Pre-Order Diablo III (Release Date 05/15/12)

Heads up! You can pre-order the CE from Buy.com for 84.99+FS using a 15off75 code that's available for a limited time.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Some people are saying when they ordered back in October for the Collector's Edition on Amazon they were listed at $79.99 and their accounts are still saying that. Anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]
100% false. More likely they're dumb and forgot they had a $20 gaming credit attached.

[quote name='vishank']Heads up! You can pre-order the CE from Buy.com for 84.99+FS using a 15off75 code that's available for a limited time.[/QUOTE]

Just did that, and also got 10X there super points.

No tax for me in KY, and used budget shipping so I only paid $84.99

[quote name='Jodou']100% false. More likely they're dumb and forgot they had a $20 gaming credit attached.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. I remember seeing a post online as soon as that sucker went on pre-order at Amazon and I placed my order. Didn't know how I could have missed that had it been true!

[quote name='xbox_mole']Some people are saying when they ordered back in October for the Collector's Edition on Amazon they were listed at $79.99 and their accounts are still saying that. Anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

Total BS, I've had it pre-ordered since Oct and it was $99

I dont want to play with rainbows and ponies

81y6pyW1wsS._AA1500_.jpg

lol sure is the sunny day when there is hell on earth

[quote name='cRodz']I dont want to play with rainbows and ponies

81y6pyW1wsS._AA1500_.jpg
lol sure is the sunny day when there is hell on earth[/QUOTE]

The spoiler button is all of our friends. And it's diablo 3, who cares what color it is....it's DIABLO.....3.....! :lol:

I still can't decide what to do about Diablo 3. Should I buy the standard edition, buy the CE, pay for a year of WoW, or pay for a year of WoW along with the CE. So many decisions...

[quote name='crystalklear64']Still charging full price when removing features is actually worse than not a deal.[/QUOTE]
If you're talking about Blizzard's decision to remove the PvP so the game could be released earlier, that was a fantastic decision, and the early release date in itself is what makes this a good deal. Full price for Diablo III is worth every penny. They're adding the PvP in a later patch, for free, so you'll still end up with the same content in the end.

[quote name='scarhawk']fuck WoW. Just get the CE :p If you don't want to spend too much dough just go for the standard edition. Nothing wrong with that.[/QUOTE]
But, but, I like WoW... It's just, the deal you get for paying for a year of WoW AND the CE is horrible. Four months of WoW does not equal $100, or provide us with a good deal. I might have to have a chat with support about this, but it's quite odd that anybody would pay for a year of WoW in order to receive a game for free, pay $100 for that game (which they won't be able to activate on any other account, unless they don't want their four free months) plus some additional content, and only receive four months of WoW in return.

Edit: Nevermind, I just reread it and discovered those four months can count toward your year, I guess it is a pretty good deal. The year would cost about $107.94 (6 month + two 1 months + 4 free months), and with the CE, it would come to $192.93 (Buy.com price post earlier). Usually a year of WoW would cost me $179.88, buying one month at a time. In this case, I'd be getting a $60 game I was going to buy anyhow, the content exclusive to the CE (Diablo II plus LoD are $20 alone), and a year of my favorite MMO.

Still disappointing to see so many people hating on WoW. I don't see what's wrong with it exactly, Blizzard's put so much into the game whereas crappy games like TOR are getting so much praise for no particular reason. I'll admit, I bought into the Star Wars MMO as well, but that crappy game runs at a constant 300 latency with 3k peaks and 10fps on its lowest settings whereas WoW runs at a consistent 60fps (vsync) and 20 latency.

Sorry for rambling on about mostly nothing related to Diablo III. I've got the beta for it, have played a mage to level 10 (got sick of farming for 13) online, and it was amazing. I do hope they plan on fixing that lag though. I might be 60fps, but that 200 latency is painful to endure.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cRodz']I dont want to play with rainbows and ponies

lol sure is the sunny day when there is hell on earth[/QUOTE]Turn down your screen brightness. Problem solved.

bread's done
Back