Pre-ordered Pokemon Diamond/Pearl for DS? Cancel it and do this.

Since EB is RIGHT down the street, and I want it on launch, I may pre- tomorrow because of credit. I'd be willing to sell my stylus to anyone who wants it.

[quote name='slidecage']OUr CC said the preorder thing ended APRIL 8 (where the pens were giving away) I got the last one but they wasnt very happy when i got it on the 12

so you might have a hard time finding them now[/quote]
Thanks for the tip.

My CC still has it now. Odd. They told me the pre-order is valid until 4/21/07, the day before release date. Plus, they still have like 30 styli left in a huge-ass display box.

I'm going this Monday to grab one.

[quote name='bg2001']the trick with circuit city preorders:

if you are going to preorder at cc you can doulbe up coupons.

if you preorder the 27.99 game with 10$ down, add filller to hit 200 so you can use 40 off 200 then your reciept will show a balance due of $12.4.

when you pick it up you can add more filler to hit 200 and use the 40/200 coupon again, that takes 20% off your balance owed, taking it to 9.90.

total paid 19.90.

the best is with 60 dollar ps3 games. pay 10, use coupon, balance due is 38.

use the coupon again when you pick it up, your balance will be 30.40. total paid: 40.40.[/quote]

I was going to at least take one $40 off $200 with an online order but CC.com does not allow coupons on preorders -

We are sorry, but Gift, eGift, or Merchandise Cards cannot be used to purchase Gift/eGift Cards, Music or Movie special orders/pre orders/back orders and DirecTV Systems.

Have you already started the deal you promote or was is just an idea?

I just got back from CC...they only let me preorder 4, so I did for $40..when I go back next Sunday..going to pay the rest 17.99*4 = 72 + GH2 so I can get a second controller and then sell the game on eBay for 90..then I'll get some other BS to make it to 200.

Does the 40/200 coupon at CC work only if before tax is 200, or can tax count towards the 200??

It seems that I've answered my own question. Game Crazy does in fact give you the stlyi and the holder when you preorder. But the store where I got this response at was out of both. Rats.

EDIT: Picked up my holder from Game Crazy and they said they didn't care if I kept it and used the credit on something else later. Awesome.

And apparently a lot of stores are stuck w/ the holders because they ran out of styli from single-game pre-orders so if anybody wants one they might want to try calling them.

[quote name='jhaymond1']I just got back from CC...they only let me preorder 4, so I did for $40..when I go back next Sunday..going to pay the rest 17.99*4 = 72 + GH2 so I can get a second controller and then sell the game on eBay for 90..then I'll get some other BS to make it to 200.

Does the 40/200 coupon at CC work only if before tax is 200, or can tax count towards the 200??[/QUOTE]

I would just keep the stylus cause its not worth much. PRobally be lucky to get 1 or 2 bucks tops after shipping (i highly doubt anyone would pay more then 3 bucks for it since almost every store was giving them away free with preorder.
\

UMMM question who in their right mind is going to give you 90 bucks for GH2 without the controller. Game with controller is going for less then that and you expect someone to give you 90 just for the game

and hopefully you dont expect to be selling those extra pokemon games for a profit cause im sure EBAY will be flooded with them.

I would double check my figures to make sure that they are right before getting stuck with alot of stuff you dont want

Nooo..I'm buying the package for 90...then going to sell the GAME on eBay for 50..thereby getting the second controller I need for 40.

Stylii are selling on eBay for 15+shipping, therefore, since I will be only spending 27.99 on the game AND stylus, I will be buying each game for roughly 12 bucks.

And yes, I do plan on selling the Pokemon games on eBay, since I will have only paid 12 bucks for them, I'm sure I get 30, mark it.

28 (buy) - 15 (stylus) = 13 cost each game * 3 = $39

WORST CASE SCENARIO: Sell on eBay for 30*3 = $90

$90 - $39 = $51 profit...pay for my game and 20 bucks more

I'd say I have the math worked out.

[quote name='GrayWolf323']ditto

will probably be canceling my EBGames preorder to do this[/QUOTE]

If you bring in the ad, they will price match up to $10

[quote name='jhaymond1']Nooo..I'm buying the package for 90...then going to sell the GAME on eBay for 50..thereby getting the second controller I need for 40.

