Pre-owned price drops @ gamestop

Alex121006

CAGiversary!
i just checked out the gamestop web site and saw a few price drops on a few older and not so old pre-owned games.......

skyrim, $29.99

final fantasy 13, $9.99

fall out 3, $4.99

alpha protocol, $4.99.

im not sure if they are for both ps3 & 360, but i know that they are all the prices above for PS3.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Omg Omg 10$ is a bargin for that underrated gem ! Its amazing all around. If you like final fantasy 10 then get this. Best rpg of this gen !!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Oh come on, it's hardly underrated.

I'd approach with caution as it is difficult to stay interested all the way through, but you can't go wrong at $10. Some really cool aspects to the game.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Oh come on, it's hardly underrated.

I'd approach with caution as it is difficult to stay interested all the way through, but you can't go wrong at $10. Some really cool aspects to the game.[/QUOTE]

I can see why people think it's underrated. I think it's definitely underlooked and overshadowed at the least. With Bethesda changing how most people view/enjoy RPGs(myself included) it's easy to see a lot of JRPGs never get a real chance.

I liked Blue Dragon, but never finished it, because of Oblivion. That's another one that I think is overlooked this gen, and maybe we'll get a sequel(a real one, not the one on the DS), but I'm not counting on it.

I wish they'd make a new Legend of Legaia and a new Grandia that matches the older ones. I loved those two individual combat systems and would love to see more games go through it. I also wouldn't be upset with a new Shadow Hearts.

[quote name='i MarK i']Would it work with Red Dead GOTY? I watched an unboxing of the 360 and the guy unboxing said the second disc includes "the online multiplayer and the undead nightmare dlc." Installing the second disc would give me all the extras? If so then I'll just find a cheap vanilla red dead.[/QUOTE]

it will. ANy goty that comes with a second disc, it will work. LA Noire im not too sure of since that game comes with 3 discs from the getgo on the 360.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']it will. ANy goty that comes with a second disc, it will work. LA Noire im not too sure of since that game comes with 3 discs from the getgo on the 360.[/QUOTE]

It also works on most single disk PS3 GOTY editions as well.

As long as the DLC is downloaded, then the game boots up like the vanilla version (Fallout 3 for example) it will work.

I'd pay $60 for Lost Odyssey. It's that good if you like JRPG. For $9 I might buy it back as I kinda regret not having it in my collection anymore.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Everyone tells me to avoid Alpha Protocol, but at the same time I hear some like it. Are those who like it just a few yet very vocal group or is there actually some merit to the game?[/QUOTE]

I played it on PC so I can't talk about the inferior 360 graphics. I enjoyed the hell out of it, I enjoyed the realistic shooting. It's an RPG to the core, all your decisions matter and there are a ton of them.

The PS3 FO3 GOTY edition has all the DLC on the disc, so you need the disc to play the DLC. Tried it with FO3 a while back and it didnt work. Plus a few GOTY editions now use different save files, so progress from one will not transfer to the same game. Same with physical vs digital (PSN) versions of the game.

I've bought Lost Odyssey about three times because I'm determined to finally beat a freakin' JRPG. I'm gonna do it. One of these days.

[quote name='rkrocks123']How has nobody mentioned that Fallout: New Vegas is $10? I've wanted to pick that game up for a while.[/QUOTE]

Because it's not as good as Fallout 3.

/opinion

[quote name='Royal High Knight']It works with any goty game that has a second disc. It works with borderlands goty, or batman AC goty. Speaking of batman that series is going to suck for awhile.[/QUOTE]

why? :whistle2:?

Skyrim is only on sale for 1 week. I made a thread about the GS weekly ad for this week.

Also for those getting Lost Odyssey, make sure you get all FOUR disks for that game. As seen above, many GS employees aren't exactly the greatest at filling the case with the correct game.

Kinda tempted to use my 20% coupon an PUR discount on Skyrim again, that would bring it down to $21-ish......

Hmm.......??????

my input on the dlc 2nd discs. on beth game like fallout, you cn install the dlc and use the vanilla version and still have access. now companies are getting smarter and you can't do it with some of the newer games.

arkham city won't let you do it.
undead nightmares won't let you do it

borderlands i'm not sure as the first batch of goty included download vouchers and not a 2nd disc.
read around some forums and borderlands dlc can be installed to any 360/ps3

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I love the series, perhaps my favorite series current gen, but this news kinda made me :cold:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/11/arkham-city-sequel-will-be-a-silver-age-prequel[/QUOTE]

It sounds like it's going to be separate from the film, just released around the same time to help market it. Hopefully they do what they did with Batman, and take all the things that make each character awesome and design original gameplay and missions around that.

