
monster rancher explorer

For GB, Pokemon Red

For GBC, Super Mario Bros Deluxe and that classic skateboarding game 720

I'm glad at least ONE person said Mario's Picross... I thought I was going to have to bea you all savagely...

I freakin LOVED Kirby's Pinball Land... I think I got that the same Christmas I got my Gameboy... memories ;)

Wacky Races was a great choice too... I foolioshly traded that in years ago :(

I feel like all the Game and Watch games are a good investment, as well

I loved Pokemon Red for the Gameboy and Oracle of Ages/Seasons for Gameboy Colour. Ages was actually my first Zelda game I got it because I liked the cover.

~Patricia

Pokemon Red/Blue was crack, those were the days.

Yellow, silver, and gold sucked. I still own all 5 and haven't played Pokemon since then, probably a good 9-10 years.

Pearl/Diamond sound pretty cool but I have too many games to play and I don't want to learn the 500 new pokemon.

bread's done
Back