Stylii are selling on eBay for 15+shipping, therefore, since I will be only spending 27.99 on the game AND stylus, I will be buying each game for roughly 12 bucks.[/QUOTE]

WOW LOL who would pay 15 bucks for a free styli. THen again people pay 25 buck for free yu gi oh cards. I didnt think the pens were going for that high. I might dump off my Pearl one

Then again there might be a crash so i would sell them asap

ALSO i dont know if i will sell mine or not. You would probally have to sell them in a box cause if you just stuck them in a padded evnllope im sure the heads could get broken very easy.

[quote name='guinaevere']
But the product isn't an unconditional give-away. It's only given out to customers who put down their $5 for the game.

If the stores just handed them out to anyone out of their own goodwill, then you'd have an argument. But this isn't the case.[/quote]

I see, ah well. I'm now stuck with an extra stylus, but I'll end up giving it to a friend anyway.

[quote name='donut']I was going to at least take one $40 off $200 with an online order but CC.com does not allow coupons on preorders -

We are sorry, but Gift, eGift, or Merchandise Cards cannot be used to purchase Gift/eGift Cards, Music or Movie special orders/pre orders/back orders and DirecTV Systems.

Have you already started the deal you promote or was is just an idea?[/quote]

i've done this before. it has to be done in store though.

[quote name='floatingaccount']If you bring in the ad, they will price match up to $10[/quote]
GameStop/EB Games does price matching? Since when? o_O;

My order from FamilyVideo shipped today as well, here is to hoping I get it by Saturday. I am actually surprised that it shipped so early and on time after hearing all the horror stories when pre-ordering from them.

[quote name='killthemall4444']Quick question. If I just bring in the CC ad showing what they're charging for Diamon/Pearl to best buy they have to give it to me for that price right?[/QUOTE]

You actually don't need the print ad sometimes. I pricematched the Venture Bros. Season 2 dvd there on Tuesday. I just brought it to customer service and told them it was cheaper at CC, and they looked it up on their computer and price matched it.

[quote name='Tsukento']GameStop/EB Games does price matching? Since when? o_O;[/QUOTE]

It's a hidden secret, we started doing it late last year. All you have to do is bring in the ad, and the employee should price match up to $10. if they don't they are being stupid, because I have done it for tons of customers, and I will do it for tons when I work on sunday.

[quote name='floatingaccount']It's a hidden secret, we started doing it late last year. All you have to do is bring in the ad, and the employee should price match up to $10. if they don't they are being stupid, because I have done it for tons of customers, and I will do it for tons when I work on sunday.[/quote]
Interesting. I will have to check this out then. Thanks for the tip-off.

I cancelled all 7 preorders I had at my GS because they told me they would not price match. It really needs to be a written policy. Things like this keep driving me away from GS.

What is this 200/40 coupon for Circuit City?

Also, does Best Buy match + 10%, or just simply match? And do they accept competitor's coupons? Thanks

They ship early, as most other online sites do. Just remember that there's no mail on Sundays, which is the release date of D/P, and that we're only 3 days away from release so it's not super early.

Well, I just wanted to let you guys know something, I think it's not worthy of it's own topic, but...

The local TRU guy told me that they were going to give away more free stuff if you preordered (or just bought) the game besides the styluses. He said they were giving away a case and screen protectors if you bought the game. If I remember correctly, they were giving something else...

So don't frown if you preordered from TRU, it might not be so bad after all. ;)

hmm.... last time I bought Oblivion shivering isle at gamestop for 30, and I showed them the best buy ad for 20. They still said they don't price match so I ended up returning it instead. Are you sure gamestop can price match? Because I'd think they'd rather price match than do a return... (the game was unopened btw).

I actually preordered both diamond and pearl about a month ago at gamestop so any help in this matter would be appreciated. Any sure fire way to get them to do a price match?

On another note, does anyone know if gamestop is doing a giant midnight party for this game?

Thanks in advance

I asked about the midnight launch here and they didn't seem to know (which is usually the case). I plan no showing up at one of the 5 Wal-Marts in my area at midnight to price match with the ad. If no luck there then I will be at CC when they open.

[quote name='hoofrog']I asked about the midnight launch here and they didn't seem to know (which is usually the case). I plan no showing up at one of the 5 Wal-Marts in my area at midnight to price match with the ad. If no luck there then I will be at CC when they open.[/quote]

Which makes it totally useless after the second Walmart. Saving 5 bucks, for more than 20 at gasoline? Tsk tsk, not good.

Here's a pretty obvious question, but do I have to bring in my pre-order receipt? Or do they have it in my name? I pre-ordered at gamestop and I've never pre-ordered anything before.

