POX Lists as of August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just went in to ebgames to cancel my preorder for nascar and the let me do it with no problem and gave me cash, beleive it or not.

[quote name='Epic Wolf']Traded 40 games today, 38 were PO and 2 obviously weren't, lol...a total of $339.75 :)
On a side note I didn't notice the POX games until I got home :roll: otherwise I would've kept them...

Here's the rundown, all are before $5 add-on :

P:hot:X:
007 Nightfire (XB) - $.75
Unreal Championship (XB) - $1[/QUOTE]

That's pretty good . . . to maximize value, I'd suggest taking some of the lower value ones and put them on tradein deals (like Zelda preorder . . . to get $10 instead of 6-7 . . . go in 2 weeks later and say you didn't know about the Zelda delay) and get the credit on your Edge card.

As you said, keep an eye out for POX games . . . give them away instead of taking $1 for a game!

Will these games be accpeted if I were to trade them in toward the $5 bonus(none of them were on the list but seem old enough to be there)
(All for XBOX)
Rainbow 6 3
Red Faction 2
NBA Ballers
PGR 2
Tiger Woods 2005
GTA San Andreas (Will they accept this)

[quote name='Kingjay89']Will these games be accpeted if I were to trade them in toward the $5 bonus(none of them were on the list but seem old enough to be there)
(All for XBOX)
Rainbow 6 3
Red Faction 2
NBA Ballers
PGR 2
Tiger Woods 2005
GTA San Andreas (Will they accept this)[/QUOTE]

If they aren't on the list then they should be accepted, unless they were just recently put on the POX list (which is certainly possible). I have a Rainbow Six 3 to bring in (but mine is PS2) and would like to know if it works - and also what the trade value is so please let us know what happens if you bring them in. I don't know about GTA:SA. They were one of the few (and maybe the only major chain?) still selling new copies when it went AO - so they SHOULD take it back, but you'd have to ask to be sure.

[quote name='io']If they aren't on the list then they should be accepted, unless they were just recently put on the POX list (which is certainly possible). I have a Rainbow Six 3 to bring in (but mine is PS2) and would like to know if it works - and also what the trade value is so please let us know what happens if you bring them in. I don't know about GTA:SA. They were one of the few (and maybe the only major chain?) still selling new copies when it went AO - so they SHOULD take it back, but you'd have to ask to be sure.[/QUOTE]
Alright thanks, ill make sure i find the value of RS3

[quote name='pop311']when is the new list coming?[/QUOTE]

As soon as vietgurl decides to post one or my source decides to provide me with one :D. I have no control over it and am waiting for it just as you are...

[quote name='pop311']who is your "source"?[/QUOTE]

What is your "social security number"? sheesh....

[quote name='Kerig']What is your "social security number"? sheesh....[/QUOTE]

Exactly...

Well, no list yet, but I traded the following today and all were PO:

PS2 Shellshock Nam '67: $4
PS2 Neo Contra: $4
PS2 Atari Anthology: $4
PS2 Narc: $7
PS2 Bad Boys: $4
PS2 Trivial Pursuit: $3
PS2 Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance: $2
PS2 R-Type Final: $3
PS2 Rainbow Six 3: $3
GC Baldur's Gate: $2

I traded in some stuff today, all PO. Prices listed before bonuses.

GCN Batman Vengenance - $2
GCN James Bond: Agent Under Fire - $2
GCN James Bond: Everything Or Nothing - $4
GCN Star Wars Rebel Strike: Rogue Squadron III - $7
GCN TimeSplitters 2 - $2
PS2 Spyhunter 2 - $3

Also (and I'm not sure if this has been posted already, sorry if it has), EB no longer takes music CD's as trade-ins.

Does anyone else have a source? Sorry for disappearing and not going through with my promises but I've had a lot going on in my life in the last couple of weeks. I guess one of my coworkers told my boss that I was printing POX lists and he told me that I can't do that. If no one else has a source, I guess I'll try to continue sneaking out lists (when I go back to work, assuming that I still work there...) but it would be nice if someone else could get the lists.

[quote name='vietgurl']Sorry for disappearing and not going through with my promises but I've had a lot going on in my life in the last couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

I just read through the responses for the first time in a while and read about you being in the hospital - that sucks. :( I can't provide a source, but I wish you the best of luck with everything.

Anyone know if Saturday Night Speedway is POX? or used it lately?
I know its not on the list, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was added.

[quote name='CaoPi']theres a game called butt ugly martians? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Even funnier is that this was a cartoon and toy series.

I traded in 5 games for The Suffering 2.

