Pre-order Dark Souls + trade in any game, get $5 gift card at Amazon

Hmm, a year ago Amazon would be giving away a $20 credit with this game ... now we get $5 ... if we trade in a game ... wow, maybe we are screwed ...

[quote name='antlp89']Complainers gonna complain...[/QUOTE]

Hey there, feel free to join the rest of us normal, deal-seeking CAGs once you're finished with your high horse ride.

[quote name='etcrane']Hmm, a year ago Amazon would be giving away a $20 credit with this game ... now we get $5 ... if we trade in a game ... wow, maybe we are screwed ...[/QUOTE]

you got a point.Amazon has been slacking very bad and newegg has been stepping up..If only amazon had deals like they did last year :/

Yeah, Amazon isn't being impressive at all with the credits this year. Last year was really terrific though, and I bought basically everything through Amazon. This year I've been reluctant to even place orders with them because of bad deals.

I'm pretty upset that BF3 PC and Skyrim PC don't have preorder credits. I'd love to get them through Amazon, but there are better deals elsewhere for them.

Holy shit, wasn't going to do it but out of curiosity checked tiv on disgaea 4 and they are only offering 9.75 for it. What the hell amazon, they used to be at least decent with their trade in values.

I predict this game will be overprinted, given the success of Demon's Souls and the fact it's coming out on both consoles. I'm also going to guess that it will sell well, but not well enough to hold it's value come black friday, simply because it's not a game that most average gamers will pick up due to its old school difficulty.

With that said, I'm going to wait it out unless a really great deal comes along between now and release. If anything, this is at the very least a good candidate if TRU has a B2G1 free in October and if not I can see this getting a decent sale price in the next 6 months.

Just my 2 cents.

Lame promo, I have no doubt this will be a good game but I am still on the fence of getting it on day 1. I still have a pre-order on newegg for $50, heck most of my pre-orders are in newegg.. unless Amazon starts to get smart, Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 will come from newegg for $13 less :)

Newport.. MW3 has no $20 credit, it has a $10 towards the purchase of a headset which is also lame.

[quote name='Newport Box 100s']i may trade in a piece of shit penny game since i already have this preordered anyway, they send you a box to mail ur game in right?[/QUOTE]

No, they don't and they never have. However, shipping is free via UPS. You do have to pack it yourself though.

[quote name='ponn01']Holy shit, wasn't going to do it but out of curiosity checked tiv on disgaea 4 and they are only offering 9.75 for it. What the hell amazon, they used to be at least decent with their trade in values.[/QUOTE]

That is typical for new releases - it will go up after a few weeks. While they aren't as great with the trade-ins as they were when they first started, that aren't that bad either ;). On the other hand, Gears 3 is $40.50 which is about as much as you could expect to get. So maybe Digaea 4 is an anomoly.

I had this preordered long ago and just mailed off some trade-ins yesterday. However, it was easy enough to find one more game to send in to get the extra $5. I might as well... This is one of the few games I must have on release. Halo, Gears 3, even Uncharted 3: no way - but this is different. I know it will be dirt cheap in 6 months, but I just can't help myself!

Still, it is a rather odd promo, if nothing else. They've never tied preorder bonus credits for specific games to trade-ins before.

To be fair, I still think the best deals end up on Amazon, they're just not taking the lead on them by discounting first. The end up matching pretty much every major advertised Sunday deal by Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. For example, we know that the TRU October Buy2Get1 annual sale will be matched - it always is.

So what they aren't giving much. If you don't like the deal then rate it one star and move on.

Personally, for me, Amazon is still doing a great job. No tax (Well in CT *yet*) 99 cent release date delivery for a lot of the big titles, and you also get credit with a lot of games. I am getting $10 credit for Halo Reach, and got $20 with Gears 3. The reason why we might not see credit with MW3 is because It's going to sell regardless. I was honestly shocked to see any credit with Black Ops last year.

Dark Souls is one of my top 5 "must haves" for the rest of the year. Anybody that wants old school difficult games to live on should buy this right away instead of waiting for the price drop. I'd imagine K-Mart will offer at least a $15 coupon with purchase which I think will probably be the best deal or very close.

i just realized i can trade in beowulf (.55 current tiv) for 5.55 after this promo. thats awesome to me. i got it for free and i still regret owning it. oh, and for people complaining about amz's credit deals, the new lotr has a $20 promo. I'd say its less amazon's fault and more the publisher/distributors fault that we are getting lesser promo deals; atleast in regards to new releases.

Most of the time you can order a game off Amazon and trade it in for less than a $5 loss (or slight gain), come on stop your bitching. It might not be the deal of the year but it is a nice + if you pre ordered.

