Kaiser499

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Gamestop

Releases on 11/8 which includes:

• Complete, original game, Heavy Rain
  • Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode 1 – The Taxidermist DLC
  • Heavy Rain Original Videogame Score by award-winning film and television composer, Normand Corbeil (16 tracks)
  • New front-end menu and interface with built-in Move support
  • A series of 8 “Making of” Bonus Videos
  • Three Dynamic Themes (Heavy Rain, Heavy Rain ARI Forest, Heavy Rain ARI Mars)
  • 15 additional pieces of new concept art
  • 2 bonus Trailers (Thank You Trailer, Love Trailer)
6303801018_14f2e39ca3_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Thank you, I feel a little better. I watched the Taxidermist DLC on youtube and was kind of glad I didn't preorder it from Gamestop. The soundtrack was the main draw for me when I saw the first post. If it isn't an actual CD then I'm going to really wait on this one.[/QUOTE]

The soundtracks on Sony published CE (Killzone 3, God of War, Infamous 2, etc.) are ALWAYS PSN download codes. Probably this will be an all-in-one voucher code like Infamous 2 and Killzone 3 CE.

[quote name='Blank Earth']Heavy Rain was definitely one of my favorite games last year, but I'm not sure I'd buy a re-packaging. Most the bonus content I'm sure will be easy to view online.

Also, there's the GH case. Yeah...I'm one of those.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I just saw the GH case :wall:You're not the only one. Looks like i'll be picking it up from AWD after all.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Added the cover of the game to original post.[/QUOTE]

Man they went all out with that cover!!!

[quote name='BingoBrown']It says $29.99 in the OP's title...[/QUOTE]

It didn't when I made my post, it was since updated

I wish they added 3D support too, I don't even have a 3D tv but I imagine it would be pretty cool with this game and the Move. Imagine those Police visor scenes in 3D where you're looking for clues in such, that would be pretty awesome

Wait why does it say Pre-Order in the title? Is there going to be bonus if you pre-order it or buy it at launch besides having it right away?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Wait why does it say Pre-Order in the title? Is there going to be bonus if you pre-order it or buy it at launch besides having it right away?[/QUOTE]

Who knows haha

[quote name='shadowkast']What's with the deal thread turning into the announcement thread[/QUOTE]I agree/disagree sometimes these really help prevent someone from making a purchase of the reg. edition just to find out days later the complete/GOTY edition is forthcoming for the same/cheaper price that they were about to pay.

[quote name='JP73']Still, I did love the game and if this is 39.99 I might pick it up when it's on sale for 25ish[/QUOTE]black friday or some holiday deal

[quote name='strait edge follower']Anyone think the current gh edition will drop by 10$ because of this ?[/QUOTE]even if it doesn't there's gonna be those sales that drop all the current GH to $10-$20 usually when buying more than but even still there's tons of GH's worth p/u.

One of my favorite all time PS3 titles, if you haven't picked it up it definitely sounds like a good opportunity to do so.

Those of us who have, it doesn't really sound worth it for a double dip. Hell they could have at least changed the cover of the game instead of just slapping a director's cut on the front of it! Trick me into buying it at least! :)

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Now if only they took the time to NOT use the ugly red cases.[/QUOTE]

I like the red cases for multiplatform games, but Sony games have double sided artwork so the red case interferes with that. Multiplatform you usually just look at a white background on the inside, I actually think the red plastic case is more aesthetically pleasing than looking at a blank sheet of paper (not that I really care that much).

It's funny that even the few Sony GH titles I own, they still use the double sided artwork even though you obviously can't even see the inside art through the solid plastic. Becasue of that I swapped them into clear cases and put Red Dead Redemption and Mirror's Edge in red (those games actually look sweet with their standard artwork in a red case)

Anyway the real problem with greateast hits titles is not the red case, it's that they usually stamp a bunch of extra clutter (logos and accolades) all over the artwork. :cry:

[quote name='strait edge follower']Jason ...... Jason ...... JASON ![/QUOTE]
haha!! yea, the voiceovers were so bad. but overall, i did enjoy though.

Nice, I was just about to go see if there were any $10 copies at Kmart today! I've wanted to play this since it came out, but the damn price wouldn't drop for like a year. I'll grab this when it comes out, if I can get a deal, of course ;)

Hmm, I think I'll get this along with 2 other 30 dollar games when(if?) Best Buy has their B2G1 Free deal.

