Pre order Black ops 2 receive @Gamer special COD editon free

jonnysniper

CAGiversary!
Saw on bestbuys twitter that they were giving away @Gamer COD editon for free when you pre order balck ops 2 just went cashier rung up pre order first then magazine and it automatically worked payed only 5 bucks

https://twitter.com/bestbuy/status/255412349241008128

This way if you haven't preorder and you were you can get coupons without having to buy mag

*update*for some people needing more than a tweet here's a Facebook link I know it's not much but it might help http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...a.10150544516022022.400085.12699262021&type=1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xombie007']Well, it doesn't seem to be on the list of games for the $20 (1,000 points) RZ bonus, right? And I'm assuming you're being allowed to keep the steelbook that you picked up at pre-order. So win-win, I'd say. Infact, I think I'm going to pre-order and cancel as well just to get that steelbook.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I preordered it. It was just weird that the CS had to scan my license and the guy thought it was strange too. Never had that happen on a return.

I walked in to BB and got to the Gaming Dept. and told the guy "Hey I just saw on Twitter that you guys are giving out the mag for Preordering Bops2 and I already Preordered. Showed him my receipt and The guy said Hold on.. Ok the manager said to just give it to you Hell yeah!!!!! Didn't even ask for my info. Just rang me up and voided the price

Last edited by a moderator:
finally got around to visiting my store. They never heard of this but tried ringing up a dummy pre-order and it worked so they told me just to take the magazine, too much hassle to cancel and re-pre-order it.

[quote name='Timenice']Any one know how many trades in on the same game you can do at best buy[/QUOTE]

If your still looking for an answer, I don't think anyone knows that you can trade 1 game for each system, and if you trade in too many at a time may get you flagged. Also that you may also be able to argue this for the limit, but it is ymmv. :
Can I trade in more than one item at a time? Are there any limits?
For Video Games, you are limited to no more than three copies of the same title and platform within a year (e.g., three copies of Madden 2011 for XBOX 360).
Persons or companies intending to trade in ten or more than units of substantially similar products (like mobile phones, or laptops) are requested to use our online program. Our in-store service is provided for the convenience of our retail customers and is not designed to handle large volume transactions. Please be aware that the final offer price on volume transactions may be less than the offer for individual items.
Policy for volume trades:
Please provide reasonable proof of ownership
If you are a business liquidating products used by your company, a statement a company letterhead is fine.
If you are a reseller that has taken product in trade or return you MUST include a document showing the transfer of ownership from the original owner for each article.
Please ensure that each item is clearly marked with the assigned transaction ID, is fully functional with working batteries, and, in the case of mobile phones is not tied to an active account and is eligible for reactivation.
Failure to follow these policies may result in your items being rejected. They will either be recycled or returned to you at your expense.

[quote name='KanYozakura']That's exactly why I preordered it. It was just weird that the CS had to scan my license and the guy thought it was strange too. Never had that happen on a return.[/QUOTE]

Safe to say that they do it for tracking purposes. Not interested in an argument over whether the whole "pre-order to get an item and cancel immediately after and keep it" is basically stealing, but I wouldn't recommend doing that often or you would be risking getting banned from the store.

Don't know why people wouldn't just keep the pre-order.
You're getting $20 back in credit, plus a free magazine, AND if it goes on sale within 60 days, they'll match it.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Don't know why people wouldn't just keep the pre-order.
You're getting $20 back in credit, plus a free magazine, AND if it goes on sale within 60 days, they'll match it.[/QUOTE]

It's 60 days for Premier Silver. 30 days for the rest of us, lol.

You're getting $20 back in credit, plus a free magazine, AND if it goes on sale within 60 days, they'll match it.[/QUOTE]

I have my HE paid off at GameStop already, plus there's no way it will go on sale before Xmas. I would've preordered at BB but I didn't have/know about GCU then. I'm not too worried about eating this $5 since I'm going to use at least two of the coupons and the magazine is actually pretty cool.