[quote name='Hestar']you got a point.Amazon has been slacking very bad and newegg has been stepping up..If only amazon had deals like they did last year :/[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is though, Newegg is stepping up but I'm sure a lot of people are canceling their orders from them and still purchasing off Amazon because of the shipping. Newegg doesn't ship right away, it all depends where you live plus Newegg turns off CA customers because of tax. All I've been reading here OH I GOT MY GAME FROM NEWEGG 3 DAYS LATE, NEVER BUYING ANYTHING THERE AGAIN! Its like seriously? They're not an Amazon, you get what you pay for. Just deal with it.

I guess with Amazon doing good lately, they don't care. They just mostly compete with Best Buy and Walmart and don't see Newegg as a threat. People can say all they want about Newegg throwing the best deals but in the end of the day, people are canceling their preorders because of slow shipping. If you want your game day one, get it at Amazon or Gamestop.

Figures I just submitted a trade last week. Don't think I have anything to submit right now and they probably wouldn't honor it anyway since I already have this pre-ordered.

I think last year Amazon was hoping to knock everyone else out of the game. I can't imagine the markup on a game is that great where they can continue to take $20 off the top of MSRP of every release forever, and ship it to you for free.

I was surprised that so many places, especially KMart, really fought back hard with up to $25 credits last year.. Amazon may have been so too and continued the promotions longer than they expected.

Now that so many people have their Prime memberships, their gift cards/promo codes/trade in credit, Amazon credit cards, tax-free, and other reasons for affinity towards shopping there, they probably have less of a need to be offer the rock-bottom pricing.

So my trial of Prime ends on Sunday. If I pre-order Dark Souls, can I still get the release day shipping for Prime members, since I technically ordered it while a Prime member? :?:

Wow.... that's not a great deal. I think I'll just wait a little while until the inevitable Christmas sales and pick it up for $20 - $30.

1) I thought amazon had a $10 minimum trade value in order to submit stuff (not per game, but per submission)...is this correct and does this offer bypass that?

2) re: Prime and expiring membership. I've got Fifa coming this tuesday on release day delivery even though my prime ended in August (it seems that it's when you place the order)

3) Like Amazon's pricing, Amazon credits seem tied to some sort of metric/calculation based on sales (some sort of formula/threshold) - that plus agreements (or not) with publishers. Games with large numbers of pre-orders seem unlikely to see credits...why put something on sale that people are committing to buy at full price? (same reason there's usually no drink specials at the bar on friday night....lol) My guess is Amazon has a target of how many they want to sell, and credits get adjusted to try and get to those numbers (case in point, FIFA went from a $20 credit to $10....must have sold enough they could scale back the credit)...

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']1) I thought amazon had a $10 minimum trade value in order to submit stuff (not per game, but per submission)...is this correct and does this offer bypass that?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I just submitted trade in for a single item for $8.50.

Question... I preorder dark soul a few month ago and amazon just receive a box of trade in item today... then it will work or will i need to send another package?

[quote name='bk187']I don't think so. I just submitted trade in for a single item for $8.50.[/QUOTE]

thanks - maybe it's books (trade) i'm thinking of. (which would make sense given their weight:value ratio).

On another note: i'm really torn about Dark Souls. I love demon's souls, but i think hype + difficulty + Fall AAA-game-flood means there's going to be a surplus of this game by november...if only i were independently wealthy and it didnt matter.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']

3) Like Amazon's pricing, Amazon credits seem tied to some sort of metric/calculation based on sales (some sort of formula/threshold) - that plus agreements (or not) with publishers. Games with large numbers of pre-orders seem unlikely to see credits...why put something on sale that people are committing to buy at full price? (same reason there's usually no drink specials at the bar on friday night....lol) My guess is Amazon has a target of how many they want to sell, and credits get adjusted to try and get to those numbers (case in point, FIFA went from a $20 credit to $10....must have sold enough they could scale back the credit)...[/QUOTE]

But wouldn't Gears 3 have been a huge preorder item? And didn't that have a $20 credit? I think it really just varies game-to-game with the publishers.

Does anyone know or can confirm you'd get the free $5 GC if you already have DS pre-ordered and trade something in?

PS - By far my most anticipated game. Skyrim will be great and all but if I had to choose it would be Dark Souls. I'll probably just wait till BF for Skyrim or maybe preorder and try to sell the "premium cloth map"

All pre-orders of the video game Dark Souls must be placed with Amazon.com by 11:59 p.m. PST on 10/03/2011. Pre-orders cancelled prior to shipping will not qualify. Qualifying trade-ins must be submitted between 12:01 a.m. PST on 9/22/2011 and 11:59 p.m. PST on 10/03/2011. All trade-ins must be received and accepted by our processor prior to 11:59 p.m. PST on 10/25/2011 to qualify.

