Pre-order: Atelier Totori PS3 Premium Set $60 (+ tax) Free Shipping from NIS

Asgardian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I cannot believe it, NIS offering free shipping! I ordered...

Atelier Totori Premium Set Includes:
• Atelier Totori Premium Box
- Atelier Totori for PS3
- Full color, softcover artbook (+30 pages)
- Atelier Totori OST

• FREE Bonus 18"x24" double-sided poster while supplies last! This poster is made of tear-resistant and waterproof paper, whose creases will appear fainter with time. Once this poster is out, we will not be restocking this bonus item. We will note here when the poster is no longer available.

Platform: PlayStation®3
Publisher: GUST, INC.
Genre: RPG
Players: 1
Release Date: September 27, 2011

media.nl

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Does NIS charge in advance or when it ships?[/QUOTE]
a little bit of both actually lol (mostly when it ships though)
They won't charge you right away when you get it (not with a perm charge, a temp charge to make sure the payment method is valid may show up) but you may end up getting charged a little earlier than you expected. I have Disgaea 4 on order from them (releases Sept 6th) and I got charged yesterday for it. On the other hand though they gave me warning that they would be charging early and have said they will be shipping it out no later than August 29th, which will lead to a high chance that I will have it before street date.

I could have sworn when I ordered Disgaea 4, I was charged that same day and never saw the $119 charge come back to my account or disappear, just stayed minus that amount. That was 2 months ago. Then on Wednesday out of nowhere, BAM, charged the $119 again! I can't help but feel like I've paid $238 for D4, so just ordered this and keeping a close watch this time to make sure. Thanks OP!

Got preordered, thanks for the heads up, Greenspark same thing it showing up as a pending charge for $119 for about a week then went back into the account. But later one when they did the early pay to get ready for shipping the charge came in and did go through my bank account.

[quote name='Pend']Got preordered, thanks for the heads up, Greenspark same thing it showing up as a pending charge for $119 for about a week then went back into the account. But later one when they did the early pay to get ready for shipping the charge came in and did go through my bank account.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, thanks for the insight. I order so much online every week, I often don't look into charges past the day I made the purchase, so that's how I forgot this one. No way I would have thought to check it a week later, when I'm on to the next thing. I'll try to remember to check this one next week round this time.

Thanks, preordered. Although it's been 5 years game time, doesn't Rorona still look like she's 14 (judging from google screenshots)?

[quote name='zulux21']a little bit of both actually lol (mostly when it ships though)
They won't charge you right away when you get it (not with a perm charge, a temp charge to make sure the payment method is valid may show up) but you may end up getting charged a little earlier than you expected. I have Disgaea 4 on order from them (releases Sept 6th) and I got charged yesterday for it. On the other hand though they gave me warning that they would be charging early and have said they will be shipping it out no later than August 29th, which will lead to a high chance that I will have it before street date.[/QUOTE]

You probably will get it before the street date. NISA typically ships out orders well before the street date (I'd guess its probably around the same time they ship out orders to retailers) and my last two preorders from them arrive 1-2 days before the street date, and that was a shipment practically all the way across the country to the east coast.

[quote name='Ramandur']just curious. is this game more for 12 year old girls or pedophiles[/QUOTE]

Seriously, STFU, troll.

I'm a pretty big fan of the Atelier series, so I'm gonna get this. And yes, NIS does charge your card at pre-order, but its all good if I'm gonna buy it anyway. :D

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why don't you guys just order from Amazon? Unless you really want that poster.[/QUOTE]

not charged for tax or shipping here...much rather order it straight from nisa. thanks op

Gaaah and Yaaay!! XD

Gaaah!!! Because can't pre-order until I clear my Credit Card from Fraud Protection tomorrow. (My order for Arcana Heart 3: Limited Edition that I ordered from the UK apparently flagged my credit card.)

And Yaaay!! Because NISA finally cashed in my NIS points into Gift Certificates!!