Starsky and Hutch (PS2)
Rocky (GC)
Spyhunter (GC)
Pinball Hall of Fame (PS2)
Bad Boys (PS2)

I did this trade on Tuesday so they are still PO, they must have so many copies of Bad Boys and S&H at this point.

trade ins for 9/14

me:

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II - Rogue Leader (GC) - $2.00
Full Spectrum Warrior (XBox) - $2.00
Manhunt (PS2) - $2.00
Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time (GC) - $6.00
TimeSplitters 2 (XBox) - $1.00
Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC) - $5.00
Viewtiful Joe (GC) - $2.00
Super Monkey Ball - $4.00
Resident Evil Zero (GC) - $4.00
Fable (XBox) - $7.00

my brother:

The Suffering (XBox) - $3.00
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (XBox) - $25.00
Castlevania: Lament Of Innocence (PS2) - $4.00
TimeSplitters 2 (PS2) - $2.00
Spider-man 2 (XBox) - $4.00

I just traded in the following for Twlight Princess today:

Rocky (PS2)
Rygar (PS2)

And I'll probably drop by in a day or two to add my newly $5 purchased Midway Classics 1 (Target clearance) to that.

But I got a quick question: for these trade 5 in for a pre-order, can you trade in more than one copy of the same game - and if no, if you come back another day, can you? I think it was Blockbuster where you could only trade in the same game once a day or something like that, so maybe EB has something like that. Thanks!

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I just traded in the following for Twlight Princess today:

Rocky (PS2)
Rygar (PS2)

And I'll probably drop by in a day or two to add my newly $5 purchased Midway Classics 1 (Target clearance) to that.

But I got a quick question: for these trade 5 in for a pre-order, can you trade in more than one copy of the same game - and if no, if you come back another day, can you? I think it was Blockbuster where you could only trade in the same game once a day or something like that, so maybe EB has something like that. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I think its YMMV as I've read on here of people trading in FIVE of one came ($1 primals) and other times people get shot down with just two copies of one game.

As for coming another day, I never thought of that, anyone at EB know if the computer keeps a record of what you are trading in? For different offers I know it doesn't otherwise people couldn't keep trading in all those copies of Bad Boys

Anyone try MGS2 for the PS2 lately? I got a feeling it's no longer POX anymore as on ebgames.com it went from 7.99 on 9/13 to 9.99 on 9/14 and from 9.99 to 11.99 this morning. POX list is definatley changing.

Now if only if that crappy copy of Alter Echo I have will go PO.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I just traded in the following for Twlight Princess today:

Rocky (PS2)
Rygar (PS2)

But I got a quick question: for these trade 5 in for a pre-order, can you trade in more than one copy of the same game - and if no, if you come back another day, can you? I think it was Blockbuster where you could only trade in the same game once a day or something like that, so maybe EB has something like that. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Could you tell us what the normal trade values for these games were?

GR has a limit of 2 of the same game per day. I think EB doesn't like more than 1 of the same game on a single transaction. YMMV if you can do another transaction right away or the next day (which shouldn't be a problem especially if a different person is working).

[quote name='evophile']Anyone try MGS2 for the PS2 lately?...on ebgames.com it went from 7.99 on 9/13 to 9.99 on 9/14 and from 9.99 to 11.99 this morning.[/QUOTE]

That's funny. Isn't there a B2G1F sale starting soon at EBGames? I'm 90% certain others mentioned it, and now you've just witnessed EB do the same thing that GameStop gets dumped on for doing: price-hiking the used games for a sale. Expect it to go back down to $7.99 after the B2G1F sale, if that's the case. I don't think MGS2 will EVER be off the POX list :) I bought mine used for $3.99 at a B&M GameStop last year.

[quote name='Kerig']That's funny. Isn't there a B2G1F sale starting soon at EBGames? I'm 90% certain others mentioned it, and now you've just witnessed EB do the same thing that GameStop gets dumped on for doing: price-hiking the used games for a sale. Expect it to go back down to $7.99 after the B2G1F sale, if that's the case. I don't think MGS2 will EVER be off the POX list :) I bought mine used for $3.99 at a B&M GameStop last year.[/QUOTE]

yeah thats shady business. the guys at my EB told me today their going to turn into a Gamestop in the future. That really makes me sad as EB has always been tons better when it comes into trade ins. I hope GS retains those deals. I guess the B2G1 doesn't bother me as much as I usually don't buy used to much but I hate the principle of it.

The guy at EB was pushing the Buy2Get1 Free promo today when I went in...

