POX Lists as of August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went in to EB games today armed with 5 games from Best Buy and Gamerush that were NOT on the POX list intending to do the Zelda preorder deal. I was informed that the Madden deal has been extended so you can get a copy to take home with 5 PO games. He didn't say how long, but I would assume the rest of this week anyway. I got one just today.

Used PS2 Bad Boys, Starsky & Hutch, RE Code Veronica, an Pryzm, and Xbox Metal Gear Solid 2.

I then picked up 3 more games from GR (to go along with 2 more Best Buy $5 games) that I hope are still PO to do the Zelda deal next time I'm at EB.

So, apparently, another CAG has found that as of 8/11 PS2 Turok is PO. It is on the POX list in this thread.

Vietgurl, maybe time for a full update of the PS2 list? I'll do it for you if you can email a picture or fax it to me. While it is nice a game moved OFF the POX list, I'm sure that means others were put on it. I've got a few games waiting to go in so I'd like to know :D.

[quote name='Epic Wolf']noticed most of these games are about 3 yrs old...so basically anything within the 2 yrs is likely a go :)[/QUOTE]

This is a pretty good rule of thumb . . . even if the game is a greatest hits game it is likely to make it PO if it is within the last 2 years or last 18 months or original release. I use this logic when buying tradein fodder.

There are occasional exceptions (like Second Sight) . . . I made this mistake buying some $5 (after BB coupon match) games at CC. In my POX sense, Second Sight would be a go becasue it is recent. Psi Ops makes it but not SS.

gonna get my Zelda pile ready...btw, VF4:Evolution is also $5 at BB after rebates and PO.

This should be stickied instead of that other useless post....

[quote name='Friedle']Building a Zelda trade-in pile too? :p[/QUOTE]

I've been telling people to do the Nascar 06 deal instead . . . 4 PO games get you $50 . . . then just go in at a later date and shift the credit to Zelda.

I've done 2 Nascar sets turning $30 worth of games (and 2 penny MAT2s :whistle2:0) into $100 in credit.

Just found out NBA Live 2004 is now POX (people had used it last week). I almost bought 2 of them from a Blockbuster last night - glad I held off, just had a bad feeling about it.

We *really* need an updated POX list, especially for PS2.

The following DID work today, though:
PS2 Bad Boys, PS2 Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, PS2 Crazy Taxi, and GC Rogue Leader.

[quote name='io']So, apparently, another CAG has found that as of 8/11 PS2 Turok is PO. It is on the POX list in this thread.

Vietgurl, maybe time for a full update of the PS2 list? I'll do it for you if you can email a picture or fax it to me. While it is nice a game moved OFF the POX list, I'm sure that means others were put on it. I've got a few games waiting to go in so I'd like to know :D.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I haven't updated the list for awhile; I did print out an updated list Wednesday night but I had finals (for summer courses) on Friday so I didn't have time to type it up. I'm back at home in Socal now for a little over a week so I won't be able to update this list until I come back (and hopefully get a new printout).

As if it isn't enough being at Cal and working at EB I take it you were enrolled in summer classes as well? :D. Hope you did well on those finals! Take a break, play some games (I'm sure you are!).

[quote name='schultzed']I've been telling people to do the Nascar 06 deal instead . . . 4 PO games get you $50 . . . then just go in at a later date and shift the credit to Zelda.

I've done 2 Nascar sets turning $30 worth of games (and 2 penny MAT2s :whistle2:0) into $100 in credit.[/QUOTE]

so let me get this straight (as if you didn't explain it well enough)...

i can preorder nascar 06 w/ 4 traded in games....then just go in a day later or whenever and tell them to switch it over to zelda? they won't have a problem with it? 'cause right now i have 4 games and need one more....

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']so let me get this straight (as if you didn't explain it well enough)...

i can preorder nascar 06 w/ 4 traded in games....then just go in a day later or whenever and tell them to switch it over to zelda? they won't have a problem with it? 'cause right now i have 4 games and need one more....[/QUOTE]

Supposedly. I've done the preorder but haven't gone in to switch yet. I did cancel one of my 2 Nintendogs preorders and got $29.99 credit for it - used it on Lego Star Wars GBA. But I had the excuse on that one of finding out that you could unlock all the dogs in each version, thus I didn't "need" 2 versions any more :D. The ability to unlock all the dogs in each version was news to the EB dude.

