Pre-order Modern Warfare 2 online $40 trade credit @ Gamestop if you trade it back

Virgil_Leone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=74392

Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 online and get a guaranteed $40 trade credit if you trade in the game at a GameStop store by December 13, 2009. Offer valid for online purchases only. Offer valid for a limited time only and will be extended to all existing pre-orders. GameStop reserves the right to end this promotion at any time. Coupon for $40 trade credit will be e-mailed within 2 business days after the game ships to the e-mail address used to place the order. Xbox 360 and PS3 versions only.

I guess this is cool if you don't intend to keep the game long, however I would go with the amazon deal of 20 dollars video game credit just for buying.

Everyone is ripping this "deal" however I'm sure some of u who will end up picking one of these copies as part of a B2G1 sale; then you'll like GS again. ;)

like most others I'm sticking with Amazon but I'm sure, like it was posted earlier, the coupon will get copied and someone who obtains the game cheap/steals it will benefit from it.

[quote name='Ed_']Everyone is ripping this "deal" however I'm sure some of u who will end up picking one of these copies as part of a B2G1 sale; then you'll like GS again. ;)

like most others I'm sticking with Amazon but I'm sure, like it was posted earlier, the coupon will get copied and someone who obtains the game cheap/steals it will benefit from it.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I think you are misunderstanding... You have to BUY MW2 from gamestop to benefit from this deal. Anybody whos got half a brain has already bought MW2 through TRU, BB B2G1, or Walmart or Amazon. No sane CAGer would pay $60 to Gamestop just so he/she can trade it in later for $40.

I don't have a issue with this offer. Heck normally the TiV would be 30. It not like you are paying to get that offer, if you were already pre ordering at Gamestop because you have credit there it not awful that they giving a slight bonus for those who may not like the game.

Judgee you misunderstood my post. Someone had posted that whatever coupon GS send out will likely be floating around the Internet; thus allowing anyone who got the game cheap/stolen to benefit from this "deal." Unless of course GS uses unique codes for the coupons....

[quote name='judgedee']Nope. I think you are misunderstanding... You have to BUY MW2 from gamestop to benefit from this deal. Anybody whos got half a brain has already bought MW2 through TRU, BB B2G1, or Walmart or Amazon. No sane CAGer would pay $60 to Gamestop just so he/she can trade it in later for $40.[/QUOTE]

You are correct sir. Anyone here on CAG buying CoD:MW2 from GS is getting ripped of (in comparison) since the stores you mention have better deals on it anyway (actually the only store consistant without deals for new games IS Gamestop, unless you count giving 2 brand new games for a 40 dollar reduction a deal). If you are buying from GS just so you can play it on release night and not wait a day for Amazon or BB, then your choise, but the game won't shut down in one night.

To all,

Stop saying this sucks...almost everyone here knows it sucks and we don't need to why it sucks. It was a deal so someone posted it....it's not a good deal, but still a deal.

And there are a lot of uneducated consumers out there and they will love this shitty deal. I have seen people buy ps3 "cloudy/meatballs" with cash at GS for $50 and the Target across the mall had them for $20 (I saw 6 copies a few minutes before). I wanted to tell him, but I thought the GS employee might get pissed so I said nothing.

my 2 cents

[quote name='Readthepost']To all,

Stop saying this sucks...almost everyone here knows it sucks and we don't need to why it sucks. It was a deal so someone posted it....it's not a good deal, but still a deal.

And there are a lot of uneducated consumers out there and they will love this shitty deal. I have seen people buy ps3 "cloudy/meatballs" with cash at GS for $50 and the Target across the mall had them for $20 (I saw 6 copies a few minutes before). I wanted to tell him, but I thought the GS employee might get pissed so I said nothing.

my 2 cents[/QUOTE]

Should of asked for their receipt, go buy them at target and return them to another gamestop haha.

good deal for the eventual dumbasses that buy the game beat it and trade it in it always happens you guys say who would trade this in after a month not me but there are tons of people that will either cuz they didnt like it or they suck at it or cuz there braindead thats what gamestop counts on funny thing is they give the seller 40 i use my edge and cag16 and buy it from them for $40.91 so they make $.91 lol im kewl with that^_^

It doesn't necessarily claim that you HAVE to trade it in back by this time. I don't understand why you guys are going crazy. All other deals aside for MW2, think of it almost as a guarantee. If you don't like the game, you can get a respectable trade in for it rather than the typical ~$30 TIV. Chill out

[quote name='spazx']it's just crazy, they'll probably be charging $55 for it used in a month anyway. $50 at the least. And if you preorder it they'll be generous enough to give you $40 trade-in over the maybe $30 other people might get.

So amazon will let you preorder it, keep it, and give you another $20 to spend on another game and gamestop will let you preorder it and give it back to them so they can make $20 more off of it.

I guess i really don't need to remind myself why i don't give gamestop my money.[/quote]
qft

Just to clarify one thing people keep saying that if you are buying from gamestop anyway then its kinda nice. The "deal" only works if you buy online and since gamestop is a mostly a brick and mortar store, the people it benifits is even smaller. Also and this is way besides the point, I heard on an old cag cast that there were days when the cags got together to play online, do we still do that?

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Should of asked for their receipt, go buy them at target and return them to another gamestop haha.[/QUOTE]
Damn, I should have. No joke, that is one of best ideas. :applause:
Do you think people will think I'm crazy asking for their receipt?