The following are all PO still, with normal trade-in values following:

PS2 Narc: $7
PS2 Pinball HoF: $3
PS2 Strike Force Bowling: $1
PS2 Tokyo Extreme R3: $2
PS2 Shellshock Nam: $4
PS2 Scaler: $5
GC Tak 2: $4
GC Scooby Doo MM: $6
Xbox: Simpson's Road Rage: $2
Xbox: Mafia: $2

Did some trade ins today:

PS2 Bad Boys is down to $3 now.
PS2 Pride FC $1.50
XBX Ford Mustang $3
XBX Crash n Burn $3

Even though its POX I price checked Clock Tower 3, it only gets $1, but the guys wer surpsied to see that I still had one sealed ,heh.

[quote name='evophile']
PS2 Bad Boys is down to $3 now.
[/QUOTE]

Damn, that sucks. I have a few more of those. I can always just return them though - got plenty of other games from Target clearances. I guess that would still be good for the preorder deals - but those are ending soon right? Are they even still going?

[quote name='io']I guess that would still be good for the preorder deals - but those are ending soon right? Are they even still going?[/QUOTE]

There's still a "Trade 5: get The Suffering 2" deal, and I think one other sports title. (NBA '06?) They might still keep doing them, but they'll probably be much more strict about the whole flipping credit policy.

[quote name='Kerig']There's still a "Trade 5: get The Suffering 2" deal, and I think one other sports title. (NBA '06?) They might still keep doing them, but they'll probably be much more strict about the whole flipping credit policy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought those two were still active. But both games come out next 2 weeks don't they? So there's not too much time for those deals. I need to use some of the $1-$3 valued games for those. Heck, I can just eBay them to help pay for some of the trade-in fodder I used for the $5 bonus deal.

Just looked at EBgames.com - They both come out (or at least ship for online orders) Sept. 26th. So I assume that means the store release date is Tuesday the 27th. Hmmm... isn't that date significant for other reasons? :D.

The following are still PO as of Sept. 17th:

PS2 - Hunter Wayward: $2
PS2 - Rocky: $1.50
PS2 - Strike Force Bowling: $1
PS2 - Beyond Good & Evil: $2
PS2 - Pinball Hall of Fame: $3
PS2 - Shellshock Nam: $4
PS2 - Yu Yu Hakusha: $4
PS2 - Atari Anthology: $4
PS2 - Bad Boys: $3
PS2 - SRS: $4
PS2 - Tak 2: $4
Xbox - MX World Tour: $1
Xbox - Silent Hill 4: $4

i brought 3 cheap games at ebgames today and i noticed something funny

i got Knockout kings 2003, wolverines revenge, and Tonka rescue patrol, and there were 2 copies of the tonka game, 1 at $7.99 with the POX on the tag and a date from August while the other was $9.99 with PO on the tag with a date from september, now they rang up as $9.99 so basically what i am saying is why would they remove a game from the pox list like that

Checked some games:

PS2 Saturday Night Speedway - $2
XBX Ford Mustang - $3

Does anybody know how the gift reciept works on a preorder deal? Meaning, do you ask for it when you trade in the games, or when you pick it up?

It's my nephew's b-day coming up and I want to get him NBA Live 06. He's a known b-ball freak so in case someone gets it for him I'd like for him to have a choice to get something else just in case.

[quote name='evophile']Checked some games:

PS2 Saturday Night Speedway - $2
XBX Ford Mustang - $3

Does anybody know how the gift reciept works on a preorder deal? Meaning, do you ask for it when you trade in the games, or when you pick it up?

It's my nephew's b-day coming up and I want to get him NBA Live 06. He's a known b-ball freak so in case someone gets it for him I'd like for him to have a choice to get something else just in case.[/QUOTE]

When you pick it up. I plan on doing that with an NBA Live too...

anyone know if Enter the Matrix(ps2) is still PO? I know it's not on the list on this topic but I was wondering if anyone had traded it recently.

games I traded:

Gungrave OD $2 + $5
GT4 $10 + $5
Lumines $20 + $5
Shinobi $2 + $5
Midnight Club 2 Xbox $3 + $5
Manhunt Xbox $3 + $5

TOTAL EXACTLY $70 in store credit

[quote name='ManChowder']anyone know if Enter the Matrix(ps2) is still PO? I know it's not on the list on this topic but I was wondering if anyone had traded it recently.[/QUOTE]

worked for me sunday

I saw someone trade in Matrix a few days ago and it was still PO.

I did a preorder for the Suffering awhile back and I remember the guy telling me my reciept was the "pickup" reciept. I don't remember being told this before. But I also haven't done an EB preorder in awhile.