I'm not sure what excuse I can use for the NASCAR cancellation - I don't think telling them that I suddenly remembered I hate NASCAR will fly :D.

Just say you read a review and there's no reason to get the new version. "I'll be sticking with 2005: Chase for the Cup" or something.

Say an employee at your local gamestop told you the game was for the Gamecube, and that the clerk at EB you took the preorder from didnt notify you of the system it was running on...so you now want a game for the only system you have....a gamecube :D

signed up a while ago but this is my first post

Can anyone clarify these games for me? I checked the list but it would seem that these games would be POX

NCAA Footbal 2005 GC
Wrestlemania X8 GC
ESPN NBA 2K5 XBOX

[quote name='MakaveliLPC']signed up a while ago but this is my first post

Can anyone clarify these games for me? I checked the list but it would seem that these games would be POX

NCAA Footbal 2005 GC
Wrestlemania X8 GC
ESPN NBA 2K5 XBOX[/QUOTE]

If they aren't on the lists then they are good, keeping in mind that things change and our list is about 2-3 weeks old (depending on the system). I know that NCAA Football 2005 for GC is good, at least as of about a week ago, because I used it myself. It is not really so surprising considering it is the last installment of NCAA Football on the GC and is somewhat hard to find (that it was $5 at Best Buy a few weeks back notwithstanding). I don't know about the rest, but so far I've been able to buy things not on the lists, with the exception of PS2 NBA Live 2004, and have them all work so far.

NBA 2K5 is the "current" iteration for that title, so I don't see why it wouldn't work (but probably will go POX as soon as the 2006 NBA games come out).

I have it under good authority (just found out minutes ago) that the only major changes to the PS2 POX list are the ones I and others have already mentioned - NBA Live 2004 is now POX, Turok is now PO. The only new thing is that all Jampacks are now POX. This should be current as of Saturday...

[quote name='punqsux']wow, first im seeing of this thread, nicely done violet, stickied![/QUOTE]

wow this girl gets all the credit for this list, but i do remember someone else risking his job by posting the list. Whatever happen to that guy??

[quote name='birdman']wow this girl gets all the credit for this list, but i do remember someone else risking his job by posting the list. Whatever happen to that guy??[/QUOTE]

Well, all I can say is my unnamed source is someone other than Vietgurl. :D . So there will be others who will get credit for this info (not me, I'm just the messenger). Hopefully he will keep me posted on deals and POX changes (like in the last post I made). From what I understand Vietgurl is leaving EB soon, so we'll need to keep my source (and any others that people might have!) going for this thread.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']so let me get this straight (as if you didn't explain it well enough)...

i can preorder nascar 06 w/ 4 traded in games....then just go in a day later or whenever and tell them to switch it over to zelda? they won't have a problem with it? 'cause right now i have 4 games and need one more....[/QUOTE]

yup, you got it right. Take in 4 games and pre-order Nascar 2006. Then, go back a couple days later and switch your pre-order to something else. I have done it twice now at the same store (different employees) and haven't had a problem. Just say you would like to change your pre-order from nascar to another game and don't even give a reason.

It's an easy transaction for them (probably a lot easier than buying back the 15 disc only ps1 games from the kid behind you in line), and I've had no problems yet.

EDIT: traded in

turok ps2
starsky & hutch ps2 &xbox
turok gc
bad boys ps2
blowout xbox
max payne 2 ps2

yesterday (8/14) all still PO

damn, there's a couple on the FREE @ BB list that aren't PO!! looks like i'm preordering zelda soon

[quote name='Apossum']damn, there's a couple on the FREE @ BB list that aren't PO!! looks like i'm preordering zelda soon[/QUOTE]

Are there really any of these left though? I was travelling at the time these showed up, and between that and being back home I've gone to about 10 Best Buy's and have not seen one since the very first few days they dropped to $5. I think I got one Tomb Raider and one XIII out of it.

I guess not. Checked two BBs today and nothing. Not a biggy-- $20 for Zelda(and probably some other games) ain't half bad.

When does Nascar come out-- 8/30? That's time to get a few

[quote name='fivecardstud']yup, you got it right. Take in 4 games and pre-order Nascar 2006. Then, go back a couple days later and switch your pre-order to something else. I have done it twice now at the same store (different employees) and haven't had a problem. Just say you would like to change your pre-order from nascar to another game and don't even give a reason.

