Pre order Black ops 2 receive @Gamer special COD editon free

jonnysniper

CAGiversary!
Saw on bestbuys twitter that they were giving away @Gamer COD editon for free when you pre order balck ops 2 just went cashier rung up pre order first then magazine and it automatically worked payed only 5 bucks

https://twitter.com/bestbuy/status/255412349241008128

This way if you haven't preorder and you were you can get coupons without having to buy mag

*update*for some people needing more than a tweet here's a Facebook link I know it's not much but it might help http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...a.10150544516022022.400085.12699262021&type=1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xRidley']So the magazine is $10..but a preorder is $5. Even if you don't get the $5 back that makes no sense but not that surprising.

Anyway I planned on pre-ordering for the $20 credit anyways and wanted that PSN+ coupon so it is a pretty good deal[/QUOTE]

It's a move to promote the @Gamer and inevitably GCU paid memberships.

[quote name='Donut2922']It's a move to promote the @Gamer and inevitably GCU paid memberships.[/QUOTE]

But this edition is not included in the GCU membership - that's why this is so weird. Kind of odd to run a promo saying "if you joined our club you still wouldn't get this magazine" lol.

[quote name='Mugatu']But this edition is not included in the GCU membership - that's why this is so weird. Kind of odd to run a promo saying "if you joined our club you still wouldn't get this magazine" lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it's a still a coupon packet that all preordering customers are entitled to. If I got that mag and flipped through the coupons, it would definitely pique my interest in GCU and get me to start asking the gaming rep some questions about the program.

Any savvy employee would use this as a perfect opportunity to segue into the $20 RZ promo offer which would essentially pay off your membership and $5 deposit for free (cash flow arguments aside).

[quote name='Mugatu']But this edition is not included in the GCU membership - that's why this is so weird. Kind of odd to run a promo saying "if you joined our club you still wouldn't get this magazine" lol.[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh. I like the way you think!

[quote name='Rockinjs']Let me add on to that what if I already got a pre order in for the care package I guess I'm just SOL huh? Should have just added to all existing pre orders as well[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. FYI, care packages are sold out so don't cancel it if you really want it.

I mentioned this offer to two gaming reps today and they didn't know anything about it. Hell, they still had the September mags out and the October and Black Ops II mags were still bound in the back. I showed them the Twitter page, but they wanted to confirm with a manager. Manger said they don't honor Twitter. It has to be on BB.com or something official. They wouldn't even ring it up to see if it packaged out. I told them I'd be back later in the week when they figure it out.

[quote name='klimb22']It has to be on BB.com or something official.[/QUOTE]

Funny since the twitter account is verified. Not surprised most employees know nothing about this deal though.

[quote name='klimb22']I mentioned this offer to two gaming reps today and they didn't know anything about it. Hell, they still had the September mags out and the October and Black Ops II mags were still bound in the back. I showed them the Twitter page, but they wanted to confirm with a manager. Manger said they don't honor Twitter. It has to be on BB.com or something official. They wouldn't even ring it up to see if it packaged out. I told them I'd be back later in the week when they figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's brutal. My best buy was clueless about this offer too but they just rang it up to see if it would work and it did

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks OP. I'll try this tomorrow. I Gamer unlocked membership is expiring in a couple days. I was also going to try to see if I could get the Call of duty magazine free with my renewal. Has anyone tried this?[/QUOTE]

I did no go

Just got back from Best Buy and it worked for me. Manager didn't know about the promotion but he did ring it up and the magazine went through as free with the preorder. I only really got this for the PSN Plus so if anyone is interested in the Xbox Live Coupon, let me know.

What if I pre-ordered the Hardened Edition Online, didn't use a reward zone account when I made the order. Last week I bought Gamers Unlock for my RZ account. Is there anyway I can apply the purchase towards my RZ or do I have to wait until after launch?

[quote name='haveacigar_46']What if I pre-ordered the Hardened Edition Online, didn't use a reward zone account when I made the order. Last week I bought Gamers Unlock for my RZ account. Is there anyway I can apply the purchase towards my RZ or do I have to wait until after launch?[/QUOTE]

Use the "Report missing points" option on myrewardzone.com to add the order to you RZ account.

