Preorder Dragon Age II & get 2 DLC Items (Fadeshear Sword & Lion of Orlais Shield)

Wargamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Only at participating retailers. Amazon and Gamestop are offering it. Existing pre-orders of Dragon Age II: Bioware Signature Edition will automatically qualify for this offer.

THE FADESHEAR
The core of this blade is old, as old as the first smiths who sought a way to battle the nightmares from the land beyond. It has fought the demonic hosts in countless battles. Sometimes it has been held high in triumphant victory. Other times, it has lain broken besides its dying owner. But after every defeat it has always been reclaimed, reforged, and made stronger. Fadeshear has passed through many hands before yours. Now it is your turn to make the demons of the Fade pay for crossing the Veil into the waking world.

• Improves with level-up
• Additional damage versus demons and undead

THE LION OF ORLAIS
At the height of the Summer War all of Orlais was embroiled in fierce battles. Over the course of the war dozens of contenders for the Imperial Throne emerged – most long forgotten except as footnotes in scholarly tomes. But everyone remembers the gallant young lord Emile Deveraux, “The Golden Prince.” Thought outnumbered at every turn, he racked victory upon victory culminating in the Seventh Battle of Roses. While wearing this shield he broke through his uncle’s vanguard to win the day. He never knew the taste of defeat, instead meeting his end at the hands of a jealous lover in the dead of night.

• Two rune slots
• Adds to health
• Adds to % XP gain
--------------------------------------------------------
Also, all new copies of Dragon Age II will contain a code for “The Black Emporium,” a mysterious new location in Kirkwall that is home to the appearance changing mirror of transformation and a wealth of rare artifacts including a rare whistle that will allow you to summon your very own mabari warhound throughout the game.

THE BLACK EMPORIUM
Come one, come all to the Black Emporium! There, nestled deep under Kirkwall, you’ll find a curious collection of items, some for sale, some for free and ranging from the mundane to the mysterious! One artifact can even transform your very body, face, hair, eyes—all new! We’ve even granted you your very own mabari war hound to call to your side with a whistle—a boon in battle and a beloved pet at home. Visit the Black Emporium today, and you’ll be the envy of adventurers everywhere! Once you’ve escaped imminent danger, return home. Your invitation awaits!

Source: http://www.gametrailers.com/news/new-dragon-age-ii-weaponry/2871

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Azuvidexus']All new copies? What does that mean?[/QUOTE]

All new copies of the game will ship with a code for the Black Emporium. Kinda like how the original Dragon Age had The Stone Prisoner shipped in all new copies. It is an incentive to buy new sealed games vs used ones from GameStop, et al.

[quote name='Wargamer']All new copies of the game will ship with a code for the Black Emporium. Kinda like how the original Dragon Age had The Stone Prisoner shipped in all new copies. It is an incentive to buy new sealed games vs used ones from GameStop, et al.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, I see, thanks!

So there's no way to get the signature edition anymore? These extra items would have pushed me over in terms of buying the game. Rats. Wish I had know two days before.

I assume this is only grandfathered for existing pre-orders at Amazon/GS? So if my SE is being shipped direct from Bioware, I don't get it...

The bonus is also available for preorders on steam. There's too much dlc for a game that hasn't released yet.

[quote name='Achilles00']So there's no way to get the signature edition anymore? These extra items would have pushed me over in terms of buying the game. Rats. Wish I had know two days before.[/QUOTE]

I'm bummed too. I found out about the S.E. on 1/12...

[quote name='eugaet']I assume this is only grandfathered for existing pre-orders at Amazon/GS? So if my SE is being shipped direct from Bioware, I don't get it...[/QUOTE]

I presume you'd get the EA store version which actually comes with three pre-order bonus items (one of them is completely exclusive to EA store, while the other two are the ones mentioned in this thread).

Slightly off-topic: I have this game preodered simply because they said the battle system will be changed. Can anyone please tell me if it has changed drastically enough form the first one? I wasn't too fond of the Boulder Gate style combat.

[quote name='Achilles00']So there's no way to get the signature edition anymore? These extra items would have pushed me over in terms of buying the game. Rats. Wish I had know two days before.[/QUOTE]

pay attention earlier?
It's only been announced for 2-3 months or so now?

Threads on Cag - emails from Bioware - Emails from EA - Tweets/Facebook Posts etc.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Slightly off-topic: I have this game preodered simply because they said the battle system will be changed. Can anyone please tell me if it has changed drastically enough form the first one? I wasn't too fond of the Boulder Gate style combat.[/QUOTE]

Well, it depends on how "changed" you're expecting, and on what platform. The combat animations are faster, there are fewer but more useful spells, and so on. But the pause-and-play method is pretty much what gives the game its tactical depth, particularly on the PC, so it's not suddenly a Diablo clone or anything, if that's what you're hoping.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1143660p1.html

[quote name='eugaet']I assume this is only grandfathered for existing pre-orders at Amazon/GS? So if my SE is being shipped direct from Bioware, I don't get it...[/QUOTE]

If you go to the Dragon Age website, it says ALL preorders, new and existing, get the sword and shield.

