Potential double credit for L.A. Noire from Amazon $15 general and $10 video game

This is clearly a goof, and it would be silly to think otherwise. The preorder guarantee gives you the best deal, which should be $15 credit.

But honestly, congrats to all the people who got the nice bonus. I'm against people who pre-order games for the credit but still harass customer service for more credit when the price of the game drops (after the game has shipped). The price obviously drops because there is no pre-order incentive anymore! However, when it is a minor mistake on Amazon's side, I believe the onus is on them to fix the their software.

The lesson to take here is to pre-order early :)

Hey guys i just woke up. I just got a email saying They only put 15 in my acount. I didnt get the extra 10 :( oh well Ill gladly take the 15 anyway cant wait till my game comes in a few hours From now

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hey guys i just woke up. I just got a email saying They only put 15 in my acount. I didnt get the extra 10 :( oh well Ill gladly take the 15 anyway cant wait till my game comes in a few hours From now[/QUOTE]

Yup...same here, no biggie. I received what I expected as what was offered. I just need that $15 to get in my account pronto, as I want to pre-order Alice: The Madness Returns as it's $44.99 now.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yup...same here, no biggie. I received what I expected as what was offered. I just need that $15 to get in my account pronto, as I want to pre-order Alice: The Madness Returns as it's $44.99 now.[/QUOTE]

Yea it was nice of them to give us credit period. Gamestop would never do anything close to that. However, as a cheapy I really wanted that 10 extra credit lol

[quote name='gotdott']I'm glad you didn't get the extra $10 in credit. :D[/QUOTE]

Actually I did:

"In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

However to compensate for the inconvenience and as a good will gesture, I've issued you a $10.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:"

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yup...same here, no biggie. I received what I expected as what was offered. I just need that $15 to get in my account pronto, as I want to pre-order Alice: The Madness Returns as it's $44.99 now.[/QUOTE]
Also only $15 for me -- which is ok, since what I originally expected. However, I can't help but think that we would have actually gotten the extra $10 if it hadn't been for all these folks here contacting Amazon... ;)

[quote name='skystorm']Also only $15 for me -- which is ok, since what I originally expected. However, I can't help but think that we would have actually gotten the extra $10 if it hadn't been for all these folks here contacting Amazon... ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually it had nothing to do with people contacting Amazon. It had to do with people pre-ordering when the promotion was for $10 then it got changed up to $15. This gave people an extra $10 just for having the pre-order placed earlier. The reason I think it is not fair is because, I had not pre-ordered yet because I was shooting Amazon e-mails left and right trying to get the promotion increased because of all of the other deals. I think anyone that ordered should get the $25 total promotion if that is how they are going to do things. So I am glad after my one e-mail and a single chat with customer service, I got an extra $10 credit from Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jabrim']Actually it had nothing to do with people contacting Amazon. It had to do with people pre-ordering when the promotion was for $10 then it got changed up to $15. This gave people an extra $10 just for having the pre-order placed earlier. The reason I think it is not fair is because, I had not pre-ordered yet because I was shooting Amazon e-mails left and right trying to get the promotion increased because of all of the other deals. I think anyone that ordered should get the $25 total promotion if that is how they are going to do things. So I am glad after my one e-mail and a single chat with customer service, I got an extra $10 credit from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Even though I called you a bitch for making fun of the dudes name...I will agree with you on this. ;)

After thinking about it for a while, I figured, what the hell...might as well give it a shot. Can't hurt. And it worked...already have a $10 bonus in my account. Now I'm just waiting for the $15. :D

It seems like this wasn't an error, based on what I was told, but apparently only pertained to those that pre-ordered before the change to $15. Those that did, received a total of $25 ($10 video game promo and the $15 universal credit). CSR told me flat out that they previously had a $25 promo credit total for this game. Perhaps this was their way of competing with the Best Buy promotions, but the CSR didn't mention this, so I don't know for sure.

They technically don't have to give it to those that pre-ordered when the $15 bonus was enacted, but if you ask politely and have a nice CSR that is willing to help, good things can happen.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Even though I called you a bitch for making fun of the dudes name...I will agree with you on this. ;)

After thinking about it for a while, I figured, what the hell...might as well give it a shot. Can't hurt. And it worked...already have a $10 bonus in my account. Now I'm just waiting for the $15. :D

It seems like this wasn't an error, based on what I was told, but apparently only pertained to those that pre-ordered before the change to $15. Those that did, received a total of $25 ($10 video game promo and the $15 universal credit). CSR told me flat out that they previously had a $25 promo credit total for this game. Perhaps this was their way of competing with the Best Buy promotions, but the CSR didn't mention this, so I don't know for sure.

They technically don't have to give it to those that pre-ordered when the $15 bonus was enacted, but if you ask politely and have a nice CSR that is willing to help, good things can happen.[/QUOTE]

Well thank you for agreeing, I will not forget the bitch comment! :lol:

In all of the days I checked I never once saw a $25 promo for L.A. Noire though, that seems like a lie from the rep to me.

[quote name='Jabrim']Well thank you for agreeing, I will not forget the bitch comment! :lol:

In all of the days I checked I never once saw a $25 promo for L.A. Noire though, that seems like a lie from the rep to me.[/QUOTE]

Same here...I just think what she meant by that was Amazon allowing those that pre-ordered before the bump to $15 to also keep the additional $10. Notice they are two different types of bonus credits. In the end, no matter the reason, I'm pleased with the end results.