Just says that the pre-order has to be before midnight on the 4th and that the trade has to be within a window of time. There is no start date for the pre-order to be eligible

[quote name='jacknicklson']All pre-orders of the video game Dark Souls must be placed with Amazon.com by 11:59 p.m. PST on 10/03/2011. Pre-orders cancelled prior to shipping will not qualify. Qualifying trade-ins must be submitted between 12:01 a.m. PST on 9/22/2011 and 11:59 p.m. PST on 10/03/2011. All trade-ins must be received and accepted by our processor prior to 11:59 p.m. PST on 10/25/2011 to qualify.

Just says that the pre-order has to be before midnight on the 4th and that the trade has to be within a window of time. There is no start date for the pre-order to be eligible[/QUOTE]
That's what it says, but in practice we all know Amazon usually requires some nudging to get the credit.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']The funny thing is though, Newegg is stepping up but I'm sure a lot of people are canceling their orders from them and still purchasing off Amazon because of the shipping. Newegg doesn't ship right away, it all depends where you live plus Newegg turns off CA customers because of tax. All I've been reading here OH I GOT MY GAME FROM NEWEGG 3 DAYS LATE, NEVER BUYING ANYTHING THERE AGAIN! Its like seriously? They're not an Amazon, you get what you pay for. Just deal with it.

I guess with Amazon doing good lately, they don't care. They just mostly compete with Best Buy and Walmart and don't see Newegg as a threat. People can say all they want about Newegg throwing the best deals but in the end of the day, people are canceling their preorders because of slow shipping. If you want your game day one, get it at Amazon or Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Ya.. i dont get people who are all insane about shipping so fast. I dont give a crap when it comes, i have such a backlog i dont get to stuff for a while anyway. The thing that kills newegg for me most of the time is the tax. CA sales tax is a bitch, tacks on almost 6 dollars to a new release game. So even if they beat Amazon by a few bucks they still come out behind

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']

On another note: i'm really torn about Dark Souls. I love demon's souls, but i think hype + difficulty + Fall AAA-game-flood means there's going to be a surplus of this game by november...if only i were independently wealthy and it didnt matter.[/QUOTE]

This is my issue too. I would have no problem waiting, im in no rush to get it. The problem is, if we wait until November or later, will we still get the collectors edition? I'm under the impression that only pre-orders will be the collectors edition, everything after that will be the regular edition. Will the CE still be avalible after launch?

I wonder if the tax will be retroactive on orders ... for instance I have a Vita that was ordered when it was announced and I wonder if Amazon will tack on tax to that pre-existing order.

I'm going to trade in Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 for $30 + the $5 GC. Winning! Hopefully the $30 comes in on time so I can apply it to my preorder

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']The funny thing is though, Newegg is stepping up but I'm sure a lot of people are canceling their orders from them and still purchasing off Amazon because of the shipping. Newegg doesn't ship right away, it all depends where you live plus Newegg turns off CA customers because of tax. All I've been reading here OH I GOT MY GAME FROM NEWEGG 3 DAYS LATE, NEVER BUYING ANYTHING THERE AGAIN! Its like seriously? They're not an Amazon, you get what you pay for. Just deal with it.

I guess with Amazon doing good lately, they don't care. They just mostly compete with Best Buy and Walmart and don't see Newegg as a threat. People can say all they want about Newegg throwing the best deals but in the end of the day, people are canceling their preorders because of slow shipping. If you want your game day one, get it at Amazon or Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

True,Don't get me wrong,I still love amazon,It has release date delivery for 99 cents :p..But I've never had a problem with newegg so far,I just wish amazon would just have some better deals on games like new egg has.

[quote name='62t']Amazon will start charging tax in California next year[/QUOTE]

err what? I thought they tried that and they pulled all their affiliates. Are they trying to do it again? This would be terrible. I spend a LOT on amazon for games and movies and stuff. Probably just under 10k this last year. A lot is kinda impulse buys because of no salestax and free shipping. That would change if they start charging tax

ANyway @ the topic. THis isn't a good deal, but i guess $5 is better than a kick in the ass if there are no other deals coming.I will have an extra copy of MK when the collector edition gets here. I've never done a trade with amazon, how does it work exactly? Do you need the case, or just the disc?

Bump.

Did anyone go through with this? I traded in Mass Effect for PS3 but they are telling me that I cant get the card because I ordered Dark Souls with a goldbox discount -__-

bread's done
Back