Pre-owned price drops @ gamestop

Alex121006

CAGiversary!
i just checked out the gamestop web site and saw a few price drops on a few older and not so old pre-owned games.......

skyrim, $29.99

final fantasy 13, $9.99

fall out 3, $4.99

alpha protocol, $4.99.

im not sure if they are for both ps3 & 360, but i know that they are all the prices above for PS3.

Everyone tells me to avoid Alpha Protocol, but at the same time I hear some like it. Are those who like it just a few yet very vocal group or is there actually some merit to the game?

Figures, right after I go to Gamestop yesterday. Gamestop decides to drop the price on Alpha Protocol. Oh well, least I didn't buy it then.

[quote name='gunstar808']I noticed Witcher 2 was $34.99 at my local GS. Pretty sure that's a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Witcher 2 (New) is on sale for $40 this week I believe.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Everyone tells me to avoid Alpha Protocol, but at the same time I hear some like it. Are those who like it just a few yet very vocal group or is there actually some merit to the game?[/QUOTE]

Alpha Protocol is NOT a bad game. I played all the way through a few times, and I enjoyed it. Its production values may not be up to par with the AAA titles, but the whole point of playing a game is to have fun, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Definitely worth $5.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Everyone tells me to avoid Alpha Protocol, but at the same time I hear some like it. Are those who like it just a few yet very vocal group or is there actually some merit to the game?[/QUOTE]

Theres much much worse games you can get for 5 bucks haha...

if you dont mind bad gameplay and graphics, buy alpha protocol, the story is awesome, you make decisions like in mass effect but your decisions do actually change the story unlike ME where nothing different happens

I enjoyed the game. A lot of it is about knowing what the game is before you go into it. The combat sections aren't as much like Mass Effect as you might expect/hope, for one thing, and you essentially choose 1-word dialogue stances rather than what you're saying...but the choices really do matter, and despite what some have said, the gameplay isn't bad...it's just not great. Alpha Protocol is a game with some brilliant ideas that could have been wonderful, but as it is stands at decent.

[quote name='VaultDweller']if you dont mind bad gameplay and graphics, buy alpha protocol, the story is awesome, you make decisions like in mass effect but your decisions do actually change the story unlike ME where nothing different happens[/QUOTE]

If you can't get past the first few words in this post without cringing then don't buy Alpha Protocol...

Fallout 3 for 5 bucks is a steal. Especially if you buy a used copy of the GOTY edition, save all the DLC to your PS3/360 HD, return it and play the game in it's entirety with the vanilla version. Not bad for 5 bucks.

Alpha Protocol is pretty decent. A few of the systems don't work very well and cover controls are a bit wonky on the PC version (not relevant to this discussion), but it's an interesting and fun game. I think it took a lot of crap because it was buggy at launch like the vast majority of Obsidian products. Detailed review here if you're interested.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Not sure if it's a drop, but looks like Shadow of the Damned is $17.99 used right now.[/QUOTE]

It was that low during the B2G1 which is when I picked it up.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']It was that low during the B2G1 which is when I picked it up.[/QUOTE]

OK, my bad. I started it on PS3 but traded it recently. I ultimately wanted to play it on 360 for the achievements, but I'm kinda hoping to find it for $10 at some point.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']OK, my bad. I started it on PS3 but traded it recently. I ultimately wanted to play it on 360 for the achievements, but I'm kinda hoping to find it for $10 at some point.[/QUOTE]

I wanted a 360 copy too, but the only one was at another store.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Fallout 3 for 5 bucks is a steal. Especially if you buy a used copy of the GOTY edition, save all the DLC to your PS3/360 HD, return it and play the game in it's entirety with the vanilla version. Not bad for 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

IIRC GameStop sells GOTY for a higher price than the original release. Absolute steal if I'm wrong of course.

All good deals here. Wish I'd waited on Alpha but I picked it up from GameFly when it was $10 or $12.

This is nothing more than another group of people trying to create their own ecosystem and calling it "open". No system can be open. There has to be rules in place or else it is chaos. Sure they are going to allow any piece of crap to be on their store but does that REALLY benefit the consumer?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Fallout 3 for 5 bucks is a steal. Especially if you buy a used copy of the GOTY edition, save all the DLC to your PS3/360 HD, return it and play the game in it's entirety with the vanilla version. Not bad for 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

That's evil. That's despicable. That's horrible.