Except for Aquaman, hmm, how to make him cool? Maybe a variation on the Mass Effect conversation trees for when he's talking to fish?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']it will. ANy goty that comes with a second disc, it will work. LA Noire im not too sure of since that game comes with 3 discs from the getgo on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Actually it turns out it doesn't matter for me. I don't have the vanilla RDR, and the GOTY is only 4 bucks more than the vanilla at GS. So I'd rather spend the $24 for the GOTY than find a cheap vanilla and a used GOTY. :D

i'm hoping to find vanilla rdr for cheap as the extra content is the undead nightmare and dlc packs which is mostly multilayer maybe except for a costume or 2

too bad gamestop isn't discounting vanilla as well

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Fallout 3 for 5 bucks is a steal. Especially if you buy a used copy of the GOTY edition, save all the DLC to your PS3/360 HD, return it and play the game in it's entirety with the vanilla version. Not bad for 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

i don't understand, why would you buy the game for $5 , use the dlc with the vanilla version , then return it ? is the vanilla version even cheaper than $5 ???

[quote name='rkrocks123']How has nobody mentioned that Fallout: New Vegas is $10? I've wanted to pick that game up for a while.[/QUOTE]

I think they have it new at BB for $10, last time I checked.

[quote name='havuk']i don't understand, why would you buy the game for $5 , use the dlc with the vanilla version , then return it ? is the vanilla version even cheaper than $5 ???[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this post at all.

I had planned on buying the Vanilla version for 5, then a couple days later buy a used GOTY edition, download the DLC to my hard drive, then return GOTY edition and everything with the Vanilla version (which I intended on keeping).

What ended up happening was the guy at gamestop gave me a GOTY edition when I was attempting to purchase the Vanilla version...I didn't notice this until I got home but I paid 5 and ended up with the GOTY edition.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']
What ended up happening was the guy at gamestop gave me a GOTY edition when I was attempting to purchase the Vanilla version...I didn't notice this until I got home but I paid 5 and ended up with the GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]

Incompetence FTW!

[quote name='derkduck']So is this online only? Went in today and was told the in store prices wont be the same as the online.[/QUOTE]
90% of Gamestops employees=head in ass

[quote name='derkduck']So is this online only? Went in today and was told the in store prices wont be the same as the online.[/QUOTE]

YES, its in store for the on sale prices also, not just online. I just bought alpha protocol & fallout 3, they were $4.99 each.

YMMV, but the store I went to applied the $20 off promo for Final Fantasy XIII-2 to the collector's edition for me. Sometimes you just have to ask :)

those dummies at gamestop gave me a hard time

went to trade in a few old games i didnt want because they were useless and old

trade came to 15.40 then picked up skyrim that added 30% extra to the trade and extra 10% with my pur

he tried to claim i could not use the skyrim sale and the 30% extra trade with my pur 10% at same time

had to call his dm right on the spot ...shame i have to keep the dm number for every gamestop i go to in case they try to bend me over

but got my game and game and my bonuses

[quote name='Alex121006']YES, its in store for the on sale prices also, not just online. I just bought alpha protocol & fallout 3, they were $4.99 each.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll have to try a different one tommorow. Went to buy Fallout NV and was told its $18 and the $9.99 price is only online.

[quote name='darkvulture']those dummies at gamestop gave me a hard time

went to trade in a few old games i didnt want because they were useless and old

trade came to 15.40 then picked up skyrim that added 30% extra to the trade and extra 10% with my pur

he tried to claim i could not use the skyrim sale and the 30% extra trade with my pur 10% at same time

had to call his dm right on the spot ...shame i have to keep the dm number for every gamestop i go to in case they try to bend me over[/QUOTE]

That's absolutely ridiculous. I would never have done that to anyone. The only reason someone would say that is their new, their losing money in that store a lot, or it's a manager trying to get the most out of someone. That manager should be fired for that kind of shit.

It's known from the day you work there that trade in promo's have nothing to do with sale prices. I can't believe the shit these stores try to pull since I've worked there.

[quote name='derkduck']Guess I'll have to try a different one tommorow. Went to buy Fallout NV and was told its $18 and the $9.99 price is only online.[/QUOTE]

Did they even scan it? Because on the website it doesn't say online only for anything. The point of this Gamestock thing is to get customers to buy shit, and they're turning customers away. What morons...

[quote name='tuffguycore']That's absolutely ridiculous. I would never have done that to anyone. The only reason someone would say that is their new, their losing money in that store a lot, or it's a manager trying to get the most out of someone. That manager should be fired for that kind of shit.