Well I pre ordered the game and the mag rang up for free without an override. For those who havent seen it up close here are some things Ive noticed about this mag

.the days that the coupons are valid through the day they expire are differint for some of the coupons. For ex: the mw3 and black ops ones are from 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 but the mw2 one is from 11/11/12 - 1/5/13 ... Wtf ?
.in the history of cod section of the mag they mention every cod except world at war (bad job editors ... Really bad)
.while this is a silly one the coupons dont have the easy tear thing around them so you have to cut them out carefully like its pre school all over again lol

since the mw2 coupon runs through black Friday I hope it goes on sale on bf for 9.99 so we can get it for free !!!!!! oh and im gonna cancel the preorder within the next day or two lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did this at a local Best Buy with no issues. It sucks that because hourly employees don't know of it, they shoot you down without even trying.

PS> I have no intention of buying Black Ops II

I wanna' share a story with you guys regarding this whole cancellation of pre-order(s) business at BB.

Last week when I went to pick-up my pre-ordered copy of RE 6, and noticed that I could get the LE strategy guide for it at 25% off (when purchased on the same receipt), I told the cust. service rep at the pick-up desk that I wanted the guide as well. They got me the guide all right, but I guess the rep figured the easiest way to package the guide along with the game (so as to get me that 25% discount on the guide), would be to CANCEL my pre-order of the game (returning the $5 to my BBRZ Master Card), and then ring up both the game and the guide as if I was purchasing those items just then. I didn't catch the rep doing this at the time, but I realized what she had done when I got home and took a good look at the receipt.

So you all can guess what happened to the $20 worth of bonus RZ points (1,000 points) that I was supposed to get for pre-ordering RE 6, right? They were nowhere to be seen when I went to check my RZ account online, and it was all because the rep had cancelled my pre-order so I could purchase the game & LE guide together to take advantage of the 25% discount on the guide! Well, being a Premiere Silver member, I called RZ and explained the situation. The rep I spoke to was very courteous and apologized for the inconvenience (even though he obviously wasn't responsible for it). Not only did he award me the 1,000 bonus points for the pre-order of RE 6, but also an additional 250 ($5 worth) points for the trouble! That was indeed very cool of him to do so, and I was able to get the matter resolved.

So what's the moral of the story? Well, for those of you LIKE ME, who are planning on cancelling your existing pre-order of BlOps II, so you can RE-pre-order it and get the exclusive COD-themed @Gamer mag for free, JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE GETTING YOUR $20 WORTH OF RZ BONUS POINTS WHEN YOU PICK-UP THE ACTUAL GAME COME NOVEMBER! I know this isn't quite the same situation as what happened with my RE 6 purchase (because in this case you're still pre-ordering BlOPs II), but it's always good to monitor your RZ account and ensure that you're getting the bonuses you're supposed to.

What's stopping people who already have a preorder from just preordering a new copy and then canceling it? Is there a 1-preorder-per-person policy or something?

Wow, thank you people of CAG, this is perfect timing. I was just thinking of canceling my Gamestop pre-order (whose fourth wave just came out, you got a double-sided poster, a prestige token, the standard pre-order Nuketown map, the double XP first weekend, and a sweepstakes entry or an avatar item & another sweepstakes entry or a playercard theme) in favour of the $20 GC & Nuketown map. So now that I also get a $10 mag (with a $15 coupon for a year of Xbox Live), this is a no-brainer.
I mean, Gamestop tried (the stuff is more or less worth the $5 deposit) but it just doesn't even cut it close to competing with $20 towards a future purchase & the Nuketown map (still wish they offered those dog tags..).

Thank god I renewed my @Gamer so I could get the $20 credit with Dishonored (which is awesome, by the way).

I'm sure Best Buy planned this all along and was just waiting for the last Gamestop pre-order bonus to drop to appeal to the people who were disappointed (like myself).

Question, I haven't canceled a pre-order since ACIII like 2 months ago, and I got cash. You're saying that they only give you credit back now?

Also, fyi, all those sweepstakes are ones where no purchase is necessary to enter. Read the fine print, there should theoretically be other ways to enter.

I can confirm that unless you're REALLY lucky and they don't care/look the other way or are working with an incompetent employee, they will not give you the CoD issue with renewal. I had 2 separate chances to nab the CoD mag instead of the October edition (which I kept forgetting to take home from the store but ended up getting in the mail a week after GCU renewal), and I let it slip through my fingers. So this is good news.

I wanted to say something funny that happened while I was getting the mag they were supposed to give me in store (I left it behind in the store 2 separate times when they were supposed to give it to me) after I renewed after my membership expired in late Sep., along with Dishonored yesterday, but I realized it may give an increase to shoplifting...

This is a bit off topic but if I'm missing this month;s @Gamer would they give me one in store? I know I've missed Game Informer issues before and just asked for one at my local Game Stop and they gave it to me after checking to see if I was a member.