[quote name='proKoyeon']not charged for tax or shipping here...much rather order it straight from nisa. thanks op[/QUOTE]

More importantly, with Amazon it is very likely it will arrive dinged and dented. The first few NIS releases in these deluxe boxes I ordered from Amazon arrived mangled. Finally, I decided it's worth the extra $5 in tax to get something I know will be shipped safely and will arrive on time.

[quote name='bojay1997']More importantly, with Amazon it is very likely it will arrive dinged and dented. The first few NIS releases in these deluxe boxes I ordered from Amazon arrived mangled. Finally, I decided it's worth the extra $5 in tax to get something I know will be shipped safely and will arrive on time.[/QUOTE]

Arrive on time? Haha they always seem to send them before even GameStop and Amazon.com get their copies. No idea if they ship the same time as they ship to GameStop and Amazon.com Distribution Centers or what but its pretty neat to get orders 2-3 days before the street date. ^__^

But yeah, NIS has been excellent with packaging as well.

[quote name='RedEagleEX']Arrive on time? Haha they always seem to send them before even GameStop and Amazon.com get their copies. No idea if they ship the same time as they ship to GameStop and Amazon.com Distribution Centers or what but its pretty neat to get orders 2-3 days before the street date. ^__^

But yeah, NIS has been excellent with packaging as well.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I thought I heard stories where they're way late on shipping. Maybe it was a different company, I'll switch my order to NIS then.

[quote name='janesvilleninja']anyone know if it's another gathering/fetch quest game ?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's similar to the first game, but with better additions and tweaks. They've added a turn counter for battles to see who's turn is upcoming so players can plan out attacks, unlike in the first game. Instead of having mana and health integrated with skill usage, they've separated it so that the two have their own gauges, as well as adding a new gauge that mimics action fatigue. They've also added more cel-shaded cinematics and enhanced the synthesis interface. it seems they also expanded the map, wherein exploring dungeons is a lot more enjoyable. Overall, however, the gameplay is basically the same as the last game, albeit being a lot more polished.

I'm pretty excited for this game, especially seeing the chibi Chims (they can't beat Hom though).

A12_02_004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I'm so excited to play this. I have to wait until next week to preorder since I get paid then. I will preorder directly from NISA like I did with Disgaea 4.

Actually working from home today so I can play Rorona (on my first playthrough) and I'm about to hit year 2. Really nice game and I enjoy it so I'll def be pre-ordering this. Thanks OP, I had actually checked NIS yesterday but the pre-order apparently wasn't up yet.

Thanks, OP. Premium Edition is only $59.99, lower than usual for this kind of set.

[quote name='Ramandur']just curious. is this game more for 12 year old girls or pedophiles[/QUOTE]

Yes, baby's first troll is adorable. But now the big people are talking.

Pre-ordered - thanks OP!

I managed to stumble across Rorona on clearance at Best Buy for 20 dollars. I haven't played it yet (darn you massive backlog), but I should try to get through it before this arrives.

[quote name='morrodox']Thanks, OP. Premium Edition is only $59.99, lower than usual for this kind of set.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, NIS America's Premium Editions for all their games they've released so far (Ar Tonelico Qoga, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Disgaea 4) have come out at $59.99, standard at 49.99 if a standard edition comes out. But it's still a great deal considering all the extras they give you (and the rarity value too, for those who care).

Somewhat of an off-topic question, but still about NIS. Does anyone know if the $119.99 edition of Disgaea 4 comes with an exclusive box that has all the figures inside? Or is it just gonna be a regular premium edition box with all the figures packaged separately?

Damnit, the 27th was going to be my one week without buying a new release game too. So much for that. So starting from Sept 20th to Nov 15, at least 1 new game a week. :wall:

Definitely pre-ordering this from NIS though. :D

Thanks OP

[quote name='bojay1997']More importantly, with Amazon it is very likely it will arrive dinged and dented. The first few NIS releases in these deluxe boxes I ordered from Amazon arrived mangled. Finally, I decided it's worth the extra $5 in tax to get something I know will be shipped safely and will arrive on time.[/QUOTE]
The extra $5 basically nets you a poster ordering from NIS.

