Preorder at Amazon, Get a $10 Credit: Halo 3 ODST, Assassin's Creed II, NFS: Shift

epb

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Question, if I buy 2 copies of Halo ODST, will I get 2 codes? it mentions nothing of bein limited to one per account or household

I'm being super cheap, but I already pre-ordered ODST, waiting for that code to come in before I pre-order Modern Warfare 2. That won't be until late Sept, maybe even Oct. I wonder if this deal will expire.

[quote name='Phaethon360']I wonder if this deal will expire.[/QUOTE]

Preorder it now to secure the $10 offer, and if the offer is still available later when you get your ODST coupon, cancel and re-preorder at that time.

Dang, and I kind of want all those games. Guitar Hero 5 seems to have some good deals. $10 credit towards a future game purchase, $5 MP3 credit, another $5 MP3 credit for songs in the game, AND, Guitar Hero Van Halen free...it basically pays for itself just by purchasing it. You're getting $80 worth of free stuff so you're basically being paid $20 just to buy it if you get just the game, or paying just $20 for the version with a guitar. Quite a good deal if you ask me.

Halo ODST I wasn't sure about, but if I can get the $10 game credit I just might do it. As long as you can have multiple ones though...like if I purchase all three of those games (MW2 already pre-ordered) I can get $30 off of Left 4 Dead 2, which is already only $55, so that'd bring it down to $25. Or a couple other games I can think of...Fallout 3 GOTY Edition, which is already giving you $50 worth of DLC with it so you're basically paying $10 for Fallout 3, and $50 for the DLC, so getting that at $30 would be awesome. Bad Company 2, Lego Rock Band, just to name a few more.

Anyone have the official TOS for that promotion though? For some reason I feel like there's going to be a limit of like one code per account or something...wouldn't really worry about an expiration date because you can always just pre-order, but not sure how that'll work out. Unless the expiration date is like 2-weeks meaning you won't have all the codes together at one time to combine them since all those games come out at different times.

[quote name='Kerig']Preorder it now to secure the $10 offer, and if the offer is still available later when you get your ODST coupon, cancel and re-preorder at that time.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't really call that securing it. Amazon still reserves the right to change or terminate the promotion at any time, so whether you pre-order now, or later, it seems like you'd still be able to get the promotion unless they canceled it, and then it really wouldn't matter either way since it'd be canceled even if you pre-ordered day 1. Although I don't know why anyone wouldn't pre-order if they are planning to purchase from Amazon. You can usually get pre-order deals, and have your copy reserved, and you still don't have to pay until it's shipped. So why wouldn't you guarantee your copy by pre-ordering it?

I could understand if you had to pay $60 up front, like with most sites/stores, but since you only need to tell Amazon you want it, and then can wait until it ships to pay, it wouldn't make sense to wait. That way you know you have a copy pre-ordered, and if you decide you don't want it just cancel it like at least five days before it's released. Plus, if you pre-order in time you can get the release date delivery on some games which is great. Cheaper than standard shipping and arrives faster than overnight. I've had one day shipping before and the game came one day after the release date, for like $15, and then I used release date for another game, and it came ON THE DAY, and was only $5...what's not to like, but you can usually only get that if you pre-order so many days in advance before the game comes out...like 5 days or something.

awesome, thanks for post op.
151l1259.jpg

Sorry! I just went to amazon.com and read the small print. It says it applies to all existing pre-orders. Now I wonder if it works if you used the ECA promotion...

:)

I used the ECA promotional code for both Modern Warfare 2 and ODST... it didn't say anything about not applying, so I'll be pissed if it doesn't work.

[quote name='tecwrtr']Do you think it applies if you've already pre-ordered the game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WilliamG']Yep, even says so.[/QUOTE]

Good cause I pre-orderd MW2 a while ago. Even though last time something like this happened specifically with GTAIV Lost and Damned. I never got the free 3 month XBL card.

[quote name='tecwrtr']Sorry! I just went to amazon.com and read the small print. It says it applies to all existing pre-orders. Now I wonder if it works if you used the ECA promotion...

:)[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course it does.

Well, I preordered GH5, used the ECA discount, got free release day delivery, the $10 worth of amazon mp3's, free GH Van Halen game, and now this $10 off future purchase. Not bad for $54 shipped. Only thing missing is if the game would have showed up in my gold box picks.

Uhh, I hope Amazon adds Uncharted 2, Demon's Soul, and Ratchet and Clank Future: Crack in Time. I mean, Uncharted is a blockbuster too, not only Halo:ODST and MW2.

