Preorder DS lite at ebgames.com for 129.99

[quote name='rly723']for people who have the regular DS, are you also getting the DS lite? is the $30 diffence worth it??[/QUOTE]

from all the pictures and reports, it sounds like it's more than worth it. especially since most were expecting it to be $150.

Went to an EB games today (Sunnyvale, CA) to ask about preordering. Guy said that the SKU isn't orderable yet but it should be tomorrow first thing.

He mentioned that he could call the nearest Gamestop (Stevens Creek in B&N) to see if they could. I said yeah, go ahead. Seems like GS can do the preorder now and said that no one has come in yet for one.

Since I still have a bunch of EBG credit, I'll hit the closest EB tomorrow and drop a deposit.

[quote name='rly723']for people who have the regular DS, are you also getting the DS lite? is the $30 diffence worth it??[/quote]
I will get one but I will wait for maybe the second round of colors. I'm happy with my graphite DS right now.

Sold my DS Monday (Mario Kart Bundle) on Ebay. Got 125 for it. Considering I paid 130 for the MK bundle, I have zero problem plunking down 130 for the Lite. Yeah, I'll have to buy Mario Kart again, but by the time I care enough to do so I'll probably be able to get it for 15 bucks.

I also went to an EB today and they told me I could not do it until tomorrow. But at Gamestops the sku would work. Since I hate the GS by me I'll wait until tomorrow.

It's good to see that it's already starting at $129.99. However, unless there's some new trade in deal with the old DS, I probably won't get this.

Went to my local EB today and preordered mine. First on the list!!! Anyway I'm just happy I'm pretty much guranteed one at launch.

[quote name='$hady']B&M preorders confirmed @ Gamestop, $50 deposit required. I called Gamecrazy to ask about a trade price and she said that they don't start preorders till after E3.[/QUOTE]

Today I preordered a ds lite from gamecrazy for 50 bucks. Third person in the queue :)

[quote name='botticus']:whistle2:s I don't get it... where do you people live and/or buy stuff that sales tax is ever avoidable, to make it an issue? Anything I buy online costs me the same in tax as it would if I bought it in the store. Other than DDD, I dunno of any site offhand that doesn't charge sales tax.

And this is ignoring the fact that most people will have a line on their tax return that says "Enter the amount you have spent on internet purchases for which you were not charged state sales tax" and this becomes a moot point ;)[/quote]
I live in New Hampshire. There is no sales tax here. They don't charge tax anywhere online that I buy from since there is no tax in my state.

Oh yeah, I got mine preordered. First on the list at EB Games. Woohoo!

TBW

[quote name='evergoo']Just pre-ordered my DSL at a local EB. Price came out to be $141.36 including tax. My pocket hates sales tax :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Your tax is alot. Mine comes out to $137.79 with tax. (6%)

[quote name='rly723']probably CA tax 8%.. i hate that lol. deals would be so much better without tax and free shipping lol[/QUOTE]

Correcto mundo. 8.75% to be exact.

i can't wait!!

i hope to pre-order one tomorrow. and i'm keeping my newly bought electric blue DS so i can enjoy NSMBs later this month. :)

FYI, Ebgames.com's daily deal is free ground shipping on all orders over $50 with code CINCO. It says it does not work on consoles, but it went through fine for me.

How much does everyone think these will be going for on ebay on launch day?

I'm considering pre-ordering a few and selling the extras off.....

[quote name='Draccius']FYI, Ebgames.com's daily deal is free ground shipping on all orders over $50 with code CINCO. It says it does not work on consoles, but it went through fine for me.[/quote]

didn't work for me.

this is such a rip off - they charge a handling fee + shipping fee

[quote name='SoccerEBA3']How much does everyone think these will be going for on ebay on launch day?

I'm considering pre-ordering a few and selling the extras off.....[/QUOTE]

Not much. People in Japan love DS, people in America are iffy. It will sell out, but won;t go for much more ten $10-$20 over MSRP.