It's an easy transaction for them (probably a lot easier than buying back the 15 disc only ps1 games from the kid behind you in line), and I've had no problems yet.

EDIT: traded in

turok ps2
starsky & hutch ps2 &xbox
turok gc
bad boys ps2
blowout xbox
max payne 2 ps2

yesterday (8/14) all still PO[/QUOTE]

Can you preorder NASCAR but then cancel the preorder later and just use the credit for stuff on the shelves? (ie- will you get the promo amount of credit or just the original trade in values of the games?)

[quote name='Warner1281']Can you preorder NASCAR but then cancel the preorder later and just use the credit for stuff on the shelves? (ie- will you get the promo amount of credit or just the original trade in values of the games?)[/QUOTE]

i have read on here that someone was able to do that, but I personally have never tried. What I have done is actually get the game that I pre-ordered, and when I pick it up ask for a gift reciept (which doesn't show that the game was bought through a trade-in deal). Later, return the game with the gift reciept and you can get the full amount of the game (plus tax in some places!) put back onto a gift card.

If you go that route, try and get a gift card with PIN on it, so you can use it online and join in the fun of the eb morning update thread without spending cash money.

i have read on here that someone was able to do that, but I personally have never tried. What I have done is actually get the game that I pre-ordered, and when I pick it up ask for a gift reciept (which doesn't show that the game was bought through a trade-in deal). Later, return the game with the gift reciept and you can get the full amount of the game (plus tax in some places!) put back onto a gift card.

If you go that route, try and get a gift card with PIN on it, so you can use it online and join in the fun of the eb morning update thread without spending cash money.

I hope this works. I've called a bunch of EB's in my town and the all said that if I cancel the pre-order i would only get the orginal value of the games.

[quote name='fivecardstud']i have read on here that someone was able to do that, but I personally have never tried. What I have done is actually get the game that I pre-ordered, and when I pick it up ask for a gift reciept (which doesn't show that the game was bought through a trade-in deal). Later, return the game with the gift reciept and you can get the full amount of the game (plus tax in some places!) put back onto a gift card.

If you go that route, try and get a gift card with PIN on it, so you can use it online and join in the fun of the eb morning update thread without spending cash money.[/QUOTE]

do you have to take it back to the EB you bought it at? or can you take it to any EB?

[quote name='MakaveliLPC']I hope this works. I've called a bunch of EB's in my town and the all said that if I cancel the pre-order i would only get the orginal value of the games.[/QUOTE]

When you go cancel the pre-order, don't take the receipt that has you traded games on it. simply tell them your phone number and give your ID and they'll see your pre-order in the system. I don't think that the system shows that you used a deal to pre-order, it just shows the amount you paid and the game you preordered.

When you go cancel the pre-order, don't take the receipt that has you traded games on it. simply tell them your phone number and give your ID and they'll see your pre-order in the system. I don't think that the system shows that you used a deal to pre-order, it just shows the amount you paid and the game you preordered.

Good idea. I'll try that.

I used 3 more games from Gamerush (they are just about out of $6.99 PO games now :D) today to put down a NASCAR preorder. If I can't switch it I'll just trade it back in to GR and hopefully get $35 + the 25% bonus.

I used PS2 Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, Xbox Starsky & Hutch, and PS2 Kya Dark Lineage, along with a GC Rocky from TRU (for $5). So $13.98 in GR credit and $5 cash got me the preorder. Not a bad deal no matter what I end up doing with the game :D.

I really wish they'd extend this type of deal to some other games though - it would be nice (as with Nintendogs) for there to be some games I actually want to play. How about Mario Superstar Baseball or the GC Fire Emblem?

I used 3 more games from Gamerush (they are just about out of $6.99 PO games now ) today to put down a NASCAR preorder. If I can't switch it I'll just trade it back in to GR and hopefully get $35 + the 25% bonus.

I used PS2 Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, Xbox Starsky & Hutch, and PS2 Kya Dark Lineage, along with a GC Rocky from TRU (for $5). So $13.98 in GR credit and $5 cash got me the preorder. Not a bad deal no matter what I end up doing with the game .

