pre-order  Wolfenstein: The New Order at BESTBUY and 20 IN MY BEST BUY CERTIFICATES plus other extra' s

S

starmask2k3

Got this email bestbuy saying this

pre-order the Wolfenstein: The New Order at BESTBUY 

PLUS GET $20 IN MY BEST BUY CERTIFICATESLaunch the most daring counter-offensive in history in Wolfenstein: The New Order, a game that puts you up against oversize Nazi robots, hulking Super Soldiers and elite shock troops in intense first-person combat. Break into hidden research facilities and heavily guarded weapons stashes to find out where the Nazi's advanced technology came from, and level the playing field by upgrading your own tools of destruction with what you find. From mountaintop car chases to underwater exploration, Wolfenstein: The New Order cultivates an unbelievably exhilarating adventure with high-octane action and an immersive game narrative, created by a group of seasoned developers at MachineGames and rendered in stunning detail with the id Tech 5 engine. So if you think you have the heart and the daring of a hero, go up against this terrifying Nazi regime and restore history to its rightful place.

Pre-Order now get access to:
MyBestBuy customers get $20 in reward certificatesThe Doom Beta, and the Only @ BestBuy Exclusive Panzerhud miniature

Last edited:
Best Buy's failures recently with fulfilling their pre-order items is beyond frustrating. None of the stores in my area got those panzerhund figures and I am not showing the 1000 pending points or even 500 for that matter. I know the points can take a few days, but they are pulling a bait and switch by advertising the collectible figure and not delivering. It is even on their pre-order card with a picture and the whole point is that if you are offering something as a retailer, you are supposed to honor it.
Nobody got the figures that's why they're giving you an extra $5 gift card.

I'm ready for mine to be delivered. At least it's coming today...but knowing UPS it'll get delivered around 8-830 and then it'll take 90 mins for that 5GB download and by then I'll be getting ready for bed or something. I don't see why my local best buy automatically have them now but they were on back order yesterday.

Oh wait...yes I do. My local best buy is awful. They don't even know what their own promotions are or what a GCU is.
90 minutes?

Best Buy's failures recently with fulfilling their pre-order items is beyond frustrating. None of the stores in my area got those panzerhund figures and I am not showing the 1000 pending points or even 500 for that matter. I know the points can take a few days, but they are pulling a bait and switch by advertising the collectible figure and not delivering. It is even on their pre-order card with a picture and the whole point is that if you are offering something as a retailer, you are supposed to honor it.
Lol there is no bait and switch as they aren't trying to sell you something in place of the figure and the figure was while supplies last so those who don't know about the cancelled figure would think they missed out because others got it first.

I'm ready for mine to be delivered. At least it's coming today...but knowing UPS it'll get delivered around 8-830 and then it'll take 90 mins for that 5GB download and by then I'll be getting ready for bed or something. I don't see why my local best buy automatically have them now but they were on back order yesterday.
Oh wait...yes I do. My local best buy is awful. They don't even know what their own promotions are or what a GCU is.
There coming at 7.59 and your going to have to go #2 at 7.58 and there going to ring the door bell But your not going to hear it so there going to leave a note saying sorry we missed you we will try again tomorrow from 12-8

Last edited:
They take the points out of the total that you returned. So if you paid 59.99 and returned it after spending the reward zone points you only get 39.99 back upon return.
And even if you don`t have enough mybb pts available the accounts can have a negative balance & there were a few abusers who reported account bans for excesive negative balances although this way before $120 GCU.

Lol there is no bait and switch as they aren't trying to sell you something in place of the figure and the figure was while supplies last so those who don't know about the cancelled figure would think they missed out because others got it first.
Point well taken and you are right as I stand corrected. Still, I wouldn't be out of line by saying it was false advertisement and I think it is easier to accept knowing that I did pick up that limited $100 collector's edition content that CAG brought to my attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know when the Doom Beta is actually starting? I redeemed the code and I know it will let me DL the beta when it's live, but is there a date?

I really like how they stay it like it was a old game it's 25 but you get 40% extra when u trade it towards A Selected game Out of only 5 games
Just wondering, but have you ever heard of periods, commas, incomplete sentences, etc...

Any of those ringing a bell? ;)

No offense. Your profile states you''re 32 years old. I was just wondering, why do you write like my Mom attempting to send a text message?

Point well taken and you are right as I stand corrected. Still, I wouldn't be out of line by saying it was false advertisement and I think it is easier to accept knowing that I did pick up that limited $100 collector's edition content that CAG brought to my attention.
I think they`d be protected from false advertising since they aren`t the ones actually making the statues sorta like fine print along the lines of "we`re not responsible for manufactoring issues & since they did acknowledge the issue & offer a realistic compensation offer I can`t kill them. When GS can`t come thru with a promised figure what do they do/offer?

I think they`d be protected from false advertising since they aren`t the ones actually making the statues sorta like fine print along the lines of "we`re not responsible for manufactoring issues & since they did acknowledge the issue & offer a realistic compensation offer I can`t kill them. When GS can`t come thru with a promised figure what do they do/offer?
Every time I see an offer it's like an mma show, card subject to change.

Weird my receipt showed it costing 42.99 when I did in store pickup, think they put 5 bucks back on gift card I used to preorder it?
Same for me, my pickup receipt shows 42.99 plus tax, should have been 47.99 plus tax (20% off of 59.99 for GCU). I think they gave the $5 credit up front, instead of emailing out an e-giftcard code.

Same for me, my pickup receipt shows 42.99 plus tax, should have been 47.99 plus tax (20% off of 59.99 for GCU). I think they gave the $5 credit up front, instead of emailing out an e-giftcard code.
Are you forgetting you put $5 down for the preorder...So the amount paid at time of pickup was $42.99+$5 deposit...

