Predators - In theaters now! Post your Reviews here! (Spoilers)

Very disappointed with what I am reading; I wanted this to "not suck" badly.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Compared to AvP2 , I thought it was much better. I liked the Pred Designs better this time around. The story was ok... I did like the sword fight between that one guy and the pred...didn't feel too cheap.[/QUOTE]

Anything compared to AvP2 is good. A hot poker in your eye? "At least it wasn't as painful on my eyes as AvP2."

Hit by a bus? "I felt better after than when I spent money on AvP2."

Seriously, one of the worst movies ever.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Very disappointed with what I am reading; I wanted this to "not suck" badly.

Anything compared to AvP2 is good. A hot poker in your eye? "At least it wasn't as painful on my eyes as AvP2."

Seriously, one of the worst movies ever.[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad. Give it a chance.

[quote name='ITDEFX']It's not that bad. Give it a chance.[/QUOTE]
I saw that turd in the theater (w/o reading reviews) and again on DVD to pacify my brother's nagging, it was beyond just terrible- It made me question humanity's existence.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I saw that turd in the theater (w/o reading reviews) and again on DVD to pacify my brother's nagging, it was beyond just terrible- It made me question humanity's existence.[/QUOTE]

No no..I was mostly talking about the new predators movie. The trailer for Avp2 was great as it looked like it was going to be a great step in the right direction with all the action and heads being blown off and blood and so on ...but the whole human story side was a big waste of time...

I'm saying give the new predators movie a chance.

Anyone know where this movie fits in the whole series timeline? What I would like to see next is the series move ahead into the future...around the Aliens/Alien 3 time period....where the humans take the fight to the predators.

[quote name='ITDEFX']No no..I was mostly talking about the new predators movie. The trailer for Avp2 was great as it looked like it was going to be a great step in the right direction with all the action and heads being blown off and blood and so on ...but the whole human story side was a big waste of time...

I'm saying give the new predators movie a chance.

Anyone know where this movie fits in the whole series timeline? What I would like to see next is the series move ahead into the future...around the Aliens/Alien 3 time period....where the humans take the fight to the predators.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok.

From the contemporary weapons in the trailer, the AA12 . . . etc. I assumed it was now or . . . 'in a not too distant future."

I'll certainly rent Predators but will pass on seeing it theaters from what I've read, especially with two tickets running the cost of owning a blu-ray.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Very disappointed with what I am reading; I wanted this to "not suck" badly.

Seriously, one of the worst movies ever.[/QUOTE]

I think I'd rather watch AvP2 than do either of those things.

I'll probably be seeing this movie sometime this weekend though. Trailers looked interesting.

I just came back from it and its not disappointing at all... ill say this if you are a predator fan, go watch it. If you like P2 or any of the avp films, go watch it. But if you have not interest in the series then it might not appeal to you. The movie actually is low budget but does a good job at making it seem alot better/bigger then its budget. Acting was good to decent and there was alot of comic relief (and i mean alot!). Action scenes were also impressive but often short. Im going to keep the review short and say i liked it but its no Oscar worthy movie.

Id say 8/10.

[quote name='Scorch']I agree with the above two guys. I was expecting so much more.

The scene in the trailer with all of the targeting reticules on Brody isn't even in the movie. There's only one reticule on him in that scene.[/QUOTE]

Had they kept that scene, it wouldnt have made sense b/c well there were only 3 preds hunting. It would only bring up the question of where are all these reticules coming from and so on and so forth.

I think they changed that for the trialer to get people to go. The scene was the same other than that. I thought the movie was great. I didn't like the look of the larger predators. Also didn't
Brody get in the ship?] Anyway I liked this and will be picking it up on BD when it comes out.

[quote name='sendme']I think they changed that for the trialer to get people to go. The scene was the same other than that. I thought the movie was great. I didn't like the look of the larger predators. Also didn't
Brody get in the ship?
Anyway I liked this and will be picking it up on BD when it comes out.[/QUOTE]

^ you didnt spoiler it right
he did but i guess he came back out before it took off, ill have to rewatch it to see

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']^ you didnt spoiler it right
he did but i guess he came back out before it took off, ill have to rewatch it to see
[/QUOTE]

I dont think he got on... The ship was on auto pilot when it took off.