I imported the Move Edition from the UK. I hate the Greatest Hits design as much as anybody. But man if I would have known this I may have thought twice about importing. 3 different versions.......
These companies have to stop this nonsense.

[quote name='DealHunter']I imported the Move Edition from the UK. I hate the Greatest Hits design as much as anybody. But man if I would have known this I may have thought twice about importing. 3 different versions.......
These companies have to stop this nonsense.[/QUOTE]

What was the point of importing it? The regular version has Move support as well. And what 3 versions? There's the regular HR and now the director's cut. You also act like someone forced you to buy the imported version, I don't see anything wrong with Sony re-releasing this with extra content at a discounted price. No one is asking you to double dip..

[quote name='ssjmichael']What was the point of importing it? The regular version has Move support as well. And what 3 versions? There's the regular HR and now the director's cut. You also act like someone forced you to buy the imported version, I don't see anything wrong with Sony re-releasing this with extra content at a discounted price. No one is asking you to double dip..[/QUOTE]
The uk version came w/ the taxidermist dlc, if i'm not mistaken.

[quote name='PublikDefender']The uk version came w/ the taxidermist dlc, if i'm not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

I got that free I think from GS. That doesn't explain why he felt the need to double dip though. If he wanted the taxidermist he could have just bought it off of PSN. I haven't played it yet, but I hear it's not even worth getting anyway.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Wooooo....$5 savings....

Assuming anyone is still paying MSRP for this, anyways.[/QUOTE]

It has the same MSRP as the existing version I believe.

It'd be worth the upgrade to this edition assuming the Move-compatibility patch is on the disc and not the massive patch that's currently hogging hard drive space.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It has the same MSRP as the existing version I believe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the point I was driving at. $5 being the cost of the dlc + $30 msrp of the current GH version. :D

What's so "director's cut" about this? There doesn't seem to be anything too special and nothing new in terms of gameplay content.

[quote name='Vinny']What's so "director's cut" about this?[/QUOTE]
David Cage personally redesigned the cover for this edition.

directors cut eh? Blea. Ugly fail GH cover means no thanks for me. Doens't look all that impressive either as far as content

[quote name='Thrinn']David Cage personally redesigned the cover for this edition.[/QUOTE]

hmm that a joke? Cover looks the same to me, just in ugly GH packaging

It's probably just the same disc repackaged with a download voucher for the DLC, soundtrack, dynamic themes and the other digital contents.

Director's cut is just their gimmicky way of saying special edition or whatever. It's not meant to be taking literally.

Though it's ironic because this is exactly the kind of game that would have been perfect for a director's cut, with extended and/or alternative endings depending on your actions.

Joystiq.com actually said in their blog post there was going to be 'cut content' included in addition to the DLC/move support patch, so there are definitely some places spreading false information / assumptions.

And since the devs have gone on record saying they had more DLC planned, but ended up doing the Move functionality patch instead, I thought it was worth pointing out.

Complete, original game, Heavy Rain (CHECK)
Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode 1 – The Taxidermist DLC (CHECK - CAME WITH PREORDER)
Heavy Rain Original Videogame Score by award-winning film and television composer, Normand Corbeil (16 tracks) (CHECK - *COUGHPIRATEBAYCOUGH*)
New front-end menu and interface with built-in Move support (MENU - WHO CARES? MOVE SUPPORT - CHECK via UPDATE)
A series of 8 “Making of” Bonus Videos (WHO CARES?)
Three Dynamic Themes (Heavy Rain, Heavy Rain ARI Forest, Heavy Rain ARI Mars) (WANT!!)
15 additional pieces of new concept art (WHO CARES?)
2 bonus Trailers (Thank You Trailer, Love Trailer) (WHO CARES?)

So, ultimately, the only worthwhile thing to come out of the "director's cut" is some themes. F*** that noise. This is only for those unfortunate souls that haven't already bought Heavy Rain.

More like "Producer's Cut".