Would that work for Fallout New Vegas and the ultimate edition?

[quote name='matrix9280']That's evil. That's despicable. That's horrible.

Would that work for Fallout New Vegas and the ultimate edition?[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:# It might even work for Dragon Age and other GOTY/Ultimate Editions

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']:whistle2:# It might even work for Dragon Age and other GOTY/Ultimate Editions[/QUOTE]IDK about fallout nv but it does work with DA:O

[quote name='Brother Daz']IDK about fallout nv but it does work with DA:O[/QUOTE]

I can confirm fallout 3, I just borrowed a friends DLC disk. Also works on Oblivion. I'd assume it works for all Bethesda games. It doesn't work for Arkham city though.

It works with any goty game that has a second disc. It works with borderlands goty, or batman AC goty. Speaking of batman that series is going to suck for awhile.

I've played through it twice and loved it both times. The AI and graphics aren't the best, but the story is really interesting and the choices you make actually do affect the game. You can't go wrong for $5.

Add me to the list of Alpha Protocol supporters. I absolutely loved the game. But as others have said, you should know what you're getting into before you play it. It's an RPG, not a shooter. So as long as you understand that you might miss when you shoot your gun until you level up that ability, you'll be fine.

It's not perfect in any way, but there aren't many games that I've played all the way thru multiple times and this was one that I did.

Are these prices good in-store; pick-up-in-store still shows the old prices.

And ironically, it looks like Mass Effect 3 went back up in price.

[quote name='rkrocks123']How has nobody mentioned that Fallout: New Vegas is $10? I've wanted to pick that game up for a while.[/QUOTE]
It was $10 new at BB and even so not many people bit

Went to Gamestop and bought this:
P1010140.jpg

Ended up with this:
P1010139.jpg

Result:
67c6b_ORIG-I_Ain_t_Even_Mad.jpg

[quote name='Reraise']Also inversion $39.99, spec ops is 20% off too. At least in my store[/QUOTE]

got this on BB 19.99 deal and the single player story is pretty good.

Any thoughts on Lost Odyssey for $10? I recently discovered that I enjoy JRPGs and have started playing some Final Fantasy titles (half way through VII and XIII).

[quote name='mpaullin']Any thoughts on Lost Odyssey for $10? I recently discovered that I enjoy JRPGs and have started playing some Final Fantasy titles (half way through VII and XIII).[/QUOTE]

Omg Omg 10$ is a bargin for that underrated gem ! Its amazing all around. If you like final fantasy 10 then get this. Best rpg of this gen !!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']It works with any goty game that has a second disc. It works with borderlands goty, or batman AC goty. Speaking of batman that series is going to suck for awhile.[/QUOTE]

Would it work with Red Dead GOTY? I watched an unboxing of the 360 and the guy unboxing said the second disc includes "the online multiplayer and the undead nightmare dlc." Installing the second disc would give me all the extras? If so then I'll just find a cheap vanilla red dead.

[quote name='mpaullin']Any thoughts on Lost Odyssey for $10? I recently discovered that I enjoy JRPGs and have started playing some Final Fantasy titles (half way through VII and XIII).[/QUOTE]
I think it's awesome if you have the time to invest. I've bought and resold the game about 4 times, and always end up getting it again when I see it for the right price. I have it now, and I think I'm gonna go through it again when I'm done screwing around with 50 cent(I know, complete 180, but it's hilarious).

I'm a big RPG guy and used to only play JRPGs, and I've since switched to mostly Western with Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout. This game really captures a lot of the stuff that I like with it. Deep story, the voice acting isn't terrible NOR overused(something I find that the Tales series has really gotten to doing which just kills the games for me since I can't stand the voices they choose most of the time), and I like the combat system. If I'm thinking right, it's kind of like Legend of Dragoon, which was challenging, but worth it.

[quote name='i MarK i']Would it work with Red Dead GOTY? I watched an unboxing of the 360 and the guy unboxing said the second disc includes "the online multiplayer and the undead nightmare dlc." Installing the second disc would give me all the extras? If so then I'll just find a cheap vanilla red dead.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, because I think they probably just combined the Undead Nightmare disc they put out with the full game.

I just got the Undead Nightmare from the PUR points thing, since I don't care much about the extra multiplayer stuff.

bread's done
Back