Post your mad Lootz from the EB Gameday Sale.

Sinnbox

CAGiversary!
You know the way we are around here, we have to have somewhere post our stories. Here it is, the first anual Gameday Sale LOOTZ thread. I will be headed out tomorrow to see what i can grab up.

Sweet, I thought abotu the 5th element but then found the DVD at a local Pawn for $2 so i decided against the UMD version.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Sweet, I thought abotu the 5th element but then found the DVD at a local Pawn for $2 so i decided against the UMD version.[/quote]

I cant believe I missed out on the gamestop blu ray for 10 bucks.

Fear $20
Condemned 2 $30
Sonic Rush $15
Hitman Trilogy $20
Wireless charger for 360 control $10.

I spent more than I should have. I already have Odin Sphere, so I passed it up.

Odin Sphere
Fishing Master
Guild Wars Eye of the North

All sealed, and used the 10% coupon. I also picked up a complete used copy of Skies of Arcadia Legends for $15.

[quote name='gotrice415510']not that great of a sale, if i say so myself[/quote]

True, I can get most of teh games cheaper used, but I'll probably grab some UMD's because I ca watch them ad then sell them for atleast $5 apiece.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Odin Sphere
Fishing Master
Guild Wars Eye of the North

All sealed, and used the 10% coupon. I also picked up a complete used copy of Skies of Arcadia Legends for $15.[/quote]

Cool, Skies is a great game, I have 2 copies, I couldnt help picking up a backup copy when i found it for $7 at a pawn shop afew weeks ago.

[quote name='gotrice415510']not that great of a sale, if i say so myself[/quote]

Second'd, now if they had Conan for PS3 and 360 for $15-20, I might bite.

i thought so too. monster hunter 2 for $20 is still alot. at this point it'll be hard to find a sealed copy of odin sphere from alot of their stores.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Fear $20
Condemned 2 $30
Sonic Rush $15
Hitman Trilogy $20
Wireless charger for 360 control $10.

I spent more than I should have. I already have Odin Sphere, so I passed it up.[/quote]

ouch 15$ for sonic rush? there has to be a way to get it 9.99. dont feel too bad though b/c it is maybe my fave game on ds, i still play it even after getting all S ranks on all the levels.

I picked up Odin Sphere, Sonic the Hedgehog (360) and Virtua Tennis 3 (360), all sealed. The sale bins in the two stores I went to just had empty cases, but when I handed the empty cases over to the cashier they pulled out sealed copies from behind the glass case. Might pick up more copies of Odin Sphere to trade to CAGs who are interested, if they're sealed of course.

[quote name='monkeydeew']ouch 15$ for sonic rush? there has to be a way to get it 9.99. dont feel too bad though b/c it is maybe my fave game on ds, i still play it even after getting all S ranks on all the levels.[/quote]

It was 10 at circuit city last week.

Picked up the only game that I really wanted out of the bunch...Sega Genesis Collection for PS2. For 10.60 after tax, I figured I'd take to plunge on that.

Meh- This sale doesn't look all too great. I don't get all the hype?

The only thing that I'd get if I didn't have already was House of the Dead for the Wii.

The Sega Genesis Collection may be the only other game I may get, but I see it at 9.99 at some places.

[quote name='Wolf_of_Mibu']How much are they selling Odin Sphere for?[/quote]

19.99, but it's more than likely gutted. That doesn't really matter to me, but a lot of people have a problem with that.

Mortal Kombat: Unchained (psp)
Monster Hunter 2 Freedom (psp)
Crazy Taxi Fare Wars (psp)
Nervous Brickdown (ds)
Digimon World Dusk (ds)
EA Playground (ds)
Puppy luv (DS)

I picked up Heavy Metal and The Fifth Element UMDs and I'll probably head back later on to pick up one of the Digimon games for my brother. I was more interested in the Buy 2 get 3 and Buy 2 get 4 DVDs they had at the Gamestops I went to. Some of them actually had some good titles, and with the Moviestops starting to open around here I could probably make a good amount of credit from the trade-in deals they'll have at opening.

[quote name='Nikadimas']I picked up Heavy Metal and The Fifth Element UMDs and I'll probably head back later on to pick up one of the Digimon games for my brother. I was more interested in the Buy 2 get 3 and Buy 2 get 4 DVDs they had at the Gamestops I went to. Some of them actually had some good titles, and with the Moviestops starting to open around here I could probably make a good amount of credit from the trade-in deals they'll have at opening.[/quote]

all my gamestops got rid of vds and sent them to moviestop where they sell them for TWICE the price...bastards:bomb:

I picked up a gutted Odin Sphere for $17.99 after coupon.
Its gutted, but I really wanted Odin Sphere, so what the hell.
Also picked up a Pump It Up bundle for $9.99 that was used but still in the wrapping.