Whats so bad about this deal? I've been on the fence about this game(i hate war games but this one looks better than most) but if im paying $60 try to get some of the achievements and then return it back and get $40. In total i paid $20. If i rented the game for 4 weeks it would cost me $8 per five days for a cost of $32+ which more than $20. If i gameflied it for a month therefore getting no other games i would of spent my entire $16 monthly fee on one game which is around the same you are getting back. Also, most games trade in values are like $25 after release none are ever $40. It looks like a decent deal to me.

I would rather buy MW2 from amazon.com for 54 bucks and get a 20 dollar gift card to boot. Then if I decided to sell MW2 I could easily get 45-50 bucks back within the first month of it's release on ebay.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I would rather buy MW2 from amazon.com for 54 bucks and get a 20 dollar gift card to boot. Then if I decided to sell MW2 I could easily get 45-50 bucks back within the first month of it's release on ebay.[/QUOTE]

This

[quote name='anthonyd46']45-ebay fees-paypal fees[/QUOTE]

$50 - $7.50 Half.com fee + getting it in cash instead of credit + $6 lower price at Amazon + $20 gift card at Amazon >>>> $40 GS credit

[quote name='anthonyd46']45-ebay fees-paypal fees[/QUOTE]

BIN for 49.99 plus 3.99 shipping. With Powerseller discount you still profit 42.32. Trust me, within 1 month of this insanely hot game coming out, getting 49.99 plus shipping on ebay will be no problem. COD WAW was selling for over 35-40 bucks regularly just a few weeks ago and it's an OLD game.

49.99 (BIN)
3.99 (shipping
-3.71 (ebay fee)
-1.87 (paypal fee)
-2.09 (USPS 1st class)
= 42.32

[quote name='Readthepost']Damn, I should have. No joke, that is one of best ideas. :applause:
Do you think people will think I'm crazy asking for their receipt?[/QUOTE]

Dont know about people thinking your crazy...but sometimes I get stuck with a sealed newer game with no receipt and ill look on craigslist and buy someones receipt off them for a few bucks so i can get the cash back lol.

[quote name='anthonyd46']Whats so bad about this deal? I've been on the fence about this game(i hate war games but this one looks better than most) but if im paying $60 try to get some of the achievements and then return it back and get $40. In total i paid $20. If i rented the game for 4 weeks it would cost me $8 per five days for a cost of $32+ which more than $20. If i gameflied it for a month therefore getting no other games i would of spent my entire $16 monthly fee on one game which is around the same you are getting back. Also, most games trade in values are like $25 after release none are ever $40. It looks like a decent deal to me.[/QUOTE]

Do you not have a Blockbuster around you? If so check and see how their late fees work, because I can rent a game for a month for around $9.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']BIN for 49.99 plus 3.99 shipping. With Powerseller discount you still profit 42.32. Trust me, within 1 month of this insanely hot game coming out, getting 49.99 plus shipping on ebay will be no problem. COD WAW was selling for over 35-40 bucks regularly just a few weeks ago and it's an OLD game.

49.99 (BIN)
3.99 (shipping
-3.71 (ebay fee)
-1.87 (paypal fee)
-2.09 (USPS 1st class)
= 42.32[/QUOTE]
This is exactly why this isn't a horrible deal. It's not really worth my time to go through all that trouble just to get an extra $2.32.
Anyways, just spread the word around with your friends, and I'm sure one of them could find someone to buy your game from your for $50 or $55 if you really wanted to sell it and get cash.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']BIN for 49.99 plus 3.99 shipping. With Powerseller discount you still profit 42.32. Trust me, within 1 month of this insanely hot game coming out, getting 49.99 plus shipping on ebay will be no problem. COD WAW was selling for over 35-40 bucks regularly just a few weeks ago and it's an OLD game.

49.99 (BIN)
3.99 (shipping
-3.71 (ebay fee)
-1.87 (paypal fee)
-2.09 (USPS 1st class)
= 42.32[/QUOTE]

Ummm does that work out to 46.35? I mean if you charge 49.99 + 3.99. your math doesn't seem to count in the 3.99 shipping you are charging.

[quote name='myl0r']This is exactly why this isn't a horrible deal. It's not really worth my time to go through all that trouble just to get an extra $2.32.
Anyways, just spread the word around with your friends, and I'm sure one of them could find someone to buy your game from your for $50 or $55 if you really wanted to sell it and get cash.[/QUOTE]

No its still a horrible deal. You are still being forced to shop at Gamestop again instead of having actual money.

The problem is that they only give you a month. It ends up being a rental.

Not to mention Gamestop "reserves the right" to suddenly end it and not give you the $40.00 if they feel like it for some off-world reason.

It seems to be the new "thing" for them, though. They're doing it with a number of new games, including Assassin's Creed 2.

[quote name='slickkill77']No its still a horrible deal. You are still being forced to shop at Gamestop again instead of having actual money.[/QUOTE]
I can usually find something there to use store credit on, such as the upcoming b2g1 free sale. I do most of my gaming needs through Goozex, but I really don't understand the outright hate for GS that others have. It is a service, you choose if you want to use it or not. If you don't want to use it, why complain about it? If it makes others happy, that's their choice.

Did I complain? I was just pointing out why doing this was a bad idea. And yes Gamestop is just a service, but they are overpriced and will rip you off. So, why would you want to shop there again when you can save a lot more money somewhere else?

There's a hate for Gamestop because they are supposed to be the main game retailer and yet they are often the ones with the worst prices on things. Their trade in prices are crap, they don't price match, and they are slow as hell at dropping prices. What more could you want?

bread's done
Back