Let's see;

Sig Ed: 4 items + Prince/w Quest
Preorder: 2 items
Penny Arcade: 2 items
New copy: Dog + Mirror + Blackmarket (VIP/Cerebus Network)

Plus they will have more things to unlock from the Dragon Age Legends Facebook game (if it ever comes out).

:applause:

[quote name='Azuvidexus']All these updates make me happy that I pre-ordered the Signature Edition ^_^[/QUOTE]

Same here. I fully support developers giving extra to early adopters. Yes I'm a CAG, but when there is a game/series I truly enjoy, I try giving my support with my wallet early on if I can, and when they say thanks for it with stuff like this, it makes me a very happy gamer.:bouncy: And seriously, if you commit to buying early, you deserve getting a few perks above those who wait to buy stuff cheap or second hand.

[quote name='KrizB']Let's see;

Sig Ed: 4 items + Prince/w Quest
Preorder: 2 items
Penny Arcade: 2 items
New copy: Dog + Mirror + Blackmarket (VIP/Cerebus Network)

Plus they will have more things to unlock from the Dragon Age Legends Facebook game (if it ever comes out).

:applause:[/QUOTE]

What are the penny arcade items? Are they still available?

[quote name='grrouchie']pay attention earlier?
It's only been announced for 2-3 months or so now?

Threads on Cag - emails from Bioware - Emails from EA - Tweets/Facebook Posts etc.[/QUOTE]

Lest you accuse me of being oblivious, you should reread what I wrote. I never said I didn't know about the SE until it was too late. I said that if I knew of this extra DLC, which is independent from the SE and was announced after the SE presale ended, that I would have gone ahead and bought the SE.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Already had the staff, didn't know about hindsight. Got that now too. I should have everything now.[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind there is one item that is only available from EA.com, The Irons. A Signature Edition preorder from the EA store is the only way to get every promo item with only one purchase. :drool:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Keep in mind there is one item that is only available from EA.com, The Irons. A Signature Edition preorder from the EA store is the only way to get every promo item with only one purchase. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Nice find, but $7 shipping. I want it, but not for $7 over amazon

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Keep in mind there is one item that is only available from EA.com, The Irons. A Signature Edition preorder from the EA store is the only way to get every promo item with only one purchase. :drool:[/QUOTE]
1234931504682.jpg

[quote name='Anexanhume']
1234931504682.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I am being a total completionist tool for this game, so I'm preordering from EA.com in addition to the Signature Edition preorder I already have with Amazon. I figure I can resell the sealed game for close to full price, and it will be better than paying $20-30 for an Irons code on eBay after the fact.

Everyone please be aware The Irons are for PC and Xbox 360 only, no PS3. I guess that is just one item I will have to deal without....On the side note I got every single pre-order and bonus item with the original Dragon Age. = D But I play on PS3 only....

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah I am being a total completionist tool for this game, so I'm preordering from EA.com in addition to the Signature Edition preorder I already have with Amazon. I figure I can resell the sealed game for close to full price, and it will be better than paying $20-30 for an Irons code on eBay after the fact.[/QUOTE]

I went through that with ME2. I ended up accidentally getting an extra code and sold it for $25, making the money back I spent to get Terminus.

I think you'll be able to find the code for less than $15.

I'm a huge fan of DA:O and am looking forward to DA2, but unless Amazon offers $20 credit, I'll wait on buying.

I've learned that pre-order or exclusive DLC items are rarely great. I think I only used the Blood Armor in DA:O and ME2 very briefly before I found something that had better stats. Sure, it looks great, but I care more about not dying and let's be honest, the NPCs are not going to be in awe of your Blood Armor.

[quote name='CaseX']I'm a huge fan of DA:O and am looking forward to DA2, but unless Amazon offers $20 credit, I'll wait on buying.

I've learned that pre-order or exclusive DLC items are rarely great. I think I only used the Blood Armor in DA:O and ME2 very briefly before I found something that had better stats. Sure, it looks great, but I care more about not dying and let's be honest, the NPCs are not going to be in awe of your Blood Armor.[/QUOTE]

Blood Dragon Armor was great in DA:O . I don't remember anything that was clearly better. It was also no slouch in ME2.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Blood Dragon Armor was great in DA:O . I don't remember anything that was clearly better. It was also no slouch in ME2.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm with you. I think I kept that armor throughout the game, or at least near the end. Certainly it was good enough to equip to one of the supporting characters.

[quote name='Achilles00']Yea, I'm with you. I think I kept that armor throughout the game, or at least near the end. Certainly it was good enough to equip to one of the supporting characters.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same with me. I had it on my main character for almost the whole game and then one of my main supporting characters had it.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Blood Dragon Armor was great in DA:O . I don't remember anything that was clearly better. It was also no slouch in ME2.[/QUOTE]
I hated that it was a full suit of armor in ME2. I preferred being able to get the specialized bonuses from individual armor pieces depending on my character type and what I was trying to do.

bread's done
Back