[quote name='genfuyung']all my gamestops got rid of vds and sent them to moviestop where they sell them for TWICE the price...bastards:bomb:[/quote]

I would be happy personally if my GameStop didn't have VD.

[quote name='georox']I would be happy personally if my GameStop didn't have VD.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was syphilis?

Picked up 3 sealed copies of odin sphere. I had to argue with the girl because she said the ones that were open and in the bin were "new". I explained that I want new as in sealed and never opened. She ran into the back for a few minutes and then came back out to only go in the case behind the register to pull them out. I don't understand why they have to open EVERY friggin game they have in there.

I picked up Resident Evil, Resident Evil Apocolypse and Fifth Element umds,Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Odin Sphere and Katamari Damacy.

[quote name='SnotRocket']Picked up 3 sealed copies of odin sphere. I had to argue with the girl because she said the ones that were open and in the bin were "new". I explained that I want new as in sealed and never opened. She ran into the back for a few minutes and then came back out to only go in the case behind the register to pull them out. I don't understand why they have to open EVERY friggin game they have in there.[/quote]

If people didn't steal they wouldn't gut the games. I HATE people who steal, etc but its part of society and each company handles it differently. Its better than having everything behind glass.

Heavy Metal, Replacement Killers, Godzilla:Final Wars, Labrynth, Dark Crystal and House of Flying Daggers UMDs. Passed on everything else: what I didn't already have I didn't want.

[quote name='THoward7382'] Its better than having everything behind glass.[/quote]

How? Either way, you have to go to someone who works there and have them retrieve the game for you.

[quote name='VioletArrows']How? Either way, you have to go to someone who works there and have them retrieve the game for you.[/quote]

Lets see what is faster. Tracking down a Wal-Mart employee to open the case, or just picking up the case and heading to the register and checking out. Seems to me that I would rather do the latter.

And me personally I have never understood the "craziness" for sealed games. Is the euphoric feeling of opening a plastic wrap that great? Its just a game in reality. And if you want it sealed, just reserve it. Now I know that doesn't pertain to the Game Days sale, but there are many ways to get a sealed game from Gamestop. Been shopping there for years and never had a problem.

[quote name='THoward7382']Lets see what is faster. Tracking down a Wal-Mart employee to open the case, or just picking up the case and heading to the register and checking out. Seems to me that I would rather do the latter.

And me personally I have never understood the "craziness" for sealed games. Is the euphoric feeling of opening a plastic wrap that great? Its just a game in reality. And if you want it sealed, just reserve it. Now I know that doesn't pertain to the Game Days sale, but there are many ways to get a sealed game from Gamestop. Been shopping there for years and never had a problem.[/quote]

Actually it took just as long when I went to get my games on Monday, I brought the case to the register, and instead of digging for the sleeves, he had to hunt all over the place for the sealed ones, meanwhile lines are building up behind me (and I didn't even ask for sealed ones, I'dve been happy either way).

[quote name='THoward7382']And me personally I have never understood the "craziness" for sealed games. Is the euphoric feeling of opening a plastic wrap that great? Its just a game in reality. And if you want it sealed, just reserve it. Now I know that doesn't pertain to the Game Days sale, but there are many ways to get a sealed game from Gamestop. Been shopping there for years and never had a problem.[/QUOTE]

Pretty lucky then. Out of the last ten or so games I've tried to purchase sealed they've had zero sealed copies. And one of my last two preorders was gutted when I got there. I buy sealed games because I want new copies, not "new" likely used copies. Can you name any other situation where you're expected to pay the same price for an opened item as a new one?

I picked up:

Brave Story
Valhalla Knights
Katamari
Odin Sphere

Only OS and Katamari were sealed. I got to my local GS when it opened on monday and the PS2 titles weren't out yet in the bins so they were still sealed. Score! The PSP titles were gutted, but whatever. I wouldnt have mind if OS was also open since I still have my sealed copy I bought last year. Katamari I did want sealed as I wanted it as part of my collection and I know I'm not gonna play.

Just C&C 3 for me which was gutted, naturally. Doesn't matter that much to me since I want to play the game.

Got Condemned 2, gutted of course. I really wanted Timeshift, but neither of my GS had it. We also picked up Mario Kart Wii, not from Gamedays of course. We were lucky to find it, everywhere was sold out, it was used though so we had to buy both wheels separately. Unfortunately my EDGE card is broke now so I have to go get a new one.

bread's done
Back