Ummm....what? Are the last few posters seriously that high?
How the fuck can you forget if Brody's character got on the ship or not?
The last goddamn 20 minutes of the film wouldn't have happened if he did.

The reason I didn't go and watch it was that scene in the trailers with all the reticules. "Why the fuck would there be that many Predators? That makes no sense, grumble grumble. >;{ "

But now I guess I might go n give it a chance.

[quote name='DrSodaberg']The reason I didn't go and watch it was that scene in the trailers with all the reticules. "Why the fuck would there be that many Predators? That makes no sense, grumble grumble. >;{ "

But now I guess I might go n give it a chance.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about that too...

..however once again the trailer is misleading..or it could have been cut from the final release... there was only one tri beam.... if there were "more" preds, then yea that would have been fucked up but I suspect the ending shown in theaters might have been changed from it's original ending.

[quote name='gregthomas77']This movie was excellent. This was what Predator 2 should have been.[/QUOTE]

This is kinda like what they did for Superman Returns... pretty much making us *forget* that superman 3 and 4 ever happened and continued the story from there.

Predator 2 wasn't that bad...not great but not bad either. A cameo of Arnold would have been nice (don't ask me how, but since he's showing up in that expendables movie..anything is possible.). It would have been nice to have mentioned the destruction of that town from AvP2 putting it sometime after those events giving the audience a general timeline of where Predators is being placed.

I saw it Friday night. My expectations were: Humans abducted, dropped on alien planet and hunted by predators. What I got was exactly what I expected. And...it was good!
The chick I went with said "I just want to see Adrien Brody's spine get ripped out by a Predator!" She is a good chick in my book. But I must say Brody pulled it off and even buffed up for the part, so I don't think he's useless anymore. Final analysis: Don't expect Oscar nominations and just go for a fun ride. I was definitely worth that.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Ummm....what? Are the last few posters seriously that high?
How the fuck can you forget if Brody's character got on the ship or not?
The last goddamn 20 minutes of the film wouldn't have happened if he did.[/QUOTE]

It is not that we forgot. To me it looked like he got on the ship and then the ship left and then was blown up. I will have to see it again when it comes out on BD but I don't remember anything other than him getting on the ship, ship leaving then the Predator blowing it up. After that it goes to the next scene where the Predator goes after the other 2. I could be wrong and just missed it if something else happend between the scenes.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I was wondering about that too...

..however once again the trailer is misleading..or it could have been cut from the final release... there was only one tri beam.... if there were "more" preds, then yea that would have been fucked up but I suspect the ending shown in theaters might have been changed from it's original ending.
[/QUOTE]

Don't see a point in puting this in a spoiler so I'm not. I don't think the scene was cut or ending changed. I think the trailer was just misleading. I think they wanted you to think it was a Predator home world and that it was full of Predators. I guess we will find out for sure if it is put on the BD when it comes out.

[quote name='ITDEFX']This is kinda like what they did for Superman Returns... pretty much making us *forget* that superman 3 and 4 ever happened and continued the story from there.

Predator 2 wasn't that bad...not great but not bad either. A cameo of Arnold would have been nice (don't ask me how, but since he's showing up in that expendables movie..anything is possible.). It would have been nice to have mentioned the destruction of that town from AvP2 putting it sometime after those events giving the audience a general timeline of where Predators is being placed.[/QUOTE]

Arnold only was able to do the Expendables on the weekend. They had to make time around the shooting for him. Also I don't think he is in much of it. I think it is just one or 2 scenes. However he could be in the next one. I still don't see how because don't the Predators leave you alone if you kill one of their own? If that is the case then why would they drop Dutch on that planet to hunt him?

EDIT: Also with Predators I think they are trying to forget that Predator 2 and the 2 AVP movies ever happend. This takes place some time after the first one. Also they don't reference anything from Predator 2 but they do reference the first one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the fantastic movie ,,
I watched the Trailer of this Film "Predator " in this site http://www.mtjunkie.org/ then i watched the first show in theater ..
The story sounds very interesting & cinematography is cool and pleasant....
Mr Nimród Antal has took fantastic film & i felt happy to watch it ...
He has given a movie that has his stamp in the form of an Thrilling and engrossing screenplay ..
Its the best movie that ever i watched ...

