PowerUp Rewards Steal of the Week: 25% off Pre-Owned for 500 Points

PenguinMaster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/

It's listed as a mystery coupon but everyone has reported that it's always a coupon for "25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase" that expires on 11/17.

If it ever changes into something else I'll update this post.

25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase Subject to availability by location. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer Valid 10/28/13 through 11/17/13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone earlier in the thread talked about getting banned for using the bday coupon and that spooked me from using it on a used BF4 the other day, so I just used the SOTW coupon lol

i just realised that with this, birthday and the pur 10% you can get a gta 5 for around 29.99$ and flip it back to gamestop for 48$ with the 50% promo. ill do at least one tommorow. no way im risking the i pad gamestop bait lol

i just realised that with this, birthday and the pur 10% you can get a gta 5 for around 29.99$ and flip it back to gamestop for 48$ with the 50% promo. ill do at least one tommorow. no way im risking the i pad gamestop bait lol
Good luck with that--the only b-day coupon confirmed to stack with this coupon (1650) expired today and we have no confirmation either way whether the other one stacks (1996). The other one didn't stack during the B2G1, so I have my doubts about it stacking with this.

Boy are you late to the party. Like Vigilante stated, the birthday code ending in 1650 (expiring today) was the only one that stacked.

Boy are you late to the party. Like Vigilante stated the birthday code ending in 1650 (expiring today) was the only one that stacked.
But did we ever get confirmation that the other one didn't stack? I didn't even try based on the failure of it stacking with the B2G1. :???:

Got the ban hammer today. Manager of my #2 top store put me on the radar as possibly taking advantage of Gamestop's trade promos. That's all it took for the LP to look at my account and see the damage I dealt to GS.

Knew it was coming at some point.... The ban was the only way to stop the flipping.

The kicker is that a few of the stores that I was a regular at were upset that their trade #'s were going to go down.

So we shall see the punishment that gets handed down
You should read this. Interesting stuff!

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/1p60w5/no_trade_list_please_advise/

"We've introduced a new system where it stops you if you've traded in more than 5 of the same item within a 30 day time period. You will be able to resume trading after that 30 day period."

If that is true, then mostly everyone here will be poop.

yeah I've done 6 in two days and I still get worried at the second store every time . Couldn't imagine bringing the box from the og purchase to the flip smh.

I have done 2 and I wanted to do more but I thought they can track your last 5 purchases at least the day after you have made them? Did you have any problems with getting questioned on that?

I have done 2 and I wanted to do more but I thought they can track your last 5 purchases at least the day after you have made them? Did you have any problems with getting questioned on that?
as of today I have done 4 on my personal card, 4 on the card I had my wife open and 3 on a card I had my dad open . Think I'm good after reading that link dealseeker posted. Thanks btw!

Did have a awkward moment today as a guy I bought two Ipads from Tuesday remembered me . I preordered a xbone and game and he seemed really cool but I sure didnt feel great about it:)

I have bought more than 5 on my card so I'm assuming they focus more on trades?? Anyone know if that's the case ?

If it's not algorithm or audit team based, I'm thinking the bans are coming from the brown-nosers who want to alert LP. Otherwise why would anyone else? Selling iDevices and doing high trade-in amounts looks really good so I'm betting it's not the high volume stores that are alerting LP.

pulled the trigger on the ipad 4..sorta jealous how others got flawless ipads..mine is flawless on the front but the back has a couple of scratches..not too visible,, but on closer inspection one long scratch. oh well cant complain for 250

If it's not algorithm or audit team based, I'm thinking the bans are coming from the brown-nosers who want to alert LP. Otherwise why would anyone else? Selling iDevices and doing high trade-in amounts looks really good so I'm betting it's not the high volume stores that are alerting LP.
yeah but selling i devices are pointless if u are selling for 250 and buying for 400 on a constant basis. that is completely unacceptable. my assumption is they can cross reference the serials, the people abusing this just ruin it for the rest. it is quite selfish but i do understand its up to gamestop to enforce restrictions. my legit way of flipping is buying a massive amount of gamestop shares at fifteen dollars and are now at 55 and climbing. although the ipad flip is tempting i look at bigger picture and further down the road.

This was posted today straight from a GS employee:

Just a heads-up for everyone using the 25% off preowned coupon (Mystery coupon), GS is banning people for excessive returns/trade-ins.
It's most specific to trading in item(s) within the pre-owned return period over a short amount of time.
I have bought more than 5 on my card so I'm assuming they focus more on trades?? Anyone know if that's the case ?
It certainly does have to do with trades since my account was flagged (not banned) for doing 2 legit iphone and 1 ipad trade in during a course of a month when I was upgrading that were never bought at GS.

So...I can pick up AC:BF for 54.99, use the 25% off and then 10% for being a Pro member?

So about 37$ before taxes?

If it's not algorithm or audit team based, I'm thinking the bans are coming from the brown-nosers who want to alert LP. Otherwise why would anyone else? Selling iDevices and doing high trade-in amounts looks really good so I'm betting it's not the high volume stores that are alerting LP.
There is a guy like that I know. WM released a exclusive before anyone else and he thought they broke street date and he called corporate about it. Then said that he didn't know because the company it supposed to email GS and let them know that they are selling stuff early. Uh huh...sure I'm a company and I'm selling a exclusive before everyone else and I'm going to take the time to email GS so the can tell their employees.

This was posted today straight from a GS employee:

It certainly does have to do with trades since my account was flagged (not banned) for doing 2 legit iphone and 1 ipad trade in during a course of a month when I was upgrading that were never bought at GS.
Maybe the phones ? Never have done that yet tho I have contemplated trading my i5. Also do you think any of the gs employees actually look at the detailed of your last 5 transactions? They always seem to busy with the trade in and never seem to be looking in my opinion .

Lol! Wrong thread dude. You are not in JP's thread.

To both of you, yes it will work on used (refurbished consoles / handhelds). Also, you will be able to use the coupon just fine even if you did not redeem it from your account. Don't say anything to the associates when handing it over, since some don't even know what promos are in effect and may shoot you down if you were to tell them how it was acquired. We CAGs trade GS coupons all the time so that should be a confirmation in itself for you.
Thanks for the heads up about the refurbished consoles. Wii U, here I come!

Incase any other GS employees read this:

Coupon stacks with employee discount.

Managed to snag a preowned copy of BF4 for around $31 after tax.

Maybe the phones ? Never have done that yet tho I have contemplated trading my i5. Also do you think any of the gs employees actually look at the detailed of your last 5 transactions? They always seem to busy with the trade in and never seem to be looking in my opinion .
I think it is idevices in general that will get you on their radar. As far as employees looking at the last 5 transactions, it depends on the employee. Some do so they can see what you bought and suggestive sell you a game based on your buy history. Some look at it just because they want to look at it and others just ignore it. All boils down to what kind of employee you get on the other side.

I am not sure if this has been asked, but does anyone know if you use a $ off any item coupon with this coupon, will it take the 25% off before or after the $ off?

just got caught up on this. So from what I understand the Bday coupon 1996 does not stack with this? hmmm I wonder if that means theyve finally changed the bday coupon...

bread's done
Back