[quote name='KanYozakura']I have my HE paid off at GameStop already, plus there's no way it will go on sale before Xmas. I would've preordered at BB but I didn't have/know about GCU then. I'm not too worried about eating this $5 since I'm going to use at least two of the coupons and the magazine is actually pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

The HE wont go on sale but the regular version probably will. MW2 hit $30 and MW3 was at $40 before Christmas the years they released, I buy two copies every year for my kids. I dont remember if Black Ops went on sale though, we traded it in pretty fast after release.

Once that 30 day window passes it seems like everyone puts it on sale for a few weeks then right after Christmas its back up to $60.

I don't know if I should get the get the hardened edition or just the regular edition. Ive already got elite preordered for all the DLC and I salsas feel like I'm gonna break the discs when I'm taking it out of the steelbook. Can someone help me...

Has anyone else's Best Buy still not put out these magazines and have no idea what it is? I've been to mine twice to adjust my pre-existing preorder to get the mag and they have no idea about the mag, says all they have is the one with Assassin's Creed on the cover...

[quote name='mightymek']Has anyone else's Best Buy still not put out these magazines and have no idea what it is? I've been to mine twice to adjust my pre-existing preorder to get the mag and they have no idea about the mag, says all they have is the one with Assassin's Creed on the cover...[/QUOTE]

Mine only had about 2 of them out but I saw loads of them behind the counter. They had plenty of the new issues out so I had to look around for a while before I even saw any COD issues.

No, it's just that some of us ALREADY had it pre-ordered BEFORE the free offer for the COD-themed @Gamer magazine got included as part of the deal. So in order to get the free mag, those of us who already had it pre-ordered had to cancel and RE-pre-order it, got it? Because after all, you only get the $20 worth of bonus RZ points for 1 copy of the game, and no more.

So I went to preorder black Ops and asked about the magazine and they were just like "da fuq iz u talkin bout $$$$a?" after telling them that the @gamer twitter account said you get the cod issue for PO and they were like "twitter?" and sort of laughed at me so I just left without a mag.

[quote name='JohnWayne']So I went to preorder black Ops and asked about the magazine and they were just like "da fuq iz u talkin bout $$$$a?" after telling them that the @gamer twitter account said you get the cod issue for PO and they were like "twitter?" and sort of laughed at me so I just left without a mag.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered and got the magazine with no problem. I just grabbed a pre-order slip and a magazine and went to the front register.

Sometimes I don't even bother conversing with certain employees because thanks to CAG, I often know more about the deals than several Best Buy employees do.

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']I pre-ordered and got the magazine with no problem. I just grabbed a pre-order slip and a magazine and went to the front register.

Sometimes I don't even bother conversing with certain employees because thanks to CAG, I often know more about the deals than several Best Buy employees do.[/QUOTE]

I would have done that but they didn't have the mags on display yet but the guy did say he did have them. I told him to just scan the slip and the mag in the same transaction but he thought I found a loophole in there system or something and wanted proof of the twitter post. I would have shown it on my phone but I have crappy T9 phone currently as I sold my iPhone before the iPhone 5 launch so I can get it during my upgrade eligibility in December

[quote name='JohnWayne']I would have done that but they didn't have the mags on display yet but the guy did say he did have them. I told him to just scan the slip and the mag in the same transaction but he thought I found a loophole in there system or something and wanted proof of the twitter post. I would have shown it on my phone but I have crappy T9 phone currently as I sold my iPhone before the iPhone 5 launch so I can get it during my upgrade eligibility in December[/QUOTE]

Argh! I hate those dumbfuck employees (and that includes managers & supervisors) who think that every customer out to get a good deal has found some kind of an ILLEGAL method or a glitch in their system to screw them or something.

Just today, I was trying to price-adjust some FIFA Soccer 13 games that I bought at TRU a couple of weeks ago with a sale that TRU had this week (ending today 10/13) for $50 off every pair. Holy crap... I had to go to like 4 different stores (the 4th store being one at which I didn't even initially buy any of those games at) until I found an employee who understood what I was trying to do, and COOL enough to do the price-adjustment for me. She was a manager as well (or at least had the override code), so she was able to take care of it without any issues.

But my God you should've heard the excuses the idiot unknowledgeable employees and their confused managers were giving me to NOT do the adjustment at the first 3 stores that I visited (and these WERE the actual stores where I had bought the games from)!