Only reason I'm asking is because I can't find that receipt for the life of me. Do you really need the receipit for the pickup? Because I know EB has my name and info under my phone # in their computers.

Thanks guys-

I haven't done a trade in for a few weeks . . . took awhile to pick up and return all those Nascar games :)

Ghost Recon Xbox $2
Namco Muse GC $4
Midway AT PS2 $3
Cubix PS2 .75
S Road Rage XB $2

Would have been $36.75 with the bonus but I got $50 on NBA Live instead.

[quote name='evophile']I saw someone trade in Matrix a few days ago and it was still PO.

I did a preorder for the Suffering awhile back and I remember the guy telling me my reciept was the "pickup" reciept. I don't remember being told this before. But I also haven't done an EB preorder in awhile.

Only reason I'm asking is because I can't find that receipt for the life of me. Do you really need the receipit for the pickup? Because I know EB has my name and info under my phone # in their computers.

Thanks guys-[/QUOTE]

No receipt needed - just your ID. I make sure NOT to have my receipt so I can ask for the gift receipt and they won't notice/remember I got the game with trade-in deals.

[quote name='schultzed']I haven't done a trade in for a few weeks . . . took awhile to pick up and return all those Nascar games :)

Ghost Recon Xbox $2
Namco Muse GC $4
Midway AT PS2 $3
Cubix PS2 .75
S Road Rage XB $2

Would have been $36.75 with the bonus but I got $50 on NBA Live instead.[/QUOTE]

I was going to do one more preorder deal - I was thinking the GC version of NBA Live since someone said it is $39.99. I assumed this meant the games would only be bumped to $40 total, but apparently they still bump them to $50, so you get an instant $10 credit in addition to the preorder. In case they won't take the return and you need to eBay it, or simply give it as a gift (which I might actually do) then that is a better deal than the other versions (assuming you don't care about the "Live" crap). I'm going to try that tonight.

[quote name='io']No receipt needed - just your ID. I make sure NOT to have my receipt so I can ask for the gift receipt and they won't notice/remember I got the game with trade-in deals.[/QUOTE]

cool good to know. thanks io, now I don't have to worry

[quote name='io']I was going to do one more preorder deal - I was thinking the GC version of NBA Live since someone said it is $39.99. I assumed this meant the games would only be bumped to $40 total, but apparently they still bump them to $50, so you get an instant $10 credit in addition to the preorder. In case they won't take the return and you need to eBay it, or simply give it as a gift (which I might actually do) then that is a better deal than the other versions (assuming you don't care about the "Live" crap). I'm going to try that tonight.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I'll have to try a GC one on Monday.

Funny, as I did the "preorder" (no intention of getting it) the cool dude (gave me the Ninja Gaiden tshirt without a preorder this week) said "great, we need more copies of it!" Apparently they like it when I preorder a game on these deals because it gets them extra stock which they generally need. So, my flipping is valued at my local???

[quote name='schultzed']Nice, I'll have to try a GC one on Monday.

Funny, as I did the "preorder" (no intention of getting it) the cool dude (gave me the Ninja Gaiden tshirt without a preorder this week) said "great, we need more copies of it!" Apparently they like it when I preorder a game on these deals because it gets them extra stock which they generally need. So, my flipping is valued at my local???[/QUOTE]

Did the GC one today, and got the $10.01 credit in addition to the preorder - very nice.

PS2 Tak 2: $4
Xbox MX World Tour: $1

and as of today (Sept. 23) PS2 Rocky, PS2 Midway AT 1, and PS2 Strike Force Bowling are all still PO.

Wish I hadn't used Tak 2 for this deal - I should have saved that for the $5 bonus. But when I took it in the other day the guy, for some reason, didnt scan it even though he scanned all my other games - I think he must typed in the code for Tak 1 and it only showed $2 or $3 so I saved it for this trade. Oh well...

It *REALLY* depends on what TRU does with their 70% (or not) on Tuesday now.

I just bumped my first Suffering pre-order to a Fatal Frame 3 one and then pre-ordered The Suffering 2 again(using the trade 5 deal), my local EB was totally cool with this.
Anyways here's what I used(all PO):

Driv3r(xbox)-$2 before bump
Bad Boys(ps2)-$3 before bump
Tron 2.0(xbox)-$2 before bump
MAT 1(ps2)-$2 before bump
Enter the matrix(ps2)-$1 before bump

awesome! I hope that EB has some more trade in deals next month, I wouldn't mind a trade 5 for Battlefield 2 or Soul Calibur 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back