Pre-order Sturmwind for Sega Dreamcast €34.95

They spelled "storm" wrong, are these guys from Baltimore?

Eh seems a bit pricey to be a deal, these indie DC games aren't really anything new, even if it was I can't afford it, I only have 24 fancy-looking Es.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Comes with a free dreamcast right?[/QUOTE]

what real gamer doesn't have 1 or 5 in the closet? :lol:

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']what real gamer doesn't have 1 or 5 in the closet? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol I do actually have 1. It's stashed right next to my shenmu game.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']what real gamer doesn't have 1 or 5 in the closet? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I have two... with a box full of games next to it... might have to break it out and rock some powerstone.

Got 5 myself. 3 are still new and sealed.

[quote name='iamsmart']They spelled "storm" wrong, are these guys from Baltimore?
[/QUOTE]Germany actually.

Gotta wait this one out until they announce the DLC :)

I have 6 Dreamcasts, 1 is brand new and 2 are in their boxes. A lot of back up. I also have 4 Saturns too.

[quote name='Survivalism']I have one Dreamcast. It's in my entertainment center next to the N64.

...[/QUOTE]
This :/

Yeah seems a bit pricey, although these homebrew games almost always see a very limited release and shoot up in price.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I have 24 Dreamcasts. Ten of which are sealed new in box. I have some of the black ones too sealed.[/QUOTE]

now that is being safe. i wonder how your preparation for an apocalypse is.

i don't feel so prepared. i only have 1 dreamcast and 1 saturn.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I have 24 Dreamcasts. Ten of which are sealed new in box. I have some of the black ones too sealed.[/QUOTE]
You sir have my admiration and concern. xD

i call bullshit. Pics or it didn't happen

I actually recently just picked up a Saturn, now i have a bunch of expensive classics to get. I didn't know how expensive some are till i started looking them up. Good god, a good copy of panzer dragoon saga regularly goes for just over 200 bucks!

[quote name='Kenshindono']i call bullshit. Pics or it didn't happen[/QUOTE]

Could be an ex-family-owned video game store runner. Who knows. That's pretty much how most of these guys have extraneous collections.

Anyway, I own 2 Dreamcasts. One that is on the fritz and one that is backup until my main one officially dies. That's what a normal person should have, unless you are rich or have a lot of time on your hands because you are on welfare and don't work (see: Isaiah "Triforce" Johnson).

Oh, and this homebrew Xevious clone isn't worth anything but a free download. Anyone who buys it is a complete idiot.

I built a throne out of Dreamcasts and have my subjects address me as Sega Master.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Could be an ex-family-owned video game store runner. Who knows. That's pretty much how most of these guys have extraneous collections.

Anyway, I own 2 Dreamcasts. One that is on the fritz and one that is backup until my main one officially dies. That's what a normal person should have, unless you are rich or have a lot of time on your hands because you are on welfare and don't work (see: Isaiah "Triforce" Johnson).

Oh, and this homebrew Xevious clone isn't worth anything but a free download. Anyone who buys it is a complete idiot.[/QUOTE]

you have to be a complete moron to pass up this game. i bought rush rush rally racing from same company and and have no regrets.

i own 3 dreamcast systems and various controllers and games

[quote name='maxim2boobles']you have to be a complete moron to pass up this game.[/QUOTE]

Uh-huh. And you sir, must look like this-

fat_geek.jpg

"Everything's worth dropping a few pounds on, starting with your weight."

Seriously though, you probably don't look like that and I'm certainly not a moron for buying into homebrew games that look like the majority of the Xbox 360's library in Japan.

I have 7 dreamcasts as well. I started to get backups for backups in case a dreamcast died. My reasoning was that since I went through the trouble of getting every US game released that I should be prepared for the apocalypse. I am glad I am not the only crazy person here! I would have gotten 30 of them if I had the money. I sure I could have reasoned that one out somehow in my own head that I needed all of them.

[quote name='slamoco']I would have gotten 30 of them if I could have. I sure I could have reasoned that one out somehow in my own head that I needed all of them.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that called cognitive dissonance? You certainly don't need them.

I remember buying a complete working Dreamcast system on ebay for 25 cents. The shipping was like $8. I had the only bid and won. I bought others on ebay for cheap too. I guess at that time, no one cared about the Dreamcast. I have the light guns, wireless controllers, the fishing controller and some other Dreamcast stuff. I have 6 and I too wanted a lot of backup. I have backups for all my consoles, at least 2 of each.
This new game sounds cool. I have some import games from Japan, there are quite a number of them.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Isn't that called cognitive dissonance? You certainly don't need them.[/QUOTE]

Well, of course I know that now, lol (*looking up dreamcasts on ebay)

[quote name='Jodou']I built a throne out of Dreamcasts and have my subjects address me as Sega Master.[/QUOTE]

LMAO Someone who gets it.

i wonder if these guys have to get approval from Sega to do this or if the DC is just open market for anyone to put a game on now lol

[quote name='Darknuke']i wonder if these guys have to get approval from Sega to do this or if the DC is just open market for anyone to put a game on now lol[/QUOTE]

I dont know if you need approval. It should be like someone programming/developing their own software for the pc or phone and selling it to other users who find it useful.

I read that a small developer recently (in 2009 or something) released a game for the Atari lynx just like this. It included box, instructions, even the game itself down to a rom in an real Atari lynx plastic cartridge as if the game was an actual retail release all in shrinkwrap packaging.

[quote name='frpilot']
I read that a small developer recently (in 2009 or something) released a game for the Atari lynx just like this. It included box, instructions, even the game itself down to a rom in an real Atari lynx plastic cartridge as if the game was an actual retail release all in shrinkwrap packaging.[/QUOTE]

You're thinking of Zaku, which in my opinion, is the best game on Lynx.

[quote name='deantjeep']I have 6 Dreamcasts, 1 is brand new and 2 are in their boxes. A lot of back up. I also have 4 Saturns too.[/QUOTE]

And here I keep thinking to myself that owning 3 Dreamcasts and 3 Saturns is crazy.

It is. Welcome to CrazyAssGamers! 7 dreamcasts now does not seem to be enough. Must...collect...more. BTW, new game looks good!

[quote name='Garfield']And here I keep thinking to myself that owning 3 Dreamcasts and 3 Saturns is crazy.[/QUOTE]

Garfield, you are crazy...like me! Been collecting gaming systems since the Atari 2600. I don't have them all, like the 3DO. I have my Colecovision and Atari Jaguar still. I try to collect each system in their original boxes too...

[quote name='jumpiestranger2']Did a double take on the title of the thread, DC really. lol[/QUOTE]

The DC will never RIP. :lol: Now can some indie developer finish Shenmue 3 on the DC?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Lol I do actually have 1. It's stashed right next to my shenmue game.[/QUOTE]

I have one hooked up in my upstairs living room, Even though I dont really play on it since I playe all the games I had for it.

Now I am patiently waiting for the 3rd and final chapter of Shenmue.

I know it will hit a system some year.

bread's done
Back