It's early enough in the month that they might tell you to wait a little longer for it to ship, but otherwise they'll probably do the same thing, check if you're a member, and give you a mag in-store. Just try to make sure they see it's not a regular practice. If they do turn you away, try again in a week or so, I'd say trying in the middle of the month as opposed to the end looks less suspicious and in a case like this, they kinda have to take you at your word/trustability.

I went last night to my Emeryville, CA Best Buy and they were totally clueless about any special issue for COD and told me my Assassin's Creed issue was the only one for this month. Has anyone actually picked this thing up?

[quote name='Pauler']I went last night to my Emeryville, CA Best Buy and they were totally clueless about any special issue for COD and told me my Assassin's Creed issue was the only one for this month. Has anyone actually picked this thing up?[/QUOTE]

Both issues have been in store for at least a week.

[quote name='Xombie007']

Last week when I went to pick-up my pre-ordered copy of RE 6, and noticed that I could get the LE strategy guide for it at 25% off (when purchased on the same receipt), I told the cust. service rep at the pick-up desk that I wanted the guide as well. They got me the guide all right, but I guess the rep figured the easiest way to package the guide along with the game (so as to get me that 25% discount on the guide), would be to CANCEL my pre-order of the game (returning the $5 to my BBRZ Master Card), and then ring up both the game and the guide as if I was purchasing those items just then. I didn't catch the rep doing this at the time, but I realized what she had done when I got home and took a good look at the receipt.

So you all can guess what happened to the $20 worth of bonus RZ points (1,000 points) that I was supposed to get for pre-ordering RE 6, right? They were nowhere to be seen when I went to check my RZ account online, and it was all because the rep had cancelled my pre-order so I could purchase the game & LE guide together to take advantage of the 25% discount on the guide! Well, being a Premiere Silver member, I called RZ and explained the situation. The rep I spoke to was very courteous and apologized for the inconvenience (even though he obviously wasn't responsible for it). Not only did he award me the 1,000 bonus points for the pre-order of RE 6, but also an additional 250 ($5 worth) points for the trouble! That was indeed very cool of him to do so, and I was able to get the matter resolved .[/QUOTE]

BB forum mods already stated that they will do a daily sweep of all GCU preorder cancellations that had a separate purchase to properly credit everybody eligible. You just needed to be patient or asked CAG. So you inadvertently stole another $25 RZ cert. Congrats.

I got the COD issue earlier today, and I have to say if you're a fan of Black Ops 2 you'll probably find the magazine worthwhile. Lots of developer interviews and info about the game.

There's also a "recap" about every major console COD in the past and some interviews with some of the game's voice actors.

Strangely though, it doesn't even mention Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified coming out for Vita this fall. There's no reference to it at all in the magazine, it seems. Looks like Sony & Activision really want this game to bomb...

[quote name='Mugatu']This is a bit off topic but if I'm missing this month;s @Gamer would they give me one in store? I know I've missed Game Informer issues before and just asked for one at my local Game Stop and they gave it to me after checking to see if I was a member.[/QUOTE]

I just got my issue today. Yours might just be a little late.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Anyone want my xbox live @gamer coupon ? Pm me if interested and we can work out a trade :)[/QUOTE]

I'm offering the same thing, i have no use for it

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I can confirm that unless you're REALLY lucky and they don't care/look the other way or are working with an incompetent employee, they will not give you the CoD issue with renewal.[/QUOTE]

Got it today with renewal. Although, they didn't have any of the normal issues and it was the regular gaming rep.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I just got my issue today. Yours might just be a little late.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right - have nothing to read on the john right now - it's so boring in there.

[quote name='Donut2922']BB forum mods already stated that they will do a daily sweep of all GCU preorder cancellations that had a separate purchase to properly credit everybody eligible. You just needed to be patient or asked CAG. So you inadvertently stole another $25 RZ cert. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

No, I disagree! You said they were doing a "DAILY SWEEP," right? Well, I picked up my copy of RE 6 and purchased the LE guide along with it on Oct. 3rd (1 day after the release date). Again, the in-store clerk actually CANCELLED my pre-order, and rang up the game and the LE guide as an ordinary purchase but packaged them together, so that I can get the 25% discount on the guide. And that's why I never did get the pre-order bonus for this game (as my pre-order was cancelled), until I called the Premiere Silver RZ cust. service # on the 8th (SEVERAL DAYS after the purchase) and explained the whole situation to them. Even before the 8th, I could see that all of the other purchase points relating to that transaction were already posted to my RZ account... all EXCEPT the 1,000 bonus pre-order points that is.

