[Pre-order] Disney's Treasure Planet or Home on the Range - $19.99 at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon has lowered their Pre-order price for two Disney animated features - Treasure Planet, and Home on the Range. They're 19.99 each, which is probably as low as they'll go. It's possible Amazon might put up a coupon for either down the road too, but there's no guarantee it'll still be this price.

Release date: July 3rd

Treasure Planet
Home on the Range

I guess it's nice that Disney's fulfilling collectors' dreams of owning every animated feature, but I'll quickly pass on these two. I saw Treasure Planet for free and still walked away dissatisfied.

That last trio of Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, and Home on the Range before the temporary shuttering of the traditional animation studio were pretty bad. They actually make the trio before them (The Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and Lilo & Stitch) look like a mini-renaissance.

[quote name='rapsodist']

That last trio of Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, and Home on the Range before the temporary shuttering of the traditional animation studio were pretty bad. They actually make the trio before them (The Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and Lilo & Stitch) look like a mini-renaissance.[/QUOTE]

hey now, say what you will about atlantis but emperor's new groove and lilo & stitch were pretty damn good. Kronk in TENG is one of my all time favorite animated characters.

I really like Treasure Planet except for that stupid robot. There are better forms of comic relief than a character with annoying outbursts. Anyway, I'll be ordering this! :)

[quote name='masterchief2291']hey now, say what you will about atlantis but emperor's new groove and lilo & stitch were pretty damn good. Kronk in TENG is one of my all time favorite animated characters.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I actually like those three films (yes, even Atlantis), but I'd still place them below all the Disney films that came out before them (possibly excepting The Black Cauldron).

Anyway, my poorly expressed sentiment was that Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, and Home on the Range represent the worst stretch for Disney by far (and it gets even worse if you tack on the CG films that followed immediately thereafter: Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons).

Stitch is a minor classic (mind you, not Lion King/Aladdin/Mermaid/Beast)
New Groove is a movie that you will always be happy when you catch it on tv. It always makes me laugh.
Atlantis is not bad. A good enough movie, if not a classic.

Home on the Range. bleh, Not enough of the horse. I love that horse, Buck

[quote name='AoA']Stitch is a minor classic (mind you, not Lion King/Aladdin/Mermaid/Beast)
New Groove is a movie that you will always be happy when you catch it on tv. It always makes me laugh.
Atlantis is not bad. A good enough movie, if not a classic.

Home on the Range. bleh, Not enough of the horse. I love that horse, Buck[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree with you more. L&S is a cute and touching movie, but I prefer ENG. David Spade is the perfect llama and Patrick Warburton (Putty) is hilarious as Kronk. My family loves those films, I even have the theme song for both of those on my phone.

Awesome thanks
happy.gif
happy.gif

I'm so excited to finally see Treasure Planet for sale on Blu! :D I actually loved that one! :) (of course, I'm still eagerly awaiting Mulan and Hercules to come out on Blu ... so, my taste is a bit different from the norm, I guess! :) )

Don't know if I've ever seen Home on the Range, though. :(

bread's done
Back