[quote name='FlameEye']Which makes it totally useless after the second Walmart. Saving 5 bucks, for more than 20 at gasoline? Tsk tsk, not good.[/quote]
If you read further back in the thread you'll see that I am buying 7 copies.

$34.99-$27.99 = $7 | $7 * 7 = $49

So you see the math adds up. Also I said I would head to one of the Wal-Marts in my area. Anyway... just wanted to justify the method to my madness.

Anyone get their's from FV? I got mine from Buy.com(hey they didn't cancel my order and return my money after charging my CC!) today.

My FV Pokémon Diamond shipped at eight o'clock this morning (as did the strategy guide I ordered from Walmart). I was thinking the game was going to ship next week because I got e-mailed with a backorder notice. But it seems they got a new batch in for the rest of their pre-orders. :applause:

During the wait, I'm playing the Pkmn GameCube games and I've got some work to do on Emerald to help keep me occupied. ;)

If anybody's pre-ordered the game like, over a month ago, and you're barely seeing this thread and considering to do this, you're screwed. Just read an e-mail sent around 2:30 AM PST saying my order was shipped yesterday.

I too got the FV shipping confirmation. ...5-10 day shipping is a bummer, but then again, I knew that when I had ordered.
Getting the game a week later for the price and no drive is worth it IMO. I wouldn't really have time to play it this week anyway (or rather, I would not get any work done if I bought the game this week :roll:)

I just went to gamestop yesterday and they told me I couldn't price match. He asked where it was cheaper and then he flat out lied to me. He said that by trading in used games I can get it even cheaper at gamestop. The fact is... CC has it 7 bucks cheaper, and I'm buying a total of 4 copies. There is no way in hell that I have that many used games to just give up so I can get it near the same price as CC (lets not forget the free game case). I was wondering if I didn't' pick up my game at gamestop, would they convert the 5 dollar down payments into store credit? Or could they give me a full refund. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I just went to gamestop yesterday and they told me I couldn't price match. He asked where it was cheaper and then he flat out lied to me. He said that by trading in used games I can get it even cheaper at gamestop. The fact is... CC has it 7 bucks cheaper, and I'm buying a total of 4 copies. There is no way in hell that I have that many used games to just give up so I can get it near the same price as CC (lets not forget the free game case). I was wondering if I didn't' pick up my game at gamestop, would they convert the 5 dollar down payments into store credit? Or could they give me a full refund. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

They'll turn the $5 into store credit. Just buy the game at Gamestop. After next week, $34 will be the going price for it anyways. It's going to be a hassle either ways, it's been about five new releases now that Circuit City totally messes up or doesn't have enough stock of.

Besides, Pokemon is one of the few games that will give you your $35 worth.

They'll have it when they open. All the stores got their copies late last week.

EDIT: And if it hasn't been mentioned yet, Gamestop's price match policy varies depending on the store/region.

[quote name='o_O']They'll have it when they open. All the stores got their copies late last week.

EDIT: And if it hasn't been mentioned yet, Gamestop's price match policy varies depending on the store/region.[/QUOTE]
Okay, so I guess I wasn't going insane. I think the CC I was at broke street day by a week. I saw a bunch of copies of D/P out, but didn't have a chance to take a closer look.

Sorry Abalistar, but they may not have been actual copies. At my my CC that I was at earlier this week, there were a few game cases, not games, on display. That confused me since other stores had stylusi out in leau of display copies.

And also, I suspect that most stores, not just CC, will get plenty of copies of the game. Probably not in the same amount as WoW: Burning Crusade, but still at least a few at the end of the day tomarrow.

Our cc and Best buy said they will only have enough for preorders. best buy said if you didnt preorder it would be sometime in may before you could buy one. I wonder if they be online tomorrow

CC here opens at 10 so i be out there grabbing my peral THOUGH i probally wont play it till next week DAMM U LUNAR KNIGHTS

[quote name='EvilEvincar']Sorry Abalistar, but they may not have been actual copies. At my my CC that I was at earlier this week, there were a few game cases, not games, on display. That confused me since other stores had stylusi out in leau of display copies.

And also, I suspect that most stores, not just CC, will get plenty of copies of the game. Probably not in the same amount as WoW: Burning Crusade, but still at least a few at the end of the day tomarrow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking originally, which is why I didn't pay too much attention to them. Looked like the real cases though.

and my Family Video order was backordered. Poo on that. Hopefully I can snag a copy tomorrow.. I may have to get up before noon and go hunting. My sleep cycle shall forever be destroyed!

bread's done
Back