And this certainly was NOT the case when I pre-ordered and picked up Borderlands 2 or Madden NFL 13 (my 1,000 bonus points for pre-ordering each of those games showed up alongside the other purchase points that I received for those game purchases).

Today's the 10th BTW, and BB RZ certainly haven't awarded me any additonal points in regards to the RE 6 transaction. Frankly, I don't know why BB forum mods would even say that they would AUTOMATICALLY award the $20 worth pre-order bonus to those who cancelled their pre-order, and then make a future purchase AFTER the release date. After all, that was never the deal!

Now if you fall into a situation as I did with my RE 6 purchase, where the pre-order was cancelled without my knowledge by the store clerk, then you should be able to call RZ to resolve that matter. But when they say they're doing it AUTOMATICALLY via a "daily sweep," that's a bunch of garbage! Don't even fall for that... keep a close eye on your RZ account and make sure you are getting all that you're supposed to!

I went in today and got this deal...thanks OP! I did have to specifically tell the cashier how to do it though...when I asked him about the deal he just snarkily replied "Well I haven't heard about that." and that since I was GCU "Your issue should be in the mail; I just got mine last week." He rang it up, it worked...didn't say a word to me. What a doucher.

Does anyone know if they can look up orders by CC#? Can't seem to find my Dead Island Riptide pre order receipt, would love to transfer that to a COD pre order and get the mag.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']what if i already pre ordered?[/QUOTE]

Has anyone who already pre-ordered tried to get the magazine by bringing in their receipt?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Does anyone know if they can look up orders by CC#? Can't seem to find my Dead Island Riptide pre order receipt, would love to transfer that to a COD pre order and get the mag.[/QUOTE]

Picked up my copy earlier today. They can look up your receipt with your name; credit card, phone number, and/or reward zone number.

[quote name='arbailey']Has anyone who already pre-ordered tried to get the magazine by bringing in their receipt?[/QUOTE]

Brought my receipt in today and told the guy it said a free mag on twitter, he made me go to CS to do a return/rebuy of the pre-order and I got my mag.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Picked up my copy earlier today. They can look up your receipt with your name; credit card, phone number, and/or reward zone number.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! If I can't find my receipt I'll just go in and do that.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Do you have to be GCU to get the free mag when PO? My friend wants one[/QUOTE]

No, you don't. I wasn't one and they still rang it up for me

[quote name='strait edge ']
y of cod section of the mag they mention every cod except world at war (bad job editors ... Really bad)[/QUOTE]

lol someone just looked at the pretty pictures...WaW has its own section in the text of the article but it isn't featured in a sidebar (probably since it's kind of the "lost" CoD in between MW1/2). lern2reid

Updated with URL to Facebook link I know some people have been having trouble it might not be much but maybe it'll help someone

I just skimmed through the thread and I could not find the exact answer to this question: what coupons are in this magazine?

[quote name='chris00cm']I just skimmed through the thread and I could not find the exact answer to this question: what coupons are in this magazine?[/QUOTE]

Here are coupons taken from http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327310

[quote name='Waheed']For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Thanks for the info! If I can't find my receipt I'll just go in and do that.[/QUOTE]

No doubt man. Trust me. They should be able to find it for you.

Pre-ordered BLOPS2 tonight, no problem getting the free mag.
I was planning on getting BLOPS2 and PSN+ anyway so I'm happy, almost makes up for the crappy @gamer coupons lately.

"$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital"

What does psn, posa, and digital mean? I saw the $50 ps+ 1-year cards but I don't know what you are referring to and what other psn cards are eligible.

[quote name='Waheed']For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Call-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998[/QUOTE]

First Black Ops is up to $17 Base TIV now.
I think I'll trade it, and then use the coupon on the newer version with the extra maps.
Should make about $5 on the exchange as well.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']No doubt man. Trust me. They should be able to find it for you.[/QUOTE]

^ Right... if you lose your original receipt, they can use your info. to look up your RZ account and literally print out a DUPLICATE receipt.

[quote name='Flacksguy']First Black Ops is up to $17 Base TIV now.
I think I'll trade it, and then use the coupon on the newer version with the extra maps.
Should make about $5 on the exchange as well.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is giving 25.50 tickets for the first black ops FYI

[quote name='KanYozakura']So CS scanned my license when I canceled my Riptide preorder...should I be concerned about canceling this one?[/QUOTE]

Well, it doesn't seem to be on the list of games for the $20 (1,000 points) RZ bonus, right? And I'm assuming you're being allowed to keep the steelbook that you picked up at pre-order. So win-win, I'd say. Infact, I think I'm going to pre-order and cancel as well just to get that steelbook.

bread's done
Back