[quote name='sendme']

Don't see a point in puting this in a spoiler so I'm not. I don't think the scene was cut or ending changed. I think the trailer was just misleading. I think they wanted you to think it was a Predator home world and that it was full of Predators. I guess we will find out for sure if it is put on the BD when it comes out.

Arnold only was able to do the Expendables on the weekend. They had to make time around the shooting for him. Also I don't think he is in much of it. I think it is just one or 2 scenes. However he could be in the next one. I still don't see how because don't the Predators leave you alone if you kill one of their own? If that is the case then why would they drop Dutch on that planet to hunt him?

EDIT: Also with Predators I think they are trying to forget that Predator 2 and the 2 AVP movies ever happend. This takes place some time after the first one. Also they don't reference anything from Predator 2 but they do reference the first one.[/QUOTE]

Yea I read somewhere that this movie was suppose to take place on the predators home world. But I never really followed production as was like, "meh" after the last movie. I really think it's time to take us to the predator's homeworld...as the scenes we got from AvP2 was not enough to tell us more about the preds. As for Arnold's short scenes in the Expendables, I think your right. People are going to go to this movie thinking it's got arnold, bruce and Silvester in it...and all we get is a few cameos by arnold and bruce and the rest is Silvester...

As for leaving you alone if you kill one of their own...maybe.. That ending for Predator 2 could be a one time thing... we still don't know much about the predator's honor system. Heck killing one of them could either just piss off the rest of the clan or just say, "Hey this mofo killed one of our peeps, lets see if he can kill our strongest warrior!...*then comes out a brute predator*"

Now I think it would have been a real treat if one of the crates that dropped down at the end contained a few Xenomorphs.

[quote name='sendme']
It is not that we forgot. To me it looked like he got on the ship and then the ship left and then was blown up. I will have to see it again when it comes out on BD but I don't remember anything other than him getting on the ship, ship leaving then the Predator blowing it up. After that it goes to the next scene where the Predator goes after the other 2. I could be wrong and just missed it if something else happend between the scenes.
[/QUOTE]

Nothing else happens inbetween those 2 scenes involving Brody's character.

I liked it. Totally worth watching. No, it's not as good as Predator, but really, was there any chance of that happening? It's not the Aliens flick that you were hoping for.

One thing I didn't see mentioned that I really enjoyed was the score - heavily influenced by the original Silvestri (and straight lifted during some parts (eg. the "Billy" scene).

The predators looked good too.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yea I read somewhere that this movie was suppose to take place on the predators home world. But I never really followed production as was like, "meh" after the last movie. I really think it's time to take us to the predator's homeworld...as the scenes we got from AvP2 was not enough to tell us more about the preds. As for Arnold's short scenes in the Expendables, I think your right. People are going to go to this movie thinking it's got arnold, bruce and Silvester in it...and all we get is a few cameos by arnold and bruce and the rest is Silvester...

As for leaving you alone if you kill one of their own...maybe.. That ending for Predator 2 could be a one time thing... we still don't know much about the predator's honor system. Heck killing one of them could either just piss off the rest of the clan or just say, "Hey this mofo killed one of our peeps, lets see if he can kill our strongest warrior!...*then comes out a brute predator*"

Now I think it would have been a real treat if one of the crates that dropped down at the end contained a few Xenomorphs.[/QUOTE]

I saw the movie with a friend of mine and they were telling me about the honor system with the predators. From what they said they have read all or most of the books and the comics. So it could all be different. I don't think they will have any Xenomorphs in it. Not unless they want to restart AVP as Rodriguez and Antal have both said the the films made the Predator look cartoonish and wanted to stay as far away from them and Predator 2 as they could. I would love to see a good AVP but the movies have ended up being crap. However I could see Fox trying to make them some how make the next film into an AVP and put a few Xenomorphs in. If they did it right it could work.