I really wish they'd extend this type of deal to some other games though - it would be nice (as with Nintendogs) for there to be some games I actually want to play. How about Mario Superstar Baseball or the GC Fire Emblem?

you guys are so luck you have GR's around you. oh, and tell us how cancelling the preorder goes.

[quote name='evophile']do you have to take it back to the EB you bought it at? or can you take it to any EB?[/QUOTE]

i take the game and the gift reciept to another EB and return it there. I guess its kinda wierd that the gift reciept is usually dated from the day before, but so far no one has said anything.

And don't "cancel" your pre-order of nascar... "switch it to a new game." It's always worked for me.

I tried cancelling it today without my receipt and they somehow knew I used teh trade-in deal. So I transferred it to a different game with a trade in deal, NBA LIve 06. At least I saved a game since Nascar needed 4 games while NBA needs 5. So I guess now it's YMMV.

Damn, I was at a Half-Price Books today (90 min. away) and I saw a few $3 clearance PS2 games (some old EA games) I saw these for PS2: Spyhunter, State of Emergency, Summoner, Soccer Mania (Lego soccer?), and Strike Force Bowling.

So, I reason, SofE, Summoner are definitely POX . . . Strike Force Bowling must be POX . . . I knew Spyhunter GC was PO and this Soccer Mania must be PO (a quirky game will often fall through the cracks).

So, being conservative (we were buying a stack of books!) I picked up Spy and Soccer . . . turns out that Spyhunter is POX . . . but I don't mind owning it. Soccer Mania is PO . . . so my $3 can become $12.50. But according to the list Strike Force is PO . . . can this be???

Shoot . . . have to have the POX list with me!

[quote name='schultzed']Damn, I was at a Half-Price Books today (90 min. away) and I saw a few $3 clearance PS2 games (some old EA games) I saw these for PS2: Spyhunter, State of Emergency, Summoner, Soccer Mania (Lego soccer?), and Strike Force Bowling.

So, I reason, SofE, Summoner are definitely POX . . . Strike Force Bowling must be POX . . . I knew Spyhunter GC was PO and this Soccer Mania must be PO (a quirky game will often fall through the cracks).

So, being conservative (we were buying a stack of books!) I picked up Spy and Soccer . . . turns out that Spyhunter is POX . . . but I don't mind owning it. Soccer Mania is PO . . . so my $3 can become $12.50. But according to the list Strike Force is PO . . . can this be???

Shoot . . . have to have the POX list with me![/QUOTE]

On the list I have Lego Soccer Mania is POX - there's one of these sitting at GR and I keep passing it up for the deals. However, for $3 I'd buy a new one for my son to play! So if you get stuck with it let me know... And yes, Strike Force Bowling is PO - it is one of the $5 games (after coupon) from Best Buy.

[quote name='io']On the list I have Lego Soccer Mania is POX - there's one of these sitting at GR and I keep passing it up for the deals. However, for $3 I'd buy a new one for my son to play! So if you get stuck with it let me know... And yes, Strike Force Bowling is PO - it is one of the $5 games (after coupon) from Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

#$%@ I looked up Soccer and not Lego, but thanks for saving me from bringing it in . . . that's ok . . . I'll hang onto the Soccer Mania for now but will let you know if I need to dump it.

I thought only one of the group would be PO . . . who'd a thought it would be SFBowling?

Eventually they'll bring back the $5 bonus deal or something for POX games.

[quote name='schultzed']#$%@ I looked up Soccer and not Lego, but thanks for saving me from bringing it in . . . that's ok . . . I'll hang onto the Soccer Mania for now but will let you know if I need to dump it.

I thought only one of the group would be PO . . . who'd a thought it would be SFBowling?

Eventually they'll bring back the $5 bonus deal or something for POX games.[/QUOTE]

blockbusters trade in deals are much more liberal, i save up my POX games for them and dump them when they run some special. They only exclude old sports and wrestling games.

If you have a PSP i recommend keeping a current POX list on it, it's real handy.

[quote name='fivecardstud']blockbusters trade in deals are much more liberal, i save up my POX games for them and dump them when they run some special. They only exclude old sports and wrestling games.

If you have a PSP i recommend keeping a current POX list on it, it's real handy.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of current POX lists, it is about time we had a new one, or at least a check to see if anything has changed. Anyone? :D

[quote name='pop311']where can an average guy get an updated POX list?[/QUOTE]

You need to be an employee of EB or know an employee of EB :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back