David Cage will probably never trust a major publisher ever again after this shit. First, Heavy Rain was planned to be continued and ultimately concluded through DLC. Second, Sony demanded he cease production of his DLC so as to allow for time needed to bolster the Move launch line-up with a Move-enhanced version of Heavy Rain. On this subject, he had the following to say:

[quote name='"David Cage, via Joystiq.com"']"I understand why the decision was made," Cage said of the cancellation of the planned DLC. "From a creative point of view it was not my choice. I would have really preferred a thousand times developing the Chronicles. I thought we had a lot to say about these characters, about their background. Things that were just mentioned in the game that had a true explanation in the background, and it's a little bit unfortunate that we won't be able to tell you the full story."

But at the same time, Cage said he's looking forward to working on something new. "I didn't want to do everything, I wanted to move on," he said. "I didn't want to spend another two years on Heavy Rain developing Move and Chronicles and stuff. ... So a decision had to be made and it's a decision I respect. Honestly, it's not like I'm upset about it, I would have preferred to do it differently but, you know what, it makes sense."[/quote]

Third, Sony has not only effectively shitcanned his ACTUAL REAL-LIFE "director's cut", but they are so brazen as to take his unfinished work, the work they forced his company to complete totally outside of the director's control (read: the Move support), and then label it the director's cut like he actually had some honest say in any of this at all.

It's so incredibly insulting I almost respect Sony for it. I totally don't, though, of course.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm that a joke? Cover looks the same to me, just in ugly GH packaging[/QUOTE]thatsthejoke.jpg

[quote name='supershammy']More like "Producer's Cut".

David Cage will probably never trust a major publisher ever again after this shit. First, Heavy Rain was planned to be continued and ultimately concluded through DLC. Second, Sony demanded he cease production of his DLC so as to allow for time needed to bolster the Move launch line-up with a Move-enhanced version of Heavy Rain. On this subject, he had the following to say:

Third, Sony has not only effectively shitcanned his ACTUAL REAL-LIFE "director's cut", but they are so brazen as to take his unfinished work, the work they forced his company to complete totally outside of the director's control (read: the Move support), and then label it the director's cut like he actually had some honest say in any of this at all.

It's so incredibly insulting I almost respect Sony for it. I totally don't, though, of course.[/QUOTE]

I honestly feel like that was a scapegoat. Porting Move to something does not take that many resources.

Here's Cage in his own words. Look at the way he reacts when asked about what's next for Heavy Rain right after the game was released and before Move support was even in the works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7IW2v8VbWE

And I quote:

"You know with Heavy Rain, I feel like I'm done. I said what I had to say about this story and these characters. And this is why there won't be a sequel and this is why i hope there will be a movie about the game but I don't think I will be personally involved....I need to move on to tell other stories....."

Do those words really sound like they come from someone who wanted to dive back into Heavy Rain and work out more DLC? Doesn't sound like it to me. And just think about this, it would make much more sense to have done the episodes while they were making the game, or at the very least right after. All the sets, crew, and casting was there. If they waited even a month or two it's possible the actors or crew would be doing other projects and such.

The Move in my opinion was Cage's scapegoat to gamers for why he didn't put out more content. Adding move support did not take that long and it's not even something that required a huge team or resources to do. He honestly looked mentally exhausted and almost seemed sick of working on HR after doing that for 4 years of his life. I also feel like he appears to be really focused on his legacy and wants to get as many different games out there as possible.

OK, so what is the deal with this outside of Gamestop? Is it maybe something like a gamestop exclusive? Cause the release day was yesterday, and I see nothing from Amazon, best Buy, target, or any other major retailer. Not even a pre-order option. I sold my regular version in anticipation of this.

[quote name='JP73']OK, so what is the deal with this outside of Gamestop? Is it maybe something like a gamestop exclusive? Cause the release day was yesterday, and I see nothing from Amazon, best Buy, target, or any other major retailer. Not even a pre-order option. I sold my regular version in anticipation of this.[/QUOTE]

Basically, my understanding is that retailers will stock this once their stock of the Greatest Hits edition is depleted. Gamestop is certainly not the only one getting it, they just happened to create a separate SKU already on their website. I am sure you will see this everywhere in a month or so, but it's not getting a separate ad push or marketing dollars since it's really not all that different from the GH version already out there.

if this has multiple audio tracks... ie JP audio I might double dip... from the list of features... this is not a director's cut. more like the original game with the preorder bonus and the dynamic themes all bundled together. oh and all the promo videos and shit. no need to buy this again... the original version got patched for move support. this should be priced at $9.99 unless they add new episodic content like they were planning.

bread's done
Back