It's like TRU corporate recently send them a memo to be "EXTRA-DICKY" to customers trying to get a good deal, or assume that they're all scamming or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if BB corporate did the same for their stores, especially at this time of year.

Was at my local Best Buy and the game employee was not aware of the deal. He tested it by scanning a new preorder and the mag and he was telling me the deal isn't applying. Says maybe it still isn't in their system. Very unusual that it's still not in their system, guess I'll try again at a later time.

[quote name='JohnWayne']So I went to preorder black Ops and asked about the magazine and they were just like "da fuq iz u talkin bout $$$$a?" after telling them that the @gamer twitter account said you get the cod issue for PO and they were like "twitter?" and sort of laughed at me so I just left without a mag.[/QUOTE]

This is one reason I still don't like shopping at Best Buy - the associates are so unprofessional, it's like going to shop at a high school.

I just went to Best Buy, great experience. I already preordered a hardened edition so I don't really want to cancel that. So I printed out my preorder, went to the store, grabbed a magazine off the shelf (many were around). Took all that to customer service and said something like "magazine is free with black ops preorder, here's my preorder, can you just zero it out or something?" Guy basically said sure and that was it, absolutely no hassle at all.

I am well aware this is probably not the typical experience but let it give you hope. I immediately turned around and bought the PS+ card with the coupon, no problem with that either.

[quote name='Mugatu']This is one reason I still don't like shopping at Best Buy - the associates are so unprofessional, it's like going to shop at a high school.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if it wasn't for $20 RZ promo they have and their awesome 100% TIV promo that they have occasionally I wouldn't even bother shopping at best buy.

[quote name='Xombie007']Argh! I hate those dumbfuck employees (and that includes managers & supervisors) who think that every customer out to get a good deal has found some kind of an ILLEGAL method or a glitch in their system to screw them or something.

Just today, I was trying to price-adjust some FIFA Soccer 13 games that I bought at TRU a couple of weeks ago with a sale that TRU had this week (ending today 10/13) for $50 off every pair. Holy crap... I had to go to like 4 different stores (the 4th store being one at which I didn't even initially buy any of those games at) until I found an employee who understood what I was trying to do, and COOL enough to do the price-adjustment for me. She was a manager as well (or at least had the override code), so she was able to take care of it without any issues.

But my God you should've heard the excuses the idiot unknowledgeable employees and their confused managers were giving me to NOT do the adjustment at the first 3 stores that I visited (and these WERE the actual stores where I had bought the games from)!

It's like TRU corporate recently send them a memo to be "EXTRA-DICKY" to customers trying to get a good deal, or assume that they're all scamming or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if BB corporate did the same for their stores, especially at this time of year.[/QUOTE]

Lol your tellin me! Sometimes I think GameStop has better CS

This doesn't work automatically in stores. We played with it today, it had to be manually deducted. No override needed.

I think the deal is officially dead. The @Gamer employees at my store knew nothing about it. They tried scanned and ringing up the transaction, but it came up as full price. They were really nice though. Showed them the twitter post and the guy just pennied out the magazine for me. Told me since twitter isn't 100% official for them they probably wouldn't honor it in the future, but did it for me then.

Just wanted to let you guys know that this promotion still works!

I managed to get this done two days ago. I pre-ordered BLOPS II, told the CS rep about the promotion (showed her the FaceBook and Twitter pages on my iPhone) and then when she scanned the pre-order card and THEN the magazine, the mag rang up as free; she didn't need to call a manager or anything.

So...yeah, this still works! Get those coupons while they're still good (don't bother about the $15 off XBL one; it already expired).

[quote name='IceColdKilla44']Just wanted to let you guys know that this promotion still works!

I managed to get this done two days ago. I pre-ordered BLOPS II, told the CS rep about the promotion (showed her the FaceBook and Twitter pages on my iPhone) and then when she scanned the pre-order card and THEN the magazine, the mag rang up as free; she didn't need to call a manager or anything.

So...yeah, this still works! Get those coupons while they're still good (don't bother about the $15 off XBL one; it already expired).[/QUOTE]

Also, an update on this, it will work with the blops wii u preorder...

bread's done
Back