Every time I see an offer it's like an mma show, card subject to change.
I can`t complain when the changes are pro-consumer, the end result for Wolfenstein went from $10 credit to $25 credit. Irronically, if BB offered $20 or $25 credit upfront they wouldn`t even need a figure.
Hell, if they offered all GCU members $10 credit on all $40 games & $20 on all $60 games they`d actually be able to score alot more $120 subs. Throw in some good DLC & a steelbook = #gaming chokehold.

I can`t complain when the changes are pro-consumer, the end result for Wolfenstein went from $10 credit to $25 credit. Irronically, if BB offered $20 or $25 credit upfront they wouldn`t even need a figure.
Hell, if they offered all GCU members $10 credit on all $40 games & $20 on all $60 games they`d actually be able to score alot more $120 subs. Throw in some good DLC & a steelbook = #gaming chokehold.
speaking of which I thought best buy was going to start offering more steel books? The future shop ones. And also another good idea is they should of held a contest in store for E3

I guess this is a bad time to be asking this: I preordered using Rewards Certs, and actually only paid $3 on my BB credit card. Is it going to affect my ability to get the $20 rewards points back that I didn't pay for the whole thing on my credit card?

I guess this is a bad time to be asking this: I preordered using Rewards Certs, and actually only paid $3 on my BB credit card. Is it going to affect my ability to get the $20 rewards points back that I didn't pay for the whole thing on my credit card?
No

My receipt showed $47.99. Are you guys sure you are including a deposit you may have put down? I paid in full online when I preordered. I had better be getting that $25 in certs...

On a shittier note. I just popped in my game and there is nearly a 5GB Day 1 update. fucking awesome. Can't play for at least 1-2 hours.

no. I paid $20 in reward certificates and the rest on gift card same I always do with pre orders and I got the certificates back every time

Target trade thread taught me this is one of the many definitions of bait and switch, most definitely.

speaking of which I thought best buy was going to start offering more steel books? The future shop ones. And also another good idea is they should of held a contest in store for E3
From what the reps say behind the scenes the lack of a true "gaming mind" in position of power slows even the best ideas to a snails pace. I expect these to appear late 2014 at the earliest early to mid 2015 most likely.

The most perfect way to get an ideax from tell us more to we did it is this
1-30+ kudos under 30 days which will generally move it to under review in the same time period
2-While under.review another 20 or so over a 2-3 month period keeps it "current"
3-the other stages rarely get updated like when I was pushing for online @gamer or stacking with sale prices it just goes into effect.

Recently with the $120 GCU & the massive influx of post on the forums gaming related there`s been a trickle effect BB is more willing to bend & the ideax threads have been paid more attention to. They even mention CAG having an influence/presence because we`re pretty much the only group that shows up in force good or bad. They deleted the thread regarding the nerfed pm/return once it reached 60+ completely b/c there was so much feedback so fast lol.

100+ kudos will get pretty much any idea adapted in some way.

Pics? Just sounds too crazy, lol.
DoomBeta-sm.jpg

Funny thing is this is the second time that a code like this has been blank for me. Just bad luck, I guess.

Someone on reddit posted that too, so it's either common or you posted here too.

Either way Bethesda PM'd them on reddit and gave them a code. Mine came at 5PM today, took about an hour to download the patch but I've yet to play it. Had other stuff to do.

My receipt showed $47.99. Are you guys sure you are including a deposit you may have put down? I paid in full online when I preordered. I had better be getting that $25 in certs...

On a shittier note. I just popped in my game and there is nearly a 5GB Day 1 update. fucking awesome. Can't play for at least 1-2 hours.
Lol well the x1 version had a 7GB update. That's been known for awhile now and it's stupid. Didn't the PC version require an i7 processor or some cheap?

So did the patch get downloaded and installed as I was installing the disc? Cause I loaded up the game and it didn't ask to update.

what systems are you guys playing on that requires 5GB patch? a 31mb patch popped up for the PS3 but I decided not to update and just install it to HDD.

Im on PS4 and the initial install took less then a minute and I downloaded the patch in the background while I was playing. That took a little over an hour.

Someone on reddit posted that too, so it's either common or you posted here too.

Either way Bethesda PM'd them on reddit and gave them a code. Mine came at 5PM today, took about an hour to download the patch but I've yet to play it. Had other stuff to do.
Nope, that wasn't me.

I did use the links that he posted to try and get my code as well though.

I'm sure they'll take care of things.

Has anyone had issues getting the bonus points for preordering on their My Best Buy profiles? I remember it used to show up under your purchase details. I never received the $10 from Titanfall and nothing shows up for this game either.

Has anyone had issues getting the bonus points for preordering on their My Best Buy profiles? I remember it used to show up under your purchase details. I never received the $10 from Titanfall and nothing shows up for this game either.
I picked up my copy at 7:30ish today. I never expect it to show on my account for at least a day or so.

I'm on PS4 with my 5GB update Day 1.

It prompted me after I launched the disc for the first time with the notice about "Online features will not be available until update is installed" or whatever the verbiage is. While the game doesn't have multiplayer, I wanted to make sure trophies and leaderboards (if any) weren't affected.

It originally said download time was 7 hours (super pissed) then Internet speed picked up and it dropped to 4 hours (still pretty pissed) and then 90 minutes (not as pissed but now that's just annoying).

Did you ever get the $10? If you contacted a BB mod thru the forums they could look over your account to make sure everythings linked up correctly.

So far I'm not seeing any pending RZ points besides the actual game purchase (in store pickup).  Anyone else see their in-store pickup RZ points yet?

bread's done
Back