It's known from the day you work there that trade in promo's have nothing to do with sale prices. I can't believe the shit these stores try to pull since I've worked there.[/QUOTE]

i got the game for the price he said ok fine i will do it and he used my birthday 20% to so got the 30% off the sale price

never had the problem before from any gamestop but that one i stopped going to because they are Aholes but stopped in because i was in the area

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Must be online only or very YMMV because my local GS's dont have these prices[/QUOTE]

Just curious, but did you just look at the prices on the cases, or did you actually try to buy them? There have been quite a few times that I've gone to GS and employees haven't gotten around to relabeling some titles, particularly if the price adjustment was recent.

Just picked up Fallout 3 for $4.49.

Bastards were hiding all the vanilla version cases in a drawer behind counter. Only the GOTY ones were in display. :lol:

Hmm I still have my B2G1 coupon from renewing my PUR to Pro during their actual B2G1. Now might be the best time to get Skyrim. Probably grab

Asura's Wrath $34.99
Skyrim $29.99
Resident Evil ORC $27.99 (Free)

Hope I can find a store with all three :O

[quote name='derkduck']Guess I'll have to try a different one tommorow. Went to buy Fallout NV and was told its $18 and the $9.99 price is only online.[/QUOTE]

they have to actualy scan the game for it to come up for the sale price. when the guy first scaned alpha protocol, it didn't come up at $4.99, it came up for around $7 or $8. he had to wait a second for some kind of promo to come up on the register/computer. so take my word that all of these games are on sale for in store also, not just online. if the person at the register says no its not on sale, you have to ask him to make sure and scan it again or look for some kind of promo. i know this for a fact because i bought protocal & fallout 3, and they were both $4.99 each.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I don't understand this post at all.

I had planned on buying the Vanilla version for 5, then a couple days later buy a used GOTY edition, download the DLC to my hard drive, then return GOTY edition and everything with the Vanilla version (which I intended on keeping).

What ended up happening was the guy at gamestop gave me a GOTY edition when I was attempting to purchase the Vanilla version...I didn't notice this until I got home but I paid 5 and ended up with the GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]

oh, i didn't realise you where talking about stealing the dlc and returning it, sorry

[quote name='morrodox']It sounds like it's going to be separate from the film, just released around the same time to help market it. Hopefully they do what they did with Batman, and take all the things that make each character awesome and design original gameplay and missions around that.

Except for Aquaman, hmm, how to make him cool? Maybe a variation on the Mass Effect conversation trees for when he's talking to fish?[/QUOTE]

Well he did sink all of Europe at one point D:

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Fallout 3 for 5 bucks is a steal. Especially if you buy a used copy of the GOTY edition, save all the DLC to your PS3/360 HD, return it and play the game in it's entirety with the vanilla version. Not bad for 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

You can't do that.

[quote name='SonyFanboy#1']You can't do that.[/QUOTE]
Until they get rid of their return policy, trolls are gonna continue to do things like that.

I can confirm being online only or YMMV. I went to my local GameStop to get Alpha Protocol for $4.99. Case still was stickered old price. I took it up to the register and he price checked it and there was no change.

I ain't spending no $8 on this game, so yeah.

I was just thinking this is one of the slowest fays I can remember on this forum. This thread being bumped to the top all day is good proof.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I can confirm being online only or YMMV. I went to my local GameStop to get Alpha Protocol for $4.99. Case still was stickered old price. I took it up to the register and he price checked it and there was no change.

I ain't spending no $8 on this game, so yeah.[/QUOTE]

i know this is a stupid question, but....
what does YMMV mean again ?
i was told what it means befor but i forgot.

[quote name='Alex121006']i know this is a stupid question, but....
i was told what it means befor but i forgot.[/QUOTE]

your mileage may vary

[quote name='Buuhan1']I can confirm being online only or YMMV. I went to my local GameStop to get Alpha Protocol for $4.99. Case still was stickered old price. I took it up to the register and he price checked it and there was no change.

I ain't spending no $8 on this game, so yeah.[/QUOTE]

im not sure if you seen my post from a few hours ago, but when i was at gamestop today i bought alpha protocol, but i didn't ring up at $4.99 right of way, it rang up at around $8 and then after a few seconds or even maybe the second time he scaned the game, he said "oh yeah it is $4.99" he mentioned some kind of promo code that came up on the register/computer, so maybe try again in store and maybe even another gamestop, thats if you even want it that bad.

[quote name='Alex121006']i know this is a stupid question, but....
i was told what it means befor but i forgot.[/QUOTE]

Your Merchant May Vary.

bread's done
Back