Woohoo sold my fat DS with no games but a few crappy extras for $95 after shipping and all fees AND got the #1 spot on the DS Lite preorder list at my EB today. $43 to upgrade sounds pretty good to me. :D

Kinda weird that EB only wants $25 but Gamestop wants $50 since they are the same company. I was gonna pay it in full but the guy got confused and was having troubles so I just did the minimum.

[quote name='$hady']Woohoo sold my fat DS with no games but a few crappy extras for $95 after shipping and all fees AND got the #1 spot on the DS Lite preorder list at my EB today. $43 to upgrade sounds pretty good to me. :D

Kinda weird that EB only wants $25 but Gamestop wants $50 since they are the same company. I was gonna pay it in full but the guy got confused and was having troubles so I just did the minimum.[/quote]

why pay full? invest that 100 dollars and earn urself 2 cents in interest till june

Finally got mine pre-ordered at EB in St. Pete, FL. They were having trouble with the SKU over the weekend, so I had to wait until Monday. But I'm No. 2 on the list. WOOHOO!

[quote name='Americanpierg']why pay full? invest that 100 dollars and earn urself 2 cents in interest till june[/quote]

LOL now i got MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY! :bouncy:

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']I wanna preorder it but I dont really want the white one you think theyll have a blue one a week after launch like they did in japan?[/quote]
I doubt it. In the nintendo press conference they only showed the white one.

if its only white colored, i think i'll wait it out untile they come out with colored ones. white seems to be a bit trendy and trying to look like an ipod

[quote name='rly723']for people who have the regular DS, are you also getting the DS lite? is the $30 diffence worth it??[/quote]

If you are able to upgrade for only $30, then heck yes it's worth it. Games look amazing on the Lite, and you can actually play one outside.

Has anyone preordered something like this from ebgames.com before? Am I going to get stuck waiting for mine while it sits backordered?

[quote name='skygunnerblue']If you are able to upgrade for only $30, then heck yes it's worth it. Games look amazing on the Lite, and you can actually play one outside.[/quote]

Where do you get an upgrade for only $30?

I have $50 in BestBuy Credit. $75 in WalMart Credit. And I still have my old DS that I can get $60-ish for as a trade at either GR or GS...

I'm debating where to get the Lite. But if GR/EB/GS offered a $30 upgrade, I'd JUMP on it.

I got my pre-order in at my local EB Games. They said $25 gurunteed a system on launch day. Let's hope they stick to their word.

did any of the in-store preorder places give you a release date? Gamestop said they didn't know..? but im pretty sure it's June 12th/11th

[quote name='AshesofWake']did any of the in-store preorder places give you a release date? Gamestop said they didn't know..? but im pretty sure it's June 12th/11th[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I asked and they said June 11th. That's a Sunday though, is that usually when Nintendo releases their consoles or something?

[quote name='Technique']Yeah, I asked and they said June 11th. That's a Sunday though, is that usually when Nintendo releases their consoles or something?[/quote]$30 Upgrade? fuck yeah.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Interesting that it's the same price as the current DS because it seems like when Nintendo updates a handheld the price goes up, GAB was either $70 or $80 when the SP came out for $100, the SP was $80 when the Micro came out for $100. I thought the Lite would be $150[/quote]

Well, what will happen is that the normal DS will now retail for $99 until all remaining stock is gone, most likely. It's not that the GBA SP was more expensive than the GBA, it's that the GBA went down in price when the SP launched for the old retail price of the GBA.

at eb/gs and everywhere else like CC/BB...it seems to be $130 for the DS alone. this TRU deal is the cheapest anywhere right now. bundles are $150 everywhere else. who knows, maybe it goes down when it gets close to the DS lite launch next month. but right now, this is the best deal out there

[quote name='rly723']if its only white colored, i think i'll wait it out untile they come out with colored ones. white seems to be a bit trendy and trying to look like an ipod[/QUOTE]

Based on reviews I've read, the colored ones (Enamel Navy & Ice Blue) are fingerprint heaven compared to Crystal White. I also don't think that the US will get different colors anytime soon. We're not as crazy as Japan about the DS. Besides, it'll match with very nicely with the Wii, assuming it launches in white :)

bread's done
Back