And sorry about that bitch comment. :lol:

[quote name='Jabrim']Actually it had nothing to do with people contacting Amazon. It had to do with people pre-ordering when the promotion was for $10 then it got changed up to $15. This gave people an extra $10 just for having the pre-order placed earlier. The reason I think it is not fair is because, I had not pre-ordered yet because I was shooting Amazon e-mails left and right trying to get the promotion increased because of all of the other deals. I think anyone that ordered should get the $25 total promotion if that is how they are going to do things. So I am glad after my one e-mail and a single chat with customer service, I got an extra $10 credit from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I actually don't quite agree with you. Nobody kept you from placing your pre-order early when it was still $10 credit, so you can't really say it's "unfair" when you didn't.

That aside, I think it was not intentional on Amazon's part to give $10+$15 credit for early pre-orders, my guess is it's a glitch in their system. So basically those that got in early enough got lucky and it looked like they would get $25 credit total.

In fact I pre-ordered early enough to get $10 + $15 in my invoice, yet only the $15 part came through -- i.e., it seems likely to me that Amazon caught the mistake because of the many requests they had from people who pre-ordered later...

Anyway, since I was really only expecting the $15 credit, I won't complain too much. I will, however, reiterate my moral of this and similar stories: Place your pre-order early (just in case, can always cancel later) and be happy about any extra bonus you might get from that. But similarly, don't complain if you are late to the party. :D

[quote name='ChrisHookz']When did Amazon start putting a time limit on the credits?[/QUOTE]
It wasn't a time limit necessarily. What was probably supposed to happen was that those who ordered while it was $10 were supposed to be bumped to $15 for a net $5 gain. Instead of that, an extra $15 was added.

[quote name='skystorm']I actually don't quite agree with you. Nobody kept you from placing your pre-order early when it was still $10 credit, so you can't really say it's "unfair" when you didn't.

That aside, I think it was not intentional on Amazon's part to give $10+$15 credit for early pre-orders, my guess is it's a glitch in their system. So basically those that got in early enough got lucky and it looked like they would get $25 credit total.

In fact I pre-ordered early enough to get $10 + $15 in my invoice, yet only the $15 part came through -- i.e., it seems likely to me that Amazon caught the mistake because of the many requests they had from people who pre-ordered later...

Anyway, since I was really only expecting the $15 credit, I won't complain too much. I will, however, reiterate my moral of this and similar stories: Place your pre-order early (just in case, can always cancel later) and be happy about any extra bonus you might get from that. But similarly, don't complain if you are late to the party. :D[/QUOTE]

Well you can't make everyone happy all the time.

If you preordered early (like I did), when the bonus was $10, just send an email to the Amazon customer service department and politely inquire about the discrepancy between some people getting the double bonus and some people only getting the $15 bonus. I originally only received the $15 bonus, but after writing the email, they posted a $10 refund to my account.

I'm giving it the 2 day period before I send off an email. Also, my shipment got delayed due to mechanical failure, so I'll also have something else to try and get some compensation.

I got a message from Amazon last night stating my L.A. NOIRE Release Date Delivery was going to be delayed 1-2 days (with no reason given)!!! Anybody else have issue with RDD and UPS?

[quote name='lingenfelser']I got a message from Amazon last night stating my L.A. NOIRE Release Date Delivery was going to be delayed 1-2 days (with no reason given)!!! Anybody else have issue with RDD and UPS?[/QUOTE]
My UPS tracking info said that there was a mechanical problem out of Phoenix. In previous communication with Amazon, delivery is somewhat "guaranteed" in that they'll give a little credit if it's not there on time.

[quote name='outphase']It wasn't a time limit necessarily. What was probably supposed to happen was that those who ordered while it was $10 were supposed to be bumped to $15 for a net $5 gain. Instead of that, an extra $15 was added.[/QUOTE]

Well I got the whole $25, i just e-mailed them about an hour ago and said they apologized for the inconvenience and credited my account with the $15 i already received. But I gotta use it by the 31st of May

[quote name='ChrisHookz']Well I got the whole $25, i just e-mailed them about an hour ago and said they apologized for the inconvenience and credited my account with the $15 i already received. But I gotta use it by the 31st of May[/QUOTE]

Make sure it isn't 2012 that you have to use it by, I have one that says it has to be used by May 31st, 2012.

i already preordered Gears 3 for $35 so i didn't get a chance to look at the year, but in the e-mail however it said 2011

this is my e-mail incase people don't believe me:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received $10 promotional certificate.

I've issued you a $10 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order.

I said something like, I've received the $15 credit from the promo but haven't received the $10 gaming credit stated in the e-mail, does it come later on?

[quote name='ChrisHookz']this is my e-mail incase people don't believe me:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received $10 promotional certificate.

I've issued you a $10 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order.[/QUOTE]

That is pretty much the same thing I got;

" Hello,

I've reviewed our previous correspondence with you, and I'm very sorry about the misunderstanding.

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

However to compensate for the inconvenience and as a good will gesture, I've issued you a $10.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:"

I got the email yesterday and it said I was to receive both promotional credits and today I received just the $15 credit. I chatted with someone online and they said I was only supposed to receive the $15 credit and quoted the email to them and they said all I could receive was the $15. Are there any suggestions on what I should try next? I still have the email in my inbox that says I was to receive both credits.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']I got the email yesterday and it said I was to receive both promotional credits and today I received just the $15 credit. I chatted with someone online and they said I was only supposed to receive the $15 credit and quoted the email to them and they said all I could receive was the $15. Are there any suggestions on what I should try next? I still have the email in my inbox that says I was to receive both credits.[/QUOTE]

I just chatted with them and they confirmed both credits. They said if it failed to show by the end of the 18th they would be happy to help me. So wait until the middle of the 18th and chat them if it's not there.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']Cool. I'll try it Thursday if I don't hear. I order all my games from Amazon and I'm a prime member so hopefully that will help my fight for the credits.[/QUOTE]

So, they only gave me an extra $5.00. Still good though, $25.00 worth of credit is nice.

bread's done
Back