As for the Expendables when I read Arnold was in it the site had the scene posted. It was just the script from it so it was no video but it wasn't much at all. All his character did was walk into a room talk to Silvester's character and another one. I think it was early on in the movie also. I don't think he has more than 10 minutes of screen time if that.

Getting back to Predators I might have to check out the comics that are out or coming out for the film.

From wikipedia.com(yes I know it is a great source)

Comic
A four issue tie-in Predators comic book by Dark Horse Comics was released on June 9 to promote the release of the film. The comic series will serve as a prequel, adaptation and sequel to the events depicted in the film. The comics show more back story on the characters Royce and Isabelle than what is depicted in the film.[42] One such comic follows a team of Navy SEALs in the midst of a firefight when suddenly they awaken to find themselves in a new and more deadly environment being stalked by a strange enemy. One by one these special-ops officers are killed by the unseen threat, until only one man remains.[43]

Also from there

Sequel
Nimrod Antal has talked about a sequel and said he would love to do one. In fact, he and Robert Rodriguez have already talked about a potential sequel. [citation needed]

Rodriguez has expressed that he has interest in a sequel because of the large number of potential ideas the Predator planet setting provides; "There are so many great ideas... Just following Laurence Fishburne's character (Noland) around in a prequel would be a great movie. Just the tales he tells in this movie alone, I want to see those experiences... That's why I wasn't precious even about the original script I had, because once you come up with the idea of a Predator Planet, that Predators use as their hunting grounds and humans are involved somehow, the story ideas that you can come up with are so numerous that you can come up with any approach. So we already have several ideas that we can go with for a sequel. They would all be good ideas but we would probably put them together to see which one rises to the top, if we made another one."[50]

So take them both for what you will. However I will have to check out the comics as I'm sure that is not BS. Atleast I hope it is not.

EDIT: I found what looks to be the script. It was posted at http://avpspectrum.com/forum/index.php?topic=585.0 but you can find it here

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sendme']I saw the movie with a friend of mine and they were telling me about the honor system with the predators. From what they said they have read all or most of the books and the comics. So it could all be different. I don't think they will have any Xenomorphs in it. Not unless they want to restart AVP as Rodriguez and Antal have both said the the films made the Predator look cartoonish and wanted to stay as far away from them and Predator 2 as they could. I would love to see a good AVP but the movies have ended up being crap. However I could see Fox trying to make them some how make the next film into an AVP and put a few Xenomorphs in. If they did it right it could work.

As for the Expendables when I read Arnold was in it the site had the scene posted. It was just the script from it so it was no video but it wasn't much at all. All his character did was walk into a room talk to Silvester's character and another one. I think it was early on in the movie also. I don't think he has more than 10 minutes of screen time if that.

Getting back to Predators I might have to check out the comics that are out or coming out for the film.

From wikipedia.com(yes I know it is a great source)

Comic
A four issue tie-in Predators comic book by Dark Horse Comics was released on June 9 to promote the release of the film. The comic series will serve as a prequel, adaptation and sequel to the events depicted in the film. The comics show more back story on the characters Royce and Isabelle than what is depicted in the film.[42] One such comic follows a team of Navy SEALs in the midst of a firefight when suddenly they awaken to find themselves in a new and more deadly environment being stalked by a strange enemy. One by one these special-ops officers are killed by the unseen threat, until only one man remains.[43]

Also from there

Sequel
Nimrod Antal has talked about a sequel and said he would love to do one. In fact, he and Robert Rodriguez have already talked about a potential sequel. [citation needed]

Rodriguez has expressed that he has interest in a sequel because of the large number of potential ideas the Predator planet setting provides; "There are so many great ideas... Just following Laurence Fishburne's character (Noland) around in a prequel would be a great movie. Just the tales he tells in this movie alone, I want to see those experiences... That's why I wasn't precious even about the original script I had, because once you come up with the idea of a Predator Planet, that Predators use as their hunting grounds and humans are involved somehow, the story ideas that you can come up with are so numerous that you can come up with any approach. So we already have several ideas that we can go with for a sequel. They would all be good ideas but we would probably put them together to see which one rises to the top, if we made another one."[50]

So take them both for what you will. However I will have to check out the comics as I'm sure that is not BS. Atleast I hope it is not.

EDIT: I found what looks to be the script. It was posted at http://avpspectrum.com/forum/index.php?topic=585.0 but you can find it here[/QUOTE]

Has the owners of the franchise claim that the comics/books can be considered cannon? I *think* the rule is, if its on screen, it's cannon...but the way studios remake/reboot things these days I think that concept was thrown out a long time ago.

As for the wiki thing, yea I read that... Honestly when watching his scenes, I was thinking I would not be surprised if there was a prequel comic/movie telling his story.

Who knows how long they can take Preds hunting humans story before people get bored of it? The next story needs to tell more about the Preds. Heck I would not be surprised if the writers toss in the idea that they are the creators of the Xenomorphs.

Yeah its possible that Arnold could be in "Predators 2" or what ever they plan on calling it. But where would he fit? Obviously they would make it a surprise, but if they gave him the same type of charecter Noland was minus the
being a scavenger part
i think that would have been a good character for him. Hopefully they dont give him the part he was originally suppose to have in which he is the leader of the predators at the end

[quote name='ITDEFX']Has the owners of the franchise claim that the comics/books can be considered cannon? I *think* the rule is, if its on screen, it's cannon...but the way studios remake/reboot things these days I think that concept was thrown out a long time ago.

As for the wiki thing, yea I read that... Honestly when watching his scenes, I was thinking I would not be surprised if there was a prequel comic/movie telling his story.

Who knows how long they can take Preds hunting humans story before people get bored of it? The next story needs to tell more about the Preds. Heck I would not be surprised if the writers toss in the idea that they are the creators of the Xenomorphs.[/QUOTE]

I make my own cannon. Alien 3 and Reserection to me never happened. Predator 2 I'm still not sure if it did or not. I have not seen it in a long time but I'm going with no for right now. Hell even with the Terminator movies I only count the first 2. I will look at the tv show as cannon before the last 2 movies. So I think it is all in what one thinks it is. I have not read the books or comics for any of them other than the first omnibus for AVP and I just started it before work.

In the next one it needs to be about the Predators a little more. I would like to see what other types of classes they might have. Like the one with the falcon.

As for the Xenomorphs I wouldn't be surprised if Fox tries to fit them in. On one hand I can see it working on the other I see it not working. The Xenomorphs use darkness to blend in. I don't see them working in a green jungle. If they could do it right I would like to see it but the last 2 make me wonder if one can be done. As for the Predators creating the Xenomorphs I'm not sure how that would work. Ridley Scott is working on 2 Alien prequels so it would have to work with them.

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']Yeah its possible that Arnold could be in "Predators 2" or what ever they plan on calling it. But where would he fit? Obviously they would make it a surprise, but if they gave him the same type of charecter Noland was minus the
being a scavenger part
i think that would have been a good character for him. Hopefully they dont give him the part he was originally suppose to have in which he is the leader of the predators at the end

[quote name='sendme']I make my own cannon. Alien 3 and Reserection to me never happened. Predator 2 I'm still not sure if it did or not. I have not seen it in a long time but I'm going with no for right now. Hell even with the Terminator movies I only count the first 2. I will look at the tv show as cannon before the last 2 movies. So I think it is all in what one thinks it is. I have not read the books or comics for any of them other than the first omnibus for AVP and I just started it before work.

In the next one it needs to be about the Predators a little more. I would like to see what other types of classes they might have. Like the one with the falcon.

As for the Xenomorphs I wouldn't be surprised if Fox tries to fit them in. On one hand I can see it working on the other I see it not working. The Xenomorphs use darkness to blend in. I don't see them working in a green jungle. If they could do it right I would like to see it but the last 2 make me wonder if one can be done. As for the Predators creating the Xenomorphs I'm not sure how that would work. Ridley Scott is working on 2 Alien prequels so it would have to work with them.

[/QUOTE]

Why do we really need a prequel to Alien? Do we really need to know the backstory about the space jockey? We already know a LOT about the Xenomorphs. I will accept a story that involves the Preds being responsible for their creation. I will accept Preds dropping queens off on different planets for them to lay eggs so they can be hunted later on. There is no point in creating a Xenomorph homeworld.

The preds know a shit more about Xenomorphs if they can contain a queen to some degree as we saw how tied up it was in AvP... That's no easy task and I am sure they don't want to kill the queen off as it will cut off their supply of xenomorphs to hunt.

I doubt the preds want the Xenomorphs over running a planets population.

[quote name='sendme']
I never even heard that they were going to do that with his character. I know I would not like it and don't think other fans would. Hell going back to the cannon thing if in the books it does say that if you beat a Predator then they wont come after you again why would he be there anyway. However the cannon thing would again be up to the person and in this case the writer. I really don't think Dutch is needed or even should be in it unless they have it that the larger Predators dont have that honor stuff or want to test him out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah apparently in the original script in which he was suppose to make a cameo after Royce (Brody) kills the the final predator, A space ship comes down with arnold being the leader of the predators and saying something like, "Good job kiddo" to Royce. Thank god this never happened:applause:.

[quote name='tcrash247']Adrien Brody and Topher Grace.[/QUOTE]

Oh Piano man AND that dumbass? lol, this has to suck that much.

Kind of funny how that one shot has exploded since the weekend. MTV asked Rodriguez what the deal was with that and he said he wanted to set a "mood" for the film and that it was never meant to be indicative of the number of predators. I liked the movie but that shot definitely sold me on the flick. Terrible ending though.

I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting much I just wanted to see
Stans get his Spine and Skull ripped out
But I was pleasantly surprised. I would like prequel comic of some sorts dealing with the planet drop and why they chose who they chose. And I don't mean about Royce and Isabella. I'd like to see some stuff on Hanzo and Nikolai. The Sword Fight was awesome and got a huge pop in the theater.

[quote name='GhostShark']I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting much I just wanted to see
Stans get his Spine and Skull ripped out
But I was pleasantly surprised. I would like prequel comic of some sorts dealing with the planet drop and why they chose who they chose. And I don't mean about Royce and Isabella. I'd like to see some stuff on Hanzo and Nikolai. The Sword Fight was awesome and got a huge pop in the theater.[/QUOTE]

I thought the sword fight was very honorable. The pred could have just plasmacasted his ass, but it was too short of a fight. Too bad both died.

SO your telling me...
These aliens, who cant speak English, Learn it. Study our military chain of command and gang activity. Watch specific people, and in so much detail they replicate tactics on the planet they used out in certain campaigns and drop them on a planet? For hundreds of years? Really?

Isn't hunting humans the equivalent of racing a F1 vs a 1982 Toyota Corolla?

The script and dialog would of been great in the 80's and early 90's. It has just been used so many times. It was just one giant cliche. Poorly scripted jokes and timid action scenes. Not hitting it out of the park in my book. I think why people are saying it was okay is that the last two films with predators in it where so bad that this looks like gold in comparison. Thats the only reason its getting decent reactions.

To me the biggest flaw, the same as Aliens 3, is that the group is a bunch of criminals. Why do I care if they live? because he talked in a hushed tone to show how bad ass he was? They where humans? Or that I hope that guy gets out so he can get his rape on at 5pm.

Bleck. No more money to this franchise. I should of learned my lesson by now.

[quote name='Lice']SO your telling me...
These aliens, who cant speak English, Learn it. Study our military chain of command and gang activity. Watch specific people, and in so much detail they replicate tactics on the planet they used out in certain campaigns and drop them on a planet? For hundreds of years? Really?

The script and dialog would of been great in the 80's and early 90's. It has just been used so many times. It was just one giant cliche. Poorly scripted jokes and timid action scenes. Not hitting it out of the park in my book. I think why people are saying it was okay is that the last two films with predators in it where so bad that this looks like gold in comparison. Thats the only reason its getting decent reactions.

To me the biggest flaw, the same as Aliens 3, is that the group is a bunch of criminals. Why do I care if they live? because he talked in a hushed tone to show how bad ass he was? They where humans? Or that I hope that guy gets out so he can get his rape on at 5pm.

Bleck. No more money to this franchise. I should of learned my lesson by now.[/QUOTE]

Well it was wrote back in the mid 90s. As for the group being a bunch of criminals did you even watch the movie? You had 2 and that was it. The rest were a mix of military and mercs.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Why do we really need a prequel to Alien? Do we really need to know the backstory about the space jockey? We already know a LOT about the Xenomorphs. I will accept a story that involves the Preds being responsible for their creation. I will accept Preds dropping queens off on different planets for them to lay eggs so they can be hunted later on. There is no point in creating a Xenomorph homeworld.

The preds know a shit more about Xenomorphs if they can contain a queen to some degree as we saw how tied up it was in AvP... That's no easy task and I am sure they don't want to kill the queen off as it will cut off their supply of xenomorphs to hunt.

I doubt the preds want the Xenomorphs over running a planets population.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is that at first it was not even going to be about the Space Jockey. I would like to see how that ship crash landed and maybe it will have nothing to do with a Xenomorph homeworld but with the Space Jockey homeworld. Hell maybe they created the Xenomorph.

[quote name='sotc1988']Kind of funny how that one shot has exploded since the weekend. MTV asked Rodriguez what the deal was with that and he said he wanted to set a "mood" for the film and that it was never meant to be indicative of the number of predators. I liked the movie but that shot definitely sold me on the flick. Terrible ending though.[/QUOTE]

That shot is what got me to go see it over the weekend. When I saw it was only one set of dots I sat in the theater and yelled out what the fuck. I expected more but I'm glad it was only the one set. If you think about it if their was that many it would have been end of movie right then.

[quote name='sendme']

The funny thing is that at first it was not even going to be about the Space Jockey. I would like to see how that ship crash landed and maybe it will have nothing to do with a Xenomorph homeworld but with the Space Jockey homeworld. Hell maybe they created the Xenomorph.
[/QUOTE]

NO SPACE JOCKEY... We don't need a damn movie based one scene!!!

[quote name='Lice']SO your telling me...

Bleck. No more money to this franchise. I should of learned my lesson by now.[/QUOTE]

Yea the formula is getting old... like I said..the next movie should take it to the future around the ALIENS timeframe. Send in the Marines to fuck up the preds...fuck yea!

I liked it for what it was. I'm a fanboy of the series though. Brody really brings it to town at the end. Such a badass.

LOL I'm going to do so much cocaine when I get out of here. Then rape so many bitches. Hilarious. Context aside. The delivery was great. Eric Foreman received so well.

[quote name='sendme']As for the group being a bunch of criminals did you even watch the movie? You had 2 and that was it. The rest were a mix of military and mercs..[/QUOTE]

2 criminals?

Skid Row rapey mc rape.
Mexican Cartel guy.
Yakuza (unless they do peace work now)
Evil murdering doctor.
Black guy who was in the Sierra Leone death squad

That would be 5. Did you even watch the movie?

The rest all had some sort of war crime/ sketchy tactics that painted them as the opposite of the great american hero Jack Bauer.

[quote name='Lice']2 criminals?

Skid Row rapey mc rape.
Mexican Cartel guy.
Evil murdering doctor.

The rest all had some sort of war crime/ sketchy tactics that painted them as the opposite of the great american hero Jack Bauer.[/QUOTE]

One country's criminal is another country's hero.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']I liked it for what it was. I'm a fanboy of the series though. Brody really brings it to town at the end. Such a badass.

LOL I'm going to do so much cocaine when I get out of here. Then rape so many bitches. Hilarious. Context aside. The delivery was great. Eric Foreman received so well.[/QUOTE]

That was a great scene. Rape em bitches!

There was really no point in the doctor (or so he says) in turning evil at the end. He's fucked the same as the others, so why bother turning?

[quote name='Lice']2 criminals?

Skid Row rapey mc rape.
Mexican Cartel guy.
Evil murdering doctor.

The rest all had some sort of war crime/ sketchy tactics that painted them as the opposite of the great american hero Jack Bauer.[/QUOTE]

LOL guess I didn't. I knew the guy in the orange jupsuit was and the doctor was. I never gave it a thought about the Yakuza, Mexican Cartel or the guy from the death squad. Hell the guy in the mexican cartel died so damn quick in the movie. The guy in the death squad seemed more military to me than anything and the guy in the yakuza seemed more like a business than anything.

bread's done
Back