Does anyone know if I can preoder Bioshock 2 now, which comes out in January and then go back and add these $10 credits to it or does it have to be at the time the order is placed? Also if you can do this can you add more than 1 code at a time?

[quote name='bcb4589']Does anyone know if I can preoder Bioshock 2 now, which comes out in January and then go back and add these $10 credits to it or does it have to be at the time the order is placed? Also if you can do this can you add more than 1 code at a time?[/QUOTE]

I believe you can only apply giftcard later on, so I'm guessing no. Still, you can try it and if it doesn't work, just cancel and reorder it.

What is up with the PC version of MW2 not getting a lower price? It isn't even a GfW Live (or even GfW) title. Lame.

[quote name='confoosious']Has anyone gotten their madden 10 gc yet?[/QUOTE]

actually I don't think so. My issue is I have so much credit from Amazon for trad in's I'm not sure if I just missed the 10 dollars. I didn't see anything in my e-mail just the mp3 promotion.

I think I'll take advantage of this for ODST that firefight mode is suppose to be kick-ass.

[quote name='confoosious']Has anyone gotten their madden 10 gc yet?[/QUOTE]

Suppose to receive an email within 10 business days after your Madden ship date; still waiting on mine. Gonna use mine on DiRT 2, then use ODST's gift cert on MW2, then MW2's gift cert on Bioshock 2. Certainly comes in handy. =]

Hopefully they consider Borderlands to be a big enough of a blockbuster to add to this deal. I just pre-ordered it yesterday when it dropped to $53.99. Another $10 credit would be nice.

Small update regarding the $10 Gift Card from Madden Pre-orders. Exact promo details can be found in the links below.

Hello from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry to learn that you haven't received your $10 gift card for the item.

As indicated in the online description of the "Madden NFL 10" offer, we will send your promotional certificate via e-mail within 10 business days after the promotion ends.

***Note: All pre-orders at Amazon, will receive a free $10 Amazon gift card if ordered by 8/17/2009. The $10 will come via email within 10 business days from end of the promotion. One per household.****

I can confirm that you should be receiving your $10 gift card by August 31.

For your reference, I have included the link to the offer below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000414231

If you have not received your certificate by this date, please let us know by filling out the e-mail form on this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/pricing-and-promotions.html/

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

I'm glad to see the $10 bonus is available to all pre-orders. Last year a few of the more popular pre-order games with $10 Amazon bonus were for the first 1,000 or 5,000(I forget which) & customer service wouldn't tell you if your order was within that number :(

Also, do not forget to sign up for a free month trial of Amazon prime if you haven't already so you can get 2 day shipping ;)

is this deal still alive? i don't see anything on the product page that says that there's a $10 credit if you buy COD:MW2.

[quote name='bendeco45']is this deal still alive? i don't see anything on the product page that says that there's a $10 credit if you buy COD:MW2.[/QUOTE]

Its still live. Just not for that game. That's a pre order and the deal will be over by the time they ship it to you. You get the code 2 days after shipping so...

Does anyone know if the $10 credit stacks with the $30 off coupon from the recent trade in?

After Halo: ODST ships and sends me the other $10 off, I'd have a $30 off coupon plus 2 $10 off's , just enough so I can spend less than 10 bucks with my giftcard balance.
I just want to see if this can be done

[quote name='knotfan123']so...if i preorder MW2...i essentially can buy MW2 for 49.99?[/QUOTE]

Deal is over for MW2.

geezus this is startin to suck, I miss BB's so I turn to Amazon and I miss Amazons
where the heck am I supposed to get any kind of deal for MW2 now?

[quote name='CKaz']geezus this is startin to suck, I miss BB's so I turn to Amazon and I miss Amazons
where the heck am I supposed to get any kind of deal for MW2 now?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Dude. Relax.

Think about it. You've probably been playing video games since Halo 3 came out. You know how the major blockbuster releases go. Every retailer wants you to go to their store to buy that megahit title. I mean look at Batman Arkham Asylum. No one expected Toys R Us to just give money away like that ($20 or $30?! Like that?!). So just because you missed out on a pair of deals now doesn't mean that something else won't pop up a week or two before the release date. Target and Toys R Us and Wal-Mart and Gamestop and again, Best Buy and Amazon will find a way to snatch that almighty dollar from you again.

Be patient grasshopper.

For those worried about missing out on deals this Christmas think back to when Call of Duty 4, Left 4 Dead, Assassin's Creed, etc. came out. They all got discounted by at least $20 to get people in the stores. That was in good times, so expect the same in a recession or better. You won't get it day of release but if you have a little patience you'll get it by Xmas.

bread's done
Back