[quote name='adriley313']Question:
Do they charge your PayPal account when you pre-order or when they ship?[/QUOTE]

Same question, only substitute PayPal account for Credit Card.

I'm about to pre-order Disgaea 4 and Atelier Totori, but I can't shell out the 120 right away.

[quote name='TraBuch']Somewhat of an off-topic question, but still about NIS. Does anyone know if the $119.99 edition of Disgaea 4 comes with an exclusive box that has all the figures inside? Or is it just gonna be a regular premium edition box with all the figures packaged separately?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292553[/QUOTE]

ya that doesn't answer the question. I was curious about that too. The link just shows what the JP version came with. Theres no guarantee we'll get that for the US release. Its possible it may just come in little platic bags or something. They cheaped out on the sountrack on one of their games recently... cant remember which one

[quote name='AugustAPC']Same question, only substitute PayPal account for Credit Card.

I'm about to pre-order Disgaea 4 and Atelier Totori, but I can't shell out the 120 right away.[/QUOTE]

paypal = for the most part it will charge right when you finish checkout

creditcard = disgaea 4 preorders are already being charged, so you will be charged 4 that (source: my credit card charged yesterday)...for atelier you wont be charged until about 7-10 days before its release

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya that doesn't answer the question. I was curious about that too. The link just shows what the JP version came with. Theres no guarantee we'll get that for the US release. Its possible it may just come in little platic bags or something. They cheaped out on the sountrack on one of their games recently... cant remember which one[/QUOTE]

It does answer the question. One of the spoilers has a picture of a big ass box for the figures. I think the game is packaged separately though.

[quote name='proKoyeon']paypal = for the most part it will charge right when you finish checkout

creditcard = disgaea 4 preorders are already being charged, so you will be charged 4 that (source: my credit card charged yesterday)...for atelier you wont be charged until about 7-10 days before its release[/QUOTE]

Ah shit. Do you guys think Disgaea 4 will be available for preorder into September?

I can't really afford to drop the 60 bucks until the 1st or 2nd, but I definitely want this game preordered :|

[quote name='AugustAPC']Ah shit. Do you guys think Disgaea 4 will be available for preorder into September?

I can't really afford to drop the 60 bucks until the 1st or 2nd, but I definitely want this game preordered :|[/QUOTE]

I believe the website says its taking them up to the day before release which i think would be the 5th

[quote name='Kenshindono']I believe the website says its taking them up to the day before release which i think would be the 5th[/QUOTE]

Arigatou, tomodachi.

[quote name='Kenshindono']kinda related to this, just saw the newes
http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/08/nisa-acquires-brs-license/

I wasn't even aware they had released an RPG based on the series! reminds me i still need to watch the OVA[/QUOTE]

The game looks decent enough, but it'll be a while until they actually localize it considering it just came out recently. I haven't heard of Black Rock Shooter until very recently this summer and only because it was related to Miku Hatsune, but I like their grim and futuristic art styles. At least I can look forward to the anime they're developing for next year.

[quote name='HakaHina']The game looks decent enough, but it'll be a while until they actually localize it considering it just came out recently. I haven't heard of Black Rock Shooter until very recently this summer and only because it was related to Miku Hatsune, but I like their grim and futuristic art styles. At least I can look forward to the anime they're developing for next year.[/QUOTE]

hmm i wasn't aware they were doing a full blown anime for this. Looking it up it seems its tentatively scheduled for January of next year. Interesting. I better get on watching that OVA, lol

as for this game, i guess i'll probably pre order it. I have still not played the last one. Honestly i gave up on the games on the ps2 because the first one had ab ug at the end where the game froze on the final boss.. pissed me off. I still bought the sequels for some reason, but never played any of them. Im just collecting them to collect them at this point

I guess I probably should finish Rorona before I try to tackle Totori, huh?

It does look great though, plus I'm all for more JRPGs coming stateside since they are kinda few